As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Granblue Fantasy] free cats for everyone!!

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Lumi Omega dropped me another Chev Sword so with 1500 more pendants I'll have 3 of them MLB'd. Got one of them uncapped to Level 120, but missing materials for the rest of them.

Still, it's a long term thing, not immediate need otherwise I'll burn out with so much stuff to be doing. Current goal is to get the Water Seraphic to SSR before Xeno Ifrit shows up, so I'll probably lurk the raid finder to wanpan those to get the needed animas. Bahamut horn is gonna be entirely luck-based, Proto doesn't like dropping them too often.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Think I'll get another forty Antique Cloths before going back to Angel Halo.

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Sonelan wrote: »
    Man there are so many choices for this weapon ticket for the 5 year celebration. I am suffering from choice paralysis. On the plus side I got that gatchapin frenzy today. Downside was it was an earth bow I already had.

Finally finished the story for the event going on now that I caught up with the previous two. Man thats a pretty dang good story for a gacha game.
    If you're newish, I would generally recommend Grimnir Harp or Alex Axe, with the slight edge to the Harp. Both are useful at Level 100 and the Harp is a great MH for Elysian.

If for whatever reason you don't want either, Shiva Sword also works even at Level 100 and having one around for extra HP with a very slight damage loss is also workable.

All the other M2 choices require anima to uncap to be useful and everything else isn't -that- bad to farm out all things considered.

If you're primal Water and missed Fenrir you theoretically could take a Fimbul but it's kind of a waste. If you're very new I guess there's some appeal in taking a Xeno but it's kind of a waste from an opportunity cost perspective unless you are absolutely desperate for some immediate power and cannot wait for the Xenos to re-run.

My main teams are light and fire, and I'm trying to decide which weapons to pick.

Out of curiosity, is the reason you recommend the Shiva Sword over the True Infernal Flamescythe because the Shiva Sword has better compatibility as a mainhand for the MC classes?

Because right now I'm tempted to pick one of those or the True Purity Sunblade (I'm leaning toward the Sunblade right now, 'cuz light weapons always seem to be miserable to farm).
    M2 weapons are 4 months/16000 Prestige ignoring drop luck. It's just a tough long term grind.

A Xeno is 'mostly' just a miserable weekend's worth of work.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Man there are so many choices for this weapon ticket for the 5 year celebration. I am suffering from choice paralysis. On the plus side I got that gatchapin frenzy today. Downside was it was an earth bow I already had.

Finally finished the story for the event going on now that I caught up with the previous two. Man thats a pretty dang good story for a gacha game.
    If you're newish, I would generally recommend Grimnir Harp or Alex Axe, with the slight edge to the Harp. Both are useful at Level 100 and the Harp is a great MH for Elysian.

If for whatever reason you don't want either, Shiva Sword also works even at Level 100 and having one around for extra HP with a very slight damage loss is also workable.

All the other M2 choices require anima to uncap to be useful and everything else isn't -that- bad to farm out all things considered.

If you're primal Water and missed Fenrir you theoretically could take a Fimbul but it's kind of a waste. If you're very new I guess there's some appeal in taking a Xeno but it's kind of a waste from an opportunity cost perspective unless you are absolutely desperate for some immediate power and cannot wait for the Xenos to re-run.

My main teams are light and fire, and I'm trying to decide which weapons to pick.

Out of curiosity, is the reason you recommend the Shiva Sword over the True Infernal Flamescythe because the Shiva Sword has better compatibility as a mainhand for the MC classes?

Because right now I'm tempted to pick one of those or the True Purity Sunblade (I'm leaning toward the Sunblade right now, 'cuz light weapons always seem to be miserable to farm).
    M2 weapons are 4 months/16000 Prestige ignoring drop luck. It's just a tough long term grind.

Ah, yeah, that...is a pretty big difference, especially for an extremely casual player like me.

Shiva Blade it is, then!

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Gotta admit I'm not really feeling the appeal of Alanaan.

Light Ferry was already relegated to strike time only farming, his field effect is pretty mediocre (25% Normal Atk and -25% Def), and his cooldowns are massive. 4/12 uptime on this third skill basically reinforces the "strike time memes only" niche.

Don't really think I'd use him even if I did have him.

Still need to make SSR Sun because it's busted, but I don't see myself going further than 4*.

Maddoc on
  • Options
    BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular

Ah, yeah, that...is a pretty big difference, especially for an extremely casual player like me.

Shiva Blade it is, then!

For Fire you might consider ancient ecks as well. Not as bad as M2 (still bad) to grind for but (arguably) better in grid. Though Shiva blade actually adds defense unlike the ecks.

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular

I feel an urge to work on a sword spec fire team.

No specific reason, just want to see if it’s viable (I’m aware current meta is spear).

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Fire Sword is certainly still viable, lots of strong Sword units with the likes of Percival, Sturm, S Beatrix, Yuel, Therese, Lancelot+Vane

• Options
    Huh. Today's roll got me someone named Lunalu, who I didn't really take a look at earlier because I was on my phone, but now I'm seeing she's got mimicking abilities. If Facsimile can copy something like Threo's Ground Zero that'd really speed up Arcarum Extreme.

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Huh, I must have missed that they lowered exp needs for characters, because the gold book used to raise SSRs from 1-75, but now it’s doing 1-79, and stopping in the last half of the way to 80.

Very nice.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Somebody reset the game, and people lost spark-progress.

Madican wrote: »
    Huh. Today's roll got me someone named Lunalu, who I didn't really take a look at earlier because I was on my phone, but now I'm seeing she's got mimicking abilities. If Facsimile can copy something like Threo's Ground Zero that'd really speed up Arcarum Extreme.

Yeah, that's what she do.

Alanaan deals up to half a million plain damage every turn and is said to deal huge charge-attacks 8/12.

Ah, they fixed an error. Evolite was easier to obtain than intended.

PLA on
  • Options
    So apparently on Bellator route I am not supposed to ignore these Bloodhunters despite them only giving 18 Arcapoints per kill, because killing them all is how the rare is spawned. So I missed out on two spawns before I figured that one out, oh well.

Nothing on 20 rolls today, looking forward to seeing if Grimnir shows up for Flashfest though.

• Options
    I've gotten some good summons and neat characters. Uriel stands out.

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    how in the hell is evolite easy to obtain when you need 40k points and there's only one in the shop

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    I've gotten lucky on the roulette but only Lancelot and Sylph to show from it. And a lot of weapon stones and quartzs which is nice.

Gatchapan fever is a weird inversion on desires, hoping for SR crystal to pop up is an odd feeling.

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    I did it. I took the plunge and dropped 12 dama bars on my fire grid to 3* my two Ixaba and Crimson Finger. Once Flashfest hits I'll spark with whatever free draws I've earned and if I don't get any extra Agni copies, I'll drop 3 sunstone on him. I made my Erichthonius 4* thanks to the new pendant shop prices and am working on my Sword of Pallas.

Artereis on
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    how in the hell is evolite easy to obtain when you need 40k points and there's only one in the shop

they're referencing that there was more than one in the shop accidentally

liEt3nH.png
  • Options

They were unlimited.

• Options
    Artereis wrote: »
    I did it. I took the plunge and dropped 12 dama bars on my fire grid to 3* my two Ixaba and Crimson Finger. Once Flashfest hits I'll spark with whatever free draws I've earned and if I don't get any extra Agni copies, I'll drop 3 sunstone on him. I made my Erichthonius 4* thanks to the new pendant shop prices and am working on my Sword of Pallas.

I'm thinking about doing this with my three Ixaba soon. Gotta get an Erichthoniue next, already have a Fire Atma spear that will be upgraded to Ultima for mainhand use.

• Options
    Wait, "two times more RP/EXP" should be 300 %.

• Options
    When/if I go Primal it's gonna be Primal Light because most of my Grand stuff is in that element and I already have Zeus.

Seraphic Water SSR is coming along. Tried to do some raid finder for Gabriel raid but that fills up nigh-instantaneously so fat luck getting in one of those. Thankfully I only needed to advance the story about three chapters to unlock that free quest so I can do her raid daily for my own animas. The remaining tally is:

6 Cocytus Omega Anima
    2 Grani Anima
    6 Gabriel Anima
    16 Deluge Fragment

Thankfully with Showdowns now open whenever and same with Trials I can get two of those relatively easily. Soon!

• Options
    I am still tempted to grab a Gambateinn with the anniversary ticket, which would give me two Gamba and three Eden for a Light primal grid.

I don't have the Damascus to do both that and Fire right this second though, and getting a new character is more fun than a weapon.

• Options
    If I ever get enough Dama for a third primal, it will be light. I have an Eden and a Cert right now, so it's possible I'll get more weapons while I grind away at dama bars. The 6 I have left are reserved for Blue Spheres, though.

• Options
    edited March 2019
    I also have like three Certificus, but man primal sentence sucks

I guess I could probably toss one in there though

But then that's six weapons I gotta dama (Well, don't need to fully dama one Cert if I'm only using one, granted)

EDIT: Also forgot Certificus is a baller mainhand for Light Zerker. Maybe I should do that regardless.

Maddoc on
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    My fire team can kill Tiamat Omega solo now, even outside of Strike Time.

So that's cool!

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    My Strike Time omega solo kills are 100% propped up by my summons. Freyr especially.

• Options
    SonelanSonelan Registered User regular
    Man grinding up jobs and different charecters for different elements is a slog. Doing the halo thing over and over and it feels like it takes forever to get someone up to 80 or a row 3 job maxed out.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Jobs in Shiny Slime search on the weekend take minutes. Much better than in Angel Halo.

• Options
    Ahhh ok I'll try that. I think I have a decent water team now. Got Lancelot, Anne, and the Aquors second years for my frontline. Just need some summons and weapons to fill up.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Yeah Slimes are the way to go (the slang term is slimebusting). Normal slimes can just be auto-attacked, but special slimes take damage primarily only from charge attacks and summons.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    I will also just auto angel halo occasionally because I need ten bajillion whorls and orbs anyway, but yeah

• Options
    edited March 2019
    tBNlGeY.png?1

First Seraphic forged! Now I just need to skill it up and it'll be ready for Xeno Ifrit's descent pretty soon.

Edit: And there we go, Skill Level 10 and max level.

Madican on
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Arcarum also gives a lot of XP for class/character leveling, and is something that you will want to be doing a lot of anyways.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Figure next banner is gala?

• Options

It was a long time coming, the treasure hunt quests being taken off a limited timer was immensely useful for the colour scales.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Seems likely, Summer Yuel is supposed to come out this month, so also likely with that.

• Options
    Guaranteed to get gachapin frenzy today, so at least I can save it for the banner change (and then get a gold moon on the first 10 draw)

• Options
    Skilling seratmamuts always feels like a chore, so I keep leaving them half done for months.

• Options
    Man, up to ch.62 in the story now and these fights aren't very easy anymore. Dunno why but seems every boss fight I have to die at least once to be able to advance.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    IvanIssacsIvanIssacs Skull Leader SDF-1Registered User regular
    I have a gachapin saved up for tomorrow's banner change. Looking forward to that disappointment.

This discussion has been closed.