We Did Everyone, We Won the War on Christmas

QuidQuid I don't... what... hnnng Registered User regular
Already Christmas is in its final throes across North America, and in the eastern hemisphere it's been all but eradicated. However, expect some pockets of resistance in retail stores through the new year.

Celebrate, take the week off, don't buy merchandise. You've earned it. But come January 1st, keep your eyes on the Thanksgiving day demarcation line, and prepare.

RadiationSurfpossumKid PresentableNightDragontynicWraith260GumpyMadEddyCentipede DamascusMrVyngaardCouscousFearghaillMillBahamutZEROJedocchr1sh4ll3ttb3BeNarwhalCurly_Bracedurandal4532GoodKingJayIIISleepAimFeralLabelPwnanObriendavidsdurionsLord_AsmodeusZeroczdarunia106BucketmanThe BetgirlNiryaCambiataHakkekagefurlionDarkPrimusNecoHacksawMegaMekelectricitylikesmeImperatorXXVJoeUsernever dieDisruptedCapitalistzepherinHarry DresdenPLATynnanArdolGnizmocrimsoncoyoteZonugalZilla360LucedessarukunThe Escape GoatStabbity Styleemp123shoeboxjeddyGnome-Interruptus

• RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    I'm not sure we should take the time off. We need to be ever vigilant!

PSN: jfrofl
    Never Stop Making Poast
  • SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    Um excuse me Quid but I seem to have not been did. I assume this was an oversight.

*lies seductively across bed*

icon.png facebookIcon.png tumblrIcon.png
    is this how nations are born
    EddyJacobkoshKristmas KthulhuWraith260cB557JazzjapanKarozchr1sh4ll3ttb3ForarSkeithFencingsax14357ToxdavidsdurionsWhiteZinfandelReynoldsBucketmanKageraHakkekageRMS OceanicMegaMekImperatorXXVJoeUserV1mcrimsoncoyoteQuidSqueakelInfidelZilla360The Escape GoatStabbity Styleemp123shoeboxjeddy
  • GyralGyral Registered User regular
    Now with Christmas vanquished, we must be ever vigilant and ready our selves for the beast on the horizon: 2018!

We always say that there's no way the next year could be worse than the last, and yet it always is.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
    QuidNever Stop Making PoastkimePwnanObrienBucketmanEnclaveofGnomesLucedes
  • Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    You may think “it’s the middle of summer there is no threat in July”, but no that is a time to be extra careful of midsummer perversion

VRXwDW7.png
    QuidJimothy
  • EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    I don't celebrate xmas so I'm bundled in my apt just furious that it's going to feel like 5-20 degrees outside all week

I have bars to frequent and cigarettes to smoke

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • QuidQuid I don't... what... hnnng Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    I don't celebrate xmas so I'm bundled in my apt just furious that it's going to feel like 5-20 degrees outside all week

The cold is the best time to do that!

jungleroomxKristmas KthulhuBeNarwhalSleepBucketmanSqueakelThe Escape GoatGnome-Interruptus
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx Panem, circenses, credulous descent. A Gadarene charge into endarkenment Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »

The cold is the best time to do that!

If you can even feel the cold exiting a bar, you've failed.

Make. Time.
    jmcdonaldchr1sh4ll3ttb3ElvenshaeBucketmanError
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Heh, you fools, Christmas is a cover to trick you into thinking these winter festivities are but a day in length; it's Yule! I'm going to eat, drink and be merry all the way to January!

SleepFencingsaxNever Stop Making Poastspool32wanderingPLAFrem
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »
    You may think “it’s the middle of summer there is no threat in July”, but no that is a time to be extra careful of midsummer perversion

The height of Summer's power is, in fact, the time of year when the Unseelie Court is most prone to launch an attack.

YggiDee wrote: »
    Having teenaged RPG leads is really cool until you stop being a teenager yourself. Do you remember being seventeen? You're a dumbass at seventeen! I wanna be saved by the guy who's twenty-seven. He's at least payed taxes. He knows how to do shit. He can drive.
    MrVyngaardRchanenDuke 2.0BrainleechEddyForarLord PalingtonSleepElvenshaekimeCentipede DamascusBucketmanHakkekagePLAcrimsoncoyoteShadowhopeZonugalSqueakelGhlinnshoeboxjeddy
  • StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular

"This is Xerxes. Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. An extra work cycle just twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one."

Let's Play: Disco Elysium (Updated 10/04)
    JazzFryElvenshaeWhiteZinfandelNoneoftheaboveRMS OceanicCroakerBCPLAGnome-Interruptus
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »

The height of Summer's power is, in fact, the time of year when the Unseelie Court is most prone to launch an attack.

Durr I forgot about the kickstarter for it until now

PLA
  • SorceSorce Registered User regular
    Heh, you fools, Christmas is a cover to trick you into thinking these winter festivities are but a day in length; it's Yule! I'm going to eat, drink and be merry all the way to January!
    Everybody forgets about the holiday of Epiphany. Christians got that extended festivities thing on lock.

steam_sig.png
    Backloggery. It's totally updated again, I swear!
    ElvenshaeStraightziMadEddyRMS Oceanic
  • Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular

I've heard Christmas comes to Australia in midsummer

Just when they least expect it

Duke 2.0RchanenSleepKristmas KthulhuPLAGnome-Interruptus
    Surfpossum wrote: »
    Um excuse me Quid but I seem to have not been did. I assume this was an oversight.

*lies seductively across bed*

Dude have you not been reading the illness thread? Seven more days!

But by then

War begins

• DeciusDecius Registered User regular
    The victory has made the national news, but a resistance is burgeoning

https://www.theonion.com/nation-s-oppressed-christians-huddle-underground-to-lig-1819578481

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
    Never Stop Making PoastBucketmanPLAEinzelGnome-Interruptus
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    My birthday is coming up. Can we work on eradicating that next?

HEY SATAN! HERE'S MY WISHLIST! GO NUTS YOU DEVIL!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/1JI9WWSRW1YJI
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx Panem, circenses, credulous descent. A Gadarene charge into endarkenment Registered User regular
    My birthday is coming up. Can we work on eradicating that next?

Are you asking if someone can hire a hitman?

Make. Time.
    RedTideKristmas Kthulhu
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Yes

HEY SATAN! HERE'S MY WISHLIST! GO NUTS YOU DEVIL!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/1JI9WWSRW1YJI
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Yes

I know a guy

(The guy is me

[I don't work for free])

Brainleech wrote: »

Hmm?

Having teenaged RPG leads is really cool until you stop being a teenager yourself. Do you remember being seventeen? You're a dumbass at seventeen! I wanna be saved by the guy who's twenty-seven. He's at least payed taxes. He knows how to do shit. He can drive.
  • KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    There's a serious lack of ravishing going on in this thread.

I feel particularly unravished.

Jazz

Hmm?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/changeling-the-lost-2nd-edition

Enlong
  • HenroidHenroid Seize the Memes Registered User regular
    Did we feast on the corpse yet?

Nobody likes me but that's okay. I'm used to it.
    I stream at night - /henroidt on Twitch
  • EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »

of... of Jesus?

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
    QuidBucketmanLucedes
  • VanguardVanguard A wretched country of duskRegistered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Feliz Jihad motherfuckers

HonkjakobaggerKayne Red Robechr1sh4ll3ttb3RedTideHakkekageBucketmansyndalis
  • HenroidHenroid Seize the Memes Registered User regular

of... of Jesus?
    I did that every Sunday in my childhood. Old news.

I mean of Christmas.

Nobody likes me but that's okay. I'm used to it.
    I stream at night - /henroidt on Twitch
    jungleroomxSleepQuidRMS OceanicBucketmanDuke 2.0Kristmas KthulhuLucedes

*looks up sharply, slurps up line of tinsel quickly*

N-no...

Make. Time.
    Commander ZoomKristmas KthulhuPLA
  • redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    edited December 2017

of... of Jesus?

thats down right eucharistic.

redx on
    This machine kills threads.
    HonkKayne Red RobeGvzbgulRMS OceanicBucketmanDuke 2.0never die
  • FryFry Registered User regular

Every year I get a massive craving for fast food on December 25th, and every year I am disappointed that none of it is open.

Rainfall
    I fucking love the bitter cold. Throwing on a coat, scarf, gloves, and beanie before setting out is one of the best feelings.

KarozdescElvenshaeBucketmangodmodeKristmas KthulhuAtlas in Chainswebguy20
    Quid wrote: »
    I fucking love the bitter cold. Throwing on a coat, scarf, gloves, and beanie before setting out is one of the best feelings.

I can dry age steaks in this house
    The floor is cold really cold right now

Hmm?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/changeling-the-lost-2nd-edition

Oh cool!

redx
  • Captain UltraCaptain Ultra low resolution pictures of birds Registered User regular
    haha, don't you realize

December 25th is merely the start of the Christmas liturgical season

Christmas doesn't end until the Epiphany on January 6th!

Twelve days, moth-- Wait, we don't do that?

BeNarwhal wrote: »
    I'm gonna saaaay ... over 160 launches attempted worldwide in 2019. Someone record that somewhere!
    SorceGvzbgulElvenshaetynicjakobagger
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    haha, don't you realize

December 25th is merely the start of the Christmas liturgical season

Christmas doesn't end until the Epiphany on January 6th!

Twelve days, moth-- Wait, we don't do that?

we used to do 12 days of christmas , but then one dude just got WAY carried away , filled this girl's house with livestock , it got way outta hand, servants died to bird attacks it was awful,
    so we had to cut that shit down to one day because of fuckin Jeff, dammit Jeff!

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
    ElvenshaeRhesus PositiveKarozshoeboxjeddyGnome-Interruptus
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I'm so sick of the asshole flavor of "Christians" feeling persecuted

I play games on ps3 and ps4. My PSN is DouglasDanger.
    valhalla130KarozGnome-Interruptus
  • Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    Driving through Idaho this weekend, I stopped at a loves gas station where I saw a gruff gas station attendant say Merry Christmas to a young millennial who paused and responded with “Happy Holidays”

The look of disgust and betrayal on the mans face was palpable

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
    NightDragonkimeDarmakCentipede DamascusRainfallCommander ZoomJazzknitdanOrthancNoneoftheaboveSpoitJoolandertynicQuidgodmodeDuke 2.0Kayne Red Robenever diejakobaggerLord_AsmodeusKristmas KthulhuSorceThat Dave FellaNo-QuarterTynnanArdolStollsEtchwartsEinzelKarozjgeisLucedesToxPwnanObriensarukunhybridoneRear Admiral Chocoemp123shoeboxjeddyKaplarGnome-Interruptus
  • NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    Driving through Idaho this weekend, I stopped at a loves gas station where I saw a gruff gas station attendant say Merry Christmas to a young millennial who paused and responded with “Happy Holidays”

I want to hug this millennial

AtomikaCentipede DamascusRainfallLabelRedTideNoneoftheaboveSolarvalhalla130godmodejakobaggerLord_Asmodeusdispatch.oEtchwartsEinzelKarozjgeisToxhybridoneAiouashoeboxjeddyGnome-Interruptus
  • davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular

I’ve been saying “Happy Holidays” since before it was cool. /SmugGrin

PwH4Ipj.jpg
    Karoz
  • GvzbgulGvzbgul Ask me about my scrotalist agenda Registered User regular
    I'm so sick of the asshole flavor of "Christians" feeling persecuted
    Stop licking then?

SageinaRagejungleroomxjakobaggerDouglasDangerKristmas KthulhuToxwebguy20
  • Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    I think I may start saying something like "have a gay Saturnalia"

WhiteZinfandelAtomikaCommander ZoomKristmas KthulhuKarozToxwebguy20
This discussion has been closed.