Vanity Thread 3.0: Harder, Better, Faster, [chat]er

• ChanusChanus Ribbit! Registered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    many years ago i had a customer trying to play hardball with getting credit for a returned part she hadn't actually sent back yet

and i calmly explained that i needed the part back before i could issue credit for several minutes

but she wouldn't relent and kept getting shittier

so finally i just said, "look, you fucking shithead, if you want your god damned credit you're going to have to send the fucking part back first" and hung up on her

and apparently she was just offended that i said "god damned"

they don't let me talk to customers much anymore

You know. I hear that a ton around here. My buddy at work says fuck like it's going out of style. But won't say "GD" and gets uncomfortable when I say it. That girl I had a good run with last year also said something about it. I'll never get used to religious folks thinking that's the most offensive curse word.

i wonder if that's why it's so cathartic for me to say :P

**Winner Softest and Most Comfy Hugs Award Summer 2018**

Blueberrywerewlf on the Sony Anime Games Box | BluberryWerewlf on the BroBone
    firewaterwordcptrugged
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    heading back down to NZ in march to help deal with all of my grandmother's stuff and house. her will had instructions for the house, which is great, but nothing about the contents. I don't think there will be much of an issue, but there's some neat stuff from my grandad's days in the RNZAF when they were stationed in Singapore. Just need to figure out how much I'm willing to spend to freight stuff back home, or if I just stick to what I can get in a suitcase.

also going to do a 5 day great walk, the heapy track, which is going to be bloody fantastic!

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
    EddydescChanusHahnsoo1
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    many years ago i had a customer trying to play hardball with getting credit for a returned part she hadn't actually sent back yet

and i calmly explained that i needed the part back before i could issue credit for several minutes

so finally i just said, "look, you fucking shithead, if you want your god damned credit you're going to have to send the fucking part back first" and hung up on her

You know. I hear that a ton around here. My buddy at work says fuck like it's going out of style. But won't say "GD" and gets uncomfortable when I say it. That girl I had a good run with last year also said something about it. I'll never get used to religious folks thinking that's the most offensive curse word.

The best part is it isn't even a curse word. It's literally a prayer. "God, please damn this thing that offends me."

People are all "you're taking the lord's name in vain!" and you're not. Taking the lord's name in vain is claiming God supports something/agrees with something/ is ascribed to something God isn't.

So all the people who're like "God hates the gays", that's actual taking the lord's name in vain.

"God damn those people", you're just saying your prayers.

nibXTE7.png
    Incenjucarzepherin
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar Audio Game Developer Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I would love an Aliens movie set in the ocean. Xenomorph whales, dolphins, sharks, squid, deep sea critters, etc.

zepherinmilski
  • CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    It's been so long since I could breathe through my nose

I'm not sure I even remember what it's like

I'm probably gonna spend some time walking around all high and giddy on oxygen

i write amazing erotic fiction

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    Winky wrote: »
    Corgis are totally the white people of dogs
    ChanusEddy

The best part is it isn't even a curse word. It's literally a prayer. "God, please damn this thing that offends me."

People are all "you're taking the lord's name in vain!" and you're not. Taking the lord's name in vain is claiming God supports something/agrees with something/ is ascribed to something God isn't.

So all the people who're like "God hates the gays", that's actual taking the lord's name in vain.

"God damn those people", you're just saying your prayers.

"god bless you" is taking the lord's name in vain if "god damn you" is

matt has a problemmilski
    anyway i didn't mean to turn this into make fun of religious people [chat]

• firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    cannot wait for 5 days of views like this let me tell you what
    c4IrOmEl.jpg

about 50 miles total, which will be long but doable, and most of the elevation is on the first day.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
    PowerpuppiesChanusdescMrMister
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies Registered User regular

too late fucker i'm sending the mormons

sig.gif
    ChanusArchmatt has a problemcptrugged
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular

god, please damn chanus in particular, for he should really know better by now

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
    ChanuswazillaArchmatt has a problemP10durandal4532cptruggedHahnsoo1EddykedinikmilskiporpKid Presentable
  • descdesc the '87 stick up kids Registered User regular
    But isn't god like

Always besmoting the tribes of the Canaanites or whatever in the Bible

He floods the entire planet like a crybaby

He damns things nonstop and lots of souls go to hell

What's one more damning here and there

Chanus
    c4IrOmEl.jpg

about 50 miles total, which will be long but doable, and most of the elevation is on the first day.

Duuuuuude

firewaterword
  • IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know Texas booniesRegistered User regular
    c4IrOmEl.jpg

Oh hell no

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin most days
  • Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    luckily there are 9 people on this call so i might be able to stick to my plan of hiding quietly on mute and not getting asked anything

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
    Chanusporp
    luckily there are 9 people on this call so i might be able to stick to my plan of hiding quietly on mute and not getting asked anything

TEAR THEM A NEW ASSHOLE

[CHAT] WANTS BLOOD

ChanuswazillaporpMrMister
  • P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    But isn't god like

listen that was old testament god new testament god has chilled out and doesn't play that shit no more

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
    P10 wrote: »
    But isn't god like

listen that was old testament god new testament god has chilled out and doesn't play that shit no more

new testament god does seem far more focused on minutiae

• zepherinzepherin Registered User regular
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    I would love an Aliens movie set in the ocean. Xenomorph whales, dolphins, sharks, squid, deep sea critters, etc.
    Xenomorphs have an instinctive fear of the The Deep Ones and their old gods.

• cptruggedcptrugged Time Dilated Registered User regular
    c4IrOmEl.jpg

Got Dayum!

firewaterword
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    But isn't god like

as a dad I totally get the whole old testament / new testament thing now

it's like

you fuckers as so goddam annoying and short sighted and you won't heed anything I say I just wanna smite you

but also I really love you im sorry it's not your fault here's a beautiful rainbow

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
    ChanusdesccptruggedMazzyxzepherinPowerpuppies
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    omg there is another guy at the dealership who is much cooler and may hamper down the mean guy

pls yes dude gimme more Steve

Arch,
    porp
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    Arch wrote: »
    Xenomorphs

Are good

Man is the real monster

919UOwT.png
    ArchzepherinGim
  • wazillawazilla Registered User regular
    But isn't god like

it's like

you fuckers as so goddam annoying and short sighted and you won't heed anything I say I just wanna smite you

but also I really love you im sorry it's not your fault here's a beautiful rainbow Oh and uhh... I gotta run to the store and buy... a pack of cigarettes...

*disappears for thousands of years*

Psn:wazukki
    Sir LandsharkChanus
    Arch wrote: »
    Xenomorphs

Are good

*raises hand*

Is this gonna be a stand up thread sir, or another bug post?

Eddyzepherin
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Old Testament God was just the Israelites excuse for being dicks. "God SAID we should destroy this whole city."

God's like "How many times do I have to let you fuckers get enslaved and sent into the desert for decades before you get it..."

Then he sends his hippie son down to spread the peace and love and they're like "Sure, sure, peace and love, right, FALSE PROPHET GET HIM" and back to being dicks...

nibXTE7.png
  • EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    agh now I have to watch season 1 of the OC again

dang it bobby

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    Old Testament God was just the Israelites excuse for being dicks. "God SAID we should destroy this whole city."

God's like "How many times do I have to let you fuckers get enslaved and sent into the desert for decades before you get it..."

Then he sends his hippie son down to spread the peace and love and they're like "Sure, sure, peace and love, right, FALSE PROPHET GET HIM" and back to being dicks...
    wow this anti-semitism

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
    CouscousChanus
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    gimme more steve is my traffic and journey cover band

Element BrianKid Presentable
  • milskimilski UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ Registered User regular

Sometimes you have to fire a customer. Into the sun.

You can't write me off like that! You're just a voice, pal! You don't know a DAMN THING ABOUT RACING!!
    Chanus
  • CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular

Okay but

Fuck people like that

The world is full of people whose go-to phone move is "just be shittier and shittier" because they're relying on companies using phone people as sacrificial lambs until they eventually throw the angry customer some bone and it works often enough with no repercussions

Fuck 'em

oh i have no regrets for sure

i don't take shit from nobody

*brofist*

It gets jack shit from me either. If they keep making the same demand to me I just keep saying EXACTLY the same sentence to them in a progressively more and more "explaining like they're five" tone of voice and if they swear at me I'm like "I don't have to take your call byeee" and hang up on them

Basic rules of being a customer on the phone to me,

1) The customer is not always right. I'm the one doing this professionally, I'm the one that tells you how it is not the other way around.

2) You the customer is the one asking me for help, I am not obliged to give it. Speak to me like an asshole and you can find someone else to deal with your problem for you.

3) If I say I'm not going to be providing you with service for whatever reason there is a finite amount of time I'm going to spend 'splainin it to you. No I don't care what you're going to do now that's your problem not mine, I got shit to do today other than repeating the word "no" to you for an hour.

It's amazing how many people get on the phone to customer service people thinking they're the ones in complete and total control and it veeeeerrrryyy much does not work like that, you come on my turf you're playing by my rules SON.

i write amazing erotic fiction

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    Winky wrote: »
    Corgis are totally the white people of dogs
    Chanuszepherin
    Being on the forums is like a day on the farm

Every [chat] thread a banquet!
    Every cute pet post a fortune!
    Every banning a parade!

I love the forums!

ChanusEddy
    edited January 2018
    milski wrote: »

Sometimes you have to fire a customer. Into the sun.

the best part is the choices here are basically us or the shitty international conglomerate with no service and higher prices

so like

sure they threaten to stop buying from us sometimes

but they'll be back

Chanus on

Casualzepherin
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    what even is a steak umms

Inquisitor wrote: »
    I fucking hate you Canadians.
    P10Mojo_Jojomilski
    Ok. I may have too much of Aliens memorized.

wandering
  • zepherinzepherin Registered User regular
    But isn't god like

it's like

but also I really love you im sorry it's not your fault here's a beautiful rainbow
    And it was Sodom and Gomorrah there anyways, that's how you got the kids.

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular

Cheesesteak meat, basically. Flash frozen thin slices of raw low grade steak. They're actually really good for making a fast cheeseteak.

ChanuszepherinEddyMazzyxmilski
    edited January 2018
    now Mal is taking the reigns

take it away Mal

ur hella awkward in the office and we all try to avoid talking to you

but not right now

right now you're my hero

keep talking yess yess he's just talking and talking and talking i love it

Element Brian on

Arch,
    Chanus

frozen shaved steak like the kind you would use in a cheesesteak

This discussion has been closed.