As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Giant Bomb Thread

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Kreutz wrote: »
    I almost miss the GotY discussion.

145 days until E3!

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Dante's inferno and the order 1886 have dong

And animal crossing new leaf, via the statue of david

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Also Red Dead I think?

• Options
    Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    Also Red Dead I think?

Dead dong, though.

Red Dead Dong.

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    I'm slowly steeling myself to the notion that RDR2 could be quite disappointing (in order to keep my expectations in check). Especially if they lean really hard into the online stuff.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    A prequel is probably the only place they really could have gone with the Red Dead series considering the setting of Redemption (end of the Old West, encroaching technology and government, etc)

I'm also not sure we needed, nor did I really want, another Red Dead. Especially not one where we play as the gang we had to hunt down in RDRedemption

Are they just gonna give somebody else Dead Eye?

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I'm currently way more excited about Yakuza 6 than I am Red Dead 2

now of course a lot of that has to do with they haven't shown anything from Red Dead, but the Yakuza series just has this warm heart between the melodrama, and even though Red Dead was a lot better about that than other Rockstar games, their particular brand of satire is not what I'm really looking for nowadays

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    i still get the impression that rdr2 will be an anthology

that bonnie in the trailer looked much older

• Options
    I'm still shocked they showed so much restraint with Red Dead. I kept waiting for a horse with like, a 69 emblazoned on the saddle or something.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Oh boy, I've been deep down this The Witcher 3 hole the past week. I think I'm about to be done with the Bloody Baron and I'm not even halfway done with this game?

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Oh boy, I've been deep down this The Witcher 3 hole the past week. I think I'm about to be done with the Bloody Baron and I'm not even halfway done with this game?

Almost done with Bloody Baron is less than a third of the way through.

• Options

I would say you're not even a third of the way done, maybe approaching that

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    I'm still shocked they showed so much restraint with Red Dead. I kept waiting for a horse with like, a 69 emblazoned on the saddle or something.

well they haven't shown the multiplayer

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

I would say you're not even a third of the way done, maybe approaching that

maybe of the base game. Not with the DLC's though

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    In hindsight it's remarkable the ways in which a Rockstar game set in the old West somehow didn't fuck up

Time will tell if the tried and true Rockstar style will win out

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    I mean I can go to Novigrad, but I need to know how does this end. And Keira asked me for some help. And and I just saw a certain antagonist from TW2 and agh. Send help!

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Keira Metz's quest there is pretty good

KetBra on
    KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    It's one of those situations where I would be thoroughly content with Red Dead Redemption itself if they just put it on non-dead platforms. Remastered it, even if they had to build it from the ground up, because they would certainly get their money's worth. Ah well. If only Red Dead had been made by a company with unlimited time and money and a fanbase that would triple dip on an RDR remaster.

Guess I'll have to hope RDR2 is good, since it'll be the only one people will be able to reliably play moving forward.

• Options
    Redemption is backwards compatible on Xbox One, though

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    The Witcher 3 was the game that made me go "yeah I just don't have the same taste as the GB bros" cause that game is probably my all-time favorite thing. And most of their complaints were around it's length, yet Ben and Alex both played Persona 5 to completion and that's probably similar in length.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    He said non-dead platforms

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Oghulk wrote: »
    The Witcher 3 was the game that made me go "yeah I just don't have the same taste as the GB bros" cause that game is probably my all-time favorite thing. And most of their complaints were around it's length, yet Ben and Alex both played Persona 5 to completion and that's probably similar in length.

Witcher 3 feels so much longer, though

as much as I love it, that game feels like such a massive undertaking in a way P5 didn't to me

probably because P5 is such a visual treat at all times and it's also compartmentalized, there's a loop to it that you kick up and start over every 5-10 hours, there's a consistent rise and fall where Witcher is just gonna keep Witchering at all times

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    I've thought about writing a little essay on The Witcher 3 as epic ala the Odyssey

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular

D. O. G. That's me, cause I'm a dog.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    I wonder what the stats are for how many times people use animoji after the one time they do something like that. I know that’s what I did and I haven’t even opened it since then.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I... hate that.

• Options
    No one tell Abby about FaceRig

steam_sig.png

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    Alternatively, do tell Abby about FaceRig.

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Also Red Dead I think?

Dead dong, though.

Red Dead Dong.

I remember Abby saying that RDR2 had realistic horse dong, but I don't remember if that was a joke or not.

• Options
    Opty wrote: »
    Also Red Dead I think?

Dead dong, though.

Red Dead Dong.

I remember Abby saying that RDR2 had realistic horse dong, but I don't remember if that was a joke or not.

It has realistic horse testicles at the least.

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Oghulk wrote: »

Witcher 3 feels so much longer, though

as much as I love it, that game feels like such a massive undertaking in a way P5 didn't to me

probably because P5 is such a visual treat at all times and it's also compartmentalized, there's a loop to it that you kick up and start over every 5-10 hours, there's a consistent rise and fall where Witcher is just gonna keep Witchering at all times

This is a kind of irony, because the pacing in P5 is much worse than the pacing in Witcher 3

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Naaaaaaaaaaaah

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Given how I've seen dozens of people go "okay so I'm almost done with Witcher 3, right" and almost every time they're not even halfway done, I don't agree at all

Nobody has ever guessed where they're at in the overall arc of that game and even been close to correct, which I don't think means it's paced well

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    I got tired of it because I thought I was done like 4 times

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    That isn't exactly what I mean. I would contend that each part of Persona 5, with the problem becoming more pronounced the further you get into the game, is too long in and of itself. The pacing in the game, from the rate at which you are given "free days" to how long dungeons last, is possibly the worst part of it.

Whether or not Witcher 3 is overlong is a question worth asking, but no one part of it is actually so poorly paced as to affect enjoyment of it.

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Again disagree

Fucking dandelion

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    p5 was pretty poorly paced

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    It is difficult to make direct comparisons between them since they belong to different genres with very different storytelling conventions and different understandings of how much time should be invested in mechanics and how those mechanics should be structured and how that structure should relate to the storytelling. In fact, it's so difficult that to make a blanket statement about them is probably too reductive to be meaningful. But I'll do it anyway!

The biggest weakness of Persona 5 (outside of the -phobia and its use of sexual violence) is that all them dungeons are much too long, tiresomely long, and your freedom during your off days is much too constrained.

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    admanb wrote: »
    I... hate that.

Animoji are the fuckin' worst and I think if Apple really wants to make money they should sell the new iPhones at a discount and upcharge people to remove them

cdci44qazyo3.gif

This discussion has been closed.