As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[2018 East Challenge Coin] Coins are arriving in your mailboxes!

• Options
    SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Canada shipping is indeed pretty terrible.
    As of right now we're not 100% sure the coins will arrive in time for East, so I'd not recommend having them sent to someone else until we know for sure.
    What part of Canada are you in? If you're near Montreal I can increase my order size and we can meet up at pax/after pax.

• Options
    SepiothSepioth Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Yeah that shipping to Canada does suck. As @MephistoN7 said I would definitely help people out as well getting coins if they needed but being unsure of it getting to here before PAX makes that hard.

4gzp0ml63v5i.png
  • Options
    Jer1ch0Jer1ch0 Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    SutibunRi wrote: »
    Canada shipping is indeed pretty terrible.
    As of right now we're not 100% sure the coins will arrive in time for East, so I'd not recommend having them sent to someone else until we know for sure.
    What part of Canada are you in? If you're near Montreal I can increase my order size and we can meet up at pax/after pax.

Thanks for the reply! I live in Ottawa so pretty close. If they come in before PAX I would definitely take you up on the offer (thanks @Sepioth and @MephistoN7 as well!) - when do you think you will know?

Jer1ch0 on
    dr5jolvtc9bn.png

• Options
    Arithon32Arithon32 Member of the Pinquisition Registered User regular
    These look amazing! Thanks for putting this together!

vru37z14gk5j.png

• Options
    bigfearsbigfears Registered User regular
    Awesome job people! I ordered about 6-7 coins myself! can't wait to get my hands on them and distribute them with my group at pax! or after pax :( hah, good work and thanks again for putting this together @SutibunRi

• Options
    RufeRufe Chesapeake, VARegistered User regular
    So, I just looked at the number of coins ordered so far (for the first time since the form went up)

Other random facts.
    13 14 people ordered only color coins.

Oh look, there I am.

PAX East 2018 Checklist:[X] Plane Ticket [X] Hotel [X] 4 One Day Passes [X] Badge arrival [X] Game packaging
  • Options
    RenegadeTKRenegadeTK Central MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Order in. Thanks once again for making this happen!

• Options
    TopherRocksTopherRocks Rockstar Beard Grower Kent, OH or Long Island, NYRegistered User regular
    Just placed my order for 11 coins!

• Options
    Oh.. hey.. we uh..
    we sold 131 color coins so far..
    and 88 regular..
    That means we're gonna be getting a second batch printed to cover the color coins.

I've not heard anything from kiddercorp in a while, waiting on any news from them at the moment.

• Options
    SinoSambaSinoSamba CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Placed order for 1 regular and 1 color. Thanks, SutibunRi!

3DS FC: 3239-2323-6239
  • Options
    ironysparklesironysparkles Lowell, MARegistered User regular
    Just placed my order for 1 and 1! :D

UyhWici.png
  • Options
    PchoPcho Enforcer Pcho New HampshireRegistered User regular
    Just place a order as well! @SutibunRi any idea on the time line yet? It would be totally awesome if they arrived before East.

PAXAnimeCTconFanExpoRenewDHAtlantaAnaheimLeakycon
    o8VqzID.png
  • Options
    Unfortunately, I've had no new news on the timeline, leaving us unlikely to get them in time barring some good news in the next few days.

• Options
    silentFIGUREsilentFIGURE PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Unfortunately, I've had no new news on the timeline, leaving us unlikely to get them in time barring some good news in the next few days.

thats a bummer but its all good, we'll get em soon... thanks @SutibunRi for setting everything up :D

fqvs4fpku5cl.png
  • Options
    LycaneLycane Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Just filled out the form, now i send $$ to marty@kccoin.com for the amount that corresponds to what is ordered and we good?

Never done this before so just making sure.

Edit: ah just saw the paypal transaction blurb. I think we are good now.

Lycane on
  • Options
    Well, I just went thru the orders again to check for missing/wrong information.

Some of you will have gotten an email, others will have gotten a PM here requesting info, it'd be great to be able to get that sorted out asap.

we are at 98 Regular and 152 Color sold, yay!

• Options
    craftersshaftcraftersshaft Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Is it too late to get a coin right now? Don't care if it happens to ship after pax, I just want to make sure I can order.

craftersshaft on
    eBcBx26.png
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Yup, orders are still open!
    The Order Form!

SutibunRi on
  • Options
    EchoZeroEchoZero Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Hopefully we get the coins before PAX, most of what I bought is for giving away at PAX.

EchoZero on
  • Options
    zRychzRych Registered User regular
    I bought coins to give away at pax as well so here's hoping we can get them before the show

• Options
    PAX is 10 days away...

Seeing how @SutibunRi has yet to get ANY info on the progress so far it is highly unlikely at this point we will get them before PAX. They will need to be in the hands of the USPS by Friday to guarantee any delivery by Wednesday. And that's assuming they are sent via Priority Mail.

Of course if you live local you get a few extra days to get them during PAX.

Fingers still crossed though they manage to get out in time.

4gzp0ml63v5i.png
  • Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Early or late, these things are going to be freakin sweet.

Le_Goat on
    While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    I mean, Kiddercorp mentioned before the Die issue that they expected to receive them from the factory on the 7th, and asked me when the event was.
    In the past, this has generally meant they'd ask the factory to run the order ahead of one that isn't quite as urgent, and they've generally gotten the coins up to a week earlier than their estimated date.
    So I'm still holding out hope, but I don't think it's likely at this point.

The minute I have actual news, I promise to let everyone know.

@EchoZero @zRych @Pcho , and anyone else who needs the coins to hand out at East and can't do it later, PM me with your cellphone numbers, and if there's any last second magic that can be done to get your coins in your hands by the Sunday of PAX, I'll text you with details when the time comes.
    I have worked what magic I can, there is none left.

SutibunRi on
  • Options
    Update:
    They'll be getting the coins on the 4th, standard shipping means they should start arriving the Friday/Saturday of PAX.

• Options
    brokenvegetablebrokenvegetable Virtual Photographer BostonRegistered User regular
    I ordered my 8

• Options
    I asked Kiddercorp to send off the order for the 2nd batch today, to cover the 50+ extra color coins.
    Turn around on that is 4 weeks. So if you're part if Batch 2 your coins will probably only get to you in about 4.5-5 weeks.
    The two orders placed today should end up as part of Batch 2.

Any orders from tomorrow on will end up in Batch 3, which will only get printed once ordering closes on April 23rd. (2 weeks after East ends) Which means Batch 3 should arrive by early June.
    My own coins will be part of Batch 3, so I'll suffer along with the rest of you.. or all by myself if no further orders come in.

• Options
    ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    I’ll be placing my order in the morning...we’ll be batch 3 buddies!

• Options
    LadyDeathLadyDeath San AntonioRegistered User regular
    @SutibunRi , I ordered 1of each, color and uncolored. Any chance of getting these while I'm at Pax East or do I have to wait till they are mailed to me?

• Options
    I'm actually not seeing your order @LadyDeath the only orders of 1 of each I can see are from other formers.
    Did you fill out the form? Or only send kiddercorp money via PayPal?
    You'll probably have to wait until they mail them to you since your order doesn't seem to exist at the moment.

• Options
    ScoJoMoScoJoMo Registered User regular
    Update:
    They'll be getting the coins on the 4th, standard shipping means they should start arriving the Friday/Saturday of PAX.

Damn. I bought a couple extra to give away at the convention.

• Options
    LadyDeathLadyDeath San AntonioRegistered User regular
    @SutibunRi I could have sworn I filled out a form but I just did it now just in case. Will I still have to wait for shipment?

• Options
    Yeah, you'll have to wait I'm afraid.
    Not enough coins physically exist to get everyone some right away.
    I do see your order now, so you will get coins as soon as more coins exist.

• Options
    MephistoN7MephistoN7 Sexual Tyrannosaurus Keene, NHRegistered User regular
    As a dozen of us ask to have the shipping addresses changed to hotel lobbies. :biggrin:

erdub14zr3u2.png

• Options
    God, No, don't ask for that, that way lies the possibility of your coins arriving after you've checked out and left Boston.

• Options
    MephistoN7MephistoN7 Sexual Tyrannosaurus Keene, NHRegistered User regular
    God, No, don't ask for that, that way lies the possibility of your coins arriving after you've checked out and left Boston.

Always ruining our fun.

erdub14zr3u2.png

• Options
    MephistoN7 wrote: »

Always ruining our fun.

Correct!
    The only fun is my fun!

That's why I'll be wearing an inflatable T-Rex costume with a scarf during parts of PAX.
    Like, perhaps at the Pre-PAX Boardgaming?

• Options
    edited March 2018
    I was kind of on the fence and all cause I'm not really into board games but this may push me over the edge to go :)

Sepioth on
    4gzp0ml63v5i.png
  • Options
    AngudrothenAngudrothen Registered User regular
    Looking forward to getting my coin! Ordered a colored one. Thanks. Never done this before, is there any confirmation you give us so we know you received the order from us? I used paypal and filled out the form on here. Thanks!

6xdt4ka2c0xd.png
  • Options
    Anyone who would like to double check that their order went thru can send me a PM with their full name and I can check on it for you.

• Options