As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] [new Ahri skin to fund the year] / [cervitaur dating sim activated]

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    Caitlyn is great into Yasuo. You can make space, you can place traps in front of you to help prevent him from getting to you. You're only playing around windwall, but he can only use it once and he has to stand by it.

The only important thing to keep in mind is to make sure you're not standing near the minion wave. He has no ability to get to you if you're not in a wave he can E around or someone's providing him with a knock up. He's fragile as all hell.

Reminds me of complaints about Yi. He's deadly if you let him get on you and no one tries to CC him.

He had a malphite tho, yasuo never knocked me up once without dashing into me. That was all fine until 6. I’m not 13 years old anymore, I can’t dodge the malphite ult with flash, I’m just too slow.

Edit: also it’s bronze, yi is insanely oppressive because he’s harder to counter than play by about a factor of 100.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    Caitlyn is great into Yasuo. You can make space, you can place traps in front of you to help prevent him from getting to you. You're only playing around windwall, but he can only use it once and he has to stand by it.

The only important thing to keep in mind is to make sure you're not standing near the minion wave. He has no ability to get to you if you're not in a wave he can E around or someone's providing him with a knock up. He's fragile as all hell.

Reminds me of complaints about Yi. He's deadly if you let him get on you and no one tries to CC him.

He had a malphite tho, yasuo never knocked me up once without dashing into me. That was all fine until 6. I’m not 13 years old anymore, I can’t dodge the malphite ult with flash, I’m just too slow.

Edit: also it’s bronze, yi is insanely oppressive because he’s harder to counter than play by about a factor of 100.

I ban Yi in any SR game I play, unless someone on my team hovers him. Then its Tryn and then its Yas. They're just not fun to see.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular

I mean somewhat the game is balanced around the fact that you should be flashing any long range/max range malphite ult. I mean I know that sucks, but it's flashable, and balanced around that fact.

That said, don't forget you can QSS->Flash if you get knocked up, which helps you get space, or buy an edge of night for the shield as a defensive option.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    i ban him sometimes but in bottom lane if you're both immoble squishies it's pretty hard to justify not banning blitz as he's way more common and almost as oppressive.

Blitz is either a god at good or he sucks. Plus he falls off late game unless your team is bad.

• Options
    it's not flashable for me though. i'm old. i don't have fast reactions.

and even if it was, so i'm relatively safe for the next 130 seconds. and then 170 seconds of having to play basically from my own fountain because otherwise he can kill me whenever he wants with his yasuo duo? generally the counter to super engage dive supports is that the adc also has to position very aggressively to follow up which makes them vulnerable, but yasuo is easy safe farming from behind malphite and there's no way to hit either of them safely or even cs.

like i'm sure absolutely perfect positioning is able to counter this or something, but down here in the depths of bronze two basically point and click for a free kill abilities completely warps the bottom lane.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    it's not flashable for me though. i'm old. i don't have fast reactions.

and even if it was, so i'm relatively safe for the next 130 seconds. and then 170 seconds of having to play basically from my own fountain because otherwise he can kill me whenever he wants with his yasuo duo? generally the counter to super engage dive supports is that the adc also has to position very aggressively to follow up which makes them vulnerable, but yasuo is easy safe farming from behind malphite and there's no way to hit either of them safely or even cs.

like i'm sure absolutely perfect positioning is able to counter this or something, but down here in the depths of bronze two basically point and click for a free kill abilities completely warps the bottom lane.

Buy an edge of night then? Prevents the malph R. Alternatively, you're gonna need to have a support/team comp that helps peel him off you. Make clear to your team to kill him. He's fragile.

Not sure what else to advise. I main supp, so if there's a yasuo I'm either set up to hold him down, or I'm just holding exh in the team fight for him.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    no i don't think there is any advice tbh, i'm going to just lose to that nonsense combo every time. especially when they're operating in a party as a solo player.

i just think it's shit awful game design.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    no i don't think there is any advice tbh, i'm going to just lose to that nonsense combo every time. especially when they're operating in a party as a solo player.

i just think it's shit awful game design.

Stay out of malphite ult range. If malphite flash/ults on you, there shouldn't be follow up because your team should be there creating space. If malphite runs at you for the flash, your team murders him since he is support malphite.

Or, play ezreal, do damage while outside of their range forever. E away, spam laugh.

Play Caitlyn and trap on yourself so yasuo is cced when he comes in.

Play varus, win poke pre six and just ult at yasuo every time malphite gets aggressive so you dont get double ulted.

Play Lucian, beat yasuos face in forever, dash out of malphite ult.

Play tristana press R on yasuo when malphite comes in and the projectile will cancel his ult. Or learn to buffer your jump.

Play xayah, press r and laugh.

Buy edge of night, buy qss, have soraka/taric/sona/lulu support to counter their engage.

Call the jungler down and break out of laning early so you can use your ranged adc advantage to siege down towers while yasuo gets no farm.

Or just throw your hands up and lament to the sky how impossible it is to play against and theres no possible solution.

• Options
    Yep I’ll do the last one because I played Caitlyn, didn’t feed them (first death at like 15 minutes), did the trap trick, got 2+ headshots on most of the engages and still died multiple times mid-late. I pretty much only play jinx and cait because I was told to pick two characters and just play them.

Like, it’s bronze 2. Two point and click skills from a duo with that much synergy will always probably always win unless the rest of the map goes sideways for them, especially when it’s rare enough that it’s functionally impossible to practice against.

Yasuo isn’t one of the highest winrate adcs by accident.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    i ban him sometimes but in bottom lane if you're both immoble squishies it's pretty hard to justify not banning blitz as he's way more common and almost as oppressive.

Blitz hooks can be mitigated by positioning behind minions and as others pointed out he falls of late game. His hook is a big time threat, no doubt, but are least his kit is balanced. You miss the hook and you're little but a meat shield for 10-15 seconds.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Butters wrote: »

Blitz hooks can be mitigated by positioning behind minions and as others pointed out he falls of late game. His hook is a big time threat, no doubt, but are least his kit is balanced. You miss the hook and you're little but a meat shield for 10-15 seconds.

Oh I don’t think he’s badly designed or anything like I think yasuo is. I’m working on avoiding hooks with the other ones which are slower, blitz I’ll get to eventually.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    Yep I’ll do the last one because I played Caitlyn, didn’t feed them (first death at like 15 minutes), did the trap trick, got 2+ headshots on most of the engages and still died multiple times mid-late. I pretty much only play jinx and cait because I was told to pick two characters and just play them.

Like, it’s bronze 2. Two point and click skills from a duo with that much synergy will always probably always win unless the rest of the map goes sideways for them, especially when it’s rare enough that it’s functionally impossible to practice against.

Yasuo isn’t one of the highest winrate adcs by accident.

Yasuo doesn't even have to point and click. His r activates on anyone in range. Just learn some macro if you can't micro out of it. Just out push him. Especially as cait or jinx.

• Options

Oh I don’t think he’s badly designed or anything like I think yasuo is. I’m working on avoiding hooks with the other ones which are slower, blitz I’ll get to eventually.

Protip, play some blitz games and watch how others avoid you. The best way to learn how to beat any champion is to play them.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Yasuo can definitely be a frustrating matchup because if you misstep you are toast. But if I see malphite yasuo pre-6 and I am caitlyn vel'koz I am actually not too displeased! Cause we poke THE SHIT out of them. Yasuo has the potential to end up quite behind in cs, and Malphite dead or useless.

Because I can't control myself, I would probably push him into tower and harass him there (Q the wave trying to catch him in the Q also. A Vel'koz who knows what's going on could even help you push by tentacle whipping minions but also he'll naturally help you push by poking through the wave.) And then Val'koz can land his shit more easily when they are under tower. At 6--yeah, unfortunately you either flash malphite ult, or hope that Vel'koz is good at his exhaust. I would think hard about taking barrier instead of heal as Caitlyn--weird but I think better for the ult. Since, Vel'koz Cait is very long range, you can switch to safe cs mode and force them to telegraph their all-in intent strongly so you can net away.

However--I understand that's all theoretical, and your Vel'koz may or may not be landing anything. I also tbh can't reliably flash Malphite ults--really depends--and I would end up misstepping once and causing the lane to snowball against me. But maybe not! I really like playing marksman though and I also like punishing people who bring dumb shit (like yasuo) to my lane.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    Yasuo bot isn't a troll pick in the slightest. He's entirely viable if not top tier judging from his win rate and ban rate in the lane alone.

• Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    It’s been a few years, but I vividly remember running into a Yas/J4 botlane that absolutely dumptrucked us into oblivion.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    Yea there’s tons of meme shit in bottom but yasuo ain’t it

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    A Half Eaten OreoA Half Eaten Oreo Registered User regular
    Yea there’s tons of meme shit in bottom but yasuo ain’t it

A few days ago we ran into a duo running Brand/Malzahar bot lane. It seemed awful in our game, kinda seems like adaptive helm shuts it down. I checked their op.gg after the game and they had been running that duo for a while now with good success, so I might be missing something.

• Options
    Yasuo bot isn't a troll pick in the slightest. He's entirely viable if not top tier judging from his win rate and ban rate in the lane alone.

I'm obviously not saying he's a troll pick, since in the same post I'm laying out the elements of gameplay necessary to defeat him bot

I'm just a traditionalist and don't like seeing viable non-adc picks at all (mage botlane season was gross)

Ah my one further note on Yasuo bot is that a lot of our thought process as adc is calibrated to Yasuo mid, who is a couple levels up from you--you should remember that Yasuo bot is the same level as you and definitely can't one-shot you at the same point in the game that Yasuo mid can (unless the lane went south early).

• Options
    Also through a program of very careful lobby dodging and only playing one ranked solo game per day and then switching to Flex, I have won 9 out of my last 10 games (Jhin, Sivir, Varus) and gotten my mmr partially out of the shitter. Discipline! Very very unclear if plat is a reasonable goal this season.

Last season I climbed on Jhin and Zyra, but this season whenever I play Zyra I just kind of feed ;_; but part of it is that I expect a responsive adc and that only reliably happens when I'm higher up in my elo band. The numbers (my personal winrates that is, not overall winrates) say I should play Leona but I really only like doing that when I feel like we have a winning lane.

• Options
    credeiki wrote: »

I'm obviously not saying he's a troll pick, since in the same post I'm laying out the elements of gameplay necessary to defeat him bot

I'm just a traditionalist and don't like seeing viable non-adc picks at all (mage botlane season was gross)

Ah my one further note on Yasuo bot is that a lot of our thought process as adc is calibrated to Yasuo mid, who is a couple levels up from you--you should remember that Yasuo bot is the same level as you and definitely can't one-shot you at the same point in the game that Yasuo mid can (unless the lane went south early).

Counterpoint. Mage adc being viable was some of the best pro play we've seen. Fun games.

• Options
    edited April 2020
    credeiki wrote: »

yea i probably just need to be more aggressive early, generally my anti-yasuo brain is seeing him up 3 levels and an ult on me because bottom is an xp hellscape.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    Yasuo bottom has always been a potential threat, it comes and goes based on meta and miscellaneous buffs to his items. If it isn't Yasuo it could be Pantheon + Leona or J4 + whoever or really any other engage + assassin-ish melee champ.

Oftentimes you can't just win the lane without the rest of your team, because there are plenty of 2 champion setups that can really dumpster a standard ADC / Support levels 1-9. Usually the biggest liability for Yasuo bot (or any other non-ranged bot) is he can't safely push at all. Yasuo / Malphite can absolutely dumpster an ADC / Support at level 6 but they can't press a tower at all unless they're literally in melee range and then they have literally no escape (I guess Malphite could ult backwards and leave Yasuo to die). They also can't defend a tower particularly well if outnumbered or at a disadvantage.

There are plenty of champion specific things you can do, but honestly most gimmick bot lane murder setups fall apart if you play for towers. They need to keep the game 2v2 on bot long enough for them to get a ridiculous lead to make up for the lack of an actual ADC. Siege mid aggressively, let Yasuo / Malphite do whatever they want and run a 3-4 champion death squad on them if they ever try to seriously push a tower.

Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • Options
    Kamiro wrote: »
    The law of Yasuo still applies since we had one on our team that went 0-9

Luckily I was able to carry the team with my Illaoi top. I love that champ so much. The only problem is I want to play her all the time and never expand my stable of top characters

More proof he should be banned. You don't want him on your team or theirs

• Options
    edited April 2020
    yuumi ez is also extremely not fun to play against unless you have hard engage or good poke. i was mf and we had senna support, we crushed the lane, almost killed tower before plates, but he could cs pretty freely under tower, yuumi healed off all our poke, and even when we landed ws on Ez (so many Ws), he would just warp out and be free because of the windup. i 2 for 1ed him like maybe 15 times in that game for half his hp and yuumi would just press heal. Shit's brutal.

every other time i've been against that lane i had jinx to just run him over with push and leave the lane or cait to force him to constantly eat bullets, but with mf i just couldn't make anything stick.

edit: is there anything i can do to report someone who forces me off my assigned role, threatens to troll the game, picks troll pick, and eventually just makes me dodge? i can't do it at endgame screen because i'm not going to trap myself in a game with a shitlord like that for 15 minutes before the inevitable surrender.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Double lift back on tsm.

• Options
    Wow Griffin is out of the LCK as well.

• Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    Riot figured out how to get me to install their card game. I'll have that free Lux card, please.

• Options
    R-demR-dem Registered User regular
    I tried Runeterra, and it immediately made me want to play Lux, and I tried to play Lux for three games. Dodge-Pick-Ban.

Good thing I also love Cassiopeia.

• Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    Lux is very fun to play, and is the best.

I'm not biased at all, it's not like she's the first champ I unlocked with IP back in the day or anything. And the laser did in no way influence that decision.

• Options
    edited May 2020
    I wish those new lux skins weren't so hard to see, i was playing with a support the other day who got hit by e from one 3 times and he literally couldn't see it until he was specifically looking for it. s'brutal.

edit: i just don't know if i have the mental to play bottom. getting relentlessly flamed by a bunch of players because god, i guess caitlyn somehow is supposed to "counter" the 6/1 Vi who ate our jungler and middle multiple times and flash ults me and kills me in .7 seconds. clearly i should have gone into the past and not been.... oh under my tower because i knew she was there and it didn't matter.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    I wish those new lux skins weren't so hard to see, i was playing with a support the other day who got hit by e from one 3 times and he literally couldn't see it until he was specifically looking for it. s'brutal.

edit: i just don't know if i have the mental to play bottom. getting relentlessly flamed by a bunch of players because god, i guess caitlyn somehow is supposed to "counter" the 6/1 Vi who ate our jungler and middle multiple times and flash ults me and kills me in .7 seconds. clearly i should have gone into the past and not been.... oh under my tower because i knew she was there and it didn't matter.

yeah the E from the one Lux skin that is very dark with a little bit of bright red and white in the middle is basically invisible. I played against it the other day and it was really annoying! I feel like a lot of the new skins have both low visual clarity in terms of silhouette and low visual contrast, because they want to create custom particle effects, but the original particle effects for each skin were designed/optimized to look distinct from one another and distinct from the background so variations on them tend to be harder to read.

• Options
    edited May 2020
    I also have a hard time telling the q and e apart in that skin

edit: yea, i quit league. this bottom lane shit is ridiculous. adcs are absolutely garbage compared to tanky/burst characters with a poke support. i can shoot a yuumi sylas 15 times and they're barely scratched because of her insane healing and how anemic adc damage is, he dash chains me and i lose 90% of my hp before i can flash and then i'm basically out of lane for 300 seconds. to say nothing of the fact that i'm up 40 cs on him in 8 minutes but who cares if he can just kill me and my support at will.

like he runs at me with zoomies while we're trading, i dash back as caitlyn, drop a trap, and he just skips through all of it and deletes me on the all in every time.

and then midgame i go to try and fight mid and aatrox is 4 levels up on me and my support and he's 1/1 but might as well be 15/0. like, how am i supposed to fight someone level 12 when i'm level 8 haha, whoever balanced this lane needs to stop taking drugs man. aatrox flash dash qed me for 75% of my hp from basically offscreen while i was under mid t2 tower and like, the game's just over. why even bother. the vast majority of my games i'm the only marksman playing against double tank or double mage or assassin mage because i'm the one idiot still trying to learn adc i guess and all i am is an xp and gold sack for the enemy jungler to gank.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    R-demR-dem Registered User regular
    For a bright ray of bot lane sunshine though, when I got filled support yesterday and the opposing bot lane locked in Taliyah/Senna (with Taliyah in the priority position) my ADC and I locked in Miss Fortune/Leona. When the enemy team surrendered at 22 minutes, I was 4/1/15 and my MF was 16/0/5. Our strategy was very simple: any time Taliyah tried to CS, she ate layered CC. Any time Senna tried to poke, she ate layered CC.

Frankly, MF/Leona is a disgusting combo that should be banned, and I love it.

• Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    Just played a game with a nunu jungle who said he doesn't do dragons, so he let the other team get three infernals uncontested and we lost. What a game.

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to. Philosophy: Stoicism. Politics: Democratic SocialistRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Got my first penta

It was in ARAM but it counts, dammit

Humor can be dissected as a frog can, but dies in the process.
  • Options
    Just played a game with a nunu jungle who said he doesn't do dragons, so he let the other team get three infernals uncontested and we lost. What a game.

Better jungle wins in this case

• Options
    I also have a hard time telling the q and e apart in that skin

edit: yea, i quit league. this bottom lane shit is ridiculous. adcs are absolutely garbage compared to tanky/burst characters with a poke support. i can shoot a yuumi sylas 15 times and they're barely scratched because of her insane healing and how anemic adc damage is, he dash chains me and i lose 90% of my hp before i can flash and then i'm basically out of lane for 300 seconds. to say nothing of the fact that i'm up 40 cs on him in 8 minutes but who cares if he can just kill me and my support at will.

like he runs at me with zoomies while we're trading, i dash back as caitlyn, drop a trap, and he just skips through all of it and deletes me on the all in every time.

and then midgame i go to try and fight mid and aatrox is 4 levels up on me and my support and he's 1/1 but might as well be 15/0. like, how am i supposed to fight someone level 12 when i'm level 8 haha, whoever balanced this lane needs to stop taking drugs man. aatrox flash dash qed me for 75% of my hp from basically offscreen while i was under mid t2 tower and like, the game's just over. why even bother. the vast majority of my games i'm the only marksman playing against double tank or double mage or assassin mage because i'm the one idiot still trying to learn adc i guess and all i am is an xp and gold sack for the enemy jungler to gank.

You can quit league, but if you like it at all I would encourage you to just quit botlane for now instead. You hate the 2v2 dynamics at your elo—fortunately, there are two solo lanes and a roaming team player, so be one of those! You don’t have to deal with playing adc if you don’t want to; that’s why there is positional queueing. I can tell you that some people find playing ‘traditional marksman’ super enjoyable, including in the current meta, but some people really hate it and would rather have that 1v1 experience. So go play mid! (Also you can play Lucian mid and no one will flame—if you still want to play marksman. I’ve also played a nonzero amount of Jhin mid, which is not exactly recommended but can be really fun.)

• Options
    Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to. Philosophy: Stoicism. Politics: Democratic SocialistRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Playing bot without knowing the other person in your lane is a bit of a nightmare.

Humor can be dissected as a frog can, but dies in the process.
  • Options
    Ez is also playable anywhere, and tristianna has seen pro play in top and mid. If you practice thousands of games you can become a god on vayne and be a terror in top lane.

Champs are pretty interchangeable right now.