As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] [new Ahri skin to fund the year] / [cervitaur dating sim activated]

• Options
    IvelliusIvellius Registered User regular
    BoT mage is dumb.
    is dumb on people who don't play mages, maybe

Me elsewhere:
    Steam, various fora: Ivellius
    League of Legends: Doctor Ivellius
    Twitch, probably another place or two I forget: LPIvellius
  • Options
    gigawatt666gigawatt666 Registered User regular
    like, when one plays marksman pretty much all year, then to switch to mage in the biggest tournament is puzzling to me

BattleNet i.d. : gigawatt666#11111
    Ps4 : Gigawatt666
    Steam I.D. : Gigawatt666
    LoL : GiG4W4TT
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    Why is it so hard to just find a list of games played in day 1 groups with links to VoDs? You would think that for a game that lives and dies on being interactible on the internet, they would be better at this shit.

(Or it exists and I am just old and bad at finding it...)

@brody https://eventvods.com/lol/worlds-2019?s=1

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    Previewed some of the new Halloween skins that popped into my Twitter feed. They look neat.

• Options
    Red RaevynRed Raevyn because I only take Bubble Baths Registered User regular
    I haven't paid attention to league this year and YouTube showed me that worlds were live. These bot lane picks are quite wtf. Anything interesting about worlds teams this year or will it be the usual story?

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    The most interesting thing to me is how old school the champion picks have been this year.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Sienna (sp?) confirmed. First Marksman Support in LOL, and hits the PBE on 10/28.

*Edit* League is coming to mobile and "other platforms".

Penumbra on
    Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Penumbra wrote: »
    Sienna (sp?) confirmed. First Marksman Support in LOL, and hits the PBE on 10/28.

"Console." Console was specified. Which, I mean...it makes sense. World of Warships, War Thunder, World of Tanks all made the jump to both console and mobile. And, sure, he said they're rebuilding the game and so won't have all champs and skins...but as long as I get my Star Guardians (Lux in particular), I'm willing to give it a whirl.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    Ooo boy...

LoL Overwatch. No Yordles, no sale.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Wow, they're actually launching a new IP. Mixing Overwatch with Counterstrike is interesting, let's see if they can pull it off.

• Options
    Aaaaand 2020 animated series showing the champions' origin stories? Okay, that piqued my interest.

• Options
    ... and a Vi/Jinx origin story animated series. The art on that thing looked spectacular.

• Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    Project A looks cool. It's like they took Overwatch and replaced all the TF2 DNA with Counter-strike instead. But I hope those aren't the final graphics, they look more primitive than stylized.

And... um. They're doing a League of Legends card game. Best of luck to them I guess.

• Options
    Yeah, I'm not sure this is a Hearthstone. It may be an Artifact.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    nothing will be an Artifact as hard as Artifact was an Artifact

artifact hugely fucked up by just having So Much Going On At Once, and most of it unimportant, that players just weren't interested in trying to identify which decisions were correct and viewers weren't interested in constantly jumping between three hard to read boards

by sheer virtue of being parseable on a single screen, league of legends card game should at a minimum do Acceptably

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    Like it was two years ago that a DotA card game was announced to an enormous groan from the audience. One year ago that it launched to an incredibly humiliating abject failure. Just that obvious parallel is going to hurt their game in a very real way I think. And they better have a really good answer to why this game is going to fix it.

• Options
    I will say another thing about these new announcements: it's pretty obvious that this is where Riot's been directing all of their art resources. The League team needs to step it up because even Wild Rift's art, while still recognizably League, has so much more character and life than what we've got now.

• Options
    just had a ptsd flashback about gabe newell doing a 20 minute presentation about how they're going to ensure that cards in artifact maintain their value and don't become cheap

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Honestly, I was just thinking the other day that the digital card game space was pretty... stale. Magic is always and will always be A Bad Game, Hearthstone has Acti-Blizz constantly shooting themselves in the foot... Eternal is "fine," but... eh.

It seems interesting that there doesn't seem to be bought booster packs, too? You get a lot of the cards from playing the game, and random weekly chests. And you can just buy wild-cards with the shards you earn from playing or bought with money to just directly buy any card you want.

EDIT:
    Here’s how unlocking stuff works in LoR:

As you play, you’ll complete quests and earn experience to advance and automatically unlock new cards, but which region you unlock first is totally up to you. You decide where your cards come from, and can switch regions whenever you want, which makes assembling your dream deck a whole lot easier.

Once a week, you’ll also unlock chests from the Vault. The Vault levels up as you play and upgrades the chests inside, which increases the number of cards you get from each. Individually, both the cards and chests have a chance to upgrade into something even better, and at level 10 and above, you’re guaranteed a champion.

Sometimes you’ll encounter wildcards, which can be turned into any card you want—no guessing required. A limited number of additional wildcards are available in the store, which is replenished with a new stock each week.

We know that sometimes you just want a guaranteed way to get specific cards. So instead of waiting for the right drop, you can unlock cards for your collection using the Shards you’ve earned or the wildcards you’ve acquired through play or purchase.

Bottom line: In Legends of Runeterra, you will never pay for randomized packs, and you have a bunch of different ways to get the cards you actually want and build multiple decks for both casual duels and the competitive meta.

When it comes to cosmetics, there are free base options that every player starts with: the Summoner’s Rift Board and the Poro Guardian. Stay tuned for more details on other ways to personalize your LoR experience in the future.

Sold.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular

Miss fortune is right there? So first marksman support is out the window

• Options
    RickRude wrote: »

I see what you mean. But perhaps they meant this is the first marksman designed to be a support from the ground up (Ashe also has her beat to the MM support role).

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    She looks like Zarya but unable to bench me

Was a cool trailer though

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    RickRude wrote: »

Mf support is not currently meta and has always been a pain to lane with . Don’t bring that to my lane >:[

I wonder if senna is designed to work especially well with lucian or what..

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    Worlds
    C9 eliminated from groups in the first 10 minutes of the game holy shit that was a poor draft and worse execution. Disappointing because I believe they have one of the better coaches in the game right now.

• Options
    MF support was entirely a reaction to Zyra and Malz showing up as supports. Her passive allowed her to one-shot their minions, negating a lot of their harass potential.

• Options
    Worlds
    C9 eliminated from groups in the first 10 minutes of the game holy shit that was a poor draft and worse execution. Disappointing because I believe they have one of the better coaches in the game right now.

More worlds talk
    This year has been rough for NA. It doesn’t seem like anyone ever got a great handle on the meta. I may be pleasantly surprised later this weekend when TL tries. But damn it has been a depressing worlds for me.

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Worlds

More worlds talk
    This year has been rough for NA. It doesn’t seem like anyone ever got a great handle on the meta. I may be pleasantly surprised later this weekend when TL tries. But damn it has been a depressing worlds for me.

worlds
    This last C9 draft was incredibly frustrating. 3 losing lanes and a jungler that wants to farm out for 6? Yeah cool you have a great engage/cross-map control and awesome scaling but it literally doesn't matter because all Griffin has to do is have their jungler follow Sven around and push him out, denying him camps because his lanes can't help and he's weaker 1v1 anyways. The mid dive was easy as shit even with Sven nearby because the Griffin support had a free roam mid all laning phase since there's nothing Kaisa+Galio is going to do to deny Rakan farm. Even if C9 had played their comp out much better than they did they would have been down 2-3k at 10 minutes just from tower plates / cs advantage.

I have yet to see 3 losing lanes win at any worlds match I recall watching. It was the hallmark of TSM shitting the bed several years ago as well.

Sir Landshark on
  • Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    The NA teams in general always seem to have this bizarre... arrogance? I'm not sure what to call it it. They always turn up, and they always under perform. I woulda said the same about EU teams previously, but G2 at the very least is showing that's changed.

But frankly, i'm still rooting for SKT.

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    The NA teams in general always seem to have this bizarre... arrogance? I'm not sure what to call it it. They always turn up, and they always under perform. I woulda said the same about EU teams previously, but G2 at the very least is showing that's changed.

But frankly, i'm still rooting for SKT.

I would say C9 way overperformed last year by making semis (that series against RNG was hype as fuck), as did TL at MSI this year. But yeah, prior to that NA has been pretty disappointing at worlds.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Worlds

More worlds talk

worlds
    This last C9 draft was incredibly frustrating. 3 losing lanes and a jungler that wants to farm out for 6? Yeah cool you have a great engage/cross-map control and awesome scaling but it literally doesn't matter because all Griffin has to do is have their jungler follow Sven around and push him out, denying him camps because his lanes can't help and he's weaker 1v1 anyways. The mid dive was easy as shit even with Sven nearby because the Griffin support had a free roam mid all laning phase since there's nothing Kaisa+Galio is going to do to deny Rakan farm. Even if C9 had played their comp out much better than they did they would have been down 2-3k at 10 minutes just from tower plates / cs advantage.

I have yet to see 3 losing lanes win at any worlds match I recall watching. It was the hallmark of TSM shitting the bed several years ago as well.

worlds
    I am honestly just so disappointed in reapered. The drafting, the player choices... it just all seemed so weirdly experimental and also baffling in some cases (seriously why the fuck are teams in general letting yuumi through? after everything we've seen it just makes no sense to let that through) in a situation where each game matters so much.

And further on the Yuumi things the amount of times we have seen teams let it through at this point blows my mind. It's like teams are refusing to adapt and change their plans based around what is actually happening in the tournament. It feels like they started the tournament with a set plans for their drafting and they would rather bang their heads against the wall then change that plan in anyway and it is straight up frustrating.

DemonStacey on
  • Options
    On worlds:
    whadda disapointment for C9. I know Repeared is a major respected coach, but I honestly think he wasn't respecting tourney META. Like, wow! Sona/Kench BoT?!?! That was really bad. I also thought Blaber was the better JG. Gice Licorice a carry, any carry.....I hope Clutch can run the table and let's hope TL doesn't chump out! (would be cool if CG could pull a C9 from last year and surprise)

• Options
    i would say it went well yes

51tukevraae4.png

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Sprout wrote: »
    MF support was entirely a reaction to Zyra and Malz showing up as supports. Her passive allowed her to one-shot their minions, negating a lot of their harass potential.

Yeah the thing is as a zyra main—people at gold elo can’t actually play that countermatchup, and the mf support generally gets her ass kicked by zyra. It’s one of the things that maybe in challenger or in pro settings makes sense but for most of us seriously doesn’t make sense.

...speaking of adcs that hurt your teamcomp in soloq, I played a tristana toplane in normals and it’s so fun! You basically feel like you are playing Teemo but easier and safer. But of course you are doing something annoying to your team by not providing any tankiness or cc or initiation so...yeah.

Man I really am pushing for plat this year but I’m not getting enough time to play in the last couple weeks. At a conference all this week, and away from my pc this weekend. I have 40 lp gold 1 now and have seen lps in the 90s earlier this season but haven’t made it into promos so I’m not sitting on a free win yet. I am proud that I’ve climbed to the top of gold 1 as both adc and support this season though; changing up my champion select (among other things, becoming a Jhin one trick) has been really helpful.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    I had fun playing Legends of Runeterra this past weekend. Got to try experimenting with mixing and matching decks. Game Looked pretty solid to me....

• Options
    CyrenicCyrenic Registered User regular
    I had fun playing Legends of Runeterra this past weekend. Got to try experimenting with mixing and matching decks. Game Looked pretty solid to me....

I got beta access as well and really enjoyed the game. Production values were way higher than I expected them to be this early. Art, sound design, animations are all excellent. I was blown away by how good Thresh *felt* to play. His animations and mechanics came together to make him a lot of fun to play. The champions as "feature cards" felt way better than the feature cards in most other card games I've played. Yasuo was another standout in feel/animations/etc.

Really looking forward to the full release.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Yeah, I had a bunch of fun playing a Ionia/Piltover deck featuring Karma and Teemo. The former might be expensive to play, but boy when she gets up and running is great. And all the mushrooms that Teemo's packing keeps the opponent off balance while you build your board state and mana.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    I played a lot of Zed/Hecarim. Hecarim is disgusting if you ever get to set it up to where you level on attack on the turn you play him. After that, starting messing around with Piltover & Zaun decks with JInx in them because Jinx, duh. Game definitely feels good.

I will say Shen can be a little head-tilty to play against some times.

EriktheVikingGamer on
    Steam - DailyFatigueBar
    FFXIV - Milliardo Beoulve/Sargatanas
  • Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    Well, congratulations Riot, your pervasive advertising for your 10th anniversary has won me over and I'm playing again. Anyone feel like helping bring an old back up to speed? I'm sure I could use some coaching

3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Well, congratulations Riot, your pervasive advertising for your 10th anniversary has won me over and I'm playing again. Anyone feel like helping bring an old back up to speed? I'm sure I could use some coaching

I've found i just get my fix through watching pro play. It's.. weirdly calming. No toxicity, i can cheer on SKT (G2 and Fantatic are growing on me after groups as well), and i haven't spent a cent on lol in literal years.

...admittedly i have been finding myself vaguely tempted, and then i remember i dont actually ENJOY playing multiplayer anymore, so hey. (i'm just too competitive, and it ruins my ability to have fun + i suck at telling what's me screwing up vs what's team mates screwing up what i was trying to do, and that does me head in).

So how are people feeling about Groups? What about the incoming preseason changes? I really like the dragon map stuff as well as the little alcoves.

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    IvelliusIvellius Registered User regular

I don't know how much help I'll actually be but sure (assuming you're on NA). Doctor Ivellius is my Summoner name.

I got into Legends of Runeterra last night...and it almost immediately ended after I did the tutorial stuff and got kids to bed. :(

Me elsewhere:
    Steam, various fora: Ivellius
    League of Legends: Doctor Ivellius
    Twitch, probably another place or two I forget: LPIvellius