Options

[Achievement Unlocked] Bleep Bloop

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    I am just wrapping up the last of the trophies I plan on earning in Dying Light. Just need to finish the following dlc and then get tall of its trophies and I will be done. Shame I can't get the platinum but the online community just is not there at this late date. After I finish this I am going into Witcher 3 complete edition. Definitely getting the platinum in that.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    furlion wrote: »
    I am just wrapping up the last of the trophies I plan on earning in Dying Light. Just need to finish the following dlc and then get tall of its trophies and I will be done. Shame I can't get the platinum but the online community just is not there at this late date. After I finish this I am going into Witcher 3 complete edition. Definitely getting the platinum in that.

I've been sitting on just the "completely x quests with 4 people" trophy since the game came out. Had to do a full run... 3 times? maybe 4 because of a collectible bug too.

• Options
    Qanamil wrote: »

I've been sitting on just the "completely x quests with 4 people" trophy since the game came out. Had to do a full run... 3 times? maybe 4 because of a collectible bug too.

I came to it late, bought the enhanced edition, so most of the bugs had been patched out. Sadly that included the item and weapon duplication glitches. Still an enjoyable game though.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Have you tried truetrophies? While I'm sure the hunters there are just as annoying, they may have sessions to get those, or you can start one of your own.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    Have you tried truetrophies? While I'm sure the hunters there are just as annoying, they may have sessions to get those, or you can start one of your own.

I tried a few times via the Dying Light subreddit, but nothing ever took and I just gave up.

• Options

I tried a few times via the Dying Light subreddit, but nothing ever took and I just gave up.

Ah, yeah... I'd try Truetrophies. It's the sister site to Trueachievements... a community of hunters. Very likely others will help there? IDK.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    The few times I did a TrueX session worked out pretty well. I was having major connection issues but the people I was with were pretty cool about it. There is a rating/voting system to help give an idea who you're playing with.

• Options
    I usually look in the Playstationtrophies.org co-op thread for whatever game I am interested in. So far it has yet to fail me although I have never needed 3 people at once before. A quick glance shows me plenty of people are still active in the thread for dying light so I could probably knock them out but I am ok putting this one to bed for now though. I may come back to it later but I am already hooked on The Witcher 3. Will definitely be getting all the trophies from the base game and the dlc for this one.

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    I usually look in the Playstationtrophies.org co-op thread for whatever game I am interested in. So far it has yet to fail me although I have never needed 3 people at once before. A quick glance shows me plenty of people are still active in the thread for dying light so I could probably knock them out but I am ok putting this one to bed for now though. I may come back to it later but I am already hooked on The Witcher 3. Will definitely be getting all the trophies from the base game and the dlc for this one.

You may want to look up the Gwent card location guide early, there are a few places you can miss cards if you trigger story missions and specific side missions without having played with certain characters.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    Sirialis wrote: »

You may want to look up the Gwent card location guide early, there are a few places you can miss cards if you trigger story missions and specific side missions without having played with certain characters.

I did and they have actually made the cards much more available in later patches. For instance if you miss the first card in white orchard from the guy who teaches you the game, it will appear next to the first signpost you load into at Velen. If you don't play the bloody baron and he becomes unable to play, his card is found in his room. I think they did not ever mean to lock people out of the trophy, they just assumed people would stay on top of it.

• Options
    Got all the achievements in Battle Chasers Nightwar after finishing my NG+ run, a fun little RPG arcade game that I probably enjoyed more than FFXV.

• Options
    Sirialis wrote: »
    Got all the achievements in Battle Chasers Nightwar after finishing my NG+ run, a fun little RPG arcade game that I probably enjoyed more than FFXV.

I want to go back and do this, but the slow speed of the combat made me drop the game after getting a good way through. I like every other part of the game, even the way combat plays out, just suuuch a slog.

• Options
    edited May 2018
    I think the Xbox X runs it a little faster if nothing else.

The X Enhancement treatment it got not long ago didnt hurt it either.

But yeah, the combat could get a little grating at times if played consecutively for too long, also the fact that your unused party members didnt level up with the main team was pretty dumb.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    I'm playing through Mad Max, as it was this month's freebie on PSPlus. I ran into a bug that stops progress from being counted towards a particular objective, and that one bug prohibits me from reaching at least six different trophies.

Fuckin' Ubisoft collect-a-thons, man.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    Bursar wrote: »
    I'm playing through Mad Max, as it was this month's freebie on PSPlus. I ran into a bug that stops progress from being counted towards a particular objective, and that one bug prohibits me from reaching at least six different trophies.

Mad Max was developed by Avalanche (Just Cause devs) and published by WB.

• Options

I think that "ubisoft collect-a-thon" is a catch-all phrase, not a "ubisoft made this game."

Curious about that bug though, hadn't heard that before. Mad Max was a pretty fun completion.

• Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular

I think that "ubisoft collect-a-thon" is a catch-all phrase, not a "ubisoft made this game."

Curious about that bug though, hadn't heard that before. Mad Max was a pretty fun completion.
    Yeah yeah, I know. I hadn’t heard of any bugs in the collection stuff either.

• Options

I had a friend get the platinum without any issues. Planning on doing it myself actually. Might look into a nightly backup now.

• Options

I had a friend get the platinum without any issues. Planning on doing it myself actually. Might look into a nightly backup now.

Make a save before attacking camps. The problem is that an oil well got blown up without counting towards the objective, then the autosave kicked in.
    This prevents the camp from being completed, which prevents me from being able to clear all the camps in that region, which prevents me from unlocking all the engine parts, which prevents me from building all the cars, which blocks multiple trophies involving using all the cars. And the platinum, of course.

GNU Terry Pratchett
  • Options

Make a save before attacking camps. The problem is that an oil well got blown up without counting towards the objective, then the autosave kicked in.
    This prevents the camp from being completed, which prevents me from being able to clear all the camps in that region, which prevents me from unlocking all the engine parts, which prevents me from building all the cars, which blocks multiple trophies involving using all the cars. And the platinum, of course.

That is a hell of a bug. Appreciate the heads up.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    If you're not staggering saves, you're doing it wrong!

Some games just ship with gamebreakers that either weren't seen during testing or are so obscure they figure so few will encounter it it hardly warrants the resources to fix.

• Options
    Did Mad Max allow manual saves? I don't remember it's been years.

• Options

Some games just ship with gamebreakers that either weren't seen during testing or are so obscure they figure so few will encounter it it hardly warrants the resources to fix.
    To be fair, most of these open world games just lock you into your save slot, and then autosave whenever any single thing changes. Then you have to rely upon manual backups to USB or hope that you have a good cloud save to pull down immediately before it gets uploaded.

• Options

To be fair, most of these open world games just lock you into your save slot, and then autosave whenever any single thing changes. Then you have to rely upon manual backups to USB or hope that you have a good cloud save to pull down immediately before it gets uploaded.

Then they're also doing it wrong.

• Options
    Did Mad Max allow manual saves? I don't remember it's been years.

No, but you can select an autosave slot. On console, at least.

GNU Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    In all fairness very few developers really put that much thought into their trophies. I think that since they have had a decade plus of experience with them, if they cared it would show. They are usually either acquire all the things or complete all the objectives flavored to the individual game. Plus I know that in Japan especially developers see them as a way to keep games from being dumped back into the second hand market quite as fast, which is why those developers are the ones with the most egregious grinds.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    So on Xbox, what's an easy achievement to get for 2 or 7 points? My GS currently ends with an 8, and I don't think I like it.

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    I know Ridge Racer 5 has five 7pt achievements. I think they're multiplayer achievements but forget what they involve.

EDIT:
    Also, I believe you can sort all achievements at TA to find specific values.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    In all fairness very few developers really put that much thought into their trophies. I think that since they have had a decade plus of experience with them, if they cared it would show. They are usually either acquire all the things or complete all the objectives flavored to the individual game. Plus I know that in Japan especially developers see them as a way to keep games from being dumped back into the second hand market quite as fast, which is why those developers are the ones with the most egregious grinds.

Eh, this seems more like an opinion than a fact. o_o

• Options
    So, what is the fact?

• Options
    I swear I read an article somewhere about Japanese developers trying everything they can to stop games from being completed so quickly, but now I can't find it. I may in fact have made it up! I still stand by the fact that a lot of game developers do not put much effort into their trophies. The ones that do stand out but are few and far between in my experience.

• Options
    Stopping games from being completed quickly is a bit different from stopping games from being dumped back into the second hand market. :P

Japanese games, jRPGs in particular have always been grindy though. And even before meta-achievements, some games had challenges or requirements baked into their systems that were fairly tedious, along with easily missed secret content and the like.

But yes, I do agree that some devs don't try with their lists, while others embrace the meta and plan them out accordingly.

• Options
    No, I read something about Japanese devs doing things to prevent their games from flooding the second hand market too quickly. It was where much of the grindy bullshit gets implemented. Seemingly the Japanese are rather obsessive with seeing everything in their games.

This translated to achievements when the 360 showed up. Over the last decade plus, devs all over the place have gotten better about making achievements more creative rather than the grind X hours for minor geegaw variety. But there are still the beat level X ones and other largely bland ones you get just from playing the game. Collect-a-thons will always be popular targets and even the one that can only be unlocked by playing the game more than once.

That's why it's up to the player to decide just how far they'll go to unlock whatever thing that is there.

That doesn't make Win 100 Ranked Online Matches In A Row any better...

• Options
    No, I read something about Japanese devs doing things to prevent their games from flooding the second hand market too quickly. It was where much of the grindy bullshit gets implemented. Seemingly the Japanese are rather obsessive with seeing everything in their games.

This translated to achievements when the 360 showed up. Over the last decade plus, devs all over the place have gotten better about making achievements more creative rather than the grind X hours for minor geegaw variety. But there are still the beat level X ones and other largely bland ones you get just from playing the game. Collect-a-thons will always be popular targets and even the one that can only be unlocked by playing the game more than once.

That's why it's up to the player to decide just how far they'll go to unlock whatever thing that is there.

That doesn't make Win 100 Ranked Online Matches In A Row any better...

OK I am glad I did not just hallucinate an article slandering the Japanese game developers.

• Options
    And I just got my platinum in Dark Souls remastered edition. Took me 38 hours of fun and excitement. I can't believe I did not get a platinum for 2 months but then I am unable to do the multiplayer for Dying Light, and I am determined to wait for the higher crown chance events for monster hunter. Those two ate up all of April and about half of May. Then I switched to Witcher 3 but paused to finish dark souls. Now back to the witcher. Should get the platinum in the next week or two and the dlc trophies soon after.

• Options
    I'm working on DS remastered as well. Halfway through my NG+ run right now.

• Options
    I'm working on DS remastered as well. Halfway through my NG+ run right now.

I fucked up and forgot to get the white and blue titanite slabs in my first run through so I had to do way more in NG++ then I wanted.

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Got all of the trophies for Armikrog last night....that was definitely not as fun as I thought it would be.

Nowhere near as good as Neverhood was. :?

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    Earned the platinum in Witcher 3 a few nights ago. That is a really damn good game. I also finished up the Hearts of Stone dlc and am working on blood and wine now. Going to try and alternate between finishing a new game, then finishing one already in my trophy list. Going to finish up witcher 3,then maybe finish up monster hunter. Definitely going to save scum for that one because fuck a 600 hour RNG grind. Doing the Surge after that even though it is a recent purchase. I am a sucker for dark souls and Sci-fi so I really want to get to it.

• Options
    edited July 2018
    So, today I broke rank 100 in Gigantic in one of the worst games I've played in it. But the match also seemed fitting. Three of my team members dropped out midmatch, and the bonus XP from not quitting a 2 v 5 is what put me over.

I failed twice to get a penta (once died pre quad off a whiffed burst, and the second time the enemy team fucking ran behind cover so I couldn't kill them). Despite us being down to 2 people, we stopped them from wounding multiple times and got 80-90 power a run.

Victory in defeat... or something. But now I have 30 days to get a penta kill.

tastydonuts on