As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[League of Legends] [new Ahri skin to fund the year] / [cervitaur dating sim activated]

• RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    I don't get people who start flaming in aram. It's aram man, it's supposed to be chill.

• RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Oof, 2-4 on the day with (re-)learning Soraka/Sona, then 0-2 with some Sejuani jungle games. Definitely feeling rusty.

One thing I never really worked on was camera management; I committed the sin of mostly using locked camera. I am trying to use unlocked but it's hard to juggle camera movement with everything else I'm trying to do. I did notice there's a semi-locked camera that lets you pan around a little bit but always have your champ on screen, that's... maybe better.

Really wish I could just zoom out a little more.

Anyone gotten progress on their VoD watching yet? I logged in again today, and have gotten 0 progress again wanted to make sure it wasn't just messing up for me somehow.

edited January 2019
    Someone was being annoying as fuck in Aram, Saying B8d and talking shit anytime someone died on my team.

His name was D1ckBa11s

Ya, he got a report for his name.

RickRude on
  • credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    Oof, 2-4 on the day with (re-)learning Soraka/Sona, then 0-2 with some Sejuani jungle games. Definitely feeling rusty.

One thing I never really worked on was camera management; I committed the sin of mostly using locked camera. I am trying to use unlocked but it's hard to juggle camera movement with everything else I'm trying to do. I did notice there's a semi-locked camera that lets you pan around a little bit but always have your champ on screen, that's... maybe better.

I think you will get used to it with practice, and you won’t want to go back. You get so much more screen territory in lane if your guy is on the edge instead of stuck in the center! It becomes very much second nature to flick your mouse around to scroll—and I actually have my mouse set on fairly low sensitivity, so I make relatively large mouse movements to pan, and it’s still completely second nature.

Lootbox farming update: although it took approximately 999 games of Ezreal to get an S, it took only one normals game of Ziggs and one of Diana(!) to get two more, so I guess I’m done for the season. I definitely didn’t get the maximum number possible and let it sit at 4 possible for weeks on end cause I was only grinding ranked with a limited champion pool most of the time, but oh well. I unlocked astronaut teemo, so that’s worth.
    I really love some of the new skins so maybe I’ll be more deliberate about lootbox farming next season—and it doesn’t hurt to get out of my comfort zone on champions once in a while.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • IvelliusIvellius Registered User regular
    RickRude wrote: »
    Anyone gotten progress on their VoD watching yet? I logged in again today, and have gotten 0 progress again wanted to make sure it wasn't just messing up for me somehow.

Mine wasn't working initially, came up for part of the week last week (Tue./Wed. maybe? Enough to do the missions with a few LEC games). I thought I'd get a new one today but haven't, so I don't know what's going on. But yeah, those not working isn't that unusual.

The new videos have been cool. No one's linked this one yet? Technically it wasn't supposed to be available yet, but...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1e2xApDeRok

Me elsewhere:
    Steam, various fora: Ivellius
    League of Legends: Doctor Ivellius
    Twitch, probably another place or two I forget: LPIvellius
    Boy I really like how they swapped Alistar's Trample and Heal around, he's pretty fun to lane with

• TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular

If you ever have Soraka questions, I'm your man. I basically got to D5 on her back.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • JookieJookie Registered User regular
    If you max heal 1-7 on Soraka you're doing it wrong. If you take heal before level four then your AD is bad.

butts
    Ermahgerd Warwick is so, like

fun now

And my ADCs are always bad, it's Bronze, but I see your point

Lot of losses yesterday/today as I play around with the different champs in my pool I remember enjoying. I think I like Warwick more than Sejuani for sure, and I could play Sona/Soraka/Alistar pretty interchangeably.

I'll probably try to do some ranked climbing with Warwick, just gotta practice his Q+E shenanigans. The new Training Mode is a godsend.

Jookie wrote: »
    If you max heal 1-7 on Soraka you're doing it wrong. If you take heal before level four then your AD is bad.

eh. Depends on the lane and such, but as a general rule, yes.

Ermahgerd Warwick is so, like

fun now

And my ADCs are always bad, it's Bronze, but I see your point

Lot of losses yesterday/today as I play around with the different champs in my pool I remember enjoying. I think I like Warwick more than Sejuani for sure, and I could play Sona/Soraka/Alistar pretty interchangeably.

I'll probably try to do some ranked climbing with Warwick, just gotta practice his Q+E shenanigans. The new Training Mode is a godsend.

Warwick is pretty awesome--and I say that as someone who was sad to see him updated. It took me several games before his Q didn't feel clunky (with the chomp / pass-through option), but after playing him for a bit I got a better handle on it. Same with the ult. He is pretty safe and is solid for "gank this person now" decisions off his W.

Me elsewhere:
  • Red RaevynRed Raevyn because I only take Bubble Baths Registered User regular
    I'm playing a little again after a year away. I know about ranked changes for S9, and the turret plating. I hear scuttle crabs are important - how important? Anything else actually significant I need to know about as a for-fun casual? I tried to look for a website or video covering changes but it's a sea of awful thumbnails with clickbait titles from bad "content" creators.

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Scuttles are real nice.

Imagine if your jungler can get you a river ward that can’t be pink’d out for a couple of minutes. With how limited vision is, it can be super handy. The movement speed boost is just gravy on top of it.

Especially when they sit in front of the dragon or baron pit.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    How do you check how many boxes you have left

What's the deal with the five or six diamonds that appear under a turret in the early game? I figure it has something to do with plating but I can't determine what it's trying to signify.

• Red RaevynRed Raevyn because I only take Bubble Baths Registered User regular
    What's the deal with the five or six diamonds that appear under a turret in the early game? I figure it has something to do with plating but I can't determine what it's trying to signify.
    Nah, that's when you have the Demolish rune. They're building up when you stay within range. Once it gets to 6 stacks your next attack deals 100 [+30% of your Max Health] bonus physical damage, then there is a 45 second cooldown.

You might also see teammate's demolish indicators on the tower, I'm not sure.

• GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    And now, a new entry from the "Riot has too much money" files:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zF5Ddo9JdpY

Scion player "WTF. 1v1 me noob."

Draven players: "Oh man, I'm so good I'm going to charge into melee against a Riven!"
    Riven: "k." *stunultmurder*

persona4celestia.jpg
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVkM6Bggea4

"We have a update to share with you on returning skin lines."

While showing Star Guardians in the video.

MY WALLET IS NOT READY.

persona4celestia.jpg
    Scuttles are real nice.

Imagine if your jungler can get you a river ward that can’t be pink’d out for a couple of minutes. With how limited vision is, it can be super handy. The movement speed boost is just gravy on top of it.

Especially when they sit in front of the dragon or baron pit.

Also they're worth quite a bit of experience, so having a jungler who can ensure he or she takes one of them in the first round is pretty good. (Also also, they restore a bunch of mana...that might be only if you have Smite, but I'm not actually sure on that.)
    How do you check how many boxes you have left

Under your Profile, hover the leftmost icon underneath your summoner name / border / icon / XP bar. That's how many you have available to earn. If you check the champions on your Collection tab, each one with whom you've earned a chest this season will have a box around their icon.

This was kind of answered, but you do see the indicator if an ally has the Demolish rune as well.

MY WALLET IS NOT READY.

I mean...they just had the Pajama ones that are canonically in that line. Not new champions, though.

S9 begins soon!

Me elsewhere:
  • ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    *video snip*

MY WALLET IS NOT READY.

Zoe better become a Star Guardian, dammit! My wallet is primed and ready for that drop.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
    Trying to think of what my Team 3 would look like.

Ashe (I think a bow-wielding SG could work real well), Zoe (because of course), Sona (Because I want nice things), Taliyah, and Sejuani (the most angry of SG's).

persona4celestia.jpg
  • ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Trying to think of what my Team 3 would look like.

Ashe (I think a bow-wielding SG could work real well), Zoe (because of course), Sona (Because I want nice things), Taliyah, and Sejuani (the most angry of SG's).

I mean...Syndra is already right there. Is Sej angrier than a person who literally attacks using manifestations of her anger?

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    Erlkönig wrote: »
    *video snip*

MY WALLET IS NOT READY.

Zoe better become a Star Guardian, dammit! My wallet is primed and ready for that drop.

The perfect time for Star Guardian Urgot.

Also Warwick is an amazing jungler. I plan on maining WW and Hecarim to somewhere above Bronze, which is where I have ended up for two seasons because I constantly play ranked with different champions

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
  • gigawatt666gigawatt666 Registered User regular
    RickRude wrote: »

went to the 'boards' and someone said log out , log back in and watch a VoD. I did this and completed my watch 3/3 quest for 250 BE Hope it works for ya :)

BattleNet i.d. : gigawatt666#11111
    Ps4 : Gigawatt666
    Steam I.D. : Gigawatt666
    LoL : GiG4W4TT
    Just to be clear, the only thing I can do with my 34k blue essence (rune refunds heyo) is unlock champions? Like IP used to do? Kind of surprised I can't get emotes or something for it.

There's occasionally a Blue Essence Emporium that pops up that has a bunch of things you can spend it. I got a bunch of chromas last time.

persona4celestia.jpg
    oh god they're updating morgana??? noooo my coasting to plat with her dreams...

• JookieJookie Registered User regular
    Updating tends to mean adding more power and elements to their kit. It might be slightly more difficult to play them - look at old Warwick to new, but every larger scale rework has had their time to shine. Warwick has been no worse than solid since he's come out.

Hell Akali's been out for a little while and there's still negative counterplay.

butts
    Of course new patch notes for season show jungle XP nerfs. Why not.

Koreg wrote: »

Junglers are real strong right now...

Tcheldor wrote: »
    Koreg wrote: »

Junglers are real strong right now...

A handful of them are, but poor-gank junglers or ones that rely on their ultimate are getting a pretty big whack to the legs for early game

Xin and J4 will dominate this change because they can do lvl2 ganks due to damage and inherent CC in their kits.

edited January 2019
    So I just went to log in after not playing since late last night. Loggedin and played one game I belive.
    You have made too many requests within a short period of time. Please try again later.

Went to the website and tried to log in to send a support ticket, get the same error.

Guessing somebody tried / is trying to hack my account right now? Any clue how long it takes for this error to resolve/a way to contact support about it?

*edit * finally went away

RickRude on
    Korea is running a akali top, Camille jungle , vayne mid, Morgana carry, rakan support and winning at by a small amount at the 11 minute mark.

I've seen karthus in the jungle and mid. Crazy anything goes meta incoming?

I would post their video about gameplay / game modes, but I don't think it had any useful content other than "we're doing some stuff."

They're going to add the Catapult to ARURF, which is new but had already been announced? Oh, and no big mid-season patch like they've been doing. Trying to think if there was any other information.

Me elsewhere:
    Jookie wrote: »
    Updating tends to mean adding more power and elements to their kit. It might be slightly more difficult to play them - look at old Warwick to new, but every larger scale rework has had their time to shine. Warwick has been no worse than solid since he's come out.

Hell Akali's been out for a little while and there's still negative counterplay.

True but it sometimes makes the champ harder to use and occasionally turns me off to them completely

persona4celestia.jpg
    Sylas is gonna make for some fuckin' stupid highlights