Options

[Snow]: A Four Letter Word

2456720

Posts

  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    If you've got rats and you've got owls, you're all set. All you need to do is learn owlry, the legendary art of nocturnal falconry.

    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I can lend you our dog, she loves killing rats and since we finally caved in and used poison she has none left to chase.

  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Plus we get to hang out with dog! Win win!

  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Ah yes must remember to shovel the back as well so my 5" high dog can get out there to shit

    Guess how I was reminded

  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    The steep road in front of my house is a sheet of ice and it's not supposed to be above freezing for 7 more days

    Hmmmm =/

  • Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    It wasn't snowing here. The cold was the worst, but at least it was clear.
    Now it is snowing. The one day we've got to drive somewhere.

    If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Snow I can handle, snow is no big deal most of the time.

    It's the bone chilling cold that's the literal worst thing about winter for me.

    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    I presume your last wishes are to be cremated on the marge of Lake Lebarge?

    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    Snow I can handle, snow is no big deal most of the time.

    It's the bone chilling cold that's the literal worst thing about winter for me.

    Cold has never caused $2,500 worth of damage to any vehicle I've owned. Cold I can handle through layers and heavier clothing. Snow is far more impactful for me, since I have to drive almost every single day. And no matter how carefully I drive when needed, it doesn't do anything to keep me from being hit by someone who doesn't understand how to drive in a snowstorm. Or help me when a drive that should normally take 1 hour takes 2.5 because it's not safe to drive more than about 10-15 mph and people have spun off the road all over the place.

  • Options
    ReginaldReginald When I am Pres., I will create the Department of ______Registered User regular
    Tomorrows high temperature in Des Moines: -4 deg F, or -20 C. With the wind it will be somewhere around -20 F, or -29 C. The snow is beautiful though.

  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    k6tl4ttn4dff.png

  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Ketar wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    Snow I can handle, snow is no big deal most of the time.

    It's the bone chilling cold that's the literal worst thing about winter for me.

    Cold has never caused $2,500 worth of damage to any vehicle I've owned. Cold I can handle through layers and heavier clothing. Snow is far more impactful for me, since I have to drive almost every single day. And no matter how carefully I drive when needed, it doesn't do anything to keep me from being hit by someone who doesn't understand how to drive in a snowstorm. Or help me when a drive that should normally take 1 hour takes 2.5 because it's not safe to drive more than about 10-15 mph and people have spun off the road all over the place.

    It was ice for me I think, so more cold than snow that caused that damage for me. Partially me not being careful enough.

    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    Ketar wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    Snow I can handle, snow is no big deal most of the time.

    It's the bone chilling cold that's the literal worst thing about winter for me.

    Cold has never caused $2,500 worth of damage to any vehicle I've owned. Cold I can handle through layers and heavier clothing. Snow is far more impactful for me, since I have to drive almost every single day. And no matter how carefully I drive when needed, it doesn't do anything to keep me from being hit by someone who doesn't understand how to drive in a snowstorm. Or help me when a drive that should normally take 1 hour takes 2.5 because it's not safe to drive more than about 10-15 mph and people have spun off the road all over the place.

    It was ice for me I think, so more cold than snow that caused that damage for me. Partially me not being careful enough.

    I've had snow/ice induced accidents too, even when driving extremely carefully and a lifetime of experience driving like this. Sometimes there's just nothing you can do. So between that and hating having to shovel, I'll take cold over snow.

  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I'll still take 80+ degree F year round temp any day over either

    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    Cold is so much worse when you have kids that are too young to understand that gloves and mittens actually keep your hands warm. I have to fight to get a coat on..

    If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • Options
    ReginaldReginald When I am Pres., I will create the Department of ______Registered User regular
    I remember in Los Angeles when it was like 55 and raining, and I was sooooo cold. I'd take that over this shit any day.

  • Options
    MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    We only have a little bit of snow, but temperatures are in the teens and fuck this. I'm running away to Tahiti.

    ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Here's the view from the car window currently


    6617cn5dnjdq.jpg

  • Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Cold is so much worse when you have kids that are too young to understand that gloves and mittens actually keep your hands warm. I have to fight to get a coat on..

    Mine are 6 and 3. Having to fight over dressing warmly is long in the past. Dealing with tracked in snow, salvaging things dropped in snow that shouldn't have been, and having to change clothes multiple times a day because they soak themselves playing outside is going to be frustrating for years to come.

  • Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    I found my gloves.

    Hooray.

    I'm getting arthritis for sure my hands seize up something fierce in the cold now.

  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Had to dig our way out of house this morning, wee
    https://youtu.be/755JM65KZSk

    Car itself
    gmwtqdq5v7h9.jpg

    Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Fuuuuuuck that. Unless you have nowhere to be until it melts then Woohoo!

    Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Sitting in an airport 2 hours after my flight was supposed to leave because there’s too much damn snow at my destination (Calgary).

    Snow is terrible.

  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    There is maybe two or three inches of snow here. My new landlord's son is probably not going to clean any of it off the parking lot or the sidewalk.

  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    webguy20 wrote: »
    Fuuuuuuck that. Unless you have nowhere to be until it melts then Woohoo!

    Ya no I was digging my way out to go deliver in it for the last 12 hours woo! heh.

    ( I'm an old snow driving pro tho and am smart about, have a 4wd and proper winters etc, and used to drive cab on the ice road back in my younger days)

    Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    It's currently -14 here, and the snowpack on the roads is now iced over.

    Fuck snow and fuck cold.

    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    It's gonna warm up here and get to 0C on Thursday.

    It's also gonna snow and then plummet to -23 or so a few days later, so I'm expecting a lot of really lovely iced up snow melt to deal with next week.

  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Had a tractor trailer jackknife in front of me this morning down a moderately steep hill because they didn't want to do the 30mph speed limit and thought they were immune to slush and snow.

    Fun times.

    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    We're having nearly 2 weeks of single-digit weather here in Maryland and no godamn snow. At least fucking snow if you're gonna be this godamn fucking cold! This is bullshit!

    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    We're having nearly 2 weeks of single-digit weather here in Maryland and no godamn snow. At least fucking snow if you're gonna be this godamn fucking cold! This is bullshit!

    Nah. Once it gets that cold AND you have snow, it makes it brutal to find stuff that will actually melt that snow without destroying (1) concrete (2) the environment (3) everything else. Also then you get snow that melts in the sun and refreezes into solid ice blocks. That don't go away until July. The roads are completely destroyed from plows and salt when it snows, and that causes surprise pot holes. That they can't fill when there's still snow everywhere.

    Everything is awful

    Especially Boston

  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Supposed to be taking my 7 year old to a concert in DC Friday night

    Forecast is 5 degrees and 20+ mph wind =/

  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Looks like we're getting 5 to 8 inches here on Thursday

    The bright side is that Thursday is my day off so I can stay inside

    The downside is that Thursday is my day off and I have to stay inside

  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I was going to go hunt deer with my bow on Friday. It's supposed to be 0, with 25 mph winds. Nope

  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    61 degrees

    sixty

    one

    degrees

    It was on Saturday yesterday it was a fun 34F

    I miss the snow the magic of fluffy frozen water.
    The blanket of snow as it covers the ground undisturbed

    I really do miss it

  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    hey, East Coasters, be safe with this storm that's coming.

  • Options
    Sir PlatypusSir Platypus Registered User regular
    I'm very much hoping there's no precipitation at all of the next couple of weeks.

    I'm currently house sitting near a lake, so there's already a bit more humidity. While having a ton of snow is rare here, roads icing over is a bit more of a problem, and last year I had the most terrifying experience of driving down the neighborhood's main road with absolutely no traction over a layer of ice.

    Good lord it's a pretty affluent neighborhood, yet the road was completely untouched. No layer of snow, just completely ice.

  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    hey, East Coasters, be safe with this storm that's coming.

    *checks forecast*

    *still 0% chance of snow*

    :x

    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    -20c this weekend with that snow weeeeeeeeeeee :rotate:

    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    It warmed up to -10c, but now it's snowing.

    :bigfrown:

  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Welp today was my first and probably last day back in the office for the week since Boston's about to get properly walloped.

Sign In or Register to comment.