I'm playing [PERSONA 5] again

2»

Posts

  • DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    I found it weird how much the game wanted me to shit on Mishima. When you meet him he's a fucking victim of abuse and has had it super hard. And for the large majority of the game he actually cares about helping people.

    Let me just be nice to Mishima game.

    Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
    DrezDarkPrimusRawkking GoodguyMan in the Mists
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    I romanced Futaba because I romanced everyone and it didn’t seem fair to Futaba to be a dick to everyone else and not her. She deserved the protagonist’s dickery as much as everyone else did.

    Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238
    Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    Playing: Persona 5 Royal (PS4), Animal Crossing (SW), FF7remake (PS4)
  • IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know Texas booniesRegistered User regular
    Anyone who romanced Futaba is a fucking monster. Partially because her little sister dynamic with the player character is good and pure and partially because romancing her means you chose not to romance Makoto which is unpardonable.

    FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin most days
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Registered User regular
    Ilpala wrote: »
    Anyone who romanced Futaba is a fucking monster. Partially because her little sister dynamic with the player character is good and pure and partially because romancing her means you chose not to romance Makoto which is unpardonable.


    crazy talk activates again

  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Registered User regular
    DeMoN wrote: »
    I found it weird how much the game wanted me to shit on Mishima. When you meet him he's a fucking victim of abuse and has had it super hard. And for the large majority of the game he actually cares about helping people.

    Let me just be nice to Mishima game.

    the game absolutely does not want you to shit on mishima, it bizarrely rewards you for feeding into his delusions which is WAY WORSE

    Emerlmaster999
  • Ov3rchargeOv3rcharge R.I.P. Mass Effect You were dead to me for yearsRegistered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    DeMoN wrote: »
    I found it weird how much the game wanted me to shit on Mishima. When you meet him he's a fucking victim of abuse and has had it super hard. And for the large majority of the game he actually cares about helping people.

    Let me just be nice to Mishima game.

    the game absolutely does not want you to shit on mishima, it bizarrely rewards you for feeding into his delusions which is WAY WORSE

    Well it kind of does, he ranks up no matter what.

  • Emerlmaster999Emerlmaster999 Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    DeMoN wrote: »
    Ov3rcharge wrote: »
    Ryuji gets a bad rap. He’s a thousand times better than Junpei or fuckin Yosuke as the best friend character.

    Ryugi might be the least bad person of the three but he's definitely the loudest.

    HEY GUYS IT SURE IS SWELL BEING A PHANTOM THIEF


    Ryuji is definitely miles above Junpei and Yosuke, but good lord man learn to be quiet in public.

    Makoto's still aces though since she might as well have said "How the fuck haven't you all been arrested yet?" when she joins the group and sees that they have zero plans.

    Emerlmaster999 on
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    DeMoN wrote: »
    Ov3rcharge wrote: »
    Ryuji gets a bad rap. He’s a thousand times better than Junpei or fuckin Yosuke as the best friend character.

    Ryugi might be the least bad person of the three but he's definitely the loudest.

    HEY GUYS IT SURE IS SWELL BEING A PHANTOM THIEF


    Ryuji is definitely miles above Junpei and Yosuke, but good lord man learn to be quiet in public.

    Makoto's still aces though since she might as well have said "How the fuck haven't you all been arrested yet?" when she joins the group and sees that they have zero plans.

    Yeah but then you find out he not-so-lowkey wanted everyone to know he's a phantom thief, so he could be all popular

    Early on I was convinced there would be a situation where one of your teammates would end up becoming distorted due to the phantom thief powertrip, and you'd have to go into their palace to fix them, and my money was definitely on Ryuji

  • mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    I was so upset nothing ends up happening with that bouncer who's trying to learn Japanese and hangs out on the main street. I wanted him to be a confidant so bad.

    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    edited December 2017
    so far i've only met a Vulgar Boy and while indeed a character could theoretically surpass junpei there is a vast gulf between him and Literal Trash Can Boy yosuke let's not place them on anywhere near even footing

    miscellaneousinsanity on
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Registered User regular
    ryuji is a big dumb goofball who is very good

    Emerlmaster999Raijin QuickfootDarkPrimusPMAversAndy JoeMan in the Mists
  • EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    Just got the game for Christmas. I'm about two hours in so far, but Persona 4 is one of my favorite games, so I'm looking forward to the adventures of my boy Benny Factor and his wacky friends.

    You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Junpei is a good character, one of 3's best for sure.

  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Ryuji is the man if only for the Punk Talk ability

    HEY SATAN! HERE'S MY WISHLIST! GO NUTS YOU DEVIL!

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/1JI9WWSRW1YJI
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus premium Registered User regular
    Ov3rcharge wrote: »
    Ryuji gets a bad rap. He’s a thousand times better than Junpei or fuckin Yosuke as the best friend character.

    Nah, Junpei is still #1 bro.

    Ryuji is pretty good though.

    dt3GeqU.png
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
    Man in the Mists
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Do you basically get a new PC with each palace?

    HEY SATAN! HERE'S MY WISHLIST! GO NUTS YOU DEVIL!

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/1JI9WWSRW1YJI
  • KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Do you basically get a new PC with each palace?

    More or less

    KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Junpei actually demonstrates growth in the story (because he's not a social link in the original version of p3 and thus doesn't have his focus split)

    WeedLordVegeta on
    25Mj5br.png
    DarkPrimus
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus premium Registered User regular
    Junpei actually demonstrates growth in the story (because he's not a social link in the original version of p3 and thus doesn't have his focus split)

    It's funny that people laud the separation of S.Links for party members from the main story as an advancement, as it actually neuters the ability to write significant character growth in the S.Links that is actually reflected in the main story... unless of course they actually bothered to write and program branching dialogue for that kind of thing.

    dt3GeqU.png
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
    Ov3rcharge
This discussion has been closed.