Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

It's a Comics Christmas!

BlankzillaBlankzilla KOOKABUNGA LIVESRegistered User regular
What are all of the comics publishers giving you for Christmas this year?

Dark Horse has a brand new Hellboy one-shot where he throws down with Krampus himself!
HBYKRMPFCFNL_084043.jpg

DC has a super-sized Holiday Special featuring every one from The Flash to Sgt. Rock to John Constantine!
DCHSP17_Cv1.jpg

Image has a Curse Words Holiday Special, featuring everyone's favorite evil wizards!
CW_HS_CVR_A.jpg

And Marvel has the warmth of the trash fire that is their frantic attempt to spin cancelling all of their LGBTQ and most of their minority written and led solo titles

Happy Holidays everybody!

All Along The Watchtower: A DCAU Podcast.

HEY! I sell the digital codes from my comics every week! 1.75 a pop! PM me if you wanna know what's available!
FencingsaxMagellArmorocDizzy D

• ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    With DC's holiday sale on Comixology, I bought 4 trades of Tom King's Batman (solely on the praise it's been getting here) and I am. loving. it.

I may have to look at what else I've been missing out on at DC since Marvel's being a flaming bag of poop right now.

PSN/Steam - Elderlycrawfish
    Fencingsax
  • BlankzillaBlankzilla KOOKABUNGA LIVES Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    With DC's holiday sale on Comixology, I bought 4 trades of Tom King's Batman (solely on the praise it's been getting here) and I am. loving. it.

I may have to look at what else I've been missing out on at DC since Marvel's being a flaming bag of poop right now.
    My Rebirth favs are
    Detective Comics - Bat-Family team book
    Superman - Superman Family Adventures
    Deathstroke - Dark, complex intrigue with mercenaries
    Aquaman - Political intrigue/fantasy action
    Batwoman - Globe trotting crime fighting
    Justice League of America - Fun, simple superheroic team action
    Nightwing - Fun, humorous street level superheroics

Blankzilla on

HEY! I sell the digital codes from my comics every week! 1.75 a pop! PM me if you wanna know what's available!
    TexiKen
  • Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i'm very upset the holiday forum is preventing me from doing my very clever joke

6jomko.png
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I am so happy that DC is just doing a bunch of different stuff.

torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • TexiKenTexiKen he's got a f*****g knife in his hand...in his mouth Registered User regular
    Super Sons is the best current comic. Everyone need to buy it. Jorge Jiminez is the next Olivier Coipel. And the annual that just came about was Krypto rounding up the Super-Pets (Bat-Cow, Streaky, Titus, and Flexi the Plastic Bird) to stop an alien from kidnapping pets, and they had Detective Chimp show up and play it straight like it's a super-team that has existed forever but tragedy struck the team when a teammate died.

Superman is the second best book because Tomasi writes a solid happy family that is refreshing these days. Also pie:

zFD1TDM.jpg

I binged Deathstroke a few months back and is now at the top of my list, Priest writes the character well without shitting on other heroes when they show up, like Superman did. There's just a solid anti-hero story here without trying to be too cool for school like in the Nu52.

And I read Marvel Two-In-One #1 this week since with USAvengers done I have no Marvel books on my list, and it was.....eh. Cheung's already got two inkers on the fist issue so that's a delay or fill-in coming up soon, and it just reads like it's ignoring everything that has happened since Secret War regarding Ben and Johnny. And I don't know if this is the way Doom is written these days but he seems like he's mentally unbalanced, or Zdarsky is still trying to make the old common schtick of Doom talking so boisterous even though the current character arc doesn't necessitate it. It's just such a waste of pretty art. It was also kind of a dick move for Reed and Sue to send Johnny and Ben back to Earth after Secret War without telling them everyone's ok out in space. When you're basically gods, why don't you send your family a little message, right fam?

It also had a shitty Greg Land three page origin of the FF in the back which gives this amazing art:

fJXch9Q.jpg

he can't even trace right anymore.

JVTxBEn.jpg
  • never dienever die Registered User regular
    On a positive note for Marvel, Ms.Marvel continues to be the best book out there for Marvel. Issue #25 was a lot of fun and sweet at the same time.
    Kamala's friends are both worried that Kamala is gone, and that there is no Ms. Marvel protecting New Jersey, so they have made the decision to continually try and reach out to her, while also taking up the mantle of Ms. Marvel to protect Jersey. We get to see both Mike and Zoe as Ms. Marvel and its delightful. It is also incredibly sweet as it is just a group of friends concerned about their other friend disappearing and wanting to fill the gap left by them (though they somehow haven't put two and two together yet for Kamala and Ms. Marvel).

The issue and story-arc is kind of a fun idea as well, as it is tackling the Marvel Legacy branding not by going through a greatest hits retelling or just redoing story arcs (though to be fair the book is only a couple of years old) but is instead looking at the in-story legacy of Ms. Marvel and Kamala, and how she has affected her friends, family, and city. What does it mean to have a Ms. Marvel, how do people respond to it, and what does that look like? Its a great idea to play with for the whole line, and is built up really well from the previous story arcs, which did deal with the more negative reflections of that (with Secret Empire). G. Willow Wilson seems to have a knack for working her stories in really well with the absurd events going on around her book.

• Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    “Batman doesn’t eat pie.”

Poor Selina.

Magellnever dieZonugalDysRorshach KringleSirEtchwartsArmorocRMS OceanicSorceCorporateLogoSnicketysnickDex Dynamoshoeboxjeddy
  • ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    “Batman doesn’t eat pie.”

Poor Selina.

More pie for her then, I'm not seeing the problem.

PSN/Steam - Elderlycrawfish
  • KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    We all know what Batman eats:

Jimothy
  • DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    It also had a shitty Greg Land three page origin of the FF in the back which gives this amazing art:

fJXch9Q.jpg

he can't even trace right anymore.

Holy shit that Superman -> Thing trace.

And what might almost be a Liefeld Captain America -> Sue Richards trace.

• TairuTairu Registered User regular
    I'm gonna reread Grant Morrison's Klaus.

I was kinda luke-warm on it on my initial read but I think i'd like it now.

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Never do what your enemy expects you to do! Registered User regular
    So the ink on the Fox deal is barely dry and Marvel is already talking up how "Two-in-One" is really a Fantastic Four comic.

So the ink on the Fox deal is barely dry and Marvel is already talking up how "Two-in-One" is really a Fantastic Four comic.

I think the intention of it before the deal was even made was to prep for a Fantastic Four return, especially with what the Marvel Legacy one-shot had in it.

On other news, I've finally caught up with The Gifted:
    Ahhhhhh!!!! Its so good! Cuckoos being creepy ass Cuckoos! drama! Intense, not very subtle allegories!

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular

Man, they really want to be the EA (or atleast Activision) of comics

torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    Dr. Strange was pretty good this week, though I'm the old, because
    When he said he was more powerful than ever, I flashed back to the times where he was the avatar of Eternity or had merged with Arioch and Shuma-Gorath and thought... probably not.

The Wildstorm continues to be fascinating, while Michael Cray continues to be ... meh.

Dark Horse had an Empowered Xmas special.

X-Men Grand Design by "Hip Hop Family Tree"-creator Ed Piskor was great, but it's definitely the kind of thing you have to be into or not.

On European comics front I bought the new Valerian et Laureline done by a new creative team, but didn't get a chance to read it yet.

Steam/Origin: davydizzy
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »

Man, they really want to be the EA (or atleast Activision) of comics

I think they want to be the Marvel comics of movies

I play games on ps3 and ps4. My PSN is DouglasDanger.
    Kendrick Lamar had this in his latest video:
    kkpg7qndjqld.jpg
    Hellllll yes

ZonugalArmorocSirEtchwartsCrippl3The JudgeAngelHedgie
    Spoilers for Phoenix Resurrection #1 leaked
    Jean, Banshee and Cyclops are all back

Blankzilla wrote: »

Hmmm.....
    I have mixed feelings about cyclops being back. Are we just gonna get rid of time displace kids?

Also, I believe Banshee has technically been back since he became a horseman of apocalypse for the Apocalypse twins.

Unless you mean Theresa Cassidy.

never die wrote: »

Hmmm.....
    I have mixed feelings about cyclops being back. Are we just gonna get rid of time displace kids?

Also, I believe Banshee has technically been back since he became a horseman of apocalypse for the Apocalypse twins.

Nah, The dude Banshee

And the Apocalypse stuff was undone, I think?
    It's been a while since I read it but didn't Uncanny Avengers end with a re-write of a good chunk of that run? At the very least their status as Horsemen was ignored between Daken and Sentry's returns

Hmmm.....

Nah, The dude Banshee

It's been a while since I read it but didn't Uncanny Avengers end with a re-write of a good chunk of that run? At the very least their status as Horsemen was ignored between Daken and Sentry's returns
    That's fair, I dunno what all was undone.

Man, have we seen Terry since X-Factor ended?

Uncanny Avengers under Remender was basically immediately shunted into a sidestory universe (probably because there was a point where Hickman couldn't just gloss over what was going on, and his story was Marvel's main plot throughline), and he basically did nothing interesting with it.

torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt DON'T call me annie... unless you're my friendRegistered User regular
    a comics thing that I did, is, i asked for several comics for christmas. more on this story as it develops

Blankzilla
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular

Hmmm.....

Nah, The dude Banshee

Nah, it wasn't undone, but it seems like it's been canon that being a Horseman can just kind of wear off or something ever since Gambit was a Horseman for a hot minute and then got better offscreen.

• Martini_PhilosopherMartini_Philosopher Registered User regular
    I'd seen some outtakes from Batman #36 & 37 floating around. These are your must read issues if you have any desire to see Batman v Superman done right.

All opinions are my own and in no way reflect that of my employer.
    Fencingsax
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    hmm this seems like the right thread to say tha tI just finished Superman: Birthright, and it was completely fantastic.

The last two pages of the last issue are so good!

never die
    Birthright is definitely one of the best Superman stories and one of the best things Mark Waid has ever written

BlankzillaBionicPenguinDouglasDangershoeboxjeddy
    Birthright is my personal favorite Superman story

It's also a perfect one to give to people who don't know much about Superman

BionicPenguin
  • Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt DON'T call me annie... unless you're my friendRegistered User regular
    yeah as an intro to superman comics I loved birthright

Personally I'd have to say that All-Star Superman and Secret Identity are both better overall than Birthright

I think how much you like All-Star directly correlates with how much you like ridiculous Silver Age comics

Which, for me, shakes out to liking it well enough but think it isn't really my thing across the board

edited December 2017
    I think how much you like All-Star directly correlates with how much you like ridiculous Silver Age comics

Which, for me, shakes out to liking it well enough but think it isn't really my thing across the board

Some of All Star is some of the best Superman in comics, and other parts are eh. Very much like Morrison as a whole for me.

Secret Identity and Birthright are both Excellent Superman.

Fencingsax on
    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    The new Batman comic set in 60s Boston is very much in the vein of Birthright and the first issue is pretty great
    The theme is that Batman is born of trauma and had Bruce Wainwright been able to talk to anyone about his feelings he wouldn't have gone down that path.

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    idk I legit cried at the end of Birthright so

fking Superman is the best.

Armoroc
  • RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    My favorite Big Two comic ever made is Angela: Asgard's Assassin, with its two followups, 1602: Witch Hunter Angela and Angela: Queen of Hel

portrait_incredible.jpg,portrait_incredible.jpg, 4876818-01.jpg

I just made a big post in the LGBTQA thread about this because someone asked me about my sig, but I figured I'd blab about it in here.
    Asgard's Assassin is written by Kieron fuckin' Gillen, and is in several ways a followup to plot threads he dropped in his excellent and highly-esteemed Journey Into Mystery run. Angela is the long lost Daughter of Odin, but she's on the run from Asgard with her companion Sera, and a baby.

It's technically a spoiler, but Marvel did a shit job marketing the comic on this front, so I'll lay it out here: Angela and Sera are so fucking gay for each other and it's great. The Angela series is a space fantasy romance with a pair of lesbian space angels. Despite Angela's gold space bikini, it's also not exploitative at all.

The real trick to Asgard's Assassin is in the interstitials, where Marguerite Bennet writes stories of Angela's past narrated by Sera, and painted by notable comic cover artist Stephanie Hans. These gorgeous pieces of storytelling help the narrative stand apart and really sell the fantasy stylings they aim for, and Gillen/Bennet worked together to design the whole story arc and oh god it's just beautiful. 6 issues, one trade. Absolutely worth getting.

As the comic transitioned to 1602, Bennet took over the main story and Stephanie Hans did art for the entire four part mini series, except for the interstitials, which are done by Gillen and Bennet working together. and arted by a rotation of all-stars. 4 issues, one trade. This was technically a Secret Wars parallel universe, but it helps grow the story of Angela and Sera's relationship, which is absolutely the core of the series anyway.

Finally, Bennet took the reins completely for Angela: Queen of Hel, and oh boy I'm mad that we didn't get more of this, although it did make 7 issues before the cancellation dropped, and Marvel was kind enough to pick it up in one trade. This is the culmination of everything, it's great, wow, I love it. It ties the whole series together in expert style, puts a surprisingly clean ending on a fairly twisty story, and leaves all the toys in the box for the next writer to play with.

Then Bendis broke up Angela and Sera by having Sera disappear while Angela was out with the Guardians and if you think that makes sense then you have not read this series god fucking damn you Bendis.

Anyway read these goddamn books they're so goddamn good.

ArmorocCrippl3Devlin_DragonusDizzy DSorceSirEtchwartsSnicketysnickH3Knuckles
  • Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    Speaking of Gillen, I'm rereading a lot of his work right now as it's quiet at work for Christmas, and this remains the best page in comics:
    PfI58cR.jpg

Best panel in comics is of course from Brian Bolland's Judge Dredd

Completely unrelated, but I don't want to doublepost:
    Rereading DC's Masters of the Universe comic from a few years ago. I only picked it up because it had Sejic covers (sadly no internal art) and it was written by Dan Abnett (even though he only did the plot, not the scripts). I made the mistake of picking up one of the earlier trades and it was Geoff Johns being Geoff Johns all over the place, so nevermind that. As a kid in the 80s I grew up with the cartoon, the Marvel comics, the Panini comics and the mini-books that came with the toys, the series takes bits of them all and goes into interesting directions with it:
    Skeletor has disappeared during some kind of terrible DC crossover. Hordak has invaded Eternia and has conquered most of it including Castle Grayskull.
    The Sorceress is dead, but her daughter Teela has replaced her, now as a snake-themed Sorceress. The Snakemen worship Teela and have become Adam's army against Hordak, based at Snake Mountain. King Hiss, their former leader, is presumed death, but is a bodysnatching parasite who wears his victims skin in this version and has found a new host, waiting to take back control over his people.
    Then the final trade (Eternity War part 2) hits and it's kinda disappointing, because I was really liking the direction part 1 was taking and then it's full reverse from that (also no Sejic covers). They get around to a point at the ending (Abnett is one of those writers, who even when its not his best work, you at least get the point he was making unlike many of his colleagues) so it's not terrible, but it felt like a wasted opportunity.

Steam/Origin: davydizzy
    oh my goodness, I just found a listing for Jack Kirby's Fourth World vol. 2 on eBay for only $40!!!

never dieRainfallRorshach KringleGvzbgul
  • ArmorocArmoroc Registered User regular
    Holy moly! Dark Nights Metal #4!!!! Great stuff in there.

The end of the issue has some interviews and artwork for the New Age of Heroes that begins in January and the new characters and teams have (intentional?) similarities to Marvel characters.

Damage --> Hulk
    Ethan "Elvis" Avery just wanted to serve his country. Instead, he's been changed into a monster.

Tasked as the government's own living, breathing ticking time bomb, Ethan retains no control when the monster takes over. The beast is cheaper than a nuclear warhead and twice as effective, and Ethan fights to rein in the damage he unleashes when it springs free for one hour a day. With everyone around him in danger, Ethan struggles to contain the DAMAGE he inflicts on the DC universe.
    Tony S. Daniel
    Robert Venditti
    The Silencer --> Black Widow???
    She’s one of the DC Universe’s deadliest assassins… and you’ve never heard of her. Super-strong, highly trained, armed with devastating and stealthy metahuman abilities, the Silencer is virtually invincible. Or at least she was. After decades as Leviathan’s chief assassin, Honor Guest put in her time and managed to get out with her skin intact. Now she lives a normal life with a normal family in a normal house on a normal street. But the past has come back to haunt her in the form of her old employer and a deadly new mission...and Talia Al Ghul won’t take no for an answer.
    John Romita JR.
    Dan Abnett
    Sideways --> Spider-Man
    During the events of DARK NIGHTS: METAL, high school junior Derek James accidentally fell through a rift into the Dark Matter dimension! Now, as Sideways, he can create rifts in midair to leap through dimensions at will! But with that much power comes great liability—and tears are starting to form in the fabric of the space-time continuum…
    Kenneth Rocafort
    Dan DiDio
    Justin Jordan
    The Terrifics --> Fantastic Four!!!
    Bound together by fate, and united by the spirit of exploration and hope for tomorrow, the Terrifics are bound from the Dark Multiverse of Metal! When Mr. Terrific, Metamorpho, Plastic Man and Phantom Girl find themselves literally bound together by a tragic accident, our team of unlikely allies must rely on one another to make their way back home. But a startling revelation on their return trip brings them face to face with a new mystery: Where in the universe is Tom Strong?
    Ivan Reis
    Jeff Lemire
    The Immortal Men --> I don't know.... The Illuminati???
    There is a secret history to the DC Universe of heroes who have protected humanity from the shadows since the dawn of time… heroes who can live forever. Enter the Immortal Men! The team, headed by the Immortal Man, has waged a secret war against the House of Conquest for countless years—but Conquest has dealt a devastating blow. When their base of operations, known as the Campus, is savagely attacked, the Immortal Men must seek out their last hope—an emerging metahuman known as Caden Park! Caden’s emerging powers may be able to ensure the Immortal Men’s survival—but will Conquest get to him first?
    Jim Lee
    James Tynion IV
    The Curse of Brimstone --> Ghost Rider
    Joe Chamberlain is not just your average kid trying to get by in his chewed up and forgotten small town of York Hill—he also unknowingly made a deal with the devil that cursed him into BRIMSTONE! Now with the power of fire and destruction in the palms of his hands, Brimstone can turn his town around and seek revenge on the devil who cursed him—but in order to maintain his heroic form, Joe has to endure every second of the fiery pain burning from the inside out!
    Philip Tan
    Justin Jordan
    New Challengers --> I'm not sure.
    Characters live on borrowed time, running from death toward the greatest mysteries, wonders and terrors of the universe! It’s a new cast on a new mission with the history and greatness of the original Challengers of the Unknown. The story starts with Challengers Mountain returning after having been missing for years, and only gets wilder from there…
    Andy Kubert
    Scott Snyder
    The Unexpected --> Brain fart! Eh... I give up.
    THE UNEXPECTED orbits around a group of heroes who yearn to show the world that they’re more than the sum of their past mistakes. It centers in on something we all face every day, wrestling with our pasts and the compromises we’ve made. THE UNEXPECTED is offering a second chance for these heroes, even if they don’t all know they want one.
    Ryan Sook
    Steve Orlando

• Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular

i love the silver age, but i just couldn't dig into about 80% of all-star superman

that bizarro issue was maybe the single worst superman comic i've ever read?

6jomko.png
    Armoroc wrote: »
    Holy moly! Dark Nights Metal #4!!!! Great stuff in there.

The end of the issue has some interviews and artwork for the New Age of Heroes that begins in January and the new characters and teams have (intentional?) similarities to Marvel characters.

Damage --> Hulk
    Ethan "Elvis" Avery just wanted to serve his country. Instead, he's been changed into a monster.

Tasked as the government's own living, breathing ticking time bomb, Ethan retains no control when the monster takes over. The beast is cheaper than a nuclear warhead and twice as effective, and Ethan fights to rein in the damage he unleashes when it springs free for one hour a day. With everyone around him in danger, Ethan struggles to contain the DAMAGE he inflicts on the DC universe.
    Tony S. Daniel
    Robert Venditti
    The Silencer --> Black Widow???
    She’s one of the DC Universe’s deadliest assassins… and you’ve never heard of her. Super-strong, highly trained, armed with devastating and stealthy metahuman abilities, the Silencer is virtually invincible. Or at least she was. After decades as Leviathan’s chief assassin, Honor Guest put in her time and managed to get out with her skin intact. Now she lives a normal life with a normal family in a normal house on a normal street. But the past has come back to haunt her in the form of her old employer and a deadly new mission...and Talia Al Ghul won’t take no for an answer.
    John Romita JR.
    Dan Abnett
    Sideways --> Spider-Man
    During the events of DARK NIGHTS: METAL, high school junior Derek James accidentally fell through a rift into the Dark Matter dimension! Now, as Sideways, he can create rifts in midair to leap through dimensions at will! But with that much power comes great liability—and tears are starting to form in the fabric of the space-time continuum…
    Kenneth Rocafort
    Dan DiDio
    Justin Jordan
    The Terrifics --> Fantastic Four!!!
    Bound together by fate, and united by the spirit of exploration and hope for tomorrow, the Terrifics are bound from the Dark Multiverse of Metal! When Mr. Terrific, Metamorpho, Plastic Man and Phantom Girl find themselves literally bound together by a tragic accident, our team of unlikely allies must rely on one another to make their way back home. But a startling revelation on their return trip brings them face to face with a new mystery: Where in the universe is Tom Strong?
    Ivan Reis
    Jeff Lemire
    The Immortal Men --> I don't know.... The Illuminati???
    There is a secret history to the DC Universe of heroes who have protected humanity from the shadows since the dawn of time… heroes who can live forever. Enter the Immortal Men! The team, headed by the Immortal Man, has waged a secret war against the House of Conquest for countless years—but Conquest has dealt a devastating blow. When their base of operations, known as the Campus, is savagely attacked, the Immortal Men must seek out their last hope—an emerging metahuman known as Caden Park! Caden’s emerging powers may be able to ensure the Immortal Men’s survival—but will Conquest get to him first?
    Jim Lee
    James Tynion IV
    The Curse of Brimstone --> Ghost Rider
    Joe Chamberlain is not just your average kid trying to get by in his chewed up and forgotten small town of York Hill—he also unknowingly made a deal with the devil that cursed him into BRIMSTONE! Now with the power of fire and destruction in the palms of his hands, Brimstone can turn his town around and seek revenge on the devil who cursed him—but in order to maintain his heroic form, Joe has to endure every second of the fiery pain burning from the inside out!
    Philip Tan
    Justin Jordan
    New Challengers --> I'm not sure.
    Characters live on borrowed time, running from death toward the greatest mysteries, wonders and terrors of the universe! It’s a new cast on a new mission with the history and greatness of the original Challengers of the Unknown. The story starts with Challengers Mountain returning after having been missing for years, and only gets wilder from there…
    Andy Kubert
    Scott Snyder
    The Unexpected --> Brain fart! Eh... I give up.
    THE UNEXPECTED orbits around a group of heroes who yearn to show the world that they’re more than the sum of their past mistakes. It centers in on something we all face every day, wrestling with our pasts and the compromises we’ve made. THE UNEXPECTED is offering a second chance for these heroes, even if they don’t all know they want one.
    Ryan Sook
    Steve Orlando
    I think the only direct ones there is The Terrifics and Fantastic Four and Damage and Hulk. Lemire has been very blunt about Terrifics being an F4 homage and Damage is just really blatant and also boring

Sideways looks like Spidey but seems to be pretty different in terms of powers and the threats he's facing

Silencer is just a lady assassin, Black Widow doesn't have a monopoly on that

Brimstone is a demon and uses fire but that's about it

FencingsaxDouglasDanger
This discussion has been closed.