As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fire and Fury - Trump/Bannon Love is Over?

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited January 2018
    Dog as an undesirable person or thing is not an uncommon or archaic usage.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    More defensive tweets this morning

"being like, really smart"

....Actually, throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart. Crooked Hillary Clinton also played these cards very hard and, as everyone knows, went down in flames. I went from VERY successful businessman, to top T.V. Star.....

....to President of the United States (on my first try). I think that would qualify as not smart, but genius....and a very stable genius at that!

Edit: having to declare your mental stability is always a good sign ...

JoeUser on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    and being, like, really smart.
    This will never ever ever go away in my brain now. It's just... there.

"NO SERIOUSLY GUYS I AM LIKE, THE SMARTEST."

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    So... Donald Trump is Andy Kaufman, right? And this whole thing has been a bit?

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    I would reiterate that not every single thing Trump asks his carers to type for him on Twitter needs to be posted here. He's fighting the accusations in the book by now claiming, without irony, to be a genius. This is obviously very funny and also sad and also awful, but let's not have the next page or five be everyone reacting to these ludicrous nuggets of dumb with their hilarious retorts. Like Gabe and Tycho, he doesn't read the forums.

If you want to respond to the tweet, you can tweet him on the Twitter.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Elki wrote: »
    Dog as an undesirable person or thing is not an uncommon or archaic usage.

No, we will not die like dogs. We will fight like lions!

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    First try?

So when he ran in 2000 it just didn't count? Does he think we don't remember, or does he not remember?

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    Has anyone here read this book yet? There's a Kindle version, I see.

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Yes, our presidential history is littered with even-tempered geniuses :tell_me_more:

This is all starting to get really weird and sad

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    The fuckwittery of Donald Trump is not up for question

What is is what impact this book will have

And I am keen to see whether it will have an impact

• Options
    Edith_Bagot-DixEdith_Bagot-Dix Registered User regular
    JoeUser wrote: »

I bought the Kindle version yesterday and have a three and a half hour flight this afternoon, so I'll probably get a decent chunk of it read by the tie I touch down.

Also on Steam and PSN: twobadcats
  • Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    We tried to buy it here in NYC but it was sold out in the places we looked.

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Yeah everyone knows the most stable people have to frantically make every one believe how fucking stable they are and fuck you if you don’t think they are.

Viskod on
  • Options
    Solar wrote: »

Yeah, the contents of the book seem to just confirm other accounts of this White House. To me, the more interesting thing is the WH response, and especially Trump's responses, which only amplified the book.

If any of this ends up in litigation, so much more could come out.

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    I’ve heard more than one person say the equivalent of “I thought it would be mostly fake but if he’s trying that hard to keep it from coming out and attacking the author then most of it has to be true and now I want a copy.”

• Options
    tbloxhamtbloxham Registered User regular

....Actually, throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart. Crooked Hillary Clinton also played these cards very hard and, as everyone knows, went down in flames. I went from VERY successful businessman, to top T.V. Star.....

....to President of the United States (on my first try). I think that would qualify as not smart, but genius....and a very stable genius at that!

Why does this tweet start with a ..... ? Is there a previous tweet? Is Trump just tapping away .... on his phone all the time and switches to letters when he has an actual thought?

"That is cool" - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    tbloxham wrote: »

Why does this tweet start with a ..... ? Is there a previous tweet? Is Trump just tapping away .... on his phone all the time and switches to letters when he has an actual thought?

It's part of a chain. Previously he was accusing Democrats of using tactics of mental unfitness that they used against Reagan ... who apparently did suffer from mental issues, oddly enough.

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »

I think the greatest impact will be in how the media and politicians contextualize anything having to do with Trump. Up until now the general media would bend over backwards to try and find some meaning or strategy in his insane ramblings because they didn't want to say there wasn't any meaning or strategy there because he's a moron in mental decline.

Now the evidence is out there from multiple first-person interviews that Trump is 1) a moron and 2) may also be in mental decline, and the reporting I've seen so far is reflecting that understanding.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Henroid wrote: »

am i the only one reading this in Carl's voice from Aqua Teen?

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    "And a very stable genius at that!"

Nothing is as frightening as someone trying to assure you that they are perfectly sane and also way smarter than you.

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »

am i the only one reading this in Carl's voice from Aqua Teen?

"And I don't need no instructions to know how to ROCK"

• Options
    m!ttensm!ttens he/himRegistered User regular
    Trump's tweet reminded me of something, couldn't quite put my finger on it, and then

KRsKzaa.png

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    "And a very stable genius at that!"

Nothing is as frightening as someone trying to assure you that they are perfectly sane and also way smarter than you.

Apart from someone with actual access to actual nuclear weapons trying to assure you that they are perfectly sane and also way smarter than you.

• Options
    Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    Am I dreaming or is Trump holding a press conference right now about how smart he is? I’ve just seen quotes popping up on BBC and RTÉ?

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Am I dreaming or is Trump holding a press conference right now about how smart he is? I’ve just seen quotes popping up on BBC and RTÉ?

You are not dreaming.
    Speaking to the press at Camp David, President Donald Trump defended his early morning tweet claiming he is “really, really smart,” and a “very stable genius,” by pointing out he went “the best colleges.”

Speaking with GOP Congressional leaders standing behind him, the president was asked about the tweets, and ticked off his resume before attacking author Micheal Wolff — whose book lists off Trump aides calling the president an “Idiot” among other epithets — and once again attacking the “fake news media.”

“I went to the best colleges, or college,” he began. “I went to — I had a situation where I was a very excellent student, came out and made billions and billions of dollars, became one of the top business people.Went to television and for ten years was a tremendous success, as you probably have heard. Ran for president one time and won.”
    https://www.rawstory.com/2018/01/i-went-to-the-best-colleges-watch-donald-trump-defend-his-really-really-smart-tweet-in-rambling-presser-at-camp-david/

It's really getting to him.

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    He definitely ran more than once right? I'm not taking crazy pills, he tried running before but just got taken out early in the primary. Right?

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Sleep wrote: »
    He definitely ran more than once right? I'm not taking crazy pills, he tried running before but just got taken out early in the primary. Right?

Yes.

• Options
    FYI, Donald Trump ran for president twice and mulled running at least three other times.

• Options
    Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    I think any doubts anyone had that Wolff’s book might not be at least broadly true have been allayed by the fact that Trump cannot control himself enough to stop fucking advertising it.

• Options
    GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    edited January 2018

He was absolutely gearing up for a run in 2011 before Obama utterly discombobulated him at the WHCD.

Gaddez on
  • Options
    Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular
    They have NBC news on the shuttle i take to and from my apartment in the morning, who had Chris Wallace (of FOX News) last night in a brief segment. It was odd, first he asserted in true State Run Media fashion that we'd all forget about this book in a week, but then the NBC anchor pressed him on the threatened defamation suit and even Wallace said (paraphrased) "It's absolutely the wrong thing to do. If you want it to go away, you ignore it. Don't give it oxygen, which is the opposite of what the president is doing."

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Gaddez wrote: »

He was absolutely gearing up for a run in 2011 before Obama utterly discombobulated him in 2011 at the WHCD.

Trump was going to run his own debate for it, despite being a contender, and then I guess someone pointed out that doing so was... complicated, so he backed down, and... Stephen Colbert took up the mantle. (actual content starts about 1 min in)

Edit: every video related to the Colbert South Carolina Serious Classy Republican Debate is solid gold, especially the ones where Colbert does his Trump impression.

Long story short, as Atomika noted, yes, he has definitely talked about running or actually ran several times. It's another lie on the pile.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    I'm guessing it's too late to add some of these Trump quotes to the book jacket?

All he's doing now is providing Wolff with material for the sequel.

PS. Is there any bidding war for the movie rights yet?

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    klemming wrote: »
    I'm guessing it's too late to add some of these Trump quotes to the book jacket?

I'm guessing it'll be The big Short kinda thing

• Options
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    klemming wrote: »

I'm guessing it'll be The big Short kinda thing

. . . enough jokes about his tiny fingers already, sheesh

• Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    Surely someone in the press pool will ask Trump about his 2000 run?

Right?

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

Right?

In his press pool probably not
    Remember they limit who is in his press pool

• Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »

Right?

In his press pool probably not
    Remember they limit who is in his press pool

Well, maybe we’ll at least get to hear Sarah flail about it on Monday with some asinine qualifier.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular

I’m 3/4 of the way through. Not much of it will be news to people in this thread, apart from more direct insight into the infighting in the WH.

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Not that I want to defend the sub-literate moron, but it being the only time he was on the ballot in a national election, this could be considered technically correct.

Of course, the better response to this “first time” idiocy is “so fucking what?”