As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [chat] where we exert ourselves to talk about things we actually like

1848586878890»

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    It isn't even hard to come up with justifications for a person wanting to kill God.

Just make the story "Job but instead of being awed by God he decides to get vengeance."

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Geth cancel thread recycle

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative So It Goes. Closing thread...

• Options
    Awhoops

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    It isn't even hard to come up with justifications for a person wanting to kill God.

Just make the story "Job but instead of being awed by God he decides to get vengeance."

let's not limit ourselves to monotheism please

I want an RPG where as you level up, you take on larger and more powerful gods

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Weeeooo

poo
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    what are you doing?!

*frantically throws switches*

do you want us to go into a meltdown?!

• Options
    Geth you fool

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Oh another thing I just remembered I love

SLIM FIT CHINOS

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    We went back and forth, between assigning a DM to a particular server or region, and assigning a particular DM to a group or a guild. Neither one worked super well, just because of the nature of a volunteer organization. Favoritism, and exclusionary behavior, and just general apathy were all things we had to fight against.

Eventually we implemented a tiered system where new dme's could only hand out small experience rewards and run non World impacting one shots. Later, after they began to learn the secret information and details of all the player organizations, they could start running longer and more involved adventurous. Only the most experienced DMs were allowed to run World altering plots and those usually ran 6 or 8 months at a stretch.

• Options
    Geth, cancel recycle

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative So It Goes. This thread will not be automatically recycled.

• Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    hmm now that star wars disappointed me hugely i need another way to fill out my day

i'm thinking... making 50 pancakes

My friend saw it opening night and was hugely disappointed then slept on and ended up seeing it again last night and loving it.

I haven't seen it yet myself, but might be something to letting the experience percolate for a bit.

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    my god

we're gonna go [chat]ulear

we'll turn every thread on the front page radio[chat]ive

-what have you done-?

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »

Start out by killing the god responsible for causing you to get stuck in traffic.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Sigmund is something spoopy happening

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    JebusUD wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    is it a coincidence the atmosphere around here began improving when i started posting here?

i don't know

but no it is not

you have a whole string of infractions from years and years ago, like 2011. some of which I gave you...I don't even remember why

I guess you were an angry young Chanus once

or you just really liked big gifs idk

i think i have one, and you did give it to me, where it was because i was out of line and being a shithead

i think all the rest were just me being silly inappropriately or posting big images

I have one for being a shithead. I deserved it. I'm not sure it's even from a mod that is on here anymore.

Then I have one from I think Elki for destroying the economy during the financial crisis. It was me. I did it.

I think I was toeing the line on a ban last year during my divorce.

I was a total angry shithead, tbf.

• Options

Start out by killing the god responsible for causing you to get stuck in traffic.

-Mercury- *shake fist*

• Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    Geth recycle program: Earth

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Aegis wrote: »
    You also have to consider the level of DM interaction.

Are your DMs just going to run one shot adventures?
    Are they going to run over-arching plots that have a shared narrative over the course of several sessions? How do you introduce new players midway through and what do you do about previous players who were invested in the storyline but couldn't attend later parts?
    What about player-driven content? How much DM interaction can you spare for these kinds of things? How involved should they be? How do you keep records of what each player is doing so other DMs can assist, or do you assign one DM to one particular focus-area?

These kinds of situations came up a lot in PWs and was always constantly going back and forth in terms of what to focus on. Some DMs liked to do some of these things, others didn't. Some required a lot more attention and record-keeping, etc.

And this is the flip side of why I want to hire a DM staff. It's impossible to control content, get good reporting, and maintain fairness/avoid favoritism with a volunteer staff. That was one of the biggest challenges of Avlis and we only had 25 DM's on staff.

I can't remember how many DMs we had on the server I played in. I don't think we hit 25, but I guess maybe if you counted the DMs that only ran an event here or there or who were much less active than normal.

But yea, better reporting would be great. Sometimes you'd get readouts of events that were run, sometimes you wouldn't.

I think we eventually settled on a player reporting section in the DM forums where one could chronicle things that particular characters were working on that required DM attention in some way, so that we could track across the entire DM staff what was going on in case people got requests that didn't normally interact with that player.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    I was an awesome DM in the secret world but it ended up driving me crazy in ways I am still puzzling out today

I ended up writing a piece about it for waypoint if anyone is curious I will DM you a link

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular

So basically Falling Down + Tyranny?

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    No

please no anime

we already live in an unjust world

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    i love my goofy ugly cat baby son

• Options
    No

please no anime

ni hao!

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    No

please no anime

These are always something lame like the mod just wanting to make the next thread or something as opposed to deciding to to usher in the animepocalypse.

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    the animepocalpyse is a fever dream of the sweaty otakus and their 2d desires.

Order will prevail!

• Options
    Geth, close the thread

For realsies

• Options
    Affirmative So It Goes. Closing thread...

This discussion has been closed.