As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] [new Ahri skin to fund the year] / [cervitaur dating sim activated]

• Options
    KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    So I had two games where an enemy player trolled. First game it was a static shiv rush Soraka. Intend their ass off. I reported them.

Second game, support draven who stole farm, did not buy support item, intend their ass off. In after game chat they admit the only reason they do this is because they won't get banned and they like to see the madness of team mates.

I submit a full ticket with pictures of the chat.

Riots response so far: "Don't care, use post game report".

Turns out, they were the same person I got in two back to back games on my enemy team.

Edit: though thanks to him I'm now in promos to get out of bronze and into silver

Koreg on
    If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
  • Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    Got myself a couple of Akali wins. Slowly putting her together. There's just so much to get down with her.

I'm hoping to really get myself able to pop off on her.

Get ready to get whacked with the nerf bat. I've been watching a youtuber play her on the PBE and he's not happy. Notable changes: true-stealth is going away (this one makes sense), the heal on her Q is also gone (that one hits a fair bit harder).

We'll see what makes its way out of the PBE and onto live servers...but just be prepared ready for the nerfening.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Ok seriously how do I get an S on Sejuani?

xy4pl6v2k6dm.jpg

For context, Morgana and Sion both got at least an S- this game. I missed some CC because Vladimir is a slippery devil, and I can't ever seem to do too much damage on Sejuani. What damage items can I think about buying if we're ahead and I'm sufficiently tanky?

But, I had better vision score than everyone on the team except for Morgana, I bought the most Control wards, dumpstered J4 in farm, took a bunch of his camps, converted kills into objectives... I feel like I can play excellently as a tank and just not do much damage and then I always get As.

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Erlkönig wrote: »
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    Got myself a couple of Akali wins. Slowly putting her together. There's just so much to get down with her.

I'm hoping to really get myself able to pop off on her.

Get ready to get whacked with the nerf bat. I've been watching a youtuber play her on the PBE and he's not happy. Notable changes: true-stealth is going away (this one makes sense), the heal on her Q is also gone (that one hits a fair bit harder).

We'll see what makes its way out of the PBE and onto live servers...but just be prepared ready for the nerfening.

That already happened.

Fleet Foot + Overshield is the response to that (works all right). The loss of stealth under towers hurts, but it's all right. You can play around it. I'm nowhere near good enough that these are deal breakers. It does mean she doesn't get banned as much, so I can actually play her at least.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    Akali is still really strong.

Had one wreck me despite her being down 1/3 and me being like 4/2 as Kindred. If you don't have skill shots to fire at her, there is no counterplay still.

• Options
    Promo'd to Silver IV, still can't get an S on Sejuani

yb0if87xh8ta.jpg

@Roz we can queue together now bby

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    The Teemo train still has no breaks.

sNXCoNb.png

Almost have a 80% win rate on him across this season so far.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    If you really want an S just aggressively farm all game

I went like 3-3-4 with jungle mundo and just started auto farming because my team was crushing it without me, ended up farming to an S

• Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    If you want to see why Riot was so quick to hotfix the Spellthief items, watch KZ/SKT game 1 from today. Top, mid, and bot on KZ all have one. I've never seen less fog of war on a mini map.

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    I want to finish my adc placements but it keeps putting me support! I get so spoiled by 100% role selection and short queue times when I queue support primary...

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    In promos to get out of bronze. 1-2 so far.

1 game was totally my fault. The other I had a botlane go down like 15? kills in twenty minutes and an MF mid who spent more time trying to steal my jungle camps from me than in mid lane.

Most entertaining part was the MF refused to rotate with the team. So I asked her to rotate with us, her response "You know I can't move when I ult, right?"

• Options
    IvelliusIvellius Registered User regular
    Sprout wrote: »
    If you want to see why Riot was so quick to hotfix the Spellthief items, watch KZ/SKT game 1 from today. Top, mid, and bot on KZ all have one. I've never seen less fog of war on a mini map.

S...2, I think it was, was pretty much the same; typical support build was "as many wards as you can carry" plus an Oracle's. I'm glad it's not that anymore, however.

Me elsewhere:
    Steam, various fora: Ivellius
    League of Legends: Doctor Ivellius
    Twitch, probably another place or two I forget: LPIvellius
  • Options
    Well I lost my promo into silver. Last game was just...brutal. Every lane including myself feeding.

Sylas jungle is straight up stupid with how strong it is. He had his jungle item, and was 2v1ing. After solo killing me at level 2.

• Options
    This is some kind of matchmaking, pogchamp

2xaxbdnq5b1w.jpg

• Options
    After that loss I thought I'd queue for one more game, try to go to bed on a win

At about 25 minutes, we kill the enemy jungler and mid, then take baron, then midlane 2nd tower, base tower and inhib. As we're taking the base tower I say "Inhib then leave", because some enemies we've killed after Baron will be respawning. Right on cue, we take the inhib and the three enemies have 2, 4, and 8 seconds left to respawn.

My chucklefuck Ziggs pings the open bot inhib and walks towards it, and everyone follows him, and Syndra respawns, rushes out with fountain speed, stuns everyone, and the enemy team gets 3 kills with 3 shutdowns. I am the only one to escape because I am Rammus and not a gooddamn moron, but they catch up to and kill me anyway because Pyke.

So now instead of a bulletproof lead with an inhib down, an inhib open, and lane pressure in the third lane, four of us are dead, the enemy has free lanes to farm, and they've just gotten 2k gold from shutdowns. And Infernal Drake is about to spawn.

If I could wish for Bronze/Silver players to learn one goddamn thing it'd be to recognize when enough is enough. If we'd just backed out of base and rotated through their jungle to bot inhib, we could have gotten it after perhaps 30 additional seconds with zero risk. Or just backed off, spent our fortunes, and regrouped for another teamfight.

• Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    I am really new, my only owned champion right now is Lux, I have mostly been grabbing the free rotation champs to play against the bots and get a feel for the character. I tried one character in the current rotation. Kindred I think, and there wasn't a list of items that the game was recommending I buy. Are there other champs like that or is Kindred unique in that regard?

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Ivellius wrote: »
    Sprout wrote: »

S...2, I think it was, was pretty much the same; typical support build was "as many wards as you can carry" plus an Oracle's. I'm glad it's not that anymore, however.

It feels like a mixed blessing. I like being able to buy items as support, but I miss being able to control the vision game single handedly.

The unupgraded boots + wards build was definitely shitty, but it actually felt like I was more responsible for a win or loss back then.

• Options
    Seg wrote: »
    I am really new, my only owned champion right now is Lux, I have mostly been grabbing the free rotation champs to play against the bots and get a feel for the character. I tried one character in the current rotation. Kindred I think, and there wasn't a list of items that the game was recommending I buy. Are there other champs like that or is Kindred unique in that regard?

When you open the shop there are two tabs you can click. I think you clicked the full shop and not tell recommended items.

I play Kindred exclusively right now and I would not recommend them for a new player. They have a lot of mechanics that really gimp new players.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

welcome to LoL! The 1st Post has a pile of great resources to check out. :)

• Options
    Burnage wrote: »
    It feels like a mixed blessing. I like being able to buy items as support, but I miss being able to control the vision game single handedly.

The unupgraded boots + wards build was definitely shitty, but it actually felt like I was more responsible for a win or loss back then.

It's weird, because it felt so good when you were ahead / against a team that didn't ward--you could see almost literally everything on the map at once, and there was definitely some satisfaction at being like "I am responsible for this god-like omniscience." At the same time, it was basically a different game than the rest of your team was playing, and it felt so bad if you got behind / they were sweeping wards effectively. Overall I'm glad the game has shifted away from that.

Welcome! Kindred definitely does have recommended items (or last I played that was true), so I'm in agreement that maybe you just clicked the "all items" list. Feel free to add me if you're on NA (Doctor Ivellius), and I hope your experience is good.

Me elsewhere:
  • Options
    Red RaevynRed Raevyn because I only take Bubble Baths Registered User regular
    Koreg wrote: »
    Well I lost my promo into silver. Last game was just...brutal. Every lane including myself feeding.

Sylas jungle is straight up stupid with how strong it is. He had his jungle item, and was 2v1ing. After solo killing me at level 2.
    I still remember the sting of when I saw jungle Sylas; haven't seen anyone get that fed in a while. I couldn't tell if it was the champion or not because nigh anyone is horrific with that much of a gold lead, but his burst was pretty gross. I feel your pain.

• Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    I clicked back and forth between the tabs, so I guess it was just glitching for me. I am ok with that.

And I agree, I am not ready to play that character on the regular.

I had looked at the first few posts in the thread and the links to free skins don't work any longer. (New Player Guide, number 6.)

And the second suggestion in Dos and Don'ts also seems confusing since I have four preset Rune pages my primary problem with Rune pages is that I am not sure which of the presets I should be using with which of the different characters that are available. I figure I should hold off on creating custom rune pages until after I have figured out which champs I want to focus on.

One of the missions I have will give me a new Icon and 500 experience if I watch a live match or VOD of one of the Global Leagues on their website. Are there any of the Global League VODs that might be instructional?

• Options
    I had looked at the first few posts in the thread and the links to free skins don't work any longer. (New Player Guide, number 6.)

And the second suggestion in Dos and Don'ts also seems confusing since I have four preset Rune pages my primary problem with Rune pages is that I am not sure which of the presets I should be using with which of the different characters that are available. I figure I should hold off on creating custom rune pages until after I have figured out which champs I want to focus on.

One of the missions I have will give me a new Icon and 500 experience if I watch a live match or VOD of one of the Global Leagues on their website. Are there any of the Global League VODs that might be instructional?

You know, when I first took over this, @credeiki told me to clean it up and I never did. It's been pared down a bit. All of the obsolete stuff I noticed in the first post is gone, though there might be some cruft that remains. (Also don't have time to check the second post right now.)

Runes used to be different, but now you can do a bit more "on the fly." Roughly, Dom = Assassins, Prec = Carries, Resolve = Tanks, and Sorcery = Mages, but there are some outliers and that doesn't cover everyone. Inspiration is kinda weird and I probably wouldn't recommend for new players.

Honestly, given where you are, I don't know if you'll get a ton out of watching a VoD, though the casters are generally pretty solid all-around. I watched a few interesting games last week, but 1) I'd need to look them up and 2) the things I find interesting probably aren't that intriguing to a new player. (Jayce jungle?!)

Me elsewhere:
  • Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    Now might be a bad time to watch for tips from the pros. They aren't on the hot fixed 9.3 with the frost fang change I believe. So you see tops playing with 0 cs, which is bad normally

• Options
    https://youtu.be/22hpDj6yeYw

You know, I kinda like Phreak doing a little bit of a talk about League math.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    I hate that I have to now ban Sylas, over all of the other people who deserve a ban...

Like Master Yi, Kayn, Xin Xhao, and Kassadin

• Options
    Yeah, those hot-fix buffs that they gave Sylas after release were kind of overboard.

I’m surprised they havn’t been toned down yet.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    It's such an awesome feeling when you go into a game with a plan and it works. I've been watching some more of those skill-capped videos and one suggested starting jungle with
    red > scuttle > mid > scuttle > top/bot (whichever's opposite your red).
    I went in as Udyr and it went
    red > scuttle > kill mid > scuttle > kill top. *kisses fingers*

I'd also watched one about closing games and they suggested prioritizing
    1. take down outer towers
    2. invade enemy jungle (sweeper and pinks)
    3. control baron vision
    I was doing step 2 when their ADC walked into me alone in area I'd cleared and warded - free kill!

In contrast my "strategy" for playing ADC seems to be consistently losing lane and winning game. I've gone ~0/3 then won the game (sometimes doing well late, but getting straight carried at least as often) 4 games in a row. Fifth game I decided to try Caitlyn and focus on skill-capped tips, namely trying to stay parallel with my ranged support and take isolated trades (when one of the enemies is offset so your duo can trade and only one of their's can respond). It helped a lot! (also Caitlyn's range advantage over Lucian). Gonna keep working on it.

• Options
    Losing lane gracefully is just as important of a skill as winning the lane. So long you don't hang over more then say 6 or 7 collective botlane kills (unless they all go to the ADC) then things are still going ok.

For example, last nights game had a 1st time Pantheon go 2/10, 1st time Zyra go 0/11 and a Sivir go 3/10. They were still almost carried by myself and Veigar.

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Red Raevyn wrote: »
    It's such an awesome feeling when you go into a game with a plan and it works. I've been watching some more of those skill-capped videos and one suggested starting jungle with

3. control baron vision
    I was doing step 2 when their ADC walked into me alone in area I'd cleared and warded - free kill!

In contrast my "strategy" for playing ADC seems to be consistently losing lane and winning game. I've gone ~0/3 then won the game (sometimes doing well late, but getting straight carried at least as often) 4 games in a row. Fifth game I decided to try Caitlyn and focus on skill-capped tips, namely trying to stay parallel with my ranged support and take isolated trades (when one of the enemies is offset so your duo can trade and only one of their's can respond). It helped a lot! (also Caitlyn's range advantage over Lucian). Gonna keep working on it.

Huh....this is something I try to do instinctively but have never actually articulated it to myself in words. Maybe I should watch some of those videos; got any that you in particular recommend or am I better served by just looking up a topic of choice?

I really hate YouTube style so I basically never watch videos/ skip through them, but I think I actually do end up missing out on useful educational material that way...

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    So G2 is really good at league of legends. They make everyone else look like they are in the minor leagues. I think they are a legit threat to win worlds.

• Options
    That game tilted me. I've been on teams that run that kind of comp. It never works in solo q

• Options
    credeiki wrote: »
    Red Raevyn wrote: »

3. control baron vision

Huh....this is something I try to do instinctively but have never actually articulated it to myself in words. Maybe I should watch some of those videos; got any that you in particular recommend or am I better served by just looking up a topic of choice?

I really hate YouTube style so I basically never watch videos/ skip through them, but I think I actually do end up missing out on useful educational material that way...
    I don't blame you, because their titles and thumbnails are all really awful. YouTube had recommended them to me before but I'd ignored them until someone mentioned them here. They're surprisingly well made, though. This is the ADC one I liked recently:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BE1ylO1EilM

and this one talks about controlling the first 3 waves to put yourself in a good spot:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lxTBNHgbHE
    Probably pretty basic and you might know it already, but I know I forget basic stuff when I start trying to improve other things.

• Options
    I read somewhere that with the way the game is set now, it's no longer who is the best player on the teams but who is the worst. I feel like that is quite true. No matter how fed most champs are, they can't win when 1 or more of their teammates get caught out. Or headbutt a fed Malphite into your stacked Kindred (me) so the Malph can combo your backline to death.

Also how long until Ezreal gets nerfed to death? Bronze and silver ADCs I run into pick him and do no damage.

• Options
    GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    I got a new router months ago, but stayed away from League. I played 4 games today. Blind pick(Japan server has no normal draft pick). I lost one and won three. Good teammates, I had some definite rift-rust.

3 games of mid, and 1 fill(jungle). I did get an s rank to get my first box in 6 months.

• Options
    GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Edit: Double post.

What is the proper ratio of farming to ganking in the new jungle?

Geddoe on
  • Options
    Based on what I've seen and read it's in the "normal" state where it's neither a you must gank all the time nor an everyone is power-farming. There was a phase of Karthus jungle? for a while which obviously is afk-farm, but there's a lot of Camille*, Xin Zhao and Udyr early gank stuff going too. I like the latter because it's best not to put the early game entirely in the hands of your laners. You do wanna grab a scuttle level 2-3 if you can, it's a good chunk of gold/xp.

• Options
    I haven't watched today's match so maybe they already lost, but I can see g2 going 18-0. Nobody is in the same league as them.when I watch them play. And there's not a team in.America I'd say snacks up against them. This is a super team if they can keep it together up till and through worlds.

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Climbed up to 67 LP in Silver IV today. These games feel a lot like my Bronze I games :biggrin:

I notice that Kindred is free this week. I think I'm gonna do some jungle normals with them, see if I want to unlock.

Rius on
  • Options
    There are hidden rewards for the watch esports achievements. In addition to another icon you can get a Teemote if you do 8 of the weekly missions before April 23rd. They weren't worth it to me for just 250 BE but that'll be my first emote besides my favorite t'umbs up.
    em-teemo.jpg&resize=120: