As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] [new Ahri skin to fund the year] / [cervitaur dating sim activated]

• Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    We did Clash both days. A bunch of bronze and silvers. First day got matched against mixed plat and lower teams, went 3-0. Second day had no plats but basically gold 3 and higher and we went 2-1. Scouting mode is pretty fun.

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    credeiki wrote: »
    ...also I just played a normals game as CSing Zyra botlane with Senna support and while it's probably not a thing, I did go 8 and 0 so...I mean are we sure it's not a thing? I would love to bring it in situations where the rest of my team is AD, or just to bring something different. I think it needs a poke support because your autos are just kinda small so you have problems both csing and harassing at the same time early.

I mean mostly I'm just angry the game won't let me cs as support anymore

I got hit with the minion gold reduction today as Janna! So rude >:[ I was split pushing >:[

3 waves every 5 minutes.

It's generous :P.

also does it even hit you once you have the second part of the quest complete and you aren't getting gold anymore?

Yep. It's a forever thing now instead of falling off. Instead you just get extra gp/10.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    8bitogre8bitogre San Antonio, TXRegistered User regular
    Can someone explain to me how ranked matchmaking works? Just had a ranked match where everyone on the other team was G4, meanwhile there was me (S1), an unranked, a B1 and a B2, and an S2 player on my team. Needless to say we got stomped.

• Options
    A Half Eaten OreoA Half Eaten Oreo Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    8bitogre wrote: »
    Can someone explain to me how ranked matchmaking works? Just had a ranked match where everyone on the other team was G4, meanwhile there was me (S1), an unranked, a B1 and a B2, and an S2 player on my team. Needless to say we got stomped.

MMR and rank don't necessarily match, plus I think new players now start with Gold MMR. And S1,S2, and unranked facing off against G4 isn't very uncommon, their MMRs should be close enough. B1 and B2 are further apart, they could've been a duo (duos get matched against higher MMR), or they had high MMR for some reason.

A quick way to tell how your MMR matches to your rank are LP gains. If you're gaining above average LP your MMR is higher than your rank, and vice versa.

A Half Eaten Oreo on
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    lmao the next champion's name might as well just be Please Fuck This Buff Catboy

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/j9c3jDFbyBs

Oh hey new character right into the bin of me caring about you because MECHA LEONA MOTHERFUCKERS

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/j9c3jDFbyBs

Oh hey new character right into the bin of me caring about you because MECHA LEONA MOTHERFUCKERS

I love Mecha Leona. But it feels like it’s retreading the ground of Project Leona. (I still want it.)

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    New champ is actually my favorite looking champ they have ever made.

That's like... so a dude I would make myself main.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    lmao the next champion's name might as well just be Please Fuck This Buff Catboy
    If they were serious about it one of quotes would clarify if he has a human penis or a cat penis. This fence sitting is cowardice.

• Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    The guy's ult is an RKO. If his first post-launch skin isn't one of the Lucha-themed ones, something has gone very wrong.

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    wait, who is a buff catboy? aphelios?

• Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    Sprout wrote: »
    The guy's ult is an RKO. If his first post-launch skin isn't one of the Lucha-themed ones, something has gone very wrong.

Ya he definitely feels like he's fit in WWE

• Options

No, Sett, the *next* one. I assume they’re trying to get all the new characters out and running in live so they can be tuned/tweak makes/nerfed before the next ranked season begins.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options

h4mx14tpzc25.png

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

Eddy so slow. So behind. Ophelios is old news.

Sett is the cool new hotboy in town.

I swoon for Sett.

• Options
    gigawatt666gigawatt666 Registered User regular
    learning to play Jg. Oh boy, my brain is going 100 mph. There's a lot of stuff to keep track of, spawns, buffs, lanes, ganks, vision. Ah well, practice, practice, practice ;)

BattleNet i.d. : gigawatt666#11111
    Ps4 : Gigawatt666
    Steam I.D. : Gigawatt666
    LoL : GiG4W4TT
  • Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    We lost a person for our Clash team if anyone is looking for one. Pretty much anything but support (Everybody wants support)

• Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    Moridin889 wrote: »
    We lost a person for our Clash team if anyone is looking for one. Pretty much anything but support (Everybody wants support)

When are you guys playing? I'm basically a 1 trick karthus so I'd expected to be banned out. Have a new born but may be able to find time

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular

I swoon for Sett.

I am not displeased about Riot leaning into the hot guy champions. Sett isn't my playstyle at all, unfortunately. Aphelios definitely is, but also my brain is way too small to play him heh. At the moment it's a bit cognitive overload, and I can either think about combos or think about the game, but not both at once. With practice I'll definitely internalize it though and I think I'll be able to play him pretty well. He's very fun.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    Well, that was fun. Got autofilled into jungle so... why not Eve?

Insert fist into back, remove guts. Did forget how bloody squishy you can be, though. Especially with a enemy Akali and Diana running around.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    credeiki wrote: »

I swoon for Sett.

I am not displeased about Riot leaning into the hot guy champions. Sett isn't my playstyle at all, unfortunately. Aphelios definitely is, but also my brain is way too small to play him heh. At the moment it's a bit cognitive overload, and I can either think about combos or think about the game, but not both at once. With practice I'll definitely internalize it though and I think I'll be able to play him pretty well. He's very fun.

I totally feel that. I was an AD player back when I played... but Sett's punchy man style speaks to me on a level that would have me spamming him every game instead of AD.

But yea, I definitely support more hot guy champs.

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Yesterday I played a game where I did 60K damage as Aphelios and I am not completely sure how. My best play was um accidental and I think (?) I fired an R with the sniper rifle, marked a bunch of people, then shot my flamethrower and everyone just completely exploded with the AoE damage. But...I'm not certain that's actually what happened. I should watch the video review heh.

Combos I can do deliberately and seem good are:
    Flamethrower Q, W to gravity cannon, gravity Q (short range AoE stun for tight quarters 2v2/gank response)
    Sniper rifle Q, W to gravity cannon, gravity Q (long range stun/gank setup)
    Red weapon Q, W to Chakrams, now you have like 6 chakrams

...hm yeah that's basically it. I kinda just use the R and then don't do anything with it to follow up ever because my brain is too small. I never put down the chakram turret. Still learning!

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Well, that was fun. Got autofilled into jungle so... why not Eve?

Insert fist into back, remove guts. Did forget how bloody squishy you can be, though. Especially with a enemy Akali and Diana running around.

Eve is my favorite character in the game design wise. But man oh man does she seem hard to get rolling. I just seem to die a lot. Getting into range to actually activate the kiss seems really hard to me.

• Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    Did they ever rework volibear?

• Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    Voli rework is coming out after the Fiddle rework, if I'm not mistaken. 2020.

butts
  • Options
    Remilia, the first trans woman to compete in professional League of Legends, has passed away.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Did they remove reward steps 10 and 11 for TFT? I was 3/4ths of the way to 10...

• Options
    A Half Eaten OreoA Half Eaten Oreo Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Did they remove reward steps 10 and 11 for TFT? I was 3/4ths of the way to 10...

Not in my client either.

• Options
    edited January 2020
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_PoqPRKjn8

Prepare for infodumps.

Also BEAR!

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Maybe I’ll feel different once I can see it in action, but I don’t like the look of new Voli. He looks nightmarish.

• Options
    Penumbra wrote: »
    Maybe I’ll feel different once I can see it in action, but I don’t like the look of new Voli. He looks nightmarish.

right, like a bear

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Penumbra wrote: »

right, like a bear

Current Voli looks more like a bear than New Voli.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aR-KAldshAE The 2020 season cinematic has been released. And I loved everything about it.

• Options
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    I strongly considering coming back for this season. Did I see that we have a clash team recruiting? I'm not amazing (Silver level skill, mostly), but I'm dedicated to getting better. PA League doesn't seem to be super active lately though, but if there's a group of cool dudes that are looking for a Padawan, I can be available. I mostly jungle and support, but I understand support is pretty popular lately, so I think I could learn to ADC or Top, if someone is willing to put up with some growing pains.

Feel free to PM or look me up in game (same as here) if you like.

3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    I want the volibear rework so bad. I will come back rito, just give it to meeeee

• Options
    IvelliusIvellius Registered User regular
    I strongly considering coming back for this season. Did I see that we have a clash team recruiting? I'm not amazing (Silver level skill, mostly), but I'm dedicated to getting better. PA League doesn't seem to be super active lately though, but if there's a group of cool dudes that are looking for a Padawan, I can be available. I mostly jungle and support, but I understand support is pretty popular lately, so I think I could learn to ADC or Top, if someone is willing to put up with some growing pains.

Return! Anecdotally, I've seen a lot of people coming back in the past couple of months (for whatever that counts). I couldn't honestly tell you why, but it feels like a bit of a renaissance, at least for me. I haven't had this many people to queue with in at least two if not three-ish years.

In regards to Clash, I believe there were a couple of clusters trying to get Clash teams together recently, one of which I think had a couple or few Silver players anyway. I suspect as Clash becomes something reliable and better scheduled people will be able to make time around it more effectively, so get on people's radar soon.

Me elsewhere:
    Steam, various fora: Ivellius
    League of Legends: Doctor Ivellius
    Twitch, probably another place or two I forget: LPIvellius
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MU4IDOf-ys

Day 2 video up, talking about the world and comics talking about the League story.

Also announced is a new tabletop game called Tellstones, which is a two-player bluffing game. And that they have now a dedicated Riot Tabletop team who'll be looking at more offline experiences.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    Ivellius wrote: »

Return! Anecdotally, I've seen a lot of people coming back in the past couple of months (for whatever that counts). I couldn't honestly tell you why, but it feels like a bit of a renaissance, at least for me. I haven't had this many people to queue with in at least two if not three-ish years.

In regards to Clash, I believe there were a couple of clusters trying to get Clash teams together recently, one of which I think had a couple or few Silver players anyway. I suspect as Clash becomes something reliable and better scheduled people will be able to make time around it more effectively, so get on people's radar soon.

Allright, I'll see about coming in this evening, presuming I can pull myself away from Path of Exile for an evening :pop:

Do we have a Discord or anything else I should join, or do we all just communicate via the client?

3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    persona4celestia.jpg