• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    what hell was this flan created in

latest?cb=20140221141314
    j/k it's xaquin's

I was going to post exactly what you put in your spoiler

update: it's been in the oven for an hour at 325 and is soupy

This recipe: https://www.thespruce.com/caramel-flan-individual-servings-2343004 is hot garbage

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I found some popcorn and some gummy cinnamon lips

Bought a fancy bag and some tissue paper and a card

Seeing her tonight

This is fun

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    what hell was this flan created in

latest?cb=20140221141314
    j/k it's xaquin's

I was going to post exactly what you put in your spoiler

update: it's been in the oven for an hour at 325 and is soupy

This recipe: https://www.thespruce.com/caramel-flan-individual-servings-2343004 is hot garbage

i am sorry you have fashioned the antichrist in your oven-machine :cry:

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    I love you all

Edit: Valentine's Day may be saved!

hsa2v4jkdrsa.jpg

Hey hey!

Xaquin on
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    Page 100 is the perfect time to complain about trying to land a dinner reservation for my birthday, which was yesterday, during ANY POINT of the week or weekends surrounding Valentine's.

Love: Literally The Worst

• Options
    Page 100 is the perfect time to complain about trying to land a dinner reservation for my birthday, which was yesterday, during ANY POINT of the week or weekends surrounding Valentine's.

My niece's birthday was yesterday as was my girlfriends oldest daughter!

• Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »

My niece's birthday was yesterday as was my girlfriends oldest daughter!

They will know my pain

also happy birthday to them!

• Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    I got my husband bite sized chocolate brownies for V-Day, because he loves brownies.

He got me a standing rib roast, because I am a carnivore.

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Happy birthday for yesterday, @NightDragon

• Options

my bf was born ON Valentine's Day so every year I make sure to tell him 'fuck you'.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular

As a perennial single person, trying to find something to distract me from my crippling loneliness on Valentines Day is a nightmare. There is nowhere in the city not beseiged by couples. Can't imagine trying to actually celebrate something.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular

As a perennial single person, trying to find something to distract me from my crippling loneliness on Valentines Day is a nightmare. There is nowhere in the city not beseiged by couples. Can't imagine trying to actually celebrate something.

The shitty remake of My Bloody Valentine with Jensen Ackles is currently streaming free on Prime

You know, if you need something to do

• Options
    When I was single on valentines day I just played video games and gorged myself on discounted candy

worked out well except for my cholesterol

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular

That's gotta be the second worst birthday right behind Xmas.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Huh, I actually forgot it's Valentine's Day

Finally, a reason to eat a lot of chocolate while I play video games

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    I got the kids Valentine cards and a small box of chocolate each

The cards cost 5 x what the chocolates did (they DID love their cards, though)

Niko's a chocolate fanatic like me and at first he tried to take both boxes

Anyway, later he started screeching like a pterodactyl, really loudly, and he wouldn't cease, so I threatened to eat one of his chocolates. And he didn't stop screeching, so since I'm pretty hot on always sticking to my word (for good or bad), I began to eat one of his chocolates. And he just stared at me, then started screech-laughing, and I ate it all and he just laughed and screeched alternately

Anyway I guess he doesn't love chocolate as much as I thought because 2-year-old me would not have let my mom eat my chocolate under any circumstances

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    At what point do you alcohol?

• Options
    Cello wrote: »

Pft, like reasons are needed for that.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Oh yeah forgot about this fun little interaction. Had to stop at the grocery store this morning to pick up some stuff for a work potluck and the cashier looks at my selections and says "what, no flowers?"

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Oh yeah forgot about this fun little interaction. Had to stop at the grocery store this morning to pick up some stuff for a work potluck and the cashier looks at my selections and says "what, no flowers?"

WTF

A pox on them!

• Options

"sorry, my s.o. only likes cashier blood .... when's your shift over?"

• Options

Wow.

• Options
    She very clearly thought she was being friendly. She did not think that one through at all

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    This is the love thread, but you know what, I'm gonna talk about it anyways

The Jensen Ackles remake of My Bloody Valentine (or My Bloody Valentine 3D) is one of the weirdest horror remakes

The entire thing essentially requires that you have seen and remember the plot of the original movie, which was released somewhere around thirty years earlier

They change the plot of the movie to be a commentary on the plot of the original movie (and switch up some twists) and it leads to some things being downright nonsensical if you haven't seen the original

I watched it last week with someone who had never seen either film before and I tried to explain some of this and I'm certain I sounded like an absolute madman in the process

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    "I ate them already"

Broke as fuck and the bills past due, all amounts assist and are kindly received.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Straightzi wrote: »

The Jensen Ackles remake of My Bloody Valentine (or My Bloody Valentine 3D) is one of the weirdest horror remakes

The entire thing essentially requires that you have seen and remember the plot of the original movie, which was released somewhere around thirty years earlier

They change the plot of the movie to be a commentary on the plot of the original movie (and switch up some twists) and it leads to some things being downright nonsensical if you haven't seen the original

I watched it last week with someone who had never seen either film before and I tried to explain some of this and I'm certain I sounded like an absolute madman in the process

wow i'm gonna watch that tonight then. the original was stupid awful but still fun to watch

so many neck scarves

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    Oh the remake is still a gory delight that never ceases to remind you that it was originally screened in 3D (it was the first horror movie to be released in the modern 3D style and oh man it shows)

• Options
    Straightzi wrote: »

I'm pretty into that idea even if the execution makes it pretty much a no-go for me

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Cello wrote: »

Over here, we call that every day. 8-)

sig.gif
  • Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Final Flantasy?

Out of the pool.
    Juggernut wrote: »
    The Flan-ti Christ

... I'll allow it

Einzel on
  • Options
    Oh god, this turned out flantastic!

9p0miodpxkut.jpg

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    How appropriate that we kill another Love thread on Valentine's Day.

The Love thread is dead! Long live the Love thread!

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Happy flanentines day everyone

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Merry flantulence to one and to all

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I am honored that you all chose to ride out my love thread with absolutely terrible puns.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    How appropriate that we kill another Love thread on Valentine's Day.

The Love thread is dead! Long live the Love thread!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=HeLlgxEpq_s

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    The real flan was the friends we made along the way.

• Options
    We made our friends into flan along the way.

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    The real flan monsters were the friends we made along the way.

This discussion has been closed.