As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] [new Ahri skin to fund the year] / [cervitaur dating sim activated]

• Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED

As Warwick against actual human players, solo the drake before the 4 minute mark. (A bit of enemy jungle tracking was involved, and by that I mean he ganked top and that was my sign :D )

• Options
    italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    I can already see I'm destined for great things. Maybe even Bronze IV! Although I ward religiously, I'm terrible at actually looking at my minimap. I played a game as Garen Top were I got ganked by the mid-laner 4 times :x . I could make the excuse that it was because my mid-laner and jungler were both constantly diving bottom for no real gain putting absolutely no pressure anywhere else, but that is just an excuse. That being said my mechanics on Garen have definitely improved. I'm winning most of my lanes, if cutting it uncomfortably close sometimes. I still need to make better use of my summoner spells, but honestly I don't think I do that bad for someone with only a few weeks experience. Most of my big mistakes come from simply not knowing what the other champions are capable of. I guess it goes both ways though: so far my technique of buying an early bramblevest takes just about everyone by surprise. Sorry Warwick, when you pounce on my you dun fucked up.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    I can already see I'm destined for great things. Maybe even Bronze IV! Although I ward religiously, I'm terrible at actually looking at my minimap. I played a game as Garen Top were I got ganked by the mid-laner 4 times :x . I could make the excuse that it was because my mid-laner and jungler were both constantly diving bottom for no real gain putting absolutely no pressure anywhere else, but that is just an excuse. That being said my mechanics on Garen have definitely improved. I'm winning most of my lanes, if cutting it uncomfortably close sometimes. I still need to make better use of my summoner spells, but honestly I don't think I do that bad for someone with only a few weeks experience. Most of my big mistakes come from simply not knowing what the other champions are capable of. I guess it goes both ways though: so far my technique of buying an early bramblevest takes just about everyone by surprise. Sorry Warwick, when you pounce on my you dun fucked up.

1) That kind of thing happens, just play safer. Garen's defense buff and judgement damage make him unappealing to dive.
    2) No, buying early hp+resist against the opponent/jungle is solid for bruisers. Good base damage means they win trades just off the tankiness, and Garen has both passive regen and free resists.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    It's been awhile since I have played league. I got sucked back into WoW as my game of choice for awhile.

I played my first ranked match of the season as Warwick. Dominated my way through the game. Though, have they nerfed Dark Harvest stack generation? It seems different

Pouncing on a Garen is not ever a good idea as WW. Your job there is to fear him, then run away as your ADC shoots him to death.

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
  • Options
    People don't appreciate a well played Garen. Yeah, I was absent for most of the team fighting, but I got 6 towers and 2 inhibs. Which is more important? I'm pretty sure I carried this last game despite a start v Kennen top (and my first time fighting him besides). I juked 4 different ambushes from WW, and counter-jungled him as well. Not a single kudo or thanks or well played or anything. Just a little throw-away hate from the other team. Well at least I'm impressed with myself :+1:

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • Options
    DumleDoorDumleDoor Dr. AZ, USA, HendersonRegistered User new member
    edited February 2018
    New Rakan is so cute :twisted:

DumleDoor on
    l88w2VX.png
    robot-vacs. robot-pets. robot-humans?
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    What happened to the concept of making female champions who weren't just body type="Syndra in cosplay"

Riot get your act together; Kai'sa looks entirely generic and literally just has the same body model as Ashe (and Syndra, Shyvana, Caitlyn, Xayah, etcetcetcetcetcetc)

like does the thirsty straightboy market feel insufficiently catered to right now somehow?

credeiki on
    Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    I think I'd be more interested if her alternate skin was more red, yellow, and orange, maybe with a green visor, and a bluish arm-cannon. Let me attach a quick sketch of what I'm talking about:
    0b2fba7696e2a79c7449539ea2c8afcc--metroid-samus-samus-aran.jpg

italianranma on
    飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • Options
    IvelliusIvellius Registered User regular
    For anyone confused: Kai'sa Revealed.
    credeiki wrote: »
    What happened to the concept of making female champions who weren't just body type="Syndra in cosplay"

No, they're covering "giraffe neck" lovers with her base splash. (I can't unsee it, so now all of you have to.)
    I think I'd be more interested if her alternate skin was more red, yellow, and orange, maybe with a green visor, and a bluish arm-cannon. Let me attach a quick sketch of what I'm talking about:

Incoming Chroma, probably.

Me elsewhere:
    Steam, various fora: Ivellius
    League of Legends: Doctor Ivellius
    Twitch, probably another place or two I forget: LPIvellius
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Well, after a weird set of flex queue placements I somehow placed into Gold by going 3-7. yayy MMR not resetting I guess?

Now I can just use it as my "practice other top laners" queue, since I just wanted it to be gold for the extra chroma.

I really need to fix my framerate/unstable image issue before tryharding in solo queue. If I turn vertical sync on it smooths out the image so that it's playable, but I still notice that my mouse is very "sticky", especially if I'm quickly moving it over large distances. I had so many cancelled autos in lane because I don't use a+click, so now with this issue I'm no longer right clicking the champion.

Ugh. Probably going to have to block out several hours at some point to figuring this out which sucks.

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    You know, I had a nice thought in the pipeline about how Riot got really good at female designs since Jinx (and even then her design wasn't as bad as Syndra and the classics).

For one, welp, the thirst is real with Kai'Sa. For two, your daily dose "fuck I'm old", Jinx was released four years ago.

• Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    Someone released a very in depth look through the years of top lane. Being able to go "I remember that" and then him saying it was six years ago is fuckin whoa hold up.

butts
  • Options
    Dac Vin wrote: »
    You know, I had a nice thought in the pipeline about how Riot got really good at female designs since Jinx (and even then her design wasn't as bad as Syndra and the classics).

For one, welp, the thirst is real with Kai'Sa. For two, your daily dose "fuck I'm old", Jinx was released four years ago.

I actually really love Jinx's design--she looks pretty different from other female champions. She actually has a different bodytype (pretty wasted looking) from Ashe et al. But yeah, I don't know, I thought they were going to be branching out a bunch with Lissandra, Kalista, Illaoi, Camille...but I did read in one of the recent Ask Riot features that they thought it was time to go back to female champions that appealed to thirstybois though, so...yeah, I guess they're following through on that. I'm pretty disappointed. I've been telling people Riot's champion design got a lot less sexist but they're making me a liar.

• Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    Ah, so they finally got around to making Kassadin's daughter.

Four years old...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nlJuwO0GDs

Still holds up.

• Options
    Red RaevynRed Raevyn because I only take Bubble Baths Registered User regular
    Yeah. Similarly HiRez (Smite) had also been doing some pretty good stuff for a while - different body types and reasonable armor (not always both but hey). Then they cranked out a few awful ones, and most recently a PvE mode centered around their Ahri-knockoff as an anime schoolgirl, with corresponding skin you can buy. In the same patch one of their quality gods, a properly armored Japanese warrior, got a sexy French maid skin. In other words I appreciate it when champions are good but I don't bet on them maintaining it (unfortunately). I think that kind of change happens over a generation, and with new IPs - Gigantic had cool variation in characters, as an example.

It does make it worse that Kaisa is from the void though - I watched her abilities video and had no clue she was supposed to be until I read people talking about her. If you're gonna do another barbie champion so be it, but why waste the opportunity to make another cool void creature?

• Options
    I've been playing some lag spike league (husband's internet--if it were mine I'd put in the hours to try to fix it but as it is I normally don't use it too too much and can't be bothered).

Zyra, support or mid, is very good for this, since her spells are big and go through minions and then the plants do a lot of damage without help.
    Morgana mid is fine since you just drop w and hang back, and in a teamfight Q will probably land. Morgana support is untenable cause the bindings just do not work through lag.
    Sivir adc is working ok, just because I have so much familiarity with her, and can sort of spellshield correctly without really seeing what's coming, although last game I was paired with a toxic Sona who thought that Sivir+Sona damage exceeds Jhin+Karma damage at all times, even when Sivir has already used heal to save Sona from a bad all-in just prior, or when Sona is 2 levels down due to standing at tower flaming Sivir and not even leeching xp. That was...a game.
    A better game was one where I took Lethal Tempo by mistake and sacrificed some lane sustain for some amazing-feeling teamfights later. I still advocate for Fleet Foot but I gotta say, Lethal Tempo feels awesome if you happen to be wearing it.
    Kayle isn't working at all; you really have to dance at the edge of your range and that is not possible through lag.

I could, of course, just not play ranked league while I'm chilling at my husband's house with bad internet recovering from surgery but...nah :P

• Options
    I've been placed in flex twice this weekend and both times were as Bot, which I was a bit surprised by given our discussion a few pages back on popularity of lanes. The first time I swapped roles with the support, but this second time I was forced to play it and chose the only ADC I've got even a little familiarity with: Tristana. I alibied from the get-go that I was new to the role and champ, and predictably I didn't do much to help. The Morgana support I was playing with was very aggressive and got herself killed a few times while pinging the shit out of me. I mean, I get that I should have been more aggressive myself, but I told you from the beginning that I was just learning the role and to play defensively. Past the laning phase I didn't know what to do as I wasn't putting out enough damage to delete anyone, and the enemy kindred did a good job of just zoning the shit out of me during teamfights. I kept trying to grab farm, warding all the way because I'm not totally retarded, but then the Morgana started getting abusive.

I mean, I get that I wasn't doing great, and our own jungler Shaco was feeding with his reckless play, but if you're going to take the time to type out something saucy about our lineage maybe put those brainbytes into directing the team where to go next. Also, if you're Mr. Global Prismatic Situational Awareness, what are you doing here in scrub-tier playing with L20 beginner accounts? Who exactly am I playing with in these normal games if I've never been ranked? I think the general toxicity of the community is a bit exaggerated, but why do people feel the need to be bigger shitlords on this game as opposed to others?

There was one silver lining though; between Tristana, Poppy, and Lulu, I think I've got yordle-fever.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    As someone that plays assassins mid and generally tries to snowball in lane, Morgana mid tilts the every loving fuck out of me.

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    As someone that plays assassins mid and generally tries to snowball in lane, Morgana mid tilts the every loving fuck out of me.

haha yeah I play her as a counter to Fizz especially

actually in the game I was playing today, there was enemy Fizz mid and Darius top (with ignite). My teammate Riven wanted to go up against Fizz so ok, we swapped. I ended up giving up first blood--no idea how much damage Darius does--and then I was about 10 cs down in lane all lane. Didn't try to trade, didn't even try that hard to farm tbh, just stood at max range from the minion wave and pressed W on it.

Meanwhile, Riven ended up getting 4-5 kills on Fizz and 30-40 cs up, roamed bot, roamed top, completely won the game. Great laneswap, would laneswap again.

Normally as Morgana mid I trade a little bit--mostly just hoping they'll catch a tick of the W as I push--but honestly pretty much I just drop a pool and constantly auto. If my jungler comes I try for a Q or flash in for an R if I have it. If their jungler comes I press E and try to Q the jungler and maybe flash out. It's the most braindead laning pattern and I love it. Only problem is of course that you aren't really as hard as a carry as most other mids; you end up feeling pretty supportive. Still, if it's between feeling like a really fed and useful support and allowing a Fizz player to enjoy the game, I know which one I'm choosing...

credeiki on
  • Options
    edited February 2018

I can't help but look at that and think "someone really likes Kerrigan". Of course, Kerrigan's design is more alien than that, and it's not a high bar to clear.

Like, it could have been a good design if they'd liberally mixed in void beyond "skintight suit and backpack". Limbs jointed wrong, with bits of carapace. Contrast attractive and disturbing (although maybe don't go THAT into the attractive side, they'd have needed to dial back the objectification a bit period)

Polaritie on
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    the catch with doing things like that is i don't think they want to evoke the sense that her time in the Void was torturous, which making her limbs joint wrong would imply. there's a clear visual intent to have her come out of the void almost superheroic, a survivor who thrived, as opposed to someone who scraped by. in fact i would outright call her reference point "superheroes", and in that regard she is a representation of all their problematic tropes, yeah.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    SunrizeSunrize Registered User regular
    I just read about some of the Zoe changes but don't have a way to test myself. Does the "W doesn't drop teleport" change mean that MINIONS won't drop teleport bubbles, or that even when enemy champs teleport, a bubble will not appear?

• Options
    SunrizeSunrize Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »

I can't help but look at that and think "someone really likes Kerrigan". Of course, Kerrigan's design is more alien than that, and it's not a high bar to clear.

Like, it could have been a good design if they'd liberally mixed in void beyond "skintight suit and backpack". Limbs jointed wrong, with bits of carapace. Contrast attractive and disturbing (although maybe don't go THAT into the attractive side, they'd have needed to dial back the objectification a bit period)

Sorry for double post. She needed to be human to be Kassadin's daughter, so I'm glad they didn't mess with the human biophysics, but they could have done something AWESOME like Rat-Suit Pickle-Rick.

• Options
    Sunrize wrote: »

Sorry for double post. She needed to be human to be Kassadin's daughter, so I'm glad they didn't mess with the human biophysics, but they could have done something AWESOME like Rat-Suit Pickle-Rick.

Eh, it's not like Camille isn't still human (technically). That design is, frankly, just plain lazy.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    also her Q is an itano circus

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Oh hey, patch notes are up.

And they appear to have finally realized that cleansing drowsy should, in fact, prevent you from being sleeped. I have no idea why that took them this long.

• Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    shurelya.jpg
    SOON.

butts
  • Options
    Oh hey, patch notes are up.

And they appear to have finally realized that cleansing drowsy should, in fact, prevent you from being sleeped. I have no idea why that took them this long.

GOOD

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Oh nice, Twin Shadows is coming back. I like how they use "NEW?" in the description.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    Welcome back Spooky Ghosts! I've missed you!

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    Came across this forum while searching for general LoL tips. Started an account a few months ago, and am currently at level 13. Would love to play with some actual people. Game name is FlameWithoutFire

• Options
    RickRude wrote: »
    Came across this forum while searching for general LoL tips. Started an account a few months ago, and am currently at level 13. Would love to play with some actual people. Game name is FlameWithoutFire

Awesome! A lot of people have higher level accounts which are going to throw you into some intense games but there are at least a few other people starting out just now.

@Ivellius , I know you didn't want to hugely change the OP, but do you think maybe we should keep a list of summoner names for active posters in there so that people can add each other easily?

...I'm still only playing on my smurf (...which has higher normals Elo than my main, plat people every game...) on my husband's crappy internet, so I'm probably not available to group with anyone for a while.

• Options
    edited February 2018
    @Ivellius , I know you didn't want to hugely change the OP, but do you think maybe we should keep a list of summoner names for active posters in there so that people can add each other easily?

...I'm still only playing on my smurf (...which has higher normals Elo than my main, plat people every game...) on my husband's crappy internet, so I'm probably not available to group with anyone for a while.

@credeiki I don't necessarily mind doing this--actually, I don't mind cleaning up the original posts too much other than I don't have a Pastebin account so it seems less productive for me to do it--but I would probably want it to be "opt-in," and "active" also has some subjectivity. There are several who clearly count along those lines, but it seems better to me to just have people reach out in the thread to find people / add people. If people want a list, we can swing that, however.

Also...you can just play normals if you wanted to group with people, which don't have to be so tryhard? It'd be normals, at any rate.

Ivellius on
    Me elsewhere:
  • Options
    My allowable hextech boxes are starting to pile up, so I've been trying out a few new champs and the struggle is real. I'm not sure what a typical learning curve is on new champs, but I can tell you I hate getting shit on by my teammates for the noobish mistakes I make. It's like look dude, if you're in this game with me that should either mean that you're new or a smurf or I guess really shitty MMR. One person doesn't lose us the game, oh and don't ping for help when I'm halfway across the map and then blame it on me that you died 2s later.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    I just noticed that I'm the only pentakill in the first (well, second) post. :cool:

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    Ivellius wrote: »
    Ivellius , I know you didn't want to hugely change the OP, but do you think maybe we should keep a list of summoner names for active posters in there so that people can add each other easily?

credeiki I don't necessarily mind doing this--actually, I don't mind cleaning up the original posts too much other than I don't have a Pastebin account so it seems less productive for me to do it--but I would probably want it to be "opt-in," and "active" also has some subjectivity. There are several who clearly count along those lines, but it seems better to me to just have people reach out in the thread to find people / add people. If people want a list, we can swing that, however.

Also...you can just play normals if you wanted to group with people, which don't have to be so tryhard? It'd be normals, at any rate.

I suppose; I don't feel great inflicting my terrible ping on people I actually know...it's so inconsistent though and doesn't actually seem to stop me from playing adc? Although I was csing like garbage on Ashe earlier today and couldn't tell if it was 1. I never play Ashe 2. they changed the +18% as from precision into only +9% as 3. they removed a bonus 5 AD everyone was getting vs minions 4. I had weird ping the whole game

my smurf account with the higher mmr but more limited champion selection than my main is Racter0 if anyone wants to hit me up with invites there, and my main is of course credeiki

• Options
    I suppose; I don't feel great inflicting my terrible ping on people I actually know...it's so inconsistent though and doesn't actually seem to stop me from playing adc? Although I was csing like garbage on Ashe earlier today and couldn't tell if it was 1. I never play Ashe 2. they changed the +18% as from precision into only +9% as 3. they removed a bonus 5 AD everyone was getting vs minions 4. I had weird ping the whole game

my smurf account with the higher mmr but more limited champion selection than my main is Racter0 if anyone wants to hit me up with invites there, and my main is of course credeiki

I mean, the irony of that is that people you know are more likely to not care / understand than randoms, although I suppose you don't necessarily tell randoms, but I would think that makes you more likely to get flamed by said randoms.

As always, people can feel free to add me (Doctor Ivellius, though summoner is in my signature). And to the rest of the thread, if y'all want me to start an "active people" section let me know.

Me elsewhere:
  • Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Next Champion VGU is officially Akali (After Irelia and Aatrox).

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    Ivellius wrote: »
    Ivellius , I know you didn't want to hugely change the OP, but do you think maybe we should keep a list of summoner names for active posters in there so that people can add each other easily?

credeiki I don't necessarily mind doing this--actually, I don't mind cleaning up the original posts too much other than I don't have a Pastebin account so it seems less productive for me to do it--but I would probably want it to be "opt-in," and "active" also has some subjectivity. There are several who clearly count along those lines, but it seems better to me to just have people reach out in the thread to find people / add people. If people want a list, we can swing that, however.

I play a lot with a guy who used to have massive ping problems. It was really nice, as we could always blame his ISP for any loss.

Anyone leveling, my NA account is MrGrimoire and still around level 13. I'll happily play with you, though the times I'm on vary.

• Options
    I just had something weird happen. I was taking my time choosing which champ to ban and couldn't make a choice, and then got forced out of champ select and saddled with a queue dodging penalty. Is that right? I thought if I didn't select anyone to ban I simply don't ban anyone.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。