Options

[Achievement Unlocked] Bleep Bloop

• Options
    JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I started enjoying Just Cause 3 even more when I realized the guy on the radio talking about why settlements were “moved” or “demolished” was David Tennant.

But I’m at the same point. Just finished the main story the other night and now I’m cleaning up. Taking a break tonight to finish season 2 of Telltale Batman though.

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    If either of you are on the Ps4 and need someone to challenge /be challenged by let know. I actually enjoyed the game right up until the last 2 or 3 wing suit challenges. Also if you want it to go faster by the sea dlc pack and get the lightning weapon fully upgraded. You are basically Zeus at that point.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    If anyone picked up burnout on the PS4 and wants to do some online trophies hit me up. I got the plat already but there's some dumb online trophies in the dlc stuff.

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    furlion wrote: »
    If either of you are on the Ps4 and need someone to challenge /be challenged by let know. I actually enjoyed the game right up until the last 2 or 3 wing suit challenges. Also if you want it to go faster by the sea dlc pack and get the lightning weapon fully upgraded. You are basically Zeus at that point.
    Already got the challenges covered, thanks though!

But yeah, between the Sky and Sea DLC packs I’ve basically just been flying around raining lightning down from the heavens.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    I have all but one stunt jump, I did all the knife flights, and will whittle down the under the bridge challenges. All so I can pile up a bunch of achievements all at once tomorrow.

Now real reason. Just felt like it.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Because you are a fool in April! Obviously! :pop:

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    I'm not much of a trophy hunter but I did Platinum three games in the past week: Modern Warfare Remastered, Killing Floor 2 and Titanfall 2.

Titanfall was the most enjoyable, none of the trophies were annoying and it was pretty satisfying to finally beat the gauntlet time.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Anyone have pixeljunk shooter? I want to finish the online trophies but the online is dead.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Just noticed that on my Xbox account, I was one of only 96 people who were able to 100% (1030/1030) Marvel Heroes Omega before it got shut down. Neat.

Edit: 96 people according to True Achievements. So probably a bit more since I think it only counts registered people.

AuburnTiger on
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    It does. Without MS releasing their own statistics it becomes tough to say.

It's still a likely rare accomplishment globally.

• Options
    edited April 2018
    I think the threshold for rare achievements is less than 10% of the people who own the game have unlocked it? TA flags achievements as rare only if the xbox does too.

but given TA is a site for hunters, the percent of people that are tracked that have the achievement would obviously be higher. It would still have the diamond though.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Really wish that the Microsoft Solitaire collection checked/filtered Pyramid unwinnable games from the shuffle. So obnoxious.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    Working through previous GTA missions to reach seventy gold. About eighteen shy. Thankfully I can skip over missions with more difficult requirements.

• Options
    edited April 2018
    oh man, one of the staff at TA put up a blog post whining about how difficult an achievement is in Sea of Thieves and called for it to be changed and I just can't.

edit: basically, you have to do some banana quest a bunch (1000) of times and I guess you randomly get banana quests but seriously.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    What's the name of the achievement? 'P.T. Barnum Was Right'?

• Options
    As much as I hate needlessly grindy achievements/trophies asking the developer to change one seems a little much. Especially since they are technically optional. Can developers even do that? I guess they could patch the game to make it easier to do, but I do not think I have ever seen the actual requirement be changed after release.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    As much as I hate needlessly grindy achievements/trophies asking the developer to change one seems a little much. Especially since they are technically optional. Can developers even do that? I guess they could patch the game to make it easier to do, but I do not think I have ever seen the actual requirement be changed after release.

Destiny 2 altered an achievement from "do the Prestige Nightfall or Prestige Raid" to "do the Prestige Raid" (and fixed the Prestige Raid in place at a certain light level) so that it would be possible no matter how many expansions came out.

• Options

Achievements can be updated in this generation. They could last gen too but you'd have to patch-patch the game itself to do it, and so it just wasn't done. A notable change to achievements in another game was Killer Instinct, where before you had to play each character a ton they cut it down to a tenth of the time. Naturally, people who idle boosted their way through the achievement complained about that one.

The achievement they complained about is called Merchant Forager.

• Options
    If they changed the requirements for Rumble Roses XX, I'd be a bit miffed about it. But nobody can take away the foolish dedication to put in 800+ hours to 100% a game that was a significant disappointment.

Pretty sure I wouldn't care much if it suddenly was easier for others, though.

• Options
    oh man, someone just wrote a post accusing people of being okay with the achievement as being sockpuppets. oh TA. I guess it's time to stick to looking at only my profile and solutions again.

• Options
    There will always be young people with the kind of free time to unlock trophies no matter what the requirement. I usually assume people who say they spent ridiculous times in games without complaint are in high school or younger..

• Options
    That would be a weird assumption for a hobby. but eh.

• Options
    That would be a weird assumption for a hobby. but eh.

I don't think so, it is much easier to spend hundreds of hours on a game when you don't have a full time job, significant other, or children. Plus all the extra responsibilities that come with being an adult. I know there are people out there who are my age that don't have so many time constraints but they are more the exception I think.

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Knocked out the plat for Sonic's Genesis Collection. Easy and quick.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I don't understand the problem with TA's op-ed calling out Sea of Thieves' terrible achievements as terrible.

• Options
    Without reading, I think it was the part about wanting it changed.

On a site basically dedicated to tracking e-peen scores for people who are probably most likely to be obsessed with said score.

That's my take, anyway.

• Options
    edited April 2018
    Without reading, I think it was the part about wanting it changed.

On a site basically dedicated to tracking e-peen scores for people who are probably most likely to be obsessed with said score.

That's my take, anyway.

Yeah, partially that.

Sea of Thieves is a service game and the achievements are meant to stretch the anticipated lifespan of the game. There are several achievements on the list that require 1000 turn-ins. Nothing about Sea of Thieves1 points to it being a quick completion. The achievements are meant to reward players that are invested in the game, not invested in boosting/plowing through it for points.

That they go through and look at the achievements and completions and data and don’t realize that is what annoys me. Especially given the age of the game. That it took 22 days to pop Seriously 4.0 speaks more to the game being boostable. The killer instinct achievements were idleboosted before they changed them too.

That said, if the achievements don’t have visible trackers for their progress, that’s bad.

The mindset of most hunters is quick/easy/
    low effort means “good” achievements, but it doesn’t. If this article was written maybe six months from now, maybe I would think it had merit. As it is now, to me it’s pandering clickbait.

edit: are there situations where long-grind achievements are bad? Yep. Rumble Roses, EDF: Insect Armageddon, and Lost Planet 2 are three games that jump to mind with achievements whose completion times surpass their support (DLC, population, etc) spans.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    I certainly have no problem complaining about poorly implemented achievements. I'll check the clickbait later when I get a chance.

My own obsession with unlocking achievements get battered a bit when I'm reminded just how shallow some get over them. They're allowed it, but it's still awkward.

• Options
    haha... I’ve no problem complaining about complainers! :P

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    I dont really understand why some games track achievement progress and others dont, surprised that Microsoft hasnt just set it as a requirement for releasing games on their platform.

I'm playing Far Cry 5 and Monster Hunter at the moment, Far Cry 5 has no problems tracking achievement progress but MHW does nothing of the sort.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    On Microsoft's part, it was about trying to add value to the platform. Something extra to draw people in since just about everybody will work to fill the bar. In the beginning, they didn't even require the full 1000 for retail games. Ultimately, they only require that they be unlockable...at release*.

Tracking progress is left to the developer. It isn't technically hard, but it requires effort. And that effort is better served creating Day Zero DLC.

*Offer void when 3rd-party service is removed.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    Earned 2 more Platinums this week and also 100%'d Flower.

Getting the Platinum in Uncharted 2 felt amazing. I thought Crushing would be rough but it was actually a really fun run. Uncharted 2 quickly became one of my favorite games after my playthroughs.

Riptide G2 was my other platinum. I bought it because it was only $7 and it was supposed to be fun. While it was, I had to take a week break from it because of some of those Stunt races being so difficult for me to 3 star. Glad to have knocked it out though.

• Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    I platinumed Minit, which was a pretty fun way to spend a couple afternoons. Solidly entertaining first playthrough, and a couple hours of futzing around for the rest of the trophies.

Also working on 100% Burnout Paradise Remastered, which is still am awesome game. Have a few online trophies left that won't take long, and getting 100% on the bike license. I had forgotten how diametrically opposed the bikes were to everything that was fun about Burnout Paradise.

• Options
    Hm. Definitely need to mix in some shorter games, play is starting to feel boring.

1000/1000'd Tera though. There's a lot of stuff a the cap that doesn't have achievements though. It's a weird list in it effectively only covers playing the game up through just hitting 65.

Dynasty Warriors 9 takes a bit of time per character too, but did some of that. In a weird place in Monster Hunter World as far as killing the monsters over and over. Don't... see the point of it. Gotta start doing multiplayer missions though, and the event is probably a good start.

• Options
    I hope you earned all the gold crowns you could during the spring event. I had to work most of it so I still need about 8 just from those events. Then add in the monsters who were not there and it ends up being about 15. I think I am only going to play when they release a gold crown event for monster I need though. I just can't put in another 150+ hours killing the same thing and praying to RNGesus.

• Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    yeah, MHW is a super slog, but they will reliably put out the gold crown zone events so it's possible to focus on those instead of just hope. I'm down to maybe 10 small/large crowns left and the rare animals because I'm lazy about that.

• Options
    oh, I just get bored fighting them and the only reason we're doing it in the game at this point is because they're there and we just happen to be there too... which doesn't help.

rare animal farming is also an annoyance.

• Options
    RobesRobes Registered User regular
    Dishonored Death of the Outsider was kind enough to make "Don't Kill anyone for a single level instead of the entire game" achievement instead of for the whole game. Especially considering all the awesome executions and gadgets you get. So I was able to get Ghost and that achievement in the same run.

Stealth Pacifist games have their own specific place in hell.

"Wait" he says... do I look like a waiter?
  • Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    Platinumed Tesla vs. Lovecraft on the PS4.

It is a very nice and playable twin-stic shooter, and it has daily challenges which give you jewels but you don’t have to log on; for example, if you haven’t played for 6 days, you will have 6 daily challenges.

So this game is “play through the first two worlds as quickly as possible”, because the third world gives you daily challenges that give you 40 gems each (which is a lot) so you can buy some nice upgrades quickly.

So play the game till world 3, and then a week later, do all the dailies, and then again a week later, and so on...

Unless you are a twin-stick ninja, but this is an easily attainable game for people with average skill :biggrin:

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    Bleh, Tomb Looter achievement in Warframe still hasn't popped. I can only assume that it's alos been xbox enhanced recently too, but really hard to care when the stupid achievement is broken. no point in even doing the other new ones added.