I'm playing [PERSONA 5] again

Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular

I'm callin' all you out in public and getting you all mad so I can steal your treasure, I'm playing Persona 5 again and I needed a place to write about how good it is!

I bet you didn't play enough of it!

Even if you did, I bet you didn't appreciate it enough!

I'm changing your evil ways to make you understand Persona 5 was actually great!

Persona 5 is a game about how institutions will always fail you and true power lies in the masses deciding they've had enough of this shit and taking things into their own hands! It rules!

6F32U1X.png

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I need to do some cleaning today but as soon as I do, I'm starting a new game of this

CYpGAPn.png
  • Emerlmaster999Emerlmaster999 Registered User regular
    Let Bike Pope eat the rich.

• KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Persona five is a real good game.

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
    rhylithEmerlmaster999ph blakeSproutYaYaIlpalaTcheldorpyromaniac221LockedOnTargetHades
  • Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    'salright

6vjsgrerts6r.png

Tcheldor
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    i got this for chrimbo today!

crwth
  • Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    I'm gonna get it next time it's $30 somewhere.

• YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    YOU'LL NEVER SEE IT COMMMMMIINNNN'

Emerlmaster999KetBra
    nah I'm gonna get back to my NG+ run tonight as soon as I can figure out why my new TV is distorting the 2D elements

Ya'll love being a phantom thief like me, a person who is 100% a phantom thief

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I actually kind of hated this game at first. I'd never played a persona game at first, and it was such a slow burn to actually getting to anything resembling gameplay, and even longer to get to the REAL meat of the game (the character and time management stuff) that I thought of putting it down on multiple occasions. I'm glad I didn't, though. It turned to be in my top 3 games of this year

rhylith
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular

other names under consideration: Piers Sonar, Cryme Tyme, Big Jeffrey, Lupin IV

YaYaEmerlmaster999
  • I needed a gnome to post.I needed a gnome to post. i'm the bat guy (bluh)Registered User regular
    his name is Oscar Wilde

liEt3nH.png
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Name him Ba Ka

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238
    Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    Playing: Persona 5 Royal (PS4), Animal Crossing (SW), FF7remake (PS4)
    the only real P5 protagonist name is Fuku Thapolice

DrezDyvim TvarMoridin889Man in the Mists
  • Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    I bought this game for my sister this Christmas purely on the strength of the recommendations I've seen on the Internet.

What I'm saying is that if my sister dislikes her gift, I am blaming it on all of you.

[IMG][/img]
    my first run protagonist was tad goastal
    my ng+ protagonist was chad goastal

6vjsgrerts6r.png

rhylithDyvim Tvar
    His name is Fanta Thief.

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I was paralyzed by indecision and looked up what his real name was and misread an article saying that he didn't have one (at the time) but that 4's was Yu Narakami so I named him that.

I Do Design | I PSN- Subtle_Ties | 3DS: 3840-5210-2008 (Subtle)
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    P3: Charles/Charlotte Tunoku
    P4: Charlie Tunoku
    P5: Chuck Tunoku

that dude is a Chuck

6F32U1X.png
    rhylith
    Truly, the only name that works is Danny Sbarro, as @OmnipotentBagel can attest to.

• rhylithrhylith Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    I actually kind of hated this game at first. I'd never played a persona game at first, and it was such a slow burn to actually getting to anything resembling gameplay, and even longer to get to the REAL meat of the game (the character and time management stuff) that I thought of putting it down on multiple occasions. I'm glad I didn't, though. It turned to be in my top 3 games of this year

I had the same reaction to p4 when I started it last year.

Once you get used to the day to day mechanics the series is so great.

Rhylith - <Shambler Milk> Horde Chogall
  • DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Sometimes this thing happens to me with media where I go in with certain expectations and when those expectations aren't met I come away disappointed, but upon revisiting said media, now knowing exactly what it is, I'll enjoy it more the second time around.

I feel like this would happen with Persona 5. But it's long as fuck so I'm not replaying it any time soon.

Best part of the game were the Persona awakenings. I got hype every single time. edit: except Futaba's. It made me hype and embarrassed at the same time.

DeMoN on
    Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg

other names under consideration: Piers Sonar, Cryme Tyme, Big Jeffrey, Lupin IV

I was Thomas Anime, leader of the Anime Pals.

rhylith
    DeMoN wrote: »
    Sometimes this thing happens to me with media where I go in with certain expectations and when those expectations aren't met I come away disappointed, but upon revisiting said media, now knowing exactly what it is, I'll enjoy it more the second time around.

I feel like this would happen with Persona 5. But it's long as fuck so I'm not replaying it any time soon.

Best part of the game were the Persona awakenings. I got hype every single time. edit: except Futaba's. It made me hype and embarrassed at the same time.

The music is really good in general, but is especially good at delivering those hype moments.

morganna becomes exponentially more irritating on a second playthrough now that i know exactly the cool stuff i could be doing

6vjsgrerts6r.png

I don't get the Morgana hate, really.

The only one I truly disliked throughout was Yusuke, and Haru may as well not even have been there.

The only one I truly disliked throughout was Yusuke, and Haru may as well not even have been there.
    A lot of it stems from how restrictive the game can be with your night's and he's always the one who says NAH YOU SHOULD STAY IN

Another part is the character is a gross mascot cliche

CYpGAPn.png
    Rorshach Kringle
    Blankzilla wrote: »

A lot of it stems from how restrictive the game can be with your night's and he's always the one who says NAH YOU SHOULD STAY IN

Another part is the character is a gross mascot cliche

he's also an unrelenting dick to ryuji, then turns around and expects you to feel bad when he gets all butthurt that one time

6vjsgrerts6r.png

Butler For Life #1BlankZoerhylithBugBoyEmerlmaster999HadesDarkPrimusMan in the Mists
    Morgana is a stand in for the developers that hate you.

So the hate for Morgana is essentially a proxy hate for the developers that hate you. It’s like yelling at the front line customer service rep when you call a company with an issue.You know he/she isn’t to blame. He/she knows it. But you’re fighting a proxy war via this customer service rep.

Uh...that’s...uh...Morgana.

Morgana is a time fascist.

• Ov3rchargeOv3rcharge R.I.P. Mass Effect You were dead to me for yearsRegistered User regular
    Ryuji gets a bad rap. He’s a thousand times better than Junpei or fuckin Yosuke as the best friend character.

DrezrhylithEmerlmaster999Speed RacerHades
  • DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    Ov3rcharge wrote: »
    Ryuji gets a bad rap. He’s a thousand times better than Junpei or fuckin Yosuke as the best friend character.

Ryugi might be the least bad person of the three but he's definitely the loudest.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
    I like Ryuji a lot and he embodies the theme of the game very strongly - he’s a great “bro” for the MC.

• webberwebber Registered User regular
    I really enjoyed this game.

After I beat it, I was told the ending is in line with most other Persona games. I'm not sure that changes my mind that the end story is dumb.

This lucky penny is bullshit.
    Hearthstone - Webber #1330
    3DS: 0920-3235-4071
    Drez wrote: »
    I like Ryuji a lot and he embodies the theme of the game very strongly - he’s a great “bro” for the MC.

Futaba is a way better bro than Ryuji.

Futaba rules and the fact that they couldn't stop themselves from making her romanceable sucks

CYpGAPn.png
    KetBraDeMoNph blakeMacro9Emerlmaster999
    I assume all the ladies and none of the dudes are romanceable, which is lame

• pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    Anyone who romanced Futaba is a fucking monster. Partially because her little sister dynamic with the player character is good and pure and partially because romancing her means you chose not to romance Makoto which is unpardonable.

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
    KetBraPolaritieEmerlmaster999Hades
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm about halfway through the museum palace so far.

HEY SATAN! HERE'S MY WISHLIST! GO NUTS YOU DEVIL!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/1JI9WWSRW1YJI
    rhylith
    Her calling Mishima a dumb NPC character is such a fucking burn I tried to give him an extinguish orb afterwards

rhylithBlankZoeEmerlmaster999Man in the Mists
This discussion has been closed.