As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

STEAM into 2018!

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    So I'm playing this...game I can't remember the name of...Grim Dawn, for some reason. It's...bad? Maybe? I'm playing it though. I don't know how to feel.

It's amazing what are you going on about god hobnail you're always like this

*sob*

*slam door*

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    how much longer is wolfenstein 2 if I just finished
    venus

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Muzzmuzz wrote: »
    A friend got the free Crusader Kings game, so with the dlc being on sale, which ones would you suggest for a newbie?

Ones I think he'll like:

Reapers Due
    Way of Life
    Old Gods

Those are all good ones. The other one to consider is Legacy of Rome, which lets you have retinues, which are standing armies.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I am sorry

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    venus

You've got maybe an hour left.

• Options
    edited April 2018
    Uriel wrote: »
    venus

You've got maybe an hour left.

cool I'll probably wrap that up tonight sometime.

Liberate those 50 gigs it's eating on my HDD

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    -you are the president

• Options
    cB557 wrote: »
    -you are the president

I am?!?!

Show me where to sign the bill to abolish capitalism!

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    the bill was inside you, all along.

• Options
    Melding wrote: »

The only bill in me is Dauterive

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Oh fuckin rad, April Humble Monthly has Lara Croft Go.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Melding wrote: »

The sound of a switchblade engaging

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited April 2018
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3TibSpdbVE&feature=youtu.be

Ghost Recon Wildlands is getting a Splinter Cell mission, and Michael Ironside is back as Fisher. There's been rumors of a new SC game for a year or two now, I'm betting that this will be a reveal or teaser for it.

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    I loved blacklist so yes please to more splinter cell

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    yupyupyup

gimmie some proper spy sneaking again, it's been too long

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Karl wrote: »
    I loved blacklist so yes please to more splinter cell

The story was dumb as all hell and disturbingly like 24

But it had the best gameplay and level design since Chaos Theory, so I'd definitely be down for more

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I haven't bought any Tom Clancy-branded games for a while because even good gameplay isn't enough to excuse the really gross politics that those games espouse.

If Ironside coming back to voice Sam means they're bringing back the concept of the older Sam, then maybe I'll be on board. But I had no interest in the new Sam Fisher they were trying to sell in Blacklist.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I was okay with the idea of replacing Sam's voice actor, conceptually

but if you're going to replace Michael Ironside then you should get someone really distinctive, who's going to bring something new and interesting to the role, but what they did instead was get a guy whose voice I literally could not remember five minutes after finishing the game

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    If you're going to replace Michael Ironside, the new character can't also be Sam Fisher.

Those are the rules.

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    now michael ironside can break into guantanamo bay to torture a dude himself because the us government wasn't torturing a dude well enough

maybe they can reprise the villain from the last game, who sam "disappeared" so that they could put him in guantanamo bay and torture him for information rather than put him on trial because he could have spilled too many secrets in a court of law. Maybe sadiq has taken over guantanamo and has started torturing americans, which is bad, so sam has to break back into guantanamo and capture him so that the heirarchy of torture is restored

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Maybe they can make a game set in the not to distant future about some EU agent who captures American war criminals so they can be put on trial.

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    maybe they can bring back the hard moral choice of whether to kill or spare someone after an unskippable interactive torture segment

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Ooh boy you know what real torture is, it’s uh, it’s playing a Splinter Cell game, am I right folks?

• Options
    I finished Wolfenstein 2 it was fun.

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Or have a game set in WWII and you capture Nazis.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    TOM CLANCY SUCKS

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Sam fisher go on chapo

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Tom Clancy thinks if a Muslim holds a football they can't get into heaven.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    huh did you know tom clancy's been dead since 2013

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    The books have been publicly ghost written for a while, and possibly before that as well.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    ghost written, or GHOST written? ooooooOOOOOOooooOOOooo

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    00501530d4813ab3ddb3353842cafd91.jpg

that shit just tickles me

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    someone do me a solid and edit that to say "CHECKMATE, ATHEISTS"

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Tom Clancy's also sucks.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    ghost written, or GHOST written? ooooooOOOOOOooooOOOooo

The former. He sold his soul back in the 80s in exchange for secret submarine specs.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    While trying to find a game I wanted to play, I thought I'd replay Transistor.

I remember liking the combat when I played it at launch, but now I'm not really feeling it.

I've listened to the soundtrack a lot in the time in between, but there were some songs I couldn't remember the context for. I guess The Spine is just battle music for an early enemy introduction and In Circles is for the first boss fight. Except partway through the fight it adds a bunch of distortion to the song.

After about an hour I stopped and replayed Hyper Light Drifter instead.

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Yo, Hitman is pretty hard. Like I spent an hour and a half on the first real mission and haven't found any of the opportunity items I've been looking for.

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    Opportunities have a setting somewhere about how much hand-holding they'll be, so you can try adjusting that if you want.

Opportunities are also completely optional, and you can come up with your own way to take out the targets. The Opportunities are usually just a little more cinematic or whatever.

The game also thrives on "Plan B" where you mess up the hit and are frantically running around trying to find an uncompromised disguise and a screwdriver to throw at your target's head.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    In addition to this, a lot of the opportunities don't guarantee you a kill, what they do is give you access to the target or get you into places you aren't normally supposed to go, which is just as helpful and you're still free to do what you want with the victim.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Opportunities are mostly there to spark your inquisitiveness. You see one and think "wait, you can do something with that?" and it's probably too late to follow it on your current run but you'll keep it in mind for another one. They are also frequently mutually exclusive.

When you're just starting out just try and learn the level, get a good disguise and follow your targets around, see what you can interact with and play with the mechanics.

This discussion has been closed.