As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Snow]: A Four Letter Word

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Meanwhile today is almost spring temperatures, but I'm so used to winter that instead of feeling happy I'm apprehensive. Im not sure what's going on, but I don't trust it.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I can't trust it because the last time I did it went from 65 to 28 in the span of 3 hours and then it shit 2 feet of snow.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    It was 70 degrees in Chicago yesterday. Took the kids to the playground, saw the ice cream truck for the first time this year, and all that good stuff. Sunday is supposed to be a high of 39 with snow at some point. Lows in the mid-twenties on Sunday and Monday.

Sigh.

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    This is the last of the snow on my yard

RG33ZH9.jpg

At least until tomorrow, when from saturday to sunday we're supposed to get about 15cm of snow.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    My yard is still mostly snow.

If it warms up enough I think I going to spray my deck clear because there is a bunch of dog shit mixed in with the snow on my deck

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    Gonna drive out there and throw a snowball at you if you keep it up DC.

Bring it.

I got a bunch of kids who want one last snowball fight before summer.
    Me this afternoon: So uh, I might have challenged some guy on Penny Arcade to a snowball fight, you ready?
    #1 kid: You what??? Daaaaad I don't even want any more snow....

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    Hey @NightDragon, did you hear that? It's gonna snow in Boston. NIIIIIIGHTDRAAAGON!!! Can you hear me down there in warm, sunny Texas???

@DisruptedCapitalist

...hmm? Did you say something?

kmjrwmzkoodz.jpg

• Options
    Raw ConcreteRaw Concrete Registered User regular
    Uhoh, a low of 48F. Best not put up the blankets just yet!

Oh, come and shake me 'till I'm dry
  • Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    I don't mind the temperature swinging between high 60s and low 40s every day, or even that it's dumped snow on us several nights this week. It's the bonkers wind that's really killing me. I'm tired of having to dodge high velocity debris every time I step outside.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    Wait

Is that how they actually display the weather in texas? Because if so I'm jealous.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Yes

We also get free ice cream on Sundays

• Options
    Yo what the fuck?

• Options
    Yeah it's pretty sweet, you just want to avoid staying outside during a salsa rain

unless it's just like, mild

• Options
    If I'm reading that right, the week of April 23 will be happy dogs and stock photo dancing-in-the-sunflowers days.

So. Jealous.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    Yeah it's pretty sweet, you just want to avoid staying outside during a salsa rain

unless it's just like, mild

Alright chico, what have you done with ND?

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Well it was very high winds all day Thursday and Friday so there was a lot of dust and dirt in the air
    It's clamed down now but it's still nasty out

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    The twin cities are now under a blizzard warning.

In the middle of fucking April.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    yeah. Some years, by this time in April plants are already starting to grow, we might even get a few freak days that feel almost like summer. 20C, sunny, you could wear shorts.

Right now, though.... everything outside is literally encased in ice. It is miserable out. This is brutal

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Yeah we've had snow in april before. Usually just once and then it goes away and dosent really stick on the ground.

It looks like December outside today. And it was raining and freezing yesterday so Im guessing its going to be heck to drive on.

But what really pisses me off is my coat zipper broke in February. And I couldn't get a new one because they clearenced out the big sizes, but it was warming up so I figured id be fine till next season! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    This should be it here. Everyday after today is at least 40 degrees and next week its supposed to hit 60.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    It was 85f here yesterday

Tonight it will be around the mid 30s

50 degree swings in 24 hours suck. At least it isn't snowing though

• Options
    tynic wrote: »
    Woooo snowing

it's 34 and raining here

I'm not sure which is better.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I just has to shovel my car off.

Fuck this.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    I'm in Worcester today. Snowing pretty heavy here.

• Options
    edited April 2018
    I'm not shoveling any of this shit. It will melt away in a couple days.

I've already summerized the snow blower.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    I am in the middle of a god damn ice storm

in mid-April

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular

"It's basically just an auger that breaks up snow and forces it into an output chute at high velocity."

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Jedoc wrote: »

"It's basically just an auger that breaks up snow and forces it into an output chute at high velocity."

Exactly

• Options
    Masamune42Masamune42 Registered User regular
    I... What is this? Have a nice breakfast to help my hangover and it's snowing? This is garbage!

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Was walking around in a t-shirt the other day and now we're supposed to get more snow, wheeeee

• Options
    It's been snowing all day but there's barely an inch on my car.

• Options
    Mr. ButtonsMr. Buttons Registered User regular
    Central WI looks like it's nearing the end of the storm. Probably 2, 2-1/2 feet since Friday night. Most of it during the night so I could wake up surprised. Poor snowblower couldn't handle it, cheap little single stage plastic auger. Gonna upgrade during the summer.
    Out of milk, still have plenty of beer.

• Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    I was supposed to play Starfinder Society both yesterday and today, but both got cancelled because the Twin Cities roads are currently a massive snow clusterFUBAR and, you know, they don't want people to DIE.

Which, you know, I get what they're saying, but I have a fucking Subaru and can get to games fine. So get over here and roll some goddamn dice, nerds!

• Options
    The power keeps going out in my neighbourhood because of the freezing rain :(

• Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    The train this morning.... I can handle show. It's the freezing rain/ slushy snow that kills. My poor 4 year old daughter was miserable getting to school.. and I'm still soaking wet 2 hours later

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • Options
    My driveway was completely clear by the time I got home from work.

• Options
    I was too lazy to shovel my driveway

so I just backed up, built up some speed and powered my way up

I didn't buy snow tires for nothing!

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    I worked from home because the fresh snow from yesterday wasn't all clear, but the temperature today and the plows and it's pretty clear right now. Dreading the icing from overnight slightly.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    there is SO much shitty awful snow today, we got a big friggin' snowstorm

but it made for a decent selfie