Options

Welcome! Everything is fine. [The Good Place][OPEN SPOILERS]

• Options
    DimosarDimosar I am the Brain Genius Registered User regular
    I feel like this show is going to end with them accidentally killing god and having to replace him

• Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    Calling an insane shot here

Janet will kill god and take over and do her best to make an afterlife that isn't awful

• Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Dimosar wrote: »
    I feel like this show is going to end with them accidentally killing god and having to replace him

Or that there isn't one and everyone's been scrambling to just make things work regardless.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    I don't think the structure of hell as we see it would lack a CEO type. I would assume Satan is an obtainable position. The good place might have a similar structure

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    "It's devastating. You're devastated right now."

I never, ever want to stop watching Ted Dansen. I think my biggest and only disappointment is that Eleanor really didn't give a second thought to Michael's plight.

We are totally headed for a real purgatory imo, but to be honest I don't think that we should ever see the Good Place, and neither should they.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I thought there was an interesting balance between legitimate character development for the humans combined with the acknowledgement that they haven't developed enough to fully overcome their flaws, with the exception of Eleanor.

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
  • Options
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Shit, it's the finale already?

• Options
    PiotyrPiotyr Power-Crazed Wizard SilmariaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2018
    My wild guess for how this turns out tonight is that the six of them get to create a place where medium bad people can work to become good people, so they can use all the set assets from seasons 1 and 2 in season 3.

Then season 3 lets the six of them run the town for a new cast of people that need saving, in an effort to earn their way to the real Good Place. They can even being in some of the associates that Eleanor, Chidi, Jason and Tahani know from their time on Earth, like Kamilah.

Piotyr on
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    But Kamilah is terrible.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ...wow.

• Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    I did a big cheers when Michael was behind the bar.

• Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    But Kamilah is terrible.

Kamilah can be one of the people that needs to be made better.

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Narbus wrote: »

I think I actually squealed

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Oh I just got the joke with that.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Narbus wrote: »

I shouted "HE'S BEHIND A BAR AGAIN" and my beloved was wondering when Michael had been behind a bar and I let out a sigh deep enough to drown in

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    the BALLS on this show

Jesus CHRIST

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    I really liked this season finale.

The Good Place fills me with the same joy and hope as Parks and Rec, but it feels more earned than the wish fulfillment of P&R and that makes the feelings stronger.

I also think it's doing a good job of speaking to the times sort of generally without being too obvious.

• Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    The towel flip was weapons-grade nostalgia.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    Is season three out yet?

how about now?

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    Jimothy wrote: »
    Shadowhope wrote: »
    I love that I have no fucking clue where each episode is going.

My assumption for the end of the season:
    They get a new place, to be used to reform people and prepare them for the real Good Place. Eleanor and Michael are put in charge.

I think it's definitely heading there, not sure when. Could be next, could be the final story arc or season or even episode

If it's NOT that, my second guess for what's next is:

Michael stressed that you can only get to the Good Place by being a good person on Earth, so maybe the judge will sentence them to Earth

Maybe as ghosts, maybe some kind of time travel thing where they get a second chance at their last few days or last year or something

Michael and Janet have to learn to live as humans

I do feel like they've fleshed out too many Earth-bound characters (Eleanor's boyfriend and mom, Kamila, Pillboy) to not have the gang meet them again after all they've learned, and while some (or all, depending on how much time has passed) of them could show up in the afterlife, Michael's statement about Earth felt important

My third guess is that they lead a revolution against the entire Good/Bad Place system, since it's so unforgiving and the show seems to know that, as much as it also knows that its characters were not initially good people

BAM

• Options
    So Chidi and Eleanor's deaths can be avoided by someone pushing them out of the way

How did Michael stealthily prevent Tahani from pulling a statue onto herself or Jason from Suffocating in a safe

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    So Chidi and Eleanor's deaths can be avoided by someone pushing them out of the way

How did Michael stealthily prevent Tahani from pulling a statue onto herself or Jason from Suffocating in a safe

I feel like both of those can also be solved by someone pushing them out of the way. Or in Jason's case into a distraction of some sort I guess

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Huh

Sepinwall pointed out that Chidi should be speaking French, or at least have an accent

I forgot about that

• Options
    Yeah Chidi isnt supposed to be a native English speaker

That bothered me too

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular

I feel like both of those can also be solved by someone pushing them out of the way. Or in Jason's case into a distraction of some sort I guess

I'm calling it that Pillboi is the one that goes in the safe, and his death shocks Jason enough into trying to be better.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular

That bothered me too
    Y'all are assuming that the Chidi she's talking to is the actual Chidi.

sig.gif
  • Options

If I had to guess
    Tahani just needs to be distracted and cool off. The statue still needs a to fall though so maybe a gray haired security guard pushes her away last second. Jason is trickier though I think Janet may be involved. He has to learn theres consequences to his actions I think maybe the cops get tipped off much earlier and save him just before he dies and he goes to jail.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Jason somehow miraculously meets Blake Bortles and it changes his life for the better.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Zonugal wrote: »

I'm calling it that Pillboi is the one that goes in the safe, and his death shocks Jason enough into trying to be better.

I dont think Michael is going to kill someone in order to try and teach Jason to be a better person
    Sorce wrote: »

That bothered me too

...yes? Because Michael knows that every time they meet each other they turn good

Why would it not be

• Options
    Zonugal wrote: »

I dont think Michael is going to kill someone in order to try and teach Jason to be a better person

That bothered me too

...yes? Because Michael knows that every time they meet each other they turn good

Why would it not be

Well this whole thing could be an elaborate simulation. We don't know if they have the power to literally turn back time or alter events on Earth.

That said it probably is the real Chidi even then, but the judge used a fake Chidi in her last test so I wouldn't rule it out entirely.

Also as I'm describing this I'm becoming completely convinced this is just a simulation of their Earth lives, which is why the language thing isn't a problem.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Jason somehow miraculously meets Blake Bortles and it changes his life for the better.

It's the All might you can be a hero scene from My hero acdemia but instead of hero it's Jacksonville Jaguar

• Options
    Huh

Sepinwall pointed out that Chidi should be speaking French, or at least have an accent

I forgot about that
    Chidi has already shown to be English proficient in the flashbacks with his Australian boot brother, and just because he natively speaks French, doesn't mean he automatically speaks English with an accent.

• Options
    Piotyr wrote: »
    Huh

I forgot about that
    Chidi has already shown to be English proficient in the flashbacks with his Australian boot brother, and just because he natively speaks French, doesn't mean he automatically speaks English with an accent.

That's a good point

But an American accent?

What, did he learn English from Seinfeld?

• Options
    edited February 2018
    Huh

I forgot about that

That's a good point

But an American accent?

Nah, the universal translator program that's active in the afterlife is still active because they're still dead and this isn't really Earth

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Huh

I forgot about that

That's a good point

But an American accent?

Nah, the universal translator program that's active in the afterlife is still active because they're still dead and this isn't really Earth

This seems likely

• Options
    A thought occurs.
    We just assume the group all died around the same time but that's probably not the case. What if Elanor saves Chidi and dies? We know they always bond very quickly . That and her sacrifice might be enough for him to actually change completely. Then the season arc is each member saving another but dieing in the process

• Options

I didn’t even know that champagne was a thing!

The Parks finale had so many tiny future jokes