The other [BEER] Thread just... Disappeared...

Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
edited December 2017 in 2017 Holiday Hangout
I'm not sure where it went. It was here the other day and now it's gone!

I'm drinking an Odell rupture.

It is HOPFULL of delicious hoppy flavor.

HEY SATAN! HERE'S MY WISHLIST! GO NUTS YOU DEVIL!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/1JI9WWSRW1YJI
Raijin Quickfoot on
Elvenshae

• jmcdonaldjmcdonald I voted, did you? DC(ish)Registered User regular
    Stone IPA today. It's good, but you all knew that already.

shryke wrote: »
    ...Barack "charisma isn't a dump stat, nerds" Obama...
    3clipse
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    1mczfz00za3x.jpg

Love that Brett head

Capt HowdyDoodmann3clipseadmanb
  • MagellMagell Sphinx! Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    I had a Stones Arrogant Bastard and now a Deschutes Fresh Squeezed while I watch the Lions struggle.

Elvenshae
  • Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    Terrapin Wake 'n Bake for me tonight. Goes good with Santa's oatmeal butterscotch cookies.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy RESIST. ಠ_ಠRegistered User regular
    I'm not sure where it went. It was here the other day and now it's gone!

I'm drinking an Odell rupture.

It is HOPFULL of delicious hoppy flavor.

It went stale and flat. (The 2016 threads were swept up, but some lingered and were cleaned up later than others)

Odell is good stuff by the way. Great choice.

I went to the bar my cousin works at and got a free pour of Founders Canadian Breakfast Stout so that was pretty cool.

thatassemblyguyMr. ButtonsRaijin QuickfootElvenshaeDarkPrimusiTunesIsEvil
  • thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy RESIST. ಠ_ಠRegistered User regular
    Magell wrote: »
    I went to the bar my cousin works at and got a free pour of Founders Canadian Breakfast Stout so that was pretty cool.

Uhhhhhhhh, can I be friends with your cousin, please? CBS is magical.

Uhhhhhhhh, can I be friends with your cousin, please? CBS is magical.

It was partially my christmas present, plus i had to go back to work afterword. So it wasnt perfect, although the beer was.

thatassemblyguy
  • CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    I had a Stones Arrogant Bastard and now a Deschutes Fresh Squeezed while I watch the Lions struggle.

Stone is no longer producing Arrogant Bastard. They spun out a new company called Arrogant Bastard brewing that took all of their aggressively named beers and is buying Brew time at various breweries.

Tried a 120 minute IPA the other night, it was really as good as advertised. Although part of that goodness is me being amazed that they were able to achieve that smoothness while hitting the ABV.

Capt Howdy
  • DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist koyaanisqatsi Registered User regular
    Fat Tire is my beer tonight. I haven't had it in 15 years, not since I left St. Louis to move to Boston. Very nostalgic flavor.

Carpy wrote: »

Stone is no longer producing Arrogant Bastard. They spun out a new company called Arrogant Bastard brewing that took all of their aggressively named beers and is buying Brew time at various breweries.

Tried a 120 minute IPA the other night, it was really as good as advertised. Although part of that goodness is me being amazed that they were able to achieve that smoothness while hitting the ABV.

You still get the alcohol burn you expect from a 25% ABV , but they somehow mute it with actual beer flavor. Hands down an amazing beer experience. I always joke that Dragon's Milk is a sipping beer, but I never just sip it. 120 Minute IPA is the only beer I've ever been conscious of just sipping.

Carpy3clipseElvenshae
  • The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Dragon's Milk is definitely one of the more affordable, easy drinking, big ABV stouts out there. I was hyped when Bell's got a foot back in the OR distribution network.

Last pint: Strata Fresh Pale Ale / Bend Brewing
    Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
    Capt Howdydestroyah87Magell
  • SimpsoniaSimpsonia Registered User regular
    I went up to Minneapolis to visit the fiancee's family this year, and managed to hit some great breweries this year. Dangerous Man has an outstanding peanut butter porter, and a Laphroaig cask aged Russian Imperial Stout. Insight Brewing has a great Northeast style IPA in Terror Bear and Sunken City is a great Saison finished with some Sav Blanc grapes.

Ended up with $120 in beer to bring home, the one benefit of driving for the holidays.

The JudgeRaijin QuickfootCapt HowdyElvenshaeMagell
  • Mr. ButtonsMr. Buttons Registered User regular
    St bernardus Christmas ale while watching die hard... This is a good way to do Christmas Eve

The JudgeMagell
  • 3clipse3clipse I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Drinking Old Rasputin Imperial Stout as my Christmas Eve/Christmas morning beer. I'm not a huge stout guy but it's good!

The JudgeMr. ButtonsCapt Howdydestroyah87ElvenshaeMagell
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    The best part of Minnesota is our breweries.

SimpsoniaJebusUD
    Should have saved a Wake 'n Bake for this morning. Oy vey. Was up until 0230 putting my youngest's kitchen together.

• Giggles_FunsworthGiggles_Funsworth Blight on Discourse Bay Area SprawlRegistered User regular
    I found the most delightful brewery in San Diego the other day.

http://www.halfdoorbrewing.com

They don't do any distribution but they were doing some really creative stuff and the 9 beers I had were all top notch. Food menu was ridiculously good too. This has become a must visit for me when I'm down here.

DoodmannCapt HowdyInfidelElvenshaeThe Judge
  • LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    That place is great. I've only been there once while in town for con, but it's real good

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
    JebusUD
  • JedocJedoc Bringing the past to life so we can beat it to death with a shovelRegistered User regular
    On this, the day of our Lord Christ Jesus' birthday, I have so far drunk 240 minutes' worth of Dogfish Head IPA. It is good.

GDdCWMm.jpg
    DoodmannDouglasDangerCarpyRaijin QuickfootMr. ButtonsthatassemblyguyElvenshaeadmanbMagell
  • CormacCormac Registered User regular
    I brought some Sea Quench and Xocoveza to the family party, but ended up being the only one who liked Sea Quench. Drank a few, got a headache (copious water afterwards didn't help much), and the Xocoveza unfortunately went unopened. Primarily because we spent, no joke, 3 hours opening presents leaving desert and my plans to have the Xocoveza forgotten. There's always next year.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    We have a small barrel of Adnam's Christmas beer in the kitchen

Currently working through it

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus premium Registered User regular
    Had some Samuel Smith Organic Chocolate Stout last night.

It's just straightforward chocolate smoothness. I love the big, chewy stouts but it's nice to have one that's practically a session beer.

dt3GeqU.png
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
  • iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Registered User regular
    I love the labels on Central State's cans. I mean, the beer's better than the labels, but whoever they have do their artwork is knocking it out of the park.

q9vo6sN.png

Raijin QuickfootElvenshaeDarkPrimusDouglasDanger
    edited December 2017
    That is great art. Around here I'd say Indeed is my favorite.

cfxhnd7i1al5.jpg

Raijin Quickfoot on

• iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Registered User regular
    Oooh, those -are- cool. I really like the B-Side and Lucy designs, very nice.

Doesn't look like they've made it down here to IN yet, but are in a couple places in IL; I'll have to keep my eyes open in the future.

• admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    My girlfriend's sister's husband gave me bottles of the Pike Monk's Uncle Tripel and Sound's Tripel so I have some... powerful beers to drink. I also have a bottle of Fremont's B-Bomb from 2016 that I legit do not remember buying, but it's good and aged now!

Carpy wrote: »

I love IPAs, but I hated 120. It was like drinking straight gin.

edited December 2017
    To save this double post.

The bar I go to got a weird keg of Centennial which is way darker than normal. It tastes pretty similar just with a little more bitterness. It's very weird.

Magell on
  • JedocJedoc Bringing the past to life so we can beat it to death with a shovelRegistered User regular
    To be fair, I also don't have a huge problem with straight gin, in moderation.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    To be fair, I also don't have a huge problem with straight gin, in moderation.

I like a little vermouth in there

but not like

a lot

• AresProphetAresProphet I see a darkness in my fate I'll drive my car without the brakesRegistered User regular
    I bought some Stillwater Cellar Door because all of their beer is good. I love sage in beers.

I also bought some Ten Fidy because it's the best canned imperial stout you can get practically anywhere.

What you probably can't get anywhere is a tallboy of the bourbon barrel aged Ten Fidy. But I got one of those because Colorado beer privilege.

oh, gimme some time
    show me the foothold from which I can climb
    yeah, when I feel low
    you show me a signpost for where I should go
This discussion has been closed.