As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] Crimson Days: Take Another Little Piece of my Heart Emote, Baybeh

GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles PaesanoRegistered User regular
edited February 2018 in Games and Technology
What makes a Guardian… a Guardian? We take our first breath with no memory of who we were before – yet we are inexorably drawn to the Light. We fight, we die… and we live again. We know that we were chosen for a reason by something greater than ourselves. For as deep and wide as humanity’s rivers have run, it has now been reduced to a precious few, needing something to believe in… and a place to call home. This is what we have been called to – the future that we fight for. The future we will protect.

Shaped by the fires of each new battle, we are forged and sharpened into what we must become for the fight ahead.

What we have built is only the beginning – a symbol of what we can achieve, of who we are and our great purpose here. But the day may come when we will be tested. When all we hold dear is threatened. And then, we will see what each of us is truly made of.

vb63c58xrd5a.png

Destiny 2: Penny Arcade G&T Saves the Universe and Everything in It, No, Seriously, I Know It Looks like We’re Losing but Everything Is Under Control, We Promise is an online multiplayer action role-playing sci-fi-fantasy first-person shooter for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC and the second title in Bungie and Activision’s ten-year, zillion-dollar Destiny franchise. It’s MMO-like – think gear collection (and dress-up), skill trees and specs, party play, raiding, and PvP – with rock-solid gunplay and wondrous, gorgeous worlds to explore. Beyond all of that, it’s also home to the best damn community in gaming: Pax Arcadia, our systems-spanning network of clans.

A Little History: Our Story So Far
In Year One of Destiny, the Wise and Noble Guardians of PA traveled through space and time in defense of Human, Awoken, and Exo, rising to meet every challenge and ultimately emerging from a year's worth of adventures bearing the spoils of war and the bounty of exotic weapons, sturdy and stylish armor, fortune, and fame. Through our bravery and dedication, we defended The Tower from all who would see it leveled to the ground. Our legend reached the farthest battlefields of the Crucible. We earned the favor of the Queen and protected her Reef from enemies seeking to tear it apart.

At times, our successes seemed inevitable, almost routine. We traveled backward and forward through time; we crushed our foes underfoot in encounter after encounter; we destroyed the heart of a god - more than once. We plumbed the depths of the Dark Below, face-to-hideous-face with Crota, Hive Prince and Son of Oryx. In time, he fell like the rest. We took his wretched, cursed husk and held it aloft as a trophy.

In Year Two, we braved the Dreadnaught, a terrifying frontier, and we beat back the Taken, a twisted menace. We competed against our fellow Guardians in brutal bloodsport, sharpening ourselves into efficient, highly coordinated soldiers of the Light. We returned to the Prison of Elders and tore through its denizens, leaving our mark on its every arena. We remained relentless, undeterred, in the face of overwhelming odds, and together we struck down Oryx, the Taken King. He refused to tolerate our insolence; we refused to tolerate his existence.

In Year Three, Fallen mutants, scavenging the tombs of the Golden Age, unleashed a plague of unimaginable corruption on our world. Grotesque new foes bore down upon the walls of the Last City, challenging us to adapt or perish. Lord Saladin called us to take up the mantle of the Iron Lords, and we obliged. We honored their legacy by rediscovering their history and celebrating a noble, long-buried tradition.

Now, as we enter a new era, our greatest-ever threat emerges from the Darkness to meet us: Dominus Ghaul, leader of the Cabal’s Red Legion. Ghaul believes that the Traveler erred in bestowing the Light upon us; as we begin our journey in Destiny 2, he and his forces will assail the Tower, corrupt the Traveler, and scatter us to the wilds, beyond the relative safety of our city’s walls. For the first time ever, we will enter a world without Light.

But we will enter it together, Guardians. And it will not be dark for long.

szuuy5gycpri.png

Clan Update (Sept. 9, 2017): Bungie's new clan portals have rolled out, and we have three separate clan pages (complete with general chat wall and LFG channels!) for PlayStation, Xbox and PC Arcadians. To join up on your specific platform, please PM @GMaster7 (PS4), @ObiFett (Xbox) or @SniperGuy (PC) and let us know your PSN/Xbox/Battle.net ID and your Bungie.net ID - and add yourself to the bottom of the Mega-Roster (linked below) for your platform of choice (on PS4, add yourself to the bottom of the blue-labeled Waitlist section). Then, use the below links to send a join request to your platform's clan on Bungie.net. Note that clans will be a bit more of a walled garden in D2 - because the 100-member cap will remain, we're looking for players who will be active in-game and here in the thread. General policy has been to boot for inactivity after a few months, but our plan is to be a bit more aggressive with inactivity checks in D2. (Note that the PS4 clan is full-up at 100 as of this writing. We will use this excellent tool developed by our very own Muffinatron (Holy-Promethium) to conduct regular inactivity checks - for now, we're eyeing a thirty-day inactivity cap.)
Pax Arcadia Mega-Roster Spreadsheet
Pax Arcadia (PS4)
Pax Arcadia Prime (Xbox One)
Pax-Arcadia (PC)

PC Arcadians: We also have a clan channel within the PA Discord server!

PS4 Overflow Clans
On PS4, Pax Arcadia's waitlist has been growing pretty steadily since launch. If you're on that list and are looking to escape from no-clan purgatory and reap some weekly clan rewards, might I suggest joining either our overflow clan or the SE++ subforum's clan? There's a lot of overlap between PA and these other clans, and if you're on the waitlist, I'll still let you know if your spot comes up.
Pax Chardcadia (PS4 Overflow)
SE++ Clan

Find teammates with The100.io!
If you're looking for teammates for any activity in D1 or D2, check out PA's console-specific groups on The100.io, right here:
Pax Arcadia - PS4
Pax Arcadia - Xbox One

Useful Links and Utilities
We will use this space to compile links to miscellaneous sites and tools as we prepare for and dive into the launch of D2. Please feel free to PM or @ me in the thread at any time if you would like to contribute a useful resource or utility to the OP.
Destiny Item Manager: Move items between characters and keep track of your gear and inventory.
DestinyTracker: Track your stats, plus leaderboards, activity listings, and vendors.
DestinyDB: Item lists and tons of info.

mfua5ptrphdo.png

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
GMaster7 on

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    I need an explanation to this thread title.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Aw man I was just getting started with my fanfiction

Bungie hire me

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Vagabond wrote: »
    What would free up tons of mod room would be to make them removable from weapons/ships. That way I can store everything on the stuff itself and pull it off when I need it.

The stupid thing is that armor mods are, in large part, just the bonuses we had on D1 armor.

If I'm able to put any of 5-6 different mods on chest armor, just give me a rotating slot (like one that looks like a slot machine spinner) with all the mod possibilities on it and charge me glimmer to apply them. Then remove mods entirely as an inventory based item. The current implementation is just a stupid way for them to pad the rewards system.

Khraul on
    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Half of my vault is mods, shaders, and transmat effects

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    My vault is like 80% weapons and armour and it's still overfull.

• Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Sirialis wrote: »

Wikipedia'd "Christmas Carols," saw Down In Yon Forest, thought, "Hm, I've never heard of that one," went from there.

Edit: I reference hyper-popular bubble gum trash/magnificence like Call Me Maybe and get audible groans. I reference hyper-obscure seasonal hymns like Down In Yon Forest and get audible Tim Allen gruntfusion. WHAT DO YOU PEOPLE WANT?!

Now I know how Bungie feels

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    GMaster7 wrote: »

Wikipedia'd "Christmas Carols," saw Down In Yon Forest, thought, "Hm, I've never heard of that one," went from there.

Edit: I reference hyper-popular bubble gum trash/magnificence like Call Me Maybe and get audible groans. I reference hyper-obscure seasonal hymns like Down In Yon Forest and get audible Tim Allen gruntfusion. WHAT DO YOU PEOPLE WANT?!

[Destiny 2] Curse of Osiris: At least the title isn't behind the Eververse

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular

Memes

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Khraul wrote: »

[Destiny 2] Curse of Osiris: At least the title isn't behind the Eververse

R. Kelley's hit single "Trapped in the Illuminated Engram"?

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Took a little Destiny break, but plan to be back in soon with my vacation coming up. I was active on the PC just a week or so ago, do I need to contact the PC clan person to keep my slot, or will my lack of long inactivity be enough?

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    CoO: Hot Osiris on Mercury action

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    So this comic any good?

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    So this comic any good?

Opinions may vary, but as a comic fan and a Destiny lore fan, it doesn't scratch either itch for me.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    whispers: ryan north isn't good at writing anything besides dinosaur comics

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
  • Options
    From last thread on Masterwork stuff:
    https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/240613535?page=0&sort=0&showBanned=0&path=1

Relevant for right now:
    Auto Rifle
    +5 Range
    +10 Magazine
    +10 Reload
    +10 Handling

Fusion Rifle
    +5 Stability
    +10 Reload
    +10 Handling

Grenade Launcher
    +5 Stability
    +10 Reload
    +10 Handling
    +5 Blast Radius

Hand Cannon
    +5 Stability
    +10 Magazine
    +10 Reload
    +10 Handling

Pulse Rifle
    +5 Range
    +10 Magazine
    +10 Reload
    +10 Handling

Rocket Launcher
    +10 Reload
    +10 Handling
    +5 Projectile Speed
    +5 Blast Radius

Scout Rifle
    +5 Range
    +10 Magazine
    +10 Reload
    +10 Handling

Shotgun
    +5 Stability
    +10 Reload
    +10 Handling

Sidearm
    +5 Stability
    +10 Magazine
    +10 Reload
    +10 Handling

Sniper Rifle
    +5 Range
    +10 Reload
    +10 Handling

SMG
    +5 Range
    +10 Magazine
    +10 Reload
    +10 Handling

Sword
    +10 Magazine
    +5 Impact

• Options
    Also, 2 somethings I meant to mention today but completely forgot.

1) I don't know if everyone knows this, I just learned it last week, but if you Rally the Flag on upcoming public events, you don't just get the timer. It actually refills all your ammo and ability and super power. You don't even have to do the public event after that.

2) Some info about damage vs power level that someone on reddit put together:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/7jwool/preliminary_analysis_the_effect_of_power_level_on/
    A useful summary of what appears to be true:
    TL;DR: Increasing weapon power level above 300 increases damage output for that weapon in the normal raid. Increasing weapon power level over 300 does not increase damage output in the prestige raid. Enemies have approximately 1.5x more health in prestige. A 323 PL Call to Serve will take about 1/7 the health of a yellow-bar legionary on normal, and only 1/14 its health on prestige

To clarify the important bits of the above:
    - An average overall power level below the recommended power level of an activity will cause you to do less damage
    - An average overall power level above the recommended power level of an activity will not cause you to do more damage
    - However, if your weapon's power level is above the recommended power level of an activity, that weapon will do more damage up to +20 over the recommended power level
    - The above is not true in the Prestige raid, where you can't do extra damage for being over it's level. Probably true in other prestige activities too.

This actually explains a bunch of things in the game, both what Bungie has done and how encounters have felt for me. But the takeaway is to make sure your weapons are nice and high level when doing the Raid.

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    So Prestige will forever be tedious as fuck?

• Options
    shryke wrote: »
    *snip*

I guess I can stop rerolling my halfdan to get stability...

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
  • Options
    metaghost wrote: »
    So Prestige will forever be tedious as fuck?

Yup. Prestige is locked in at a specific difficulty level and will always be.

This is probably a big reason why they didn't mind moving it back down to lvl 300, but kept the normal-mode raid where it is.

• Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    edited December 2017
    fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Is there a great site that lists the best builds? Trying to see what's worth buying on Xur, but not sure what builds I should be working to.

(Or should I just buy everything I can?)

TheBlackWind on
    PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    Is there a great site that lists the best builds? Trying to see what's worth buying on Xur, but not sure what builds I should be working to.

Once you have an exotic, you have it forever, and he sells an item now that gives you a guaranteed exotic you don’t already own. So it’s more economical to definitely buy whatever exotics he sells for any classes you have to fill it your collection.

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular

Gotta catch 'em all!

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    cursedking wrote: »

Once you have an exotic, you have it forever, and he sells an item now that gives you a guaranteed exotic you don’t already own. So it’s more economical to definitely buy whatever exotics he sells for any classes you have to fill it your collection.

Cool, I just bought them all to keep as options.

Any resources for builds, or just build around whatever exotics drop?

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular

They have stated intentions to buff exotics across the board, so you should probably pick every item you dont have up, you should (at least eventually) have more than enough shards to do so.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    skyknyt wrote: »
    whispers: ryan north isn't good at writing anything besides dinosaur comics

Actually, Unbeatable Squirrel Girl owns and the Osiris comic is good, y'all are nuts.

• Options
    HyperionHyperion Registered User regular
    Hey if I do a milestone but don't pick up my engram before the Tuesday reset, what happens? Does the vendor just hang onto the engram for me? Do I need to pick it up to reset their milestone, or can I just keep doing them and then pick up like, three engrams after three weeks?

XBL: Jhnny Cash PSN: Jhnny_Cash Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/hypephb 3DS: 0619-4582-9630 Nintendo Network ID: DBrickashaw
    You might know me as D'Brickashaw on Steam.
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Making a the100 lobby for the Nightfall, 8pm EST.
    https://www.the100.io/gaming_sessions/1103704

cB557 on
  • Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    Hyperion wrote: »
    Hey if I do a milestone but don't pick up my engram before the Tuesday reset, what happens? Does the vendor just hang onto the engram for me? Do I need to pick it up to reset their milestone, or can I just keep doing them and then pick up like, three engrams after three weeks?

It auto-decrypts and goes to your postmaster. Why would you want to wait to pick it up though?

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    I've had before where I finished a Crucible match, got the Milestone, and just went to bed too tired to go to the tower, and just didn't get back on until after reset

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    Do the verses reset each week? Or do you keep the ones in your inventory?

Tycho wrote:
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

oh god if i lose the one where i just need two more drops from a heroic strike and have to start it over i am going to burn everything i see

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »

oh god if i lose the one where i just need two more drops from a heroic strike and have to start it over i am going to burn everything i see

I have had verse 1 in my inventory since before last reset. I think you are ok.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »

great now how do i get gasoline out of all these rags

• Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular

The quickest way is to burn it off

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    Hermano wrote: »

good point

what else can i be enraged about

• Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular

good point

That burning sensation?

• Options

good point

That burning sensation?

i dunno it was worth eating all that curry so should i really be outraged

• Options
    HyperionHyperion Registered User regular
    Vagabond wrote: »
    Hyperion wrote: »

It auto-decrypts and goes to your postmaster. Why would you want to wait to pick it up though?

Ehh, I was in a hurry last night and didn’t have much time to play, but was at 90% clan XP so I just hopped on for a minute to finish it out. Didn’t feel like going to pick up my stuff when I was done tho. Thanks for the info!

XBL: Jhnny Cash PSN: Jhnny_Cash Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/hypephb 3DS: 0619-4582-9630 Nintendo Network ID: DBrickashaw
    You might know me as D'Brickashaw on Steam.
  • Options

good point

Give it a few hours to see if the Dawning breaks anything

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg