Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

King Gizzard and the Lizard [chat]

1888991939499

Posts

  • AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Aioua wrote: »
    the downfall to swag bags came a bit earlier than that, though

    had a year where there was so much shit in the bags, with weird shapes, that it was a nightmare getting them stuffed

    so after that things had to meet certain dimensions, like if you wanted a shirt in there it'd need to be pre-folded and bagged etc

    The only swag I miss are the magic decks. It was nice just having some pre-built ones to play folks with while waiting for things.

    yeah wizards used to be pretty solid in handing those out and then they just... stopped

    life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
    Hahnsoo1Mazzyx
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. 5386-8443-8937Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    in fact, I think PAX East 2015 was a kind of turning point year for PAX just in general.

    How so

  • descdesc bare man are locked in Registered User regular
    if you're not even going to bribe me with a sack of tchotchkes while I stand in line to play your beta test for ten minutes then you're not even trying to win my heart

    Delmain
  • NecoNeco Vapid and Shallow Registered User regular
    Current events I think are having a huge effect on me, What with the nightmares and the feeling of impending doom, moresi than normal I mean.

  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    i am reasonably confident that a majority of Canadians believe that police have to read them their rights

    in fact Canadians don't even have a right to counsel during police interrogations, I believe, which seems problematic

    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I fucking hate you Canadians.
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »
    I get the impression "We Happy Few" is in development hell.

    development hell is more of a pre-production/getting passed around before development ever starts in earnest anywhere kind of thing

    ftOqU21.png
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    Canadian gun law is byzantine as fuck

    Evil MultifariousBeNarwhaloverride367
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    I liked the little bit of We Happy Few that I saw, although the gameplay didn't look particularly interesting

    Like someone else said, a neat little setting

    I've watched it being played by people and that's the feedback

    it needs more

    ftOqU21.png
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    I have been weirdly preoccupied with the fact that we are all going to die over the last few weeks. It is not pleasant.

    Only eventually, is the good news.

    I mean, maybe tomorrow, that's always a possibility.

    But more likely, you've got at least another lifetime to live, minimum!

    And then probably a perpetual void of nothingness but it's best not to think about it.

    He/Him
    Narwhal, you should make "Sometimes while someone is explaining something to me, I am thinking about rockets" your signature
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. 5386-8443-8937Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    if you're not even going to bribe me with a sack of tchotchkes while I stand in line to play your beta test for ten minutes then you're not even trying to win my heart

    This year at Prime you had to walk a couple blocks away to get them and unless you tried to figure out where they were being given out you'd never know.

  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Pony wrote: »
    matt it sounds like the main problem here was deciding to go to that party

    eh, it wasn't the worst

    but I do genuinely like the wife in that couple, she's a former co-worker and was the person I am actually friends with. Her husband I don't really care for and tbh I hadn't even met face to face before the party, dude's just sorta talked at me before on Facebook previously.

    they're not bad people, they're just dorks and he's just a particularly irritating brand of dork who is aggressively Gen X in his sensibilities about the whole subject and it just gets tiresome to deal with

    we went because we were 2 of 15 people invited and at that point literally nobody had confirmed going and my wife felt really bad for them and we had no plans that night anyway and when there's only 15 people invited it's hard to ghost someone, it's not like when there's 50 people invited and nobody notices you didn't respond

    so we did it to be... polite?

    and it wasn't god awful, they were nice people and they had very cute pet birds, i just find the dude irritating and kind of a stereotype dingus and it was sad to see how much effort they put into it for like, only two guests who were there for like i think two or three hours?

    I hope things were cool with them after you left and it didn't like, descend into a nasty marital spat.

  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    reading an article about miranda rights vs canadian interrogation/arrest procedures and this is the only comment
    It isn't just Miranda rights we don't have - WE DON'T HAVE ANY RIGHTS. The Charter of Rights and Freedoms - along with the Constitution Act and other items - was rejected when we said NO to the Charlottetown Accord. Most laws rejected in this manner are simply passed in house, as these were. So, technically, it IS law. But go back further - to December of 1931 - the Statute of Westminster - which REQUIRES the INDEPENDENT SOVEREIGN PROVINCES to come together and form a CONFEDERATION, which has not been done. Furthermore, it also requires the Government of Canada to seek the approval of the people. The first and only attempt at this failed with the rejection of the Charlottetown Accord. So the approval to be a "nation" was rejected. Therefore, as Canada does not exist legally (except as a corporation), the Constitution Act and the Charter of Rights and Freedoms don't either. We have no rights.

    amazing

    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I fucking hate you Canadians.
    Hahnsoo1FeralBeNarwhaloverride367EddyJuliuscB557spool32milskiAbdhyiusP10
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Heard about this on conservative radio:Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    Current events I think are having a huge effect on me, What with the nightmares and the feeling of impending doom, moresi than normal I mean.

    ??

    Element BrianNeco
  • IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know Texas booniesRegistered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    I have been weirdly preoccupied with the fact that we are all going to die over the last few weeks. It is not pleasant.

    Only eventually, is the good news.

    I mean, maybe tomorrow, that's always a possibility.

    But more likely, you've got at least another lifetime to live, minimum!

    And then probably a perpetual void of nothingness but it's best not to think about it.

    The "Don't Let It Set In" comic wouldn't exist if it weren't REALLY FUCKING GOOD at Setting In.

    FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu/Auldhaerz Swygkhansyn (both on Mateus), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    I haven't waited to play a new/unreleased game at PAX in... a long time.

    I have played some games, but typically indies where I'll walk around and the dev is sitting at his booth looking a little sad that no one is stopping by. I think the last time I actually waited to play something was Orcs Must Die in like, 2014 before I started meeting chat people at the conventions.

    I waited with spool so he could play Elite Dangerous last South and he had fun, but I wasn't planning on playing myself.

    syndalis wrote: »
    Apple is a terrible company.
    spool32wandering
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Pony wrote: »
    matt it sounds like the main problem here was deciding to go to that party

    eh, it wasn't the worst

    but I do genuinely like the wife in that couple, she's a former co-worker and was the person I am actually friends with. Her husband I don't really care for and tbh I hadn't even met face to face before the party, dude's just sorta talked at me before on Facebook previously.

    they're not bad people, they're just dorks and he's just a particularly irritating brand of dork who is aggressively Gen X in his sensibilities about the whole subject and it just gets tiresome to deal with

    we went because we were 2 of 15 people invited and at that point literally nobody had confirmed going and my wife felt really bad for them and we had no plans that night anyway and when there's only 15 people invited it's hard to ghost someone, it's not like when there's 50 people invited and nobody notices you didn't respond

    so we did it to be... polite?

    and it wasn't god awful, they were nice people and they had very cute pet birds, i just find the dude irritating and kind of a stereotype dingus and it was sad to see how much effort they put into it for like, only two guests who were there for like i think two or three hours?

    I hope things were cool with them after you left and it didn't like, descend into a nasty marital spat.

    If anything I'd imagine it devolved into sadness at no one coming and sheepishness at overplanning.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
    spool32
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD along with you if I get drunk well I know I'm gonna be gonna be the man whoRegistered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    Regardless of the inaccuracy of it I am just going to be honest Feral, that statement was pretty mean spirited and made me feel bad.

    My apologies. I didn't mean it to cut you like that.

    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.
    the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • JuliusJulius Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    I don't think there's necessarily a justification to say 1,000,000,000:1 is "preferable" to 100:1. All things being equal, the argument would be that they're morally equivalent, because there's the same amount of suffering, which is not incoherent on its face. The conditions that produced the former ratio might be preferable to the conditions that produced the latter ratio, but that's more functional than inherently ethical.

    I don't think it necessarily follows that the absolute number of people who aren't suffering also matters. That's one of the fundamental problems of utilitarianism, of course. If it does matter, it might be trivial in comparison to ethnic cleansing and mass exploitation, as you say.

    The argument is probably more that absolute numbers are the most important element, i.e. if the number of people in extreme states of suffering is just steadily increasing, then your society is not doing a good job. Implicitly, the argument is that relying on proportion is sort of a cognitive trap to rationalize the failure to address systemic problems.

    Moral frameworks that only consider suffering, that dismiss hedonia as irrelevant, are pretty silly. We generally accept that exchanging a small amount of suffering in exchange for significant deferred happiness is a sign of maturity.

    That said, I agree that suffering is more important than hedonia; I've made that argument in chat before.

    once you start assigning various levels of importance to different things it becomes difficult to argue either way. especially when we move away from purely theoretical considerations of 1 billion vs 100.

    it's fine but then we can't really say society is better or worse than in the past.

  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    okay instead of being 100% a potato i have given my car a very thorough wash and dry

    now I can be a mount&blade potato in good conscience

    I started playing it

    I am a Nord woman, as I suggested I would be.

    I lead a band of 40 Nord men, and just swore fealty to King Ragnar in my latest play period because I was tired of being restricted to fighting sea raiders and bandits.

    Now we're at war with the Swadians, and it should be a good time.

    I only have one named companion - she's a merchant who spent her early years following behind the armies and selling them arms and armor as they needed them, but eventually developed a passion for the fight herself.

    So she has the superior trade skill in the party, but I've also got her sufficiently equipped so that she can dive into the melee with me :D

    He/Him
    Narwhal, you should make "Sometimes while someone is explaining something to me, I am thinking about rockets" your signature
    desc
  • Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Yeah, no. It would only be true (2017, anyway) if that picture was in black and white.

    Di87pOF.jpg
    PSN: Hahnsoo | MHGU: Hahnsoo, Switch FC: SW-0085-2679-5212
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD along with you if I get drunk well I know I'm gonna be gonna be the man whoRegistered User regular
    reading an article about miranda rights vs canadian interrogation/arrest procedures and this is the only comment
    It isn't just Miranda rights we don't have - WE DON'T HAVE ANY RIGHTS. The Charter of Rights and Freedoms - along with the Constitution Act and other items - was rejected when we said NO to the Charlottetown Accord. Most laws rejected in this manner are simply passed in house, as these were. So, technically, it IS law. But go back further - to December of 1931 - the Statute of Westminster - which REQUIRES the INDEPENDENT SOVEREIGN PROVINCES to come together and form a CONFEDERATION, which has not been done. Furthermore, it also requires the Government of Canada to seek the approval of the people. The first and only attempt at this failed with the rejection of the Charlottetown Accord. So the approval to be a "nation" was rejected. Therefore, as Canada does not exist legally (except as a corporation), the Constitution Act and the Charter of Rights and Freedoms don't either. We have no rights.

    amazing

    Canada doesn't just have a Sovereign Citizen movement, they have a SOVEREIGN PROVINCE movement.

    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.
    the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
    BeNarwhal
  • NecoNeco Vapid and Shallow Registered User regular
    I feel faint but all I have is water

    The struggle will continue

    override367
  • MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    I have been weirdly preoccupied with the fact that we are all going to die over the last few weeks. It is not pleasant.

    Only eventually, is the good news.

    I mean, maybe tomorrow, that's always a possibility.

    But more likely, you've got at least another lifetime to live, minimum!

    And then probably a perpetual void of nothingness but it's best not to think about it.

    I mean, it's kinda comforting in a way.

    All the bullshit that seem really important right now doesn't actually matter.

    Everything's made up, everybody dies. Find someone that you like to hug and just try to make the best of it.

    Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
    BeNarwhal
  • milskimilski Their Will comes, at last, to Earth, to the Neath, as a storm crosses the sea. Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    emnmnme wrote: »

    Is ZP still at all relevant? I mean he's sometimes good but I feel like everybody knows him so well his opinions are basically foregone conclusions

    milski on
    High, cold, eternal, immobile, minuscule. You endure; you burn.
    Echo
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    ah, so the difference is apparently that your request for counsel doesn't force Canadian police to stop the questioning

    of course, you do have the right to remain silent, but it's not like police aren't good at getting people to open up

    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I fucking hate you Canadians.
    BeNarwhal
  • SniperGuySniperGuy Also known as Dohaeris Registered User regular
    I want mount and blade 2 to have the nemesis system. I also want it to come out sometime, it still doesn't have a release date on steam!

    Big open world, cruising around building an army, run into that jerk who killed your favorite horse and see that he has a new patch where you took his eye last time, that'd be so good.

    Twitch Streaming T/W/TH and more
    Dohaeris210 on PSN / SniperGuy710 on Xbone Live
    Me on Steam
    descMortiousspool32
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. 5386-8443-8937Registered User regular
    I love the show but it is seriously silly sometimes. Even with my general dislike for convenience technology.

  • MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    milski wrote: »

    Don't know what you mean by relevant, but I still watch it. It's amusing, probably more so than most free internet content I consume.

    Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
    Tcheldor
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Pony wrote: »
    matt it sounds like the main problem here was deciding to go to that party

    eh, it wasn't the worst

    but I do genuinely like the wife in that couple, she's a former co-worker and was the person I am actually friends with. Her husband I don't really care for and tbh I hadn't even met face to face before the party, dude's just sorta talked at me before on Facebook previously.

    they're not bad people, they're just dorks and he's just a particularly irritating brand of dork who is aggressively Gen X in his sensibilities about the whole subject and it just gets tiresome to deal with

    we went because we were 2 of 15 people invited and at that point literally nobody had confirmed going and my wife felt really bad for them and we had no plans that night anyway and when there's only 15 people invited it's hard to ghost someone, it's not like when there's 50 people invited and nobody notices you didn't respond

    so we did it to be... polite?

    and it wasn't god awful, they were nice people and they had very cute pet birds, i just find the dude irritating and kind of a stereotype dingus and it was sad to see how much effort they put into it for like, only two guests who were there for like i think two or three hours?

    I hope things were cool with them after you left and it didn't like, descend into a nasty marital spat.

    yeah my wife and i talked about that

    this couple sometimes gets into pissy public passive aggressive snipes on facebook and shit so we're hoping they didn't get shitty with each other over this afterwards

  • ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Eastern coastal temptressRegistered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    I have been weirdly preoccupied with the fact that we are all going to die over the last few weeks. It is not pleasant.

    Only eventually, is the good news.

    I mean, maybe tomorrow, that's always a possibility.

    But more likely, you've got at least another lifetime to live, minimum!

    And then probably a perpetual void of nothingness but it's best not to think about it.

    See, that last thing just makes me wonder about consciousness, and then I get into a weird place because there is not actually an entity to experience, so what is even going on, what is a "consciousness," and why, and then also what if the universe is flat, then Poincaré recurrence probably happens and there is nothing distinguishing this me from the last or next cycle where all the quantum events line up like this, and have we done this a million times before, will we forever, never knowing about it? And that presupposes a "we" that survives, that there is an entity to experience each time through, but that is a falsehood so what even

    Then I pet the kitty because she's rull cute

    BeNarwhal
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD along with you if I get drunk well I know I'm gonna be gonna be the man whoRegistered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Aioua wrote: »
    the downfall to swag bags came a bit earlier than that, though

    had a year where there was so much shit in the bags, with weird shapes, that it was a nightmare getting them stuffed

    so after that things had to meet certain dimensions, like if you wanted a shirt in there it'd need to be pre-folded and bagged etc

    The only swag I miss are the magic decks. It was nice just having some pre-built ones to play folks with while waiting for things.

    yeah wizards used to be pretty solid in handing those out and then they just... stopped

    They still hand them out at different events, but only from the Wizards or Hasbro booth. I dunno if they still do them at PAX, since I haven't been since 2015.

    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.
    the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • EchoEcho Moderator mod
    I actually like World of Warships a lot. The very nature of ships make it more slow-paced and you need to follow through on your actions because you can't exactly turn on a dime. And if you do try to turn tail and run, you'll show lots of broadside for a good while unless you're in a destroyer or a nimble cruiser.

    Echo wrote: »
    Let they who have not posted about their balls in the wrong thread cast the first stone.
    BeNarwhal
  • override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Pony wrote: »
    Canadian gun law is byzantine as fuck

    I'll take byzantine as fuck as opposed to where I live where I can get in a bad mood and own a new firearm in 20 minutes

    wandering
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD along with you if I get drunk well I know I'm gonna be gonna be the man whoRegistered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    I have been weirdly preoccupied with the fact that we are all going to die over the last few weeks. It is not pleasant.

    Only eventually, is the good news.

    Yes...

    That's the good news...

    >.>

    <.<

    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.
    the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • NecoNeco Vapid and Shallow Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    I have been weirdly preoccupied with the fact that we are all going to die over the last few weeks. It is not pleasant.

    Only eventually, is the good news.

    I mean, maybe tomorrow, that's always a possibility.

    But more likely, you've got at least another lifetime to live, minimum!

    And then probably a perpetual void of nothingness but it's best not to think about it.

    See, that last thing just makes me wonder about consciousness, and then I get into a weird place because there is not actually an entity to experience, so what is even going on, what is a "consciousness," and why, and then also what if the universe is flat, then Poincaré recurrence probably happens and there is nothing distinguishing this me from the last or next cycle where all the quantum events line up like this, and have we done this a million times before, will we forever, never knowing about it? And that presupposes a "we" that survives, that there is an entity to experience each time through, but that is a falsehood so what even

    Then I pet the kitty because she's rull cute

    I literally went through something similar about a month ago and ended up just having a panic attack about it, so I just started going back to distracting myself any time my mind starts going down that particular hole

    Couscous
  • milskimilski Their Will comes, at last, to Earth, to the Neath, as a storm crosses the sea. Registered User regular
    A (very innocent) girl I am friends with has texted both jokingly bragging about her knowledge of the circulatory system, and talked about how very comfortable her comfort zone is.

    It is very difficult to not make jokes about those statements, but I perservere

    High, cold, eternal, immobile, minuscule. You endure; you burn.
    Eddywandering
  • IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know Texas booniesRegistered User regular
    Mortious wrote: »
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    I have been weirdly preoccupied with the fact that we are all going to die over the last few weeks. It is not pleasant.

    Only eventually, is the good news.

    I mean, maybe tomorrow, that's always a possibility.

    But more likely, you've got at least another lifetime to live, minimum!

    And then probably a perpetual void of nothingness but it's best not to think about it.

    I mean, it's kinda comforting in a way.

    All the bullshit that seem really important right now doesn't actually matter.

    Everything's made up, everybody dies. Find someone that you like to hug and just try to make the best of it.

    Look, why can't someone who's been there just come up with a way to communicate with us and tell us what it's like. Not like they've got anything else to do.

    ...Unless the afterlife is just nonstop sick-ass benders. But that's gotta wear thin long enough for someone to want to throw us a bone!

    FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu/Auldhaerz Swygkhansyn (both on Mateus), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. 5386-8443-8937Registered User regular
    Pony wrote: »
    Canadian gun law is byzantine as fuck

    I'll take byzantine as fuck as opposed to where I live where I can get in a bad mood and own a new firearm in 20 minutes

    Need a word with historical roots where its the opposite of byzantine and something is dangerously uncomplicated.

    Oh wait


    that's american isn't it.






    womp womp

    override367
  • credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    I feel faint but all I have is water

    The struggle will continue

    oh no

    get takeout also!

    Steam, LoL: credeiki
    air-photos.tumblr.com
    Necowandering
This discussion has been closed.