Vanity Thread 3.0: Harder, Better, Faster, [chat]er

• cptruggedcptrugged Time Dilated Registered User regular
    what even is a steak umms

Delicious

• Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    p sure lud has a side gig as the steak umms marketing consultant

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
    zepherin
  • Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    she's not rach umm? what the hell is a rach umm, another one of ur paleontologist terms i wouldn't know?

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Everytime I see or hear Steak Umms I'm reminded of the Big 'Uns nudie magazines from Married with Children.

zepherinElement Briancptruggedmatt has a problemnavgooseTicaldfjam
  • kedinikkedinik Registered User regular
    Casual wrote: »
    It's amazing how many people get on the phone to customer service people thinking they're the ones in complete and total control and it veeeeerrrryyy much does not work like that, you come on my turf you're playing by my rules SON.

you're v tough and I'm super impressed

ChanuszepherinCasualwazillaKid Presentable
  • ChanusChanus Ribbit! Registered User regular
    Everytime I see or hear Steak Umms I'm reminded of the Big 'Uns nudie magazines from Married with Children.

nice

**Winner Softest and Most Comfy Hugs Award Summer 2018**

Blueberrywerewlf on the Sony Anime Games Box | BluberryWerewlf on the BroBone
    Element BriancptruggedEddyTicaldfjam
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    p sure lud has a side gig as the steak umms marketing consultant

Honestly, I really like them for a corporate account. They're funny, they interact with people, they hand out a lot of coupons, people being weird people were begging for steak umms merch so they released a bunch with all profits going to meals on wheels.

I mean I'm sure there's problematic shit there but whatever they're fun to interact with

cptruggedSir Landshark
  • cptruggedcptrugged Time Dilated Registered User regular
    Imma get some steakums next time I get groceries.

• GimGim a freak without warning Registered User regular
    So we all live on thin steak strips hurtling through space?

cptrugged
    i need to find a place here that has iberico ham bones

it's going to be a challenge

i can apparently buy a 16lb iberico ham on the internet for $450 but i'm thinking smaller scale

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    I personally prefer spam

so versatile!

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
    ChanusGim
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Google had me sign in to my account yesterday on my home machine and it freaked me out. Probably some window update reset my cookies. Weird thing was it was saying authorize a machine in redmond when I live in bothell, but I remembered that for some reason the geo coding for my area (like weather apps etc) always tags us in redmond.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
    Eddy wrote: »
    I personally prefer spam

so versatile!

spam is good and i will fight people

i mean not good for you

probably actively harmful

but

Gim
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Google had me sign in to my account yesterday on my home machine and it freaked me out. Probably some window update reset my cookies. Weird thing was it was saying authorize a machine in redmond when I live in bothell, but I remembered that for some reason the geo coding for my area (like weather apps etc) always tags us in redmond.

I've seen some weird cert prompts in Google apps lately.

• CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    Sad truth of the matter is capitalism works exactly the way we always feared it does, businesses give zero fucks about the individual customer and that is 100% down to a vocal minority of lunatics that make it impossible to run a real complaints process.

We wouldnt keep employees longer than a week if complaints actually meant anything. Complaints and report functions are basically like the buttons on the road crossing, pushing them makes eejits feel like they're in control but really the button isn't hooked up to anything.

i write amazing erotic fiction

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    Winky wrote: »
    Corgis are totally the white people of dogs
    IlpalaChanus
    oh man he just mentioned my name for something i'm not related to at all, hahaha shiiit man

Arch,
    Chanusdescporp

my location is often like anywhere within 90 miles of me depending on the day

Preacher
    oh man he just mentioned my name for something i'm not related to at all, hahaha shiiit man

rip

• CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »
    It's amazing how many people get on the phone to customer service people thinking they're the ones in complete and total control and it veeeeerrrryyy much does not work like that, you come on my turf you're playing by my rules SON.

you're v tough and I'm super impressed

*hangs up phone*

Showed HIM

i write amazing erotic fiction

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    Winky wrote: »
    Corgis are totally the white people of dogs
    Chanus
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    I'd really struggle in a position where I'd have to take a lot of calls at a desk. I'm pretty much incapable of talking on the phone without pacing around. But a body in motion is a mind in motion and all that.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
    Abdhyius
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Sad truth of the matter is capitalism works exactly the way we always feared it does, businesses give zero fucks about the individual customer and that is 100% down to a vocal minority of lunatics that make it impossible to run a real complaints process.

We wouldnt keep employees longer than a week if complaints actually meant anything. Complaints and report functions are basically like the buttons on the road crossing, pushing them makes eejits feel like they're in control but really the button isn't hooked up to anything.

you blame capitalism but then credit it with not letting the lunatic minority get their way

I don't see the downside here

ftOqU21.png
  • kedinikkedinik Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    I personally prefer spam

so versatile!

spam is good and i will fight people

i mean not good for you

probably actively harmful

but

nothing shocks the system like spam!

Chanus
  • BurnageBurnage irregular Registered User regular
    I personally prefer spam

so versatile!

One time while drunk I ate an entire tin of spam on a naan bread.

I'm not allowed near spam any more.

ChanusGimEddyFroThulhu
  • AtomikaAtomika Nurse Amy says: “Wear the damn mask.”Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Atomika wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Amy how long till you move to the Pacific grey west?

Like, 12 days? Incredibly soon.

Which end of the excited->freaking out spectrum are you on?

Both.

Chanuscptrugged
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    my geolocating never works because google maps can't track the depth of my shame

Gim
    oh shit my turns up next...

tenor.gif

Arch,
    PowerpuppiesChanusporp
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

I've seen some weird cert prompts in Google apps lately.

I've had weird twitch sign outs as well. If I had to take a doesn't know shit about internet security guess, its probably back end stuff related to that intel chip thing.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • SniperGuySniperGuy Also known as Dohaeris Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »

you blame capitalism but then credit it with not letting the lunatic minority get their way

I don't see the downside here

The lunatic minority are actually running things too. There's just a lunatic poor minority that is upset that they aren't yet rich too and feel the need to yell at a customer service rep because of it.

Twitch Streaming basically all week
    SniperGuyGaming on PSN / SniperGuy710 on Xbone Live
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    China's continued descent into creepy state dystopia with government/ccp run dating activities!

I mean it is kind of creepy but actually China isn't the first. Tokyo and a few other municipalities in Japan have done stuff like this off and on for years to try and get the Japanese to have babies.

I think the creepy part is that it is run by the CCP. Thus you get that faux Marxist creepiness to it.

03x29di.png
  • milskimilski UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ Registered User regular
    Gim wrote: »
    So we all live on thin steak strips hurtling through space?

Aren't we technically thin steak strips hurtling through space?

Maek u think

You can't write me off like that! You're just a voice, pal! You don't know a DAMN THING ABOUT RACING!!
    Chanus
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    I can't talk shit on spam after discovering the boiling pot of spicy joy that is budae jjigae.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
    EddyChanus
    cptrugged wrote: »
    Hey Atomika. How did that session with your ma and the therapist go? Did you talk about it here? If not, that's cool. I was just wondering.

It went . . . okay. Not awful. Within the bounds of realistic expectations. A decent enough effort to keep trying to move forward.

She says I should probably write off my dad and brother, however. Not that I hadn’t already.

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    I'd really struggle in a position where I'd have to take a lot of calls at a desk. I'm pretty much incapable of talking on the phone without pacing around. But a body in motion is a mind in motion and all that.

when phone calls at home stretch on I sometimes find myself getting dressed, putting on coats, going outside, and walking like four kilometres down the road while talking, without thinking about it at all

ftOqU21.png
    Chanusfirewaterword
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Hey Amy, where in the PNW are you moving to?

Seattle!!

Ticaldfjam
  • IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know Texas booniesRegistered User regular
    oh shit my turns up next...

tenor.gif

I missed something is this like a phone conference meeting or are you just insanely done with the place to be live-tweeting it?

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin most days
    Element Brian
  • SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Today we will paint a mountain that owes us nothing. Registered User regular
    So it's in the 50s here today, after 16 days of sub-10 degrees, and about a week of 20s-30s

I woke up and a foot of snow that was there previously, wasn't

I'm a little fearful for my basement crawlspace and/or wetlands in town

tERiPJd.jpg
  • HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    Xenomorphs

Are good

Man is the real monster

Well, you don't see them fucking each other over for a goddamn percentage.

sig.gif
    cptruggedPreacher
  • EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular

I had to go into the comments for the answer :o

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
    zepherinChanus
  • zepherinzepherin Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    many years ago i had a customer trying to play hardball with getting credit for a returned part she hadn't actually sent back yet

and i calmly explained that i needed the part back before i could issue credit for several minutes

but she wouldn't relent and kept getting shittier

so finally i just said, "look, you fucking shithead, if you want your god damned credit you're going to have to send the fucking part back first" and hung up on her

and apparently she was just offended that i said "god damned"

they don't let me talk to customers much anymore

Okay but

Fuck people like that

The world is full of people whose go-to phone move is "just be shittier and shittier" because they're relying on companies using phone people as sacrificial lambs until they eventually throw the angry customer some bone and it works often enough with no repercussions

Fuck 'em

oh i have no regrets for sure

i don't take shit from nobody

*brofist*

It gets jack shit from me either. If they keep making the same demand to me I just keep saying EXACTLY the same sentence to them in a progressively more and more "explaining like they're five" tone of voice and if they swear at me I'm like "I don't have to take your call byeee" and hang up on them

Basic rules of being a customer on the phone to me,

1) The customer is not always right. I'm the one doing this professionally, I'm the one that tells you how it is not the other way around.

2) You the customer is the one asking me for help, I am not obliged to give it. Speak to me like an asshole and you can find someone else to deal with your problem for you.

3) If I say I'm not going to be providing you with service for whatever reason there is a finite amount of time I'm going to spend 'splainin it to you. No I don't care what you're going to do now that's your problem not mine, I got shit to do today other than repeating the word "no" to you for an hour.

Yeah, no reason to be rude. It is important to know what you can and cannot do in terms with calling customer service. If it is outside the normal realm of shit they are allowed to do come in from a different avenue.

Personally I like to email the executive assistant of someone with some pull. I keep a contact list for such incidents.

That being said other than having Comcast replace a router that was busted, then recall that router they replaced 3 weeks later and send me another one. In a fucken bizarre game of router hot potato where they ended up giving me a small credit on my bill because of the inconvenience (I didn't ask they just did it). I haven't had to call customer service recently. My shit just all works.

*knocks on wood*

• syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Honk wrote: »
    Update to Dark Souls Remastered info

Coming to Switch as well as the current gen and PC

That's awesome but man

the potential fps... I guess probably From doesn't port it themselves.

I've seen enough DS to not want to buy a remaster for PS4 but if it comes to Switch I will easily buy it if it's over 10fps.

It’s a 3rd party porting I believe.

I'm late to this but Bethesda let a 3rd party port Doom and it turned out ridiculously good

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
This discussion has been closed.