As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

DS lite, pink top screen?

JellyMeetsJamJellyMeetsJam Registered User regular
edited May 2007 in Games and Technology
I just got a black DS lite and it seems like the top screen doesn't show actual whites, more like a very light shade of pink. Has anyone heard/experienced this? I might just be overreacting nothing but I'm still thinking of going back and exchanging it for another one just to be safe.

JellyMeetsJam on

• Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I just got a black DS lite and it seems like the top screen doesn't show actual whites, more like a very light shade of pink. Has anyone heard/experienced this? I might just be overreacting nothing but I'm still thinking of going back and exchanging it for another one just to be safe.

I have the black DS lite as well, and it doesn't do this at all. The whites are actually pretty crisp compared to my original DS, which always seemed a bit dull and grayish.

Hevach on
  • Options
    Yellow RangerYellow Ranger Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I bought a black DS Lite just today and it looks great. I’ve never heard anything like that, which makes me believe it’s just yours. If it bothers you I would get it replaced.

Yellow Ranger on
    sigcx.jpg
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    It happened when I first got my Fattie DS.
    Its caused when it is exposed to alot of heat, or pressure. Just exchange it for a new one.

Rizzi on
  • Options
    YodaTunaYodaTuna Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Before you return it, I'd double check and make sure there isn't some kind of screen protector on there if you haven't already.

YodaTuna on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    YodaTuna wrote: »
    Before you return it, I'd double check and make sure there isn't some kind of screen protector on there if you haven't already.

Normally I'd never think this... but then I'm forced to remember the time I put a trip on hold and drove forty miles back to work to click "Ok." So, yeah, check the simple things.

However, if there's not a screen protector, I'd definitely exchange it. If it's anything like Doku-san suggested, I'd consider the whole unit suspect. Heat and pressure can wreak havoc on electronics, LCD's usually show the effects first. Best case scenario, the lifespan of the top screen could be cut short. I had a laptop that had a heat-damaged screen. The laptop still works six years later, but the screen didn't last two years after the incident.

Hevach on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Thanks for the help, it's not very noticeable but I figure better safe than sorry.

JellyMeetsJam on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Sorry for necroposting my own thread but I noticed another problem with the screen: it has intense ghosting problems. That's the nail in the coffin for me, anyone else had this experience?

JellyMeetsJam on
  • Options
    ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    No.

Seriously, return it.

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Return it. Ghosting in any sort of display is a bad sign. Furthermore, if that problem wasn't there when you noticed the tint problem, sounds like it's what I said: Something (I'd bet on heat damage, like Doku said) has damaged the LCD, and it definitely sounds like it's on the verge of failure.

Hevach on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Alright, looks like it's crystal clear. Thanks for all the help.

JellyMeetsJam on