It's Christmas and the [NFL] is still terrible

2»

• hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    This season, man, I think really highlights the importance of coaching. There are a few teams making huge leaps due to coaching changes, and some taking huge dives due to coaching changes. I wonder how much of this is related to practice time, such that if an offensive coordinator puts in some work on a weekly basis crafting an offense playsheet to mess with the defense, that in and of itself is more impactful now than it used to be because defenses get less practice time. (See how the 49ers demolished the Jaguars.)

I think it also really emphasizes the fact that while the QB might still be the most important position on the team, a QB is no longer sufficient to just carry your team. Maybe it's due to practice time; maybe it's because of experience - the league's elite QB class is REALLY old and so trying to treat other QBs like we treat Brady and (Peyton) Manning and Roethlisberger and Rodgers maybe doesn't make sense; maybe it's due to how some teams are run and how they do film study now, who knows. But Case Keenum, David Carr, Jared Goff, Cam Newton, Russel Wilson, etc. are clearly showing that it's not sufficient to just have your QB carry your offense.

Unless maybe that QB is Deshaun Watson.

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    I think we've always known that with QBs like rivers and luck who haven't won anything because the teams and coaches around them have been disasters.

my opinion on coaches is the first year is by and large meaningless. bill belichick went 5-11 his first year, ben macadoo went 11-5 his first year. making the playoffs your first year isn't indicative of anything and actually tends to be a bad thing. every jets coach in like the past 20 years has had a winning record their first year and most have made the playoffs. none of them are still coaching teams.

• pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    The NFL is in the middle of a coaching crisis

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • OghulkOghulk Registered User regular
    We live in a world where two NFC South teams are guaranteed in the playoff, and there could potentially be 3.

What a world.

SorceBrainleechGnizmo
  • y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Pats likely to sign James Harrison

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Still the long dark will return to New England
    It will be soon

Ticaldfjam
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Another reason to root against NE!

Not that I needed one

HEY SATAN! HERE'S MY WISHLIST! GO NUTS YOU DEVIL!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/1JI9WWSRW1YJI
    MagellH3Knuckles
  • knitdanknitdan Registered User regular
    In the first game Harrison will forget which team he's playing on, and run out to take Brady's head off on the first series.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • GyralGyral Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Pats likely to sign James Harrison
    James Harrison to chuckle heartily from the sidelines as the Pats defeat the Steelers yet again in Gilette.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
    MagellH3Knuckles
  • A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Pats likely to sign noted piece of shit James Harrison

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
    Raijin QuickfootBlackDragon480MagellToxH3Knuckles
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    In Giants news, Landon Collins called teammate Eli Apple a cancer
    "There's only just one corner that ... needs to grow, and we all know who that is," said Collins, one of the more popular players in the locker room. "That would be the only person I would change out of our secondary group. Besides, the other two guys, [Rodgers-Cromartie] and [Jenkins], I love those two guys. They play hard. They love what they do.

"But that first pick ... he's a cancer."

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    He could be talking about someone else...

• SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    Isn't Eli Apple the kid with no life skills? Like he can't even make Kraft Dinner or whatever?

BrainleechMagellH3Knuckles
  • ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

DVOA really hates the Patriots’ defence. They’re 7th in points allowed, they’re 8th in drives ending in scores, and yes, they’re 28th in passing yards allowed. But they’re 32nd in points allowed. Their nine point effort against the Bills dropped them. And in fairness, there’s some smoke and mirrors involved: the Patriots offence and special teams give the defence a long field to work with. But still, it’s funny.

People on the Internet are more discourteous than in the real world because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
    Skwigelf wrote: »
    Isn't Eli Apple the kid with no life skills? Like he can't even make Kraft Dinner or whatever?

Yeah except he isn't Canadian so it's called Mac and Cheese.

MagellToxH3Knuckles
This discussion has been closed.