As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

They are [Chat]ions!!!

19495969798100»

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    When did NDT go from "everyone's favorite nerd" to "insufferable douche"

Or was he always like that and I just didn't notice

He's always been both, which is strange

Like he can flip the switch in an instant, be a prick for 3 minutes, then switch right back

He's just got a few character flaws that make him wanna be the "most technically correct" guy or something, I don't know

What he's done to encourage the study of astrophysics is huge, but he's been wrong often enough that you'd think he'd be humbled

And yet

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2018
    To start, it's about as environmentally unsustainable as possible. Everything is sent to build the recipe and nothing more, which isn't how most ingredients come, and all of it is packaged in tons of plastic baggies. The one time we tried it the bags of chicken opened and got the juice everywhere, effectively ruining the order.

It's also expensive. I understand they are negotiating a time vs. money thing, but I can't see a situation in which this makes sense for anyone besides those who can afford to eat out most nights but want the novel experience of cooking without really learning anything.

Vanguard on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    legend of lonk breadth of the wild spoilers

xchwpfnjdeq5.jpg

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    I actually hate Neil deGrasse Tyson. Not like irony "haha I hate him he's so funny / right." I mean I think he's a piece of shit.

right

i'll bite

why
    All I ever see come out of him is like dunking on people having fun or enjoying things.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Everything he ever says or types should start with, "Not that anybody’s asked, but"

Not that anybody's asked, but...

I think Henroid is a good poster.
    Nobody said as such in the holiday appreciation thread, and it's a good thing too because I either shitpost or ask-for-help post.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    i did like that everything in blue apron's packaging was recyclable

i didn't like the fact i did all the work and paid 4x the cost of the ingredients as it would have been to just go buy them myself

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Everything he ever says or types should start with, "Not that anybody’s asked, but"

Nobody said as such in the holiday appreciation thread, and it's a good thing too because I either shitpost or ask-for-help post.

Wait, i didn't tag you?

Gah, i knew i would forget a ton of people. I'm sorry. :(

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    legend of lonk breadth of the wild spoilers

xchwpfnjdeq5.jpg

I think this is my favorite version of this meme.

• Options

Wait, i didn't tag you?

Gah, i knew i would forget a ton of people. I'm sorry. :(
    No it's a good thing you didn't tag me, seriously :P

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

He was kind of always like that.

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    To start, it's about as environmentally unsustainable as possible. Everything is sent to build the recipe and nothing more, which isn't how most ingredients come, and all of it is packaged in tons of plastic baggies. The one time we tried it the bags of chicken opened and got the juice everywhere, effectively ruining the order.

It's also expensive. I understand they are negotiating a time vs. money thing, but I can't see a situation in which this makes sense for anyone besides those who can afford to eat out most nights but want the novel experience of cooking without really learning anything.

Dunno about in the US but a ton of the UK versions of these things do hefty introductory discounts, to the point where if you try them for a week or two it's actually cheaper than buying the ingredients

That made sense to me, but as a long term thing? Nah

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »

He was always this way. But before twitter ruined the world it was less obvious.

Twitter is good, actually.

Proof: I can send a lewd drawing to all 5 people who follow me on there.

net. good.

Also broar with his anime ass mousepad videos

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    I actually hate Neil deGrasse Tyson. Not like irony "haha I hate him he's so funny / right." I mean I think he's a piece of shit.

right

i'll bite

why
    All I ever see come out of him is like dunking on people having fun or enjoying things.

Ah, yes, this definitely deserves hate. He 100% is a piece of shit. How silly of me

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular

Well, I mean, you can say this about any of the great science communicators

Carl Sagan, Bill Nye, Richard Feynman

"Not that anybody asked, but space is really really big!"
    "Not that anybody asked, but there are billions and billions of stars."
    "Not that anybody asked, but quantum physics is absurd to common sense, but that's what nature is."

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    Vanguard wrote: »

Dunno about in the US but a ton of the UK versions of these things do hefty introductory discounts, to the point where if you try them for a week or two it's actually cheaper than buying the ingredients

That made sense to me, but as a long term thing? Nah

They have to; their target demo thinks that the time and money investment doesn't make cooking worth it so they just order out. But this is an audience that just doesn't fundamentally understand meal planning and how you buy ingredients that lead to multiple meals.

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    I tried one of blue apron's competitors for a while and it was an expensive mediocre experience

I'm talking a deep rich vein of mediocrity

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options

right

i'll bite

why

Ah, yes, this definitely deserves hate. He 100% is a piece of shit. How silly of me
    You're really attached to him, I didn't realize. I'm sorry, I guess.

• Options
    kedinik wrote: »
    I tried one of blue apron's competitors for a while and it was an expensive mediocre experience

I'm talking a deep rich vein of mediocrity

the platonic ideal of mediocre in institutional beige coloring

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This thread is no longer active, and will be recycled.
    On average, this thread was blasting along at warp 1.8

@Vanguard will create the new thread
    @knitdan is backup

This discussion has been closed.