Options

Weightlifting/Strength Training

• Options
    Mr. ButtonsMr. Buttons Registered User regular
    If you don't mind, that would be great, thanks. I have a feeling it's going to be a bit more than I can get away with rigging together at my local Y, but I'm still curious about how it's set up

• Options
    caligynefobcaligynefob DKRegistered User regular
    900lbs belt less pull by Dan Green

PS4 - Mrfuzzyhat
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Fucking hell.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    I’m trying to get back into actually exercising at all, and obviously lifting

My wrist is better now mostly and I got this wrist widget thing that helps

It’ll take me a long time to get back to where I was 2 years ago, especially now that I have these old injuries and now I’m not in my 20’s but I think I can do it

I was seeing if there was a more convenient gym near me

This is right near me! Global Strongman Gym
    https://goo.gl/maps/K1eYqDw6Mqx

But alas they don’t open till 8am which like... I like to gym in the morning but I have a job
    Why not 6 or 7 on weekdays guys grrr

poo
  • Options
    Posting here for my accountability purposes

Back in the gym

Last time I was regularly here was September, before I hurt my wrist (tried a few times after that but lost motivation)

Gym owner (grouchy juiced up old man) goes “where have you been?”, derisively

Which is deserved

I just gotta remember to take it easy and be mindful of my wrist (and knees and back and bhole)
    Slow and steady

poo
  • Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Today was a good day for lifting at the gym, I think everything was a PR. 255lbs on squats which is totally new, 175lbs oon bench which is a return to a former peak before injury, and 190lbs on the barbell row which is totally new.

• Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    @Mr. Buttons

ll1rnblr9sdt.png

This was a less involved process than setting up YouTube again, forgive me.

The chain runs through the legs of the plyobox, I use the duffel bag strap as a poor man's hyper strap, I can adjust the height where I lay on the box with some bumper plates (it's a hell of an isometric ab workout too)

Hopefully this makes sense, if you can decipher my shitty drawing skills

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    That makes perfect sense. I think it might actually be doable with the equipment in there, can't remember if there's hooks on the chains though. Thanks

• Options
    That makes perfect sense. I think it might actually be doable with the equipment in there, can't remember if there's hooks on the chains though. Thanks

Bring a couple of carabiners!

• Options
    GorkGork Registered User regular
    Pulled 410lbs for a set of five tonight. Now to figure out how to spend the next eight hours while my body refuses to sleep in celebration.

• Options
    day 2 of lifting again (last time i was regularly doing it was sept)

dangit, <100lb front squats got my bhole irritated again
    i think i need to practice breathing up and out while keeping my abs braced, because that's probably the problem

poo
  • Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    Hey guys what is the general consensus with regards to protein bars? Are they a decent source of protein for a light snack? Or are they terrible and should be avoided?

I'm running into an issue where I'm trying to stabilize my weight, but even though I'm eating full meals until I'm satiated, I'm still on a downward trend. I'm trying to add a snack in the hopes that the extra 200 calories or so will help.

• Options
    caligynefobcaligynefob DKRegistered User regular
    They’re pretty much candy bars with added protein. However, if you’re not trying to lose weight they might be a good alternative to another full meal.

PS4 - Mrfuzzyhat
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    The fat to protein ratio is generally not amazing compared to other sources and they're generally expensive, but they're not too bad for what they are. I have a cliff protein bar every day because they're free at work.

• Options
    HoA-playerHoA-player Registered User regular
    Why not have a non alcoholic bear with 21g of protein per bottle instead?

Which is apparently a thing you can buy in germany now.
    1erAusgeschnittenKlein_600x600.png

• Options
    GorkGork Registered User regular
    dangit, <100lb front squats got my bhole irritated again

what

are you

are you squatting with no clothes on

• Options
    Squatting gives him the wrong kind of roids

• Options
    HoA-player wrote: »

that's a lot of protein

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    I want some of that protein beer.

I'm a sucker for trying different protein bars.

These are kind of weird, but decent if you're okay with a rubbery meat bar.

On a clothes note, I bought some new jeans and have to send them back. My thighs and butt have become too mighty for my old size.

• Options
    MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular

I want it.

Steam/LoL: Jericho89
  • Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular

But I am already a nonalcoholic bear

• Options
    As a homebrewer, I'm curious how they make it. There's been a couple done in the past, I think one out of Toronto (?), but as far as I know they weren't successful enough to stay in business. I don't think they were non-alcoholic though, but really that shouldn't make a taste difference.

• Options
    edited March 2018
    As a homebrewer, I'm curious how they make it. There's been a couple done in the past, I think one out of Toronto (?), but as far as I know they weren't successful enough to stay in business. I don't think they were non-alcoholic though, but really that shouldn't make a taste difference.

No one should drink a beverage with 21 grams of protein in it for any reason other than, "I need this fuckin protein in me now".

Sleep on
  • Options
    I mean on a good day i couldn't clear more than 5 of those without giving up other protein sources for the day

• Options
    Sleep wrote: »

No one should drink a beverage with 21 grams of protein in it for any reason other than, "I need this fuckin protein in me now".

Man, do you think so? My 'organic' whey protein powder is 16g protein / serving, and I think that's the on the low end? Maybe I'm confused about units, though.

• Options
    I don't think a day has gone by where I haven't had 60gs of protein in a drink for about five years

• Options
    edited March 2018
    Mahnmut wrote: »

Man, do you think so? My 'organic' whey protein powder is 16g protein / serving, and I think that's the on the low end? Maybe I'm confused about units, though.

Yeah, but do you reach for that powder when you're looking for a delightful beverage, or when you need to get that protein in you now.

Sleep on
  • Options
    Mahnmut wrote: »

Yeah, but do you reach for that powder when you're looking for a delightful beverage, or when you need to get that protein in you now.

It's actually delicious in whole milk, being mostly just whey, cocoa, and sweeteners <3

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Yea the 30+ gram shakes I make aren't amazing but they are tasty. Cashew milk, chocolate protein powder, a banana and some frozen berries. It'll hit the spot.

I wonder if anyone makes powdered leafy greens. I can never blend them fine enough.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    There's some claims that a beer after working out helps recovery. I personally put the claim in the same spot that I put the claim about how pickle juice is better than Gatorade, but regardless the claim exists. And then there's claims about ideal protein timing after a workout to get the anabolic window.
    Put them together and you've got the most ideal post workout beverage you could get.

Webguy20, at the very least you can get powdered spinach

Mr. Buttons on
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    webguy20 wrote: »
    Yea the 30+ gram shakes I make aren't amazing but they are tasty. Cashew milk, chocolate protein powder, a banana and some frozen berries. It'll hit the spot.

I wonder if anyone makes powdered leafy greens. I can never blend them fine enough.

Bruh there is a powder for everything.

http://www.gnc.com/superfood-green-blends/444550.html

• Options
    Never gonna complain about more proteinsources

• Options
    KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    gqqhybun7nw5.jpeg

You can never have enough protein.

• Options
    Folken FanelFolken Fanel anime af When's KoFRegistered User regular
    Noooooope

Twitter: Folken_fgc Steam: folken_ XBL: flashg03 PSN: folken_PA SFV: folken_
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Characters I hate:

Everybody @Folken Fanel plays as.
  • Options
    HoA-playerHoA-player Registered User regular
    I kinda want to try that protein beer but the marketing is all super macho, hyper masculine stuff, which is a little off putting.

• Options
    I'm looking forward to insects becoming more mainstream and less trend. Clearly there's the "ew, gross, bugs" stigma in most developed countries but nutritionally they're great. Cost is terrible though ($35 for a pound, 70% protein, works out to being close to 3x the cost of 90% ground beef), but given time in the spotlight and (hopefully) traction it should get better.

• Options
    AJRAJR Some guy who wrestles NorwichRegistered User regular
    I've eaten witchetty grubs and crickets before. They were alright. I'd eat more if they were cheaper and easier to find.

Aaron O'Malley. Wrestler extraordinaire.
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram
  • Options
    I've eaten various kinds of bugs.

They're fine.

Pretty sure I don't want to eat a grub though. I'm okay with crunchy, not so much squishy.

• Options
    Today was a good day for lifting at the gym, I think everything was a PR. 255lbs on squats which is totally new, 175lbs oon bench which is a return to a former peak before injury, and 190lbs on the barbell row which is totally new.

Ah fuck thought I was on an All new PR day today, 265 on squat, 180 on bench, but I fucked up and repeated 190 on row. Whoops. whatever It'll be 200 before I'm at PAX East.

• Options
    edited March 2018
    Peen wrote: »
    webguy20 wrote: »

Bruh there is a powder for everything.

http://www.gnc.com/superfood-green-blends/444550.html
    I got some of this because my diet is usually kind of light on greens and I like to try new stuff.

It's uh.... kind of gross.

Like green tea if you bump up the flavor intensity and don't strain the leaves.

Gritty as hell.

I'll keep drinking it at least until this container is done. Maybe it'll grow on me.

mcp on
This discussion has been closed.