As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Bad News Gone Right]: 2019 - We Are All Filthy Animals, Apparently

• Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    I'm just saying, there's not enough bleach in the world to make me want to use another person's sex dungeon.

Community dungeons are a major thing. Most people can't afford to own them. There are also cleaning services specifically for kink.

What.

• Options
    CalicaCalica Registered User regular
    Zunde wrote: »
    I'm just saying, there's not enough bleach in the world to make me want to use another person's sex dungeon.

Community dungeons are a major thing. Most people can't afford to own them. There are also cleaning services specifically for kink.

What.

I don't see how it's any weirder than sharing gym equipment, honestly.

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Calica wrote: »

What.

I'm not sure we're using all that gym equipment the same way.

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular

What.

I mean

I don't jizz all over the benches

but you do you

• Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    I bet my life savings that hotel beds (indeed, hotel everything) are significantly more unsanitary and have leftover nastiness from more people in any given square inch.

• Options
    I bet my life savings that hotel beds (indeed, hotel everything) are significantly more unsanitary and have leftover nastiness from more people in any given square inch.

I do NOT trust those comforters. Or the mattress pad. Or the pillows.

You know what? Never leave home.

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular

This is why I burn down the hotel before sleeping in it

• Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular

I ran hotels for years. Trust me. Their cleaning for linen is thorough. Any major chain has nothing left over in their linen. Nothing lives through that process.

The other amenities are single use. The housekeepers could still suck so the bathroom could be a mess.

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Moridin889 wrote: »

I ran hotels for years. Trust me. Their cleaning for linen is thorough. Any major chain has nothing left over in their linen. Nothing lives through that process.

The other amenities are single use. The housekeepers could still suck so the bathroom could be a mess.

The sheets might be clean but the comforter definitely is not. At least at the mid tier hotels I’ve been staying at my entire post-college life.

• Options
    Orca wrote: »

What.

I mean

but you do you

Let me rephrase: I find the idea of clean equipment that once had someone else's semen on it approximately as disgusting as the thought of clean equipment that once had someone else's sweat all over it. I kind of suspect y'all are reacting more to the thought of "OMG, someone else had sex here!"

But you do you.

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular

What.

I'm not sure we're using all that gym equipment the same way.

You must not have seen some of the videos I have.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular

What.

I mean

but you do you

Let me rephrase: I find the idea of clean equipment that once had someone else's semen on it approximately as disgusting as the thought of clean equipment that once had someone else's sweat all over it. I kind of suspect y'all are reacting more to the thought of "OMG, someone else had sex here!"

But you do you.

No, just the notion that most people find genital secretions more repulsive than most.

Sweat at its core is just water and salt mostly. Semen is more... protein based.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular

Yeah but what if liquids seep through the linens? And aren't blankets re-used and only washed intermittently?

• Options

What.

I mean

but you do you

But you do you.

No, just the notion that most people find genital secretions more repulsive than most.

Sweat at its core is just water and salt mostly. Semen is more... protein based.

Fair. Different people find different things gross.

• Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular

What.

I mean

but you do you

But you do you.

Sweat also contains urea

• Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular

Yeah but what if liquids seep through the linens? And aren't blankets re-used and only washed intermittently?

Most comforters in hotels of quality are washable and are taken out with the linens. This is why you start seeing all-white bedding in modern hotels with colorful rooms to keep things visually interesting, so that they can bleach the hell out of everything.

Worst case your linens go for 3 days before being washed in a quality hotel in the US, and you as resident have the option to wash them sooner by removing them from the bed.

If you stay at a crappy hotel, none of this is true. If you are going to stay out of town, its worth the price to delay the trip in order to afford and stay at a nicer place.

• Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    I work at a hotel, all linens and blankets are washed in between every guest, and every MWF if the guest is staying a week. We do not use comforters because you cannot wash them as much.

Every door handle you touch has better odds of currently having jizz on it than the linens of any hotel bed you sleep in. The world is a dirty place because we are disgusting as a species. It's best to get used to that fact.

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    We did a bacteria growth thing in high school and sampled stuff like: toilet seat, door knob, inside of shoe, keyboard and at least ten other things. Door knobs where the worst by a wide margin.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options

This is why I burn down all doors before walking through them

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    We asked if we could grow cold bacteria by coughing and snotting in the agar but the teacher said it was ILLEGAL

Though I don't see why butt bacteria was okay in that case.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    We grew bacteria from various random sources in a university microbiology class, and I used some rice from the student restaurant. The rice is kept lukewarm for hours, so I figured it'd be a good environment for bacteria and I wasn't disappointed. The teachers were so shocked by the amount of bacteria in the rice, they contacted the restaurant asking them to either keep the rice hotter or switch to a fresh batch of rice much more frequently.

I also discovered that some cat litters probably have pretty potent antibacterial chemicals in them, because I failed to grow anything from the sample of cat poop I also brought in.

MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

Really, leaving the house without your flamethrower is just asking for trouble.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    If you think doorknobs are bad look at your keyboard sometime

• Options
    Madican wrote: »

Fucks sake

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular

I just kick them open.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Your body is capable of dealing with a great number of germs and bacteria on a daily basis. Obsessing over exactly what that safe threshold is and trying desperately to stay under it never struck me as particularly productive.

Anyway, that's why I don't wash my hands. Thanks for coming to my TED Talk.

• Options
    Bliss 101 wrote: »
    We grew bacteria from various random sources in a university microbiology class, and I used some rice from the student restaurant. The rice is kept lukewarm for hours, so I figured it'd be a good environment for bacteria and I wasn't disappointed. The teachers were so shocked by the amount of bacteria in the rice, they contacted the restaurant asking them to either keep the rice hotter or switch to a fresh batch of rice much more frequently.

I also discovered that some cat litters probably have pretty potent antibacterial chemicals in them, because I failed to grow anything from the sample of cat poop I also brought in.

...there's a reason I touch-type

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Delzhand wrote: »
    Your body is capable of dealing with a great number of germs and bacteria on a daily basis. Obsessing over exactly what that safe threshold is and trying desperately to stay under it never struck me as particularly productive.

There's some science that says over-washing and using sanitizing alcohols is probably bad. I think the breaking point where it's actually detrimental is when your hands become so dry and cracked that you're supplementing it with lotion.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular

You joke, but...

There are no words.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Ew.

But.. you can see germs! All it takes is a microscope! And if you believe that's a lie, you are 100% within your capabilities to dismantle it and look for the trickery!

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options

You joke, but...

There are no words.

Humanity was a mistake.

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Bliss 101 wrote: »

...there's a reason I touch-type

I use my tongue to type. Is… that bad?

• Options

You joke, but...

There are no words.

Ignoring germs, you still need to wash your hands. Spilled soda leaves your hand sticky, accidental cut leaving them bloody, changing a car tire leaving them oily and dirty…

I sincerely hope he was joking.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I suspect what he meant to say was "I don't wash my hands when I go pee" then just kind of went with it.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    It is likely a law that his place of employment has signs posted in the bathrooms that employees must wash hands before returning to work. If we are lucky that statement gets him fired.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    It is likely a law that his place of employment has signs posted in the bathrooms that employees must wash hands before returning to work. If we are lucky that statement gets him fired.

Its Fox News, he'll probably get a promotion for rejecting objective reality that hard.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular

I thought that only employed to places that were retail or dealt with foodstuffs... I know my workplace doesn't have that.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »

I thought that only employed to places that were retail or dealt with foodstuffs... I know my workplace doesn't have that.

Also by law buildings have to be wheelchair accessible, they can't fire you for not using it.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular

Pretty much

2v37psm783nd.jpg

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

Pretty much
    2v37psm783nd.jpg

Where else do you store your collected fingernail clippings?
    You can't just keep them in a jar like some kind of chump, they'll get stolen for sure.