As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Please let these [Star Wars] stay...

• Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    my favourite will always be this one

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    that checks out

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    The headline I came up with was "In response to concerns about diversity in the Potterverse, JK Rowling announces that Voldemort is a Jew"

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    It sounds to me like they realllly didn't think this through. There is also the issue of turning Lando into a joke.

Like, Lando was the ONLY cool black scifi character for a really long damn time.

We can have a laugh at the expense of Corran Horn's Otter screwing, and Gavin Darklighter's furry escapades. Because those characters are bad, and its fun to enjoy bad characters.

You put that backstory on a well known black character and suddenly you've opened a new can of worms. I.e., well of course since a black man will screw anything.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    The new Star Wars writers absolutely want to write gay characters. Between Finn and Poe, then Chirrut and Baze, now Lando, they 100% are trying to write LGBT characters under the radar, and can’t get explicit thanks to either the directors, or lucasfilm/disney execs

• Options
    Maybe I'm just oblivious but I still don't see the Finn Poe thing, especially when Finn's entire arc is.

"That's cool, where's Rey tho?"

Sharing jackets is not a secret code last time I checked.

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    I’m not sure it’s in the writing, but I definitely feel Isaac is acting to it

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    it's less poe/finn and more "poe thinks finn is a cute boy and wants to smooch him"

if you don't see it, you don't see it, but the queer fandom didn't invent it whole cloth

it's mainly in how Oscar Isaac chooses to play him

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    To be fair, who wouldn't want to give Oscar Isaac a smooch?

• Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    It sounds to me like they realllly didn't think this through. There is also the issue of turning Lando into a joke.

Like, Lando was the ONLY cool black scifi character for a really long damn time.

We can have a laugh at the expense of Corran Horn's Otter screwing, and Gavin Darklighter's furry escapades. Because those characters are bad, and its fun to enjoy bad characters.

You put that backstory on a well known black character and suddenly you've opened a new can of worms. I.e., well of course since a black man will screw anything.

Gavin darklighter is not bad you philistine

• Options
    I categorically refuse to accept the proposition that corran horn is a bad character

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    I would put a big "WOAH THERE BUDDY" on proposing that pansexuality - a sexuality that exists in the real world and does not mean "fucks otters" - is inherently a joke

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Shorty wrote: »
    I categorically refuse to accept the proposition that corran horn is a bad character

He would have been running that Jedi Academy if it wasn't for that crybaby Luke Skywalker.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited May 2018
    I'm not here to make judgements because I haven't read the relevant books, but Darklighter's wookiepdeia summary being that he had a nearly identical origin story to Luke is not a good look

Also Bothans are Worgen I guess? I always thought they were insectoid.

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    Bothans have always been goat-type folks, afaik. They used to look much more humanoid though, before star wars galaxies.

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    They're more dog than goat in terms of appearance.

• Options
    Elbasunu wrote: »
    Bothans have always been goat-type folks, afaik. They used to look much more humanoid though, before star wars galaxies.

nah they always looked like this, check out the cover of specter of the past:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Specter_of_the_Past

• Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    I'm not here to make judgements because I haven't read the relevant books, but Darklighter's wookiepdeia summary being that he had a nearly identical origin story to Luke is not a good look

I mean his origin story is that he's Biggs' brother.

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Smols Darklighter.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    alternatively: Bigger Biggs theory.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    Bloods End wrote: »

Cousin!

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Mysst wrote: »
    Bloods End wrote: »

Cousin!

Let's go bowling!

• Options
    ugh, again with the bowling

• Options
    edited May 2018
    Oh yeah, bowling!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzeNuQ4K8WE
    It has a Stormtrooper bowling, so it's even Star Wars-related.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    TairuTairu Registered User regular
    Maybe I'm just oblivious but I still don't see the Finn Poe thing, especially when Finn's entire arc is.

"That's cool, where's Rey tho?"

Sharing jackets is not a secret code last time I checked.

wouldn't be a great secret code if everyone knew it

• Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    Elbasunu wrote: »

nah they always looked like this, check out the cover of specter of the past:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Specter_of_the_Past

THe 98 visual encyclopedia used this art:

215676-96616-borsk-fey-lya.jpg

I remember there being a whole thing about it when SWG was coming out. "Which way are bothans gonna look?!"

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    huh, weird

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Started messing around with the mobile version of KOTOR I got on sale back on May 4th. The interface is very good, that might be the way I finally finish that game.

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Started messing around with the mobile version of KOTOR I got on sale back on May 4th. The interface is very good, that might be the way I finally finish that game.

Phone or tablet?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Brody wrote: »

Phone or tablet?

Phone, but the 5T I have is basically a phablet.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Fact: you can say "jizz wailers" on tv!

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Just got back from a Star Wars Trivia contest run by the American pup quiz people.

I last did one when Rouge One came out and we got 2nd place. I felt good about it since my team was myself and my friend. Two people. We lost to a team of five.

This time there were 23 teams. Me and my friend only people on our team. We got second place. Lost to a team of five.

Still feel real good about it.

Went into the the final at 5th place. Question was to put the people in the order they went into the trash compactor. We knew it instantly and went all in on the betting and scored 2nd.

Highlight was ending with over double the points as a team of ten people next to us.
    Answer is 1. Leia, 2. Chewie, 3. Luke, 4. Han

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    James Mangold is writing and will direct a Star Wars standalone movie centered on Boba Fett, the feared bounty hunter and fan favorite character, The Hollywood Reporter has exclusively learned.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Oh my God

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I AM DOWN

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    <Austin Walker Voice> huh </Austin Walker Voice>

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    this is fine

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    I am almost as disinterested in a Boba Fett movie as I was with the announcement of a Han Solo movie.

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I've definitely been a vocal "Boba Fett sucks" person in the past

But recently I've started to realize that that viewpoint is boring, and so now I'm of the mindset that Boba Fett hasn't been cool, but he could and should be

So yeah, sign me up for a good Boba Fett movie

This discussion has been closed.