As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Total War]: 3 Kingdoms is out! Rats and Lizardman fight it out in WH2.

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    malekith's start in ME is really weird. I conquered har graef before taking my starting province because the starting province is so spread out it takes too long to conquer before har graef walks 10 feet with a stack to siege naggarond.

• BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular

(Eat your heart out, Khaleesi.)
    I love how that's not his entire title.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    You've got time to build your résumé when you're undead

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • JepheryJephery Registered User regular
    Turambar wrote: »

They're going to ask questions about why you didn't work for a few centuries though.

"I was sleeping in a coffin with a stake in my heart" isn't a great answer.

}
    "Orkses never lose a battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fightin so it don't count. If we runs for it we don't die neither, cos we can come back for annuver go, see!".
  • stopgapstopgap Registered User regular
    Jephery wrote: »
    Turambar wrote: »

They're going to ask questions about why you didn't work for a few centuries though.

"I was sleeping in a coffin with a stake in my heart" isn't a great answer.

Thats why Setra heads the family business.

steam_sig.png
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    Fuuuuuuuck they fixed clumping? I mean... good. But fuuuuuuuuuuck

• TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    RIP cheese strategies. Until the next one at least.

I didn't really use it that much but I hope they aren't like, totally unclumpable now. I like clumps sometimes, they're satisfying. Especially with Skaven.

I'm sure there is still some clumping. I think it was more around the solo lord you'd send ahead whilst they all get pelted by archers.

these great bow tomb king units look insane. they're probably going to be very meta, definitely look like something everyone will want in their army

• CuddlyCuteKittenCuddlyCuteKitten Registered User regular
    It was extremly silly how units clumped on lords, monsters and some more elite units. Ideally you use either one or two units (elite for actually dealing damage or thrash for keeping something busy and draining vigour). If this change actually works it will make the AI considerably more dangerous which is more fun. I hope it doesnt take away elite walls of units holding of hordes of skaven or orcs however because that always looked awesome.

I guess it will make DE starts less silly too (using the rite spell on a lord to kill hundreds of basic enemy units in one go).

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaow - Felicia, SPFT2:T
  • FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    Youtubers have had their embargoes lifted on Rise of the Tomb Kings.

And because I can't find it anywhere else, I'm going to transcribe Settra's title train for y'all:

"Settra, Great King, The Imperishable, Khemrikhara, The Great King of Nehekhara, King of Kings, Opener of the Way, Wielder of the Divine Flame, Punisher of Nomads, The Great Unifier, Commander of the Golden Legion, Sacred of Appearance, Bringer of Light, Father of Hawks, Builder of Cities, Protector of the Two Worlds, Keeper of the Hours, Chosen of Ptra, High Stewart of the Horizon, Sailor of the Great Vitae, Sentinel of the Two Realms, The Undisputed, Begetter of the Begat, Scourge of the Faithless, Carrion-Feeder, First of the Charnel Valley, Rider of the Sacred Chariot, Vanquisher of Vermin, Champion of the Death Arena, Mighty Lion of the Infinite Desert, Emperor of the Shifting Sands, He Who Holds the Sceptre, Great Hawk of the Heavens, Arch-Sultan of Atalan, Waker of the Hierotitan, Monarch of the Sky, Majestic Emperor of the Shifting Sands, Champion of the Desert Gods, Breaker of the Ogre Clans, Builder of the Great Pyramid, Terror of the Living, Master of the Never-Ending Horizon, Master of the Necropolises, Taker of Souls, Tyrant to the Foolish, Bearer of Ptra's Holy Blade, Scion of Usirian, Scion of Nehek, The Great, Chaser of Nightmares, Keeper of the Royal Herat, Founder of the Mortuary Cult, Banisher of the Grand Hierophant, High Lord Admiral of the Deathfleets, Guardian of the Charnel Pass, Tamer of the Liche King, Unliving Jackal Lord, Dismisser of the Warrior Queen, Charioteer of the Gods, He Who Does Not Serve, Slayer of Redditras, Scarab Purger, Favoured of Usirian, Player of the Great Game, Liberator of Life, Lord Sand, Wrangler of Scorpions, Emperor of the Dunes, Eternal Sovereign of Khemri's Legions, Seneschal of the Great Sandy Desert, Curserer of the Living, Regent of the Eastern Mountains, Warden of the Eternal Necropolis, Herald of All Heralds, Caller of the Bitter Wind, God-Tamer, Master of the Mortis River, Guardian of the Dead, Great Keeper of the Obelisks, Deacon of the Ash River, Belated of Wakers, General of the Mighty Frame, Summoner of Sandstorms, Master of All Necrotects, Prince of Dust, Tyrant of Araby, Purger of the Greenskin Breathers, Killer of the False God's Champions, Tyrant of the Gold Dunes, Golden Bone Lord, Avenger of the Dead, Carrion Master, Eternal Warden of Nehek's Land, Breaker of Djaf's Bonds, et cetera, et cetera."

(Eat your heart out, Khaleesi.)

On that note, according the patch notes it's going to be fairly difficult to do diplomacy with Settra:

"When conversing with Settra in diplomacy, players must verbally address him using his entire title-train, regardless of any embarrassment this may cause due to the presence of family members."

united all of athel loren in 20 turns

did I say united? I meant conquered

Jars wrote: »
    united all of athel loren in 20 turns

did I say united? I meant conquered

Angry tree or angriest tree?

• KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    Don't read total war forum on 3k. They are just repeatedly whining about WH magic and single model hero units.

If heroes are a real concern, maybe they can add a negative modifier to defense for every extra model engaged in melee. Aka, if a hero is completely surrounded they can still fight, but they suffer a defense penalty for x seconds.

• BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    What was clumping / what did they fix? I've been out of the game for a bit.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
    Clumping is the tendency for the enemy to swarm high value units like heroes. Crucially, those high value units are relatively resistant to things like missile fire, artilley and aoe spells. Therefore you could march your lord up front, watch the enemy clump up on them and then annihilate them with ranged and spells.

It was real effective with the skaven because they both get a cheap summon spell and a spell that explodes said summon for massive damage.

• SensationalSensational Registered User regular
    Meh, it'll be nice if they actually fix clumping, but then it's just one less house rule to use. If somebody wants to replace strategy and tactics with an endless AI-exploit cheese fiesta, total war games will oblige in a myriad of ways.

• FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    "The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
    Bretonnia got a some pretty good changes with the upcoming patch will be interesting to see how they play.

Bretonnia are just too conceptually boring for my personal taste. I love how the campaign is set up, I'm just not excited by the progression of ever shinier horses.

the thing I hated about brettonia was you cannot effectively raise new armies because past a certain point every lord needs recruitment skills that require level 10. peasant mobs work great in a lot of situations, but at the end of the game when doom stacks of chosen are everywhere you need the shiniest most expensive things you can get

• Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    the thing I hated about brettonia was you cannot effectively raise new armies because past a certain point every lord needs recruitment skills that require level 10. peasant mobs work great in a lot of situations, but at the end of the game when doom stacks of chosen are everywhere you need the shiniest most expensive things you can get

Extra armies cost no extra upkeep for them. So just move as a mob and have a lot of reinforcements all the time

here's a fun fact: lothern is a regular 10 slot city for wood elves, and if you conquer the entire province it produces more income than all of athel loren combined

I feeeel like my work should let me skip all of this training tomorrow for Tomb Kings. I've been Norsca'ing and Skavening a lot in the lead up, but damn Tomb Kings are right up my alley.

They are spooky but not scary as their base units don't seem to have fear or terror like VC units.

• IblisIblis Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    Bretonnia are just too conceptually boring for my personal taste. I love how the campaign is set up, I'm just not excited by the progression of ever shinier horses.

Yeah, they really need something to stand out on their roster. Of course, I also don't really know what they could have added since lore-wise that's pretty much all Bretonnia's got. They don't have industry, they don't really have any fantastic monsters, they don't have magical research, etc. They have malnourished peasants and mounted knights.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
    Iblis wrote: »

Yeah, they really need something to stand out on their roster. Of course, I also don't really know what they could have added since lore-wise that's pretty much all Bretonnia's got. They don't have industry, they don't really have any fantastic monsters, they don't have magical research, etc. They have malnourished peasants and mounted knights.

Turns out space marine knights are fucking boring. Who'da thought?

• -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Information on Tretch Craventail is up.
    Tretch Craventail
    Chieftain of Clan Rictus, the warlord Tretch Craventail is unique amongst his kind. Even for a Race which exemplifies high cunning and peerless guile, Tretch stands head and shoulders above the Skaven pack thanks to his startling gift for underhandedness.

His legendary instinct for self-preservation has saved his skin on many occasions and continues to do so. Moreover, it informs the manner in which he exerts controls over Clan Rictus. In battle, Tretch’s army will gain attack bonuses when ambushing or fighting a battle after an initial retreat. Troops under Tretch’s direct control can vanguard deploy in all battles, and his empire revels in discord, gaining public order bonuses whenever diplomatic treaties are broken.

the risk vs reward stuff is alright but the public order stuff is dumb. you break one treaty and no one is going to sign another, if they sign one at all because you're fucking skaven.

been bouncing around campaigns since I don't want to start a real one until tomb kings are on the map but the early game econ building for VC is so agonizing. you can stomp around sylvania in under 10 turns on vlad but then it takes another 50 turns of build up to get your economy going. something really weird happened though: varg have passive, and survivor as traits so they haven't attacked anyone. they're just chilling up north, haven't even killed kakra drak yet.

• FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    the risk vs reward stuff is alright but the public order stuff is dumb. you break one treaty and no one is going to sign another, if they sign one at all because you're fucking skaven.

been bouncing around campaigns since I don't want to start a real one until tomb kings are on the map but the early game econ building for VC is so agonizing. you can stomp around sylvania in under 10 turns on vlad but then it takes another 50 turns of build up to get your economy going. something really weird happened though: varg have passive, and survivor as traits so they haven't attacked anyone. they're just chilling up north, haven't even killed kakra drak yet.

Unless Truce counts, then it can be pretty darn powerful.

steam_sig.png
    Foefaller wrote: »

Unless Truce counts, then it can be pretty darn powerful.

Even though it doesn't say, peace treaties are for 10 turns right? You do get unreliable if you go to war again within 10 turns...

• TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Tomb Kings delayed due to an issue with Steam

I'm waiting to reinstall to avoid the double file size issue

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
    It's installing for me now. I thought it came out on Thursday!

Jerry and I are planning on playing Total Warhammer on the stream on Thursday, not sure if we're going to get into Tomb Kings or not

Doing Vortex, WH1, or mortal empires?

• KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    Do ME as tomb kings / VC alliance. Doooo iiiit

• EnclaveofGnomesEnclaveofGnomes Registered User regular
    All downloaded...only a shame that clicking on the new lords at the campaign select screen crashes the game.

• Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    Jerry and I are planning on playing Total Warhammer on the stream on Thursday, not sure if we're going to get into Tomb Kings or not

Give Jerry Setras list of titles to read off as you guys are getting ready to start

This discussion has been closed.