As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Camp Comic] Thursday, December 21, 2017 - Party Down

2»

• T700T700 Registered User new member
    This seems like an awfully...final strip and no new ones for quite some time. Please don't let my favorite webcomic have ended.

(If just a holiday break, sorry for my worry and enjoy it!)

• Hawk1966Hawk1966 Leiche Central FloridaRegistered User regular
    No news is good news? Maybe?

• MarcinMNMarcinMN Registered User regular
    I doubt they would leave us hanging. I think it's a combination of holidays and them having real life stuff going on. (From what I've seen on Twitter.)

"It's just as I've always said. We are being digested by an amoral universe."

-Tycho Brahe
  • briguybriguy Registered User regular
    T700 wrote: »
    This seems like an awfully...final strip and no new ones for quite some time. Please don't let my favorite webcomic have ended.

(If just a holiday break, sorry for my worry and enjoy it!)

They just took a holiday breather.

Since it was on Katie’s twitter, for those that don’t know, in addition to the comic and their regular jobs and freelance jobs, for the past three years or so they had been working on pitching the comic to an animation studio. Unfortunately, right before Christmas, they found at the studio wasn’t going ahead with it. They actually have a ~4 minute short, fully animated and voiced, that’s owned by the studio. They don’t own it, so they can’t release it, but the studio might at some point if they decide to (they have zero say or pull over it, it’s completely up to the studio, because they own it). There was obviously a lot of work just to get to that point and even more work preparing for the possibility of it being picked up for a full series.

On the positive side, it being picked up would have meant the comic would had to come to a close. Since it’s not happening at this time, this means the comic can continue and they can explore the characters and their story longer.

I’m just going by her twitter to hopefully give some insight on why they taken a slight break over the holidays. Katie or Adam can correct me or provide further info if they want.

• KatieJRiceKatieJRice Registered User regular
    briguy wrote: »
    I’m just going by her twitter to hopefully give some insight on why they taken a slight break over the holidays. Katie or Adam can correct me or provide further info if they want.

Thanks for helping out to keep everyone updated, Briguy! And yep, it's just been a combination of work (I just started a new job) and holidays that's caused the hiccup. The next update is roughed out, I just need to find a good chunk of time to sit down and finish it. Shouldn't be too long before it's up. Adam and I are endlessly grateful for your guys' patience!

• loocheeloochee Registered User new member
    You guys shoudl totally send it to Alex Hirsch somehow. Not exactly sure how that would be possible but the thought of a camp cartoon show got me thinking it would fill the Gravity Falls shaped hole in many, many people's hearts.

loochee wrote: »
    You guys shoudl totally send it to Alex Hirsch somehow. Not exactly sure how that would be possible but the thought of a camp cartoon show got me thinking it would fill the Gravity Falls shaped hole in many, many people's hearts.

IIRC he’s working on a new animation show for Fox.

Just because he happened to write my favorite blurb on the back of the Camp W book, Pendleton Ward pitched Adventure Time to Nickelodeon first and even had a short made years before Cartoon Network picked it up to series. Just because one studio passed doesn’t mean it might not happen in the future if they continue to want it to.

Mainly, I just wanted to let people know, because I think Katie and Adam should know that they still have a huge group of fans that support them, enjoy their work, and understand they’re people who need breaks and we want them to do what’s best for them first.