[FFXIV]: A Very Beary Starlight and a Doge Heavensturn To You!

AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
So, for those of you who play FFXIV, what did the saint's little helpers bring you this year? A new mount? A Shinryu EX or O4S clear? Or just some time with someone special in Eorzea? Whatever your Starlight travails have brought you, tell us all about them!

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum

• ThatDudeOverThereThatDudeOverThere Clock King Registered User regular
    @Yukira got me a bunny minion and the sentai poses because she's the best

YukiraSkwigelfQanamilMan in the Mists
  • SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Yo @Enc say something in here if you want us to help you take the last two dungeons at a story pace.

mts wrote: »
    heres how i see it being a total win situation for you
    1. stay with your wife while she dog sits. this wins husband points since she knows its out of your comfort zone
    2. have sex all over her friends house so that the next time you see her friend look at you condescendingly, you can wink back knowing you did the freaky deaky where she eats her cheerios.
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Still only level 54-55 so far, so nothing particularly cool. But looking festive anyway because I spent dollars on a coat.

vhqXzcK.jpg

• YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    @Yukira got me a bunny minion and the sentai poses because she's the best

Everyone needs Sentai poses.

SkwigelfSkeithThatDudeOverThereQanamilMan in the Mists
  • CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    I bought a friend a medium/mansion with decoration funds. I hear the plan is to do an extradimensional fun house. My present was decoration of my small house in the goblet.

Qanamil
  • SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    edited December 2017
    I got the alte roite mount and 345 warrior axe

SCREECH OF THE FARG on
    SYhhzZG.jpg?2?8605
  • InterpreterInterpreter Registered User regular
    A question I keep meaning to ask, does anyone know how good the Mac version of FF14 is these days? I know when it was first released it was horrible, and was pulled off and then they put it back, but most of the reviews of it I seem to find are from the initial release of it. Just wondering, as I don't go to my Boot Camp Windows as much as I used to, so wondering if I should get it(and if it was a native client, or just the Windows client in a wrapper).

I think you can do the trial on the Mac.

• NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    Alright I found out Stormblood is $20 right now and I'm thinking about it. But my main question is how available is small group content to an otherwise solo player? I usually enjoy taking on endgame challenges but my problems with most content is either a need to find your own groups and being rebuffed by arbitrarily inflated social requirements (e.g. requiring gear levels higher than the content itself, or requiring people to prove they've already completed it) or just not really having the time to engage because it's a multi-hour affair between getting a group and clearing the challenge, and/or not being able to do anything else while LFG. I like the existence of duty finder type engines because they mean I can do other things while I wait for the group to form, but beyond the leveling dungeons that wasn't an option when I played back in early ARR.

Similarly, I don't want to feel like I need to play every week to stay engaged; I want to pick up the game when I feel like it, enjoy it for a few days, and then switch to something else and come back in a week or two.

Does that work with XIV's current formatting or should I expect a lot of similarities to ARR?

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Duty finder works very well for all the 4-man runs, and all of those are pretty quick. Queue time can be a pain for DPS for the obvious reasons. Queue time can be atrocious for things not on the main roulettes though (so older raid content mostly).

Someone else may want to talk to how well you can keep geared with sporadic play? You'd have trouble getting bleeding edge stuff possibly (depending how much you play those few days, since the endgame tomestones have a weekly cap), but keeping to the previous tier of endgame is easy enough usually.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    edited December 2017
    The duty finder has been expanded to include 50/60 dungeon roulettes, 8 man trials, and old 24 man raids.

For the solo player, you have the story mode 8 man raids which can be queued for, the 24 man raid and your usual dungeons
    There are also beast tribe daily quests and minigames in the gold saucer.

You can also use the party finder to get groups for specific dungeons and trials. This is used a lot for the weekly Womderous Tales sticker book and the content is run with the level sync off.

The game hasn't felt like I need to be logged in every day. There is a pretty good catch up system where you can grab previous high end gear quickly to get into the new stuff.

Yukira on
    Party finder is their version of a manual group search/recruitment tool, right?

For the savage content and EX trials, if you attempt and get clears in the first couple of weeks after it comes out, it is pretty easy to pug the clears. If you wait longer, then it becomes much harder and more frustrating. In HW I tried to do that stuff as a low priority and so it was very hard to get all the clears. In SB I've stayed on top of them and gotten the clears earlier in the cycle and that has worked much better. On Sargatnas you can clear everything except Bahamut Ultimate with a pug with perseverance. Fairly easily, you can do all EX and deltascape savage 1 and 2.

Caedwyr wrote: »
    For the savage content and EX trials, if you attempt and get clears in the first couple of weeks after it comes out, it is pretty easy to pug the clears. If you wait longer, then it becomes much harder and more frustrating. In HW I tried to do that stuff as a low priority and so it was very hard to get all the clears. In SB I've stayed on top of them and gotten the clears earlier in the cycle and that has worked much better. On Sargatnas you can clear everything except Bahamut Ultimate with a pug with perseverance. Fairly easily, you can do all EX and deltascape savage 1 and 2.

This sounds like it's exactly the same jacked up social climate as before then :|

There are a couple of linkshells dedicated to getting people clears later in the patch cycle. If you are on Sargatanas give me a shout and I will get you an invite. They normally organize runs on Friday, Sat and Sun.

Caedwyr Jelani.

Nullzone wrote: »
    Caedwyr wrote: »

This sounds like it's exactly the same jacked up social climate as before then :|

More of a where the population is at I think. There's always some bullshit party recruitment (best in slot only to carry my ass type shit), but new stuff has lots of open groups for learning/clears. Duty finder (auto matching) pugs work for 95% of content (anything not EX, and most older EX stuff).

For previous expansion stuff, just make a party advertising newbie bonus and unsynced and people will happily steamroll it.

• AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Two words: Carby. Mount.
    c87243dce439cf42c4bdef05c3d9382c3a810985_4.jpg?1514267737
    c87243dce439cf42c4bdef05c3d9382c3a810985_5.jpg?1514267737

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
    Polaritiedestroyah87Riokenn
  • SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    deltascape_complete.png?width=919&height=517

SYhhzZG.jpg?2?8605
    Qanamildestroyah87
    Two words: Carby. Mount.
    c87243dce439cf42c4bdef05c3d9382c3a810985_4.jpg?1514267737
    c87243dce439cf42c4bdef05c3d9382c3a810985_5.jpg?1514267737

Urk. That's not fair. Just straight up not fair.

destroyah87
This discussion has been closed.