Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[League of Legends] New yearly Pre$tige $kin$ now available with Pre$tige Point$.

14546474951

Posts

  • TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    credeiki wrote: »
    Burnage wrote: »
    Still back dabbling in this, still funny to watch my team's reaction as they notice that I'm an Iron 2 player in Gold/Plat Elo.

    Supporting feels a little bit different to how I remember it. Warding's very restricted, burst and damage seems to be rewarded more than anything else. Doing fine with old favourites Janna, Soraka and Sona but I'm having trouble making Nami work for some reason. Might just be rusty.

    I watch a few challenger support streams (stunt, lohpally, painless) and I keep hearing (maybe just from stunt) that Sona is good to climb on. I am...not having very much luck with that and am finding that damage support (for any game) or hard engage (but only when paired with a strong adc) is best. Morgana is also good but I kinda feel like she just makes you win if you were already going to win and doesn’t really reverse the course of the game.
    Nami feels really strong right now as part of a lane dominance strategy with Caitlyn, MF, Lucian. If you’re with a weak early adc or a weak player, she feels pretty useless and doesn’t really provide solo pressure but can kinda keep you alive while hopefully some other lane is winning.

    Sona is real strong once you learn her distances, match ups, and ability to not die every time thresh looks at you funny. She's god tier for taking baron.

    Her power spikes definitely feel like they've changed a bit. She used to be fantastic at level 1 and 6 but fell off later, now she seems like she doesn't dominate the early quite as hard but got a subtantial boost to the rest of the game as compensations.

    Late game sona is legit OP as fuck. If somehow she gets 4 items, if you can't kill her ASAP in a team fight, you're not winning the fight.

    League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
    credeiki
  • credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    Burnage wrote: »
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    credeiki wrote: »
    Burnage wrote: »
    Still back dabbling in this, still funny to watch my team's reaction as they notice that I'm an Iron 2 player in Gold/Plat Elo.

    Supporting feels a little bit different to how I remember it. Warding's very restricted, burst and damage seems to be rewarded more than anything else. Doing fine with old favourites Janna, Soraka and Sona but I'm having trouble making Nami work for some reason. Might just be rusty.

    I watch a few challenger support streams (stunt, lohpally, painless) and I keep hearing (maybe just from stunt) that Sona is good to climb on. I am...not having very much luck with that and am finding that damage support (for any game) or hard engage (but only when paired with a strong adc) is best. Morgana is also good but I kinda feel like she just makes you win if you were already going to win and doesn’t really reverse the course of the game.
    Nami feels really strong right now as part of a lane dominance strategy with Caitlyn, MF, Lucian. If you’re with a weak early adc or a weak player, she feels pretty useless and doesn’t really provide solo pressure but can kinda keep you alive while hopefully some other lane is winning.

    Sona is real strong once you learn her distances, match ups, and ability to not die every time thresh looks at you funny. She's god tier for taking baron.

    Her power spikes definitely feel like they've changed a bit. She used to be fantastic at level 1 and 6 but fell off later, now she seems like she doesn't dominate the early quite as hard but got a subtantial boost to the rest of the game as compensations.

    Late game sona is legit OP as fuck. If somehow she gets 4 items, if you can't kill her ASAP in a team fight, you're not winning the fight.

    Yeah, I used to play a lot of Sona and win early game hard, but now after a couple games I feel like I'm meh-to-feeding early game whereas mid-late game I'm destroying. I just need to get used to her again; I have no idea how much damage my Q+AA does at any point in the game.

    Steam, LoL: credeiki
    air-photos.tumblr.com
  • RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    Getting wrecked in the jungle with Nocturne :( just cannot get him to carry. Lost 10+ games with him.

    Switch to Xin, immediate victories.

    Sigh

  • IvelliusIvellius Registered User regular
    Roz wrote: »
    Getting wrecked in the jungle with Nocturne :( just cannot get him to carry. Lost 10+ games with him.

    Switch to Xin, immediate victories.

    Sigh

    Nocturne's pretty solid, though maybe not the best solo queue choice. His ultimate is pretty awesome. How are you running him? Lethal Tempo + Domination secondary seems to be the dominant route at the moment.

    Me elsewhere:
    Steam, various fora: Ivellius
    League of Legends: Doctor Ivellius
    Twitch, probably another place or two I forget: LPIvellius
  • RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    Ivellius wrote: »
    Roz wrote: »
    Getting wrecked in the jungle with Nocturne :( just cannot get him to carry. Lost 10+ games with him.

    Switch to Xin, immediate victories.

    Sigh

    Nocturne's pretty solid, though maybe not the best solo queue choice. His ultimate is pretty awesome. How are you running him? Lethal Tempo + Domination secondary seems to be the dominant route at the moment.

    I typically give up a hero if manage to get really far ahead but can't win. There's just something about his role that I don't understand. I can get to 9/0 but not close games. There's fundamentally something I'm doing wrong in the end game.

  • KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    Roz wrote: »
    Ivellius wrote: »
    Roz wrote: »
    Getting wrecked in the jungle with Nocturne :( just cannot get him to carry. Lost 10+ games with him.

    Switch to Xin, immediate victories.

    Sigh

    Nocturne's pretty solid, though maybe not the best solo queue choice. His ultimate is pretty awesome. How are you running him? Lethal Tempo + Domination secondary seems to be the dominant route at the moment.

    I typically give up a hero if manage to get really far ahead but can't win. There's just something about his role that I don't understand. I can get to 9/0 but not close games. There's fundamentally something I'm doing wrong in the end game.

    So take this as you will, as I play Noc in the midlane.

    The biggest key I've found is remembering to stack your autos before you go in for damage, if you can connect your fear tether the trail from Q let's you go faster than basically anyone for a fear proc.

    Then the biggest thing for team fights is realizing that Noc isn't made for engage. Do not go in first, you are squishy and they will tear you apart. Let the engage happen and CC used, then ult into their ADC. For longer ults I am fairly certain you can buffer your Q in so it lands before you do, and buffs your ult damage.

    I always would build him Tiamat into duskblade midlane. But it's been a number of patches sincey last run.

    If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
  • RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    I wonder if nocturne is an optimal choice if you're going to typically be one of the better players on your team/ in the game. In an ideal world as nocturne aren't you just looking to trade your life for their biggest threat, typically their adc? He goes in, blows someone up, then blows up. Which is all well in good if your teammates are going to carry afterwards but if their not youre dead as nocturne.

    I haven't played nocturne on a long time, and when I did I had the same problem of carrying early game and getting my lanes ahead then not being able to do anything late game.

    credeikiKoreg
  • TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    RickRude wrote: »
    I wonder if nocturne is an optimal choice if you're going to typically be one of the better players on your team/ in the game. In an ideal world as nocturne aren't you just looking to trade your life for their biggest threat, typically their adc? He goes in, blows someone up, then blows up. Which is all well in good if your teammates are going to carry afterwards but if their not youre dead as nocturne.

    I haven't played nocturne on a long time, and when I did I had the same problem of carrying early game and getting my lanes ahead then not being able to do anything late game.

    Noct's goal in the late game is to trade his life, or catch someone out. If no one on your team is fed, you gotta do the catch out strat. If someone is, then sacrifice is fine. When in doubt stopwatch, super good. Early GA, real nice. both together, troll as fuck way to survive.

    League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Man, does Illaoi have a new skin in the pipe or something?

    Because dear lord it sometimes feels like she can use a nerf or ten.

    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    If she ults, you need to be nowhere near her. It makes it so whenever she attacks with W all the others join in and the W recast is shortened I believe. Otherwise, she's whatever.

    League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    After getting to gold pretty easily through support, I've been hard stuck after transitioning to jungle. The game has changed pretty dramatically for that role, there's a ton of jungle strategy and pathing that's difficult to internalize. I've had to watch a few junglers explain what's going on, since most streamers these days are less interested in teaching and more about wakka wakka nonsense.

    I tried Noc and had to give up since I couldn't hard carry games. I switched to Vi, which was better but could not get over a 50% win rate. I've tried Camille and really like her. In a big way though, she makes me kinda sad. She's what a modern Vi should look like. In virtually every way she's basically a better Vi - she has better burst, better dueling potential, her E is so much easier to use than Vi's Q. And her ult is a giant upgrade from Vi's. Being able to lockout a target, isolate them, gain bonus damage, AND become invulnerable during the process is ridiculous compared to the way that Vi's works. She just seems like a pound for pound better hero, which is disappointing :(

    Ivellius
  • TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Roz wrote: »
    After getting to gold pretty easily through support, I've been hard stuck after transitioning to jungle. The game has changed pretty dramatically for that role, there's a ton of jungle strategy and pathing that's difficult to internalize. I've had to watch a few junglers explain what's going on, since most streamers these days are less interested in teaching and more about wakka wakka nonsense.

    I tried Noc and had to give up since I couldn't hard carry games. I switched to Vi, which was better but could not get over a 50% win rate. I've tried Camille and really like her. In a big way though, she makes me kinda sad. She's what a modern Vi should look like. In virtually every way she's basically a better Vi - she has better burst, better dueling potential, her E is so much easier to use than Vi's Q. And her ult is a giant upgrade from Vi's. Being able to lockout a target, isolate them, gain bonus damage, AND become invulnerable during the process is ridiculous compared to the way that Vi's works. She just seems like a pound for pound better hero, which is disappointing :(

    Uh...I don't agree. Vi's Q is less limited than Camille E and goes further. Her ult CCs vs just isolating, both of which are have their pros and cons. Vi's W is kinda whatever, and a rework that turns it into a skill and moves the passive to something else would be useful for sure.

    I'd definitely say she's not an inferior Camille pound for pound, but Camille's harder to use and can carry harder, but also is less tanky and dies in team fights hard.

    @credeiki I played an ADC game and won so clearly I am plat AD.

    League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
    credeiki
  • KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    Camille support is hysterical and a much better choice than Singed support.

    If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
    IvelliusRickRude
  • JookieJookie Registered User regular
    Illaoi got a skin last year. She won't get her second skin until 2022 at the earliest.

    butts
  • IvelliusIvellius Registered User regular
    Roz wrote: »
    After getting to gold pretty easily through support, I've been hard stuck after transitioning to jungle. The game has changed pretty dramatically for that role, there's a ton of jungle strategy and pathing that's difficult to internalize. I've had to watch a few junglers explain what's going on, since most streamers these days are less interested in teaching and more about wakka wakka nonsense.

    If you want to chat with a Platinum jungle main (who mostly plays tanks but dabbles in others) lemme know. (It's me, the person is me.) This is probably the first preseason in who knows how long that they didn't change the jungle kind of significantly.

    Me elsewhere:
    Steam, various fora: Ivellius
    League of Legends: Doctor Ivellius
    Twitch, probably another place or two I forget: LPIvellius
  • RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    I tried going back to jungle in some normals after not playing it since the major changes like scuttles. I'm pretty sure I was very bad. I was fine at the normal routes and ganking, but the first game I forgot about the scuttles completely, and never have figured out how to add them into a rotation and when to contest them. And I belive a lot of early game jungle is now about scuttles

    Ivellius
  • JookieJookie Registered User regular
    http://www.surrenderat20.net/2019/01/champion-reveal-sylas-unshackled.html?m=1
    This is going to be fun playing against. The last time a champion had spell theft as an ability really worked out well too even.

    butts
  • TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Jookie wrote: »
    http://www.surrenderat20.net/2019/01/champion-reveal-sylas-unshackled.html?m=1
    This is going to be fun playing against. The last time a champion had spell theft as an ability really worked out well too even.

    IMO Zoe's issue isn't the theft, it's the free damage/move speed/proto belt and redemptions.

    Right now she's apparently relatively balanced, but I see her so rarely. :shrug:

    League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • SproutSprout Registered User regular
    I am very excited for Hot Communist Rubick.

    Dac VinDyvim Tvar
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    9.1 patch notes.

    Also on the PBE Vayne is getting a Prestige edition skin, Firecracker Vayne.

    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Heartbreaker Vi:
    254012.jpg

    Heartpiercer Fiora:
    114023.jpg

    They fucking.

    RickRudecredeikiBurnagePenumbraDyvim Tvar
  • PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    I am so sick of Prestige edition skins.

    steam_sig.png
    3DS Friend Code: 5386-8399-1472
    Sprout
  • credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    7fijzmn9fwg9.jpg

    This has a strong Spirited Away feeling and is overall fantastic

    Steam, LoL: credeiki
    air-photos.tumblr.com
    IvelliusPenumbraDyvim TvarMoridin889
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy Don't despair. Not even over the fact that you don't despair.Registered User regular
    What are prestige skins

    Elki wrote: »

    Casual Eddy: best poster 2014.
    tyrannus wrote: »
    Casual Eddy: best poster of 2015

    gotta update that stuff man
    Ivellius
  • ErlkönigErlkönig Registered User regular
    edited January 9
    What are prestige skins

    Grind or spend a bunch of money to pick up a limited-time chroma.

    EDIT - correction: when I say limited-time, I mean the window to pick one up is limited...not that the skin can only be used for a limited time.

    Erlkönig on
    | Origin/R*SC/Steam: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum |
  • RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    I will never get over how awesome yet hilarious Vi's giant hands look in any social setting.

    I'd watch a 5 minute clip of her eating a sandwich.

    Penumbragigawatt666Dyvim TvarMoridin889RickRude
  • Red RaevynRed Raevyn because I only take Bubble Baths Registered User regular
    Roz wrote: »
    I will never get over how awesome yet hilarious Vi's giant hands look in any social setting.

    I'd watch a 5 minute clip of her eating a sandwich.
    Yeah, I had deleted a post cause I'd answered all my questions, but I was struck by how silly they looked and couldn't figure out why she didn't just take them off. Were they stuck on? No, as it turns out, they're definitely just machines she puts on to do her work and one official lore piece talks about her looking forward to taking them off at the end of the day and icing her hands. Then it's like, why is she was wearing them at a wedding or w/e, but I looked closely and noticed the injured people on the ground and figured she's supposed to have just been fighting there... before pumpernickel queen? Fiora gives her a hankie and ... knights her? I really don't want to go find out what absurd scenario they cooked up to justify the skins/pictures so I gave up there.

    This is why I don't usually look closely at league art.


    credeiki
  • SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Red Raevyn wrote: »
    Roz wrote: »
    I will never get over how awesome yet hilarious Vi's giant hands look in any social setting.

    I'd watch a 5 minute clip of her eating a sandwich.
    Yeah, I had deleted a post cause I'd answered all my questions, but I was struck by how silly they looked and couldn't figure out why she didn't just take them off. Were they stuck on? No, as it turns out, they're definitely just machines she puts on to do her work and one official lore piece talks about her looking forward to taking them off at the end of the day and icing her hands. Then it's like, why is she was wearing them at a wedding or w/e, but I looked closely and noticed the injured people on the ground and figured she's supposed to have just been fighting there... before pumpernickel queen? Fiora gives her a hankie and ... knights her? I really don't want to go find out what absurd scenario they cooked up to justify the skins/pictures so I gave up there.

    This is why I don't usually look closely at league art.


    She's fighting a bunch of dudes for Fiora's favor, after being given a token of her affection (the kind of giant handkerchief).

    Because they fucking.

    credeikiDyvim TvarMoridin889Casual EddyRickRudeBurnage
  • ErlkönigErlkönig Registered User regular
    Sprout wrote: »
    Red Raevyn wrote: »
    Roz wrote: »
    I will never get over how awesome yet hilarious Vi's giant hands look in any social setting.

    I'd watch a 5 minute clip of her eating a sandwich.
    Yeah, I had deleted a post cause I'd answered all my questions, but I was struck by how silly they looked and couldn't figure out why she didn't just take them off. Were they stuck on? No, as it turns out, they're definitely just machines she puts on to do her work and one official lore piece talks about her looking forward to taking them off at the end of the day and icing her hands. Then it's like, why is she was wearing them at a wedding or w/e, but I looked closely and noticed the injured people on the ground and figured she's supposed to have just been fighting there... before pumpernickel queen? Fiora gives her a hankie and ... knights her? I really don't want to go find out what absurd scenario they cooked up to justify the skins/pictures so I gave up there.

    This is why I don't usually look closely at league art.


    She's fighting a bunch of dudes for Fiora's favor, after being given a token of her affection (the kind of giant handkerchief).

    Because they fucking.

    It kinda looks like a tournament-style arena.

    | Origin/R*SC/Steam: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum |
    SproutDyvim Tvar
  • credeikicredeiki Registered User regular

    gqcymhtkgzhi.png

    these are so good aaaaa

    They've really gotten so good at skins and splash art

    Steam, LoL: credeiki
    air-photos.tumblr.com
  • credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Whoa, also I hadn't actually watched the Sylas video yet but uh


    shit he is legit hot
    Shirtless bearded communist with magic tattoos hell yes

    Steam, LoL: credeiki
    air-photos.tumblr.com
  • IvelliusIvellius Registered User regular
    Yeah, I'm going to be mad about this. The new prestige skins require prestige points...which currently you only get through spending money on bundles. Arguably that's kind of better than the pass version (because you can get stuff in addition to the skin), but...this whole thing makes me sad. I was hoping their monetization schemes would start to become less blatant. Oh well.

    Me elsewhere:
    Steam, various fora: Ivellius
    League of Legends: Doctor Ivellius
    Twitch, probably another place or two I forget: LPIvellius
    RickRude
  • TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Ivellius wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm going to be mad about this. The new prestige skins require prestige points...which currently you only get through spending money on bundles. Arguably that's kind of better than the pass version (because you can get stuff in addition to the skin), but...this whole thing makes me sad. I was hoping their monetization schemes would start to become less blatant. Oh well.

    It's a chroma for a skin, which costs money by default. I just don't see why you're mad.

    League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • ErlkönigErlkönig Registered User regular
    edited January 10
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    Ivellius wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm going to be mad about this. The new prestige skins require prestige points...which currently you only get through spending money on bundles. Arguably that's kind of better than the pass version (because you can get stuff in addition to the skin), but...this whole thing makes me sad. I was hoping their monetization schemes would start to become less blatant. Oh well.

    It's a chroma for a skin, which costs money by default. I just don't see why you're mad.

    I can see it two ways:

    1) Yes, it's a chroma...those cost money by default
    2) To add the 'prestige' into the prestige chroma, how about making it so you get those prestige credits with a pass that lets you collect credits by playing matches with the skin that the prestige chroma applies to (or you can crack open your wallet)

    EDIT - then again, maybe my suggestion would be even more monetized and predatory. Instead of just buying the shit out of packs, you can buy the shit out of packs along with buying the base skin + a pass. Oh well.

    Erlkönig on
    | Origin/R*SC/Steam: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum |
  • IvelliusIvellius Registered User regular
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    It's a chroma for a skin, which costs money by default. I just don't see why you're mad.

    Operating under the assumption that "Prestige" skins should generally require some in-game investment, not simply huge monetary expenditures. Also more sad than mad, really.

    Me elsewhere:
    Steam, various fora: Ivellius
    League of Legends: Doctor Ivellius
    Twitch, probably another place or two I forget: LPIvellius
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck (♡°◡°) Registered User regular
    I'm totes fine with the prestige chromas and shit like the hextech gem skins as long as they're still putting out content I can afford

    I just figure they're using whales to subsidize the game I like : D

    credeikiPenumbraMoridin889
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    That's... odd. I guess they saw people spending mad bux on the orbs and Snowdown chests to grind points.

    I've heard they *are* looking at ways to get people points without paying, though.

    Maybe stick some in honor chests?

    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Ultimate skins just ain’t bringing in the cash like they used to, I guess. And with the prestige ones they can expend less effort and charge more.

    They’re almost all fucking hideous to me, but whatevs.

    credeikiPenumbra
  • ErlkönigErlkönig Registered User regular
    Sprout wrote: »
    Ultimate skins just ain’t bringing in the cash like they used to, I guess. And with the prestige ones they can expend less effort and charge more.

    They’re almost all fucking hideous to me, but whatevs.

    I kinda like Akali's prestige recolor. Haven't had a chance to try out Irelia's yet, though.

    | Origin/R*SC/Steam: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum |
  • RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    edited January 11
    Watched some Zwag on Xerath. Think, "Wow that looks awesome, I bet I can do that."

    Load up game as mid. Get crushed. Think, "This game is so hard."

    Decide to try again but ban Yassuo this time. 50k damage in 30 minutes and hard carry team. #itssobeautiful

    Roz on
    Ivellius
Sign In or Register to comment.