As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

King Gizzard and the Lizard [chat]

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I wonder if anyone's gonna take up the mantle of doing MCC's PA and treehouse (and now reddit?) GOTY poll this year.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    I assume you labeled the one "long gun" as a joke, but you accidentally labeled it sorta correctly with a real term.

Well, yeah, how else could you describe a long gun?

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    BeNarwhal wrote: »

It's just silly and unrealistic, little girl! Have better dreams!

i mean the atmospheric pressure alone

What's your friggin' plan, little girl? The darn thing has more in common with the Sun than it does with Earth! Are you going to try and live on the Sun next, you stupid child?! :P

• OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    Breath of the Wild came close to being one of my favorite games ever but it just barely fell short.

I wish I'd gotten to play Horizon Zero Dawn more.

I think my GOTY might be Cuphead.

Possibly Opus Magnum?

The game I fell in love with in 2017 wasn't a 2017 release, though: Ori and the Blind Forest.

Hm, maybe I will buy Cuphead.

Games I really enjoyed this year:
    • Prey, if people saw me stream this, you remember my screams at flailing at each object that even slightly moved or wiggled. MIMICS EVERYWHERE.
    • NioH - best combat, the end.
    • Resident Evil 7 and it's DLC, this is my spoopiest game of the year because of the evil murder man who chases you like a backwoods T800 for the first half
    • Sherlock Holmes games (sadly ineligible, too good also not new)
    • WHAT REMAINS OF EDITH FINCH
    • XCOM 2 War of the Chosen
    • I suppose I have to add PUBG because we won duos last night and it was the best thing ever

Honorable mention to Persona 5 which I loved but have not beaten and The Evil Within 2 which is quite good.

p.s. everyone play What Remains of Edith Finch.

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    man my stomach has been fucked all day

god damned week old brie

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    My thesis is due for submission in two and a half weeks, friends

I am freaking out a little bit!

Mostly because my supervisors are on break until next week and that leaves me with a bit under a week to determine if I'll need to file for an extension or if this really is it

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    maybe 2018 is the year i give up food

• japanjapan Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    This is how a herd acts, and herds are stupid. You can chase a herd of buffalo off a cliff. We're better than that! I ain't running just 'cause Gary got spooked by something.

Advice known to mountain bikers everywhere:

You don't ride through the middle of a group of sheep, because if one spooks and runs, the rest will run in the same direction

Meaning at least half of them are now charging towards you

• OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular

My girlfriend has been periodically asking if I've eaten that day so if I can, you can.

I'm going to be the Gordon Ramsey of children's imaginations

• Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    y2b9nswbtqmn.png

Trigger discipline

VRXwDW7.png

My girlfriend has been periodically asking if I've eaten that day so if I can, you can.

i mean losing 35lbs has done wonders for it looking like i have actual muscles under my skin

what if i lose 235lbs

think of the muscles

oh I forgot about PC games

Dead Cells is super good but unfunished.

Duke 2.0 wrote: »
    y2b9nswbtqmn.png

Trigger discipline

this is a thing that always bothered me in tv and movies and i am proud to say that like three of my exes heard me complain about it so much that they started spotting it as well

i'm noticing it has gotten a lot better over the last few years though

i mean losing 35lbs has done wonders for it looking like i have actual muscles under my skin

what if i lose 235lbs

this is sound and I can find no flaws. proceed with operation THINNER.

yes like the movie, no not like the novella

• BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    My thesis is due for submission in two and a half weeks, friends

I am freaking out a little bit!

Mostly because my supervisors are on break until next week and that leaves me with a bit under a week to determine if I'll need to file for an extension or if this really is it

@simonwolf You've got this. :bro:

Give me a shout if you need a proofreader or just some crunch-time motivation or whatever.

• VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    also i made fresh paparadelle to go with my bolognese tonight

vangirl is demanding seconds

fuck i'm hungry already castle this will never work

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Hollow Knight was a pretty dope game from 2017. And yeah Breath of the Wild too.

There was this Metroidvania game, The Mummy Demastered, that was shockingly good. It was the officially licensed game for that shitty Mummy remake, only it didn't have Tom Cruise and you just played as soldiers.

• AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    in my quest to find socks I don't hate and flush with christmas cash, I have ordered two pairs from Darn Tough

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
    ahem, after seeing page 1 and being told to google ass mousepad... I found "anime soft buttocks 3d mousepad"

but it is Mei's boobies

I have been bamboozled.

Aioua wrote: »
    in my quest to find socks I don't hate and flush with christmas cash, I have ordered two pairs from Darn Tough

Happy Socks are good brand IMO. I get compliments on them on the reg.

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular

what if i lose 235lbs
    2R6q0Fu.jpg
    Agree with my posts

fuck i'm hungry already castle this will never work

eat the fat on your body

• AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular

I have some from them

I feel like they fall apart too fast and/or don't stay up on my legs

I have like, weirdly shaped legs with corrosive footsweat, apparently

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    HYOUw1Hl.jpg

I've made a list of things to do before moving. It is dauntingly large.

And the cleaning part will suuuuuuuuuuck.

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    cB557 wrote: »
    I assume you labeled the one "long gun" as a joke, but you accidentally labeled it sorta correctly with a real term.

Well, yeah, how else could you describe a long gun?

gevær

ftOqU21.png
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I also have been doing a weird amount of not-eating

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    Variable wrote: »
    I also have been doing a weird amount of not-eating

maybe we've all come down with something

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Oh it's the Year of the Cyborg Android.

• VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Henroid wrote: »

the chinese zodiac got real weird

I have some from them

I feel like they fall apart too fast and/or don't stay up on my legs

I have like, weirdly shaped legs with corrosive footsweat, apparently

what part falls apart? when your toe talons dig through the front or when your sandstone heel skin rubs the bottom off?

you gotta get those talons under control

• knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I do not have any super sweet stories of smooches

Last night the nurse kicked my chair and said "Happy New Year!" though.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    I'm eating RIGHT NOW

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »

Synthetic-American, please

• NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Sock it to me

Sandstone heel skin is right and proper, and my socks should be build to endure it

It snowed in Austin. Like quite a bit.

This discussion has been closed.