As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Phalla Royale - The Testing (Discussion Time)

• Options
    thorpethorpe Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Wait, votings required? Because all I've done is sent my action via PM.

thorpe on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    thorpe wrote: »
    Wait, votings required? Because all I've done is sent my action via PM.

Action pm's are all that's required. However, voting tells me who I blow up each night. Anyone involved in a tie will be killed by collar detonation, so if nobody votes, everyone dies for example.

Voting is not a requirement.

Ardor on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Ok, got everything I need. I've got a few things to get done at the office here before I can do the narration and such. I'll try to get something up in 30 minutes or so.

Ardor on
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Locus wrote: »
    DA, my question to you is this. Why should I, or anyone else for that matter, reveal the information we have? For example, I happen to know where everyone else is at the moment. I don't need anyone making some big reveal. I'd rather to keep the info to myself and then release it if it becomes necessary/advantageous to do so.

Because you'd need to swing the vote against the lone wolf and if the info you have is all private I've got no fucking reason to believe you when you say "X is the Lone Wolf, I have proof!" If all the info is public the logic could be publically displayed and verified and the LW would die by massive vote.

More over I don't see any special advantage to being the only one to know who the LW is. We all want him dead. If anybody can point out an advantage to knowing where somebody is last round by all means point it out. I'm more than willing to be proved wrong on this point.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Celebrim wrote: »
    I hope not, I think someone has a shock grenade in our zone.
    Nah, it's a flashbang. Probably screws up actions in the Zone where it's used.

In the movie, B:L's avatar tries to trick Inquistor's avatar by playing dead after getting shot in the chest (B:L's avatar was wearing a bulletproof vest). Inquistor sticks around to make sure B:L is dead, and decapitates him when he tries to flee. Inquistor then stuffs a live grenade in B:L's head and throws it at a couple students taking refuge in a run-down clinic.

Which is totally relevant to the matter at hand.
    D:

newbombgt8.gif :!!:

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    B:L wrote: »
    jdarksun wrote: »
    I hope not, I think someone has a shock grenade in our zone.
    Nah, it's a flashbang. Probably screws up actions in the Zone where it's used.

In the movie, B:L's avatar tries to trick Inquistor's avatar by playing dead after getting shot in the chest (B:L's avatar was wearing a bulletproof vest). Inquistor sticks around to make sure B:L is dead, and decapitates him when he tries to flee. Inquistor then stuffs a live grenade in B:L's head and throws it at a couple students taking refuge in a run-down clinic.

Which is totally relevant to the matter at hand.
    D:

newbombgt8.gif :!!:

:oops: :whistle:

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Baseless accusations!!!

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Good morning students. I'm glad to see that some of you have finally taken things into your own hands so that I wouldn't have to do this all on my own. It's not fun that way. Here's the report of the dead from yesterday.

Senor Fish- shot to death and axed
    Kilnaga - shot to death

A funny thing occured, when I depressed Tofu's collar, he didn't die. That's funny, I thought I had all the collars maintenanced. No worries, I'll just pick second place instead.

DarkPrimus - death by collar detonation

I must commend one of the students in Zone 3 tonight, that was a very impressive barrage of gunfire. Can you keep this up for the whole game?

There's somenoe who's got some brains out there as well as I heard a lot of firecrackers go off in zone 5.

Oh, zone 2 is closing down tonight. Also, good day students. I hope you won't let me down today.

Voting ends tomorrow night at 10 pm CDT. As with every other day, if all actions come in earlier, I'll write the next narration sooner and we can try to squeeze another day's worth of gameplay in prior to the Wed night cutoff.

EDIT: I'm a retard. Tormented soul is still alive.

Ardor on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    So Locus, do we know who the hell was in that horrible, horrible zone 3? It looks like somebody killed 3 people. It'd be nice to know who doesn't keep their word.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Sorry, I added one more comment to the narration above about zone 5 activities.

Ardor on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    What?!

Firstly, way higher body count that I thought.

Secondly, Tofu's got a magic collar or something? Or maybe he's the LW and the LW collar is immune to detonation or something. Either way, wtf mate. Makes me almost want to vote for him again, can't cheat death twice. But, I think I'll wait for some more information to trickle in.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    So Locus, do we know who the hell was in that horrible, horrible zone 3? It looks like somebody killed 3 people. It'd be nice to know who doesn't keep their word.
    The fact that you don't know says a lot. And it looks like someone tried to take me out in Zone 5. So much for the one night truce.

Locus on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Can't wait to get my PM for the night. This is proving to be far more dangerous than originally anticipated!

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    The fact that you don't know says a lot. And it looks like someone tried to take me out in Zone 5. So much for the one night truce.

At this point it seriously looks like you're stonewalling the plan to find the Lone Wolf, can you give me some reason why the plan is a bad one? I'm not trying to win so much as finding ways in which this quickly ceases to be a game since Ardor want's us to test this. I suppose "Bloody minded people" is one way that the Lone Wolf could be saved from this plan though.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    Elbonian ManElbonian Man Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I'm somewhat surprised the bodycount was that low, but that's what I pegged it at. I wonder if everyone in zone 3 got killed or if there were more.

I !vote for DevoutlyApathetic for tonight. I think that the way he's been acting this thread means he's probably the lone wolf. He's pretty focused on killing the LW like he's the only threat in the game, instead of just focusing on keeping himself and his team alive like I'm sure most of you are. The only people that gain from a situation like that are those that care only about themselves.

Elbonian Man on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Ardor wrote: »
    Here's the report of the dead from yesterday.

Tormentedsoul - shot to death
    Senor Fish- shot to death and axed
    Kilnaga - shot to death

I must commend one of the students in Zone 3 tonight, that was a very impressive barrage of gunfire. Can you keep this up for the whole game?
    O_o

Did anyone from Zone 3 survive? What went on there, and did anyone see who did it?

• Options
    edited May 2007
    Someone definitely broke the truce in Zone 5. It was either jdarksun or Celebrim. One of you needs to fess up.

Edit: Also, awfully crowded in Zone 5 nowadays.

Locus on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I !Vote Devoutly Apathetic

Because I just don't fucking trust him. Of course, if someone comes out saying "I'M THE LONE WOLF DURR HURR" I'll gladly retract.

thorpe on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    CelebrimCelebrim Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I didn't do anything. Who died in our zone?

Celebrim on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I'm somewhat surprised the bodycount was that low, but that's what I pegged it at. I wonder if everyone in zone 3 got killed or if there were more.

I !vote for DevoutlyApathetic for tonight. I think that the way he's been acting this thread means he's probably the lone wolf. He's pretty focused on killing the LW like he's the only threat in the game, instead of just focusing on keeping himself and his team alive like I'm sure most of you are. The only people that gain from a situation like that are those that care only about themselves.

Here's the thing skippy, I'm not doing stuff in the main thread to keep me and my team alive in the main thread because only two people here are sympathetic to that. My PM-ing and actions have been strongly geared towards the safety of me and mine.

The only thing I can see the group collaborating on is finding the damn Lone Wolf. Other than that we're just going to be hunting people who have already lost a team mate and can be taken down with the vote.

I'm really, really not seeing how my plan is an aid to the Lone Wolf. If it is,

Feel free to talk about how that'd work.

We're testing this so we need to provide feedback to Ardor. We won't be doing much of that if we all sit huddled trying to not die in a game that will have no winner.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    And Locus, since you knew everyone's location, were there suvivors from zone 3?

EDIT: I assume PMs are still coming

Celebrim on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I didn't do anything. Who died in our zone?
    My flashbang activates when I'm attacked. My flashbang activated. Hence, I was attacked. DA has given me reason to believe it was not him doing the attacking. So it had to be one of you.

Locus on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Edit: Also, awfully crowded in Zone 5 nowadays.

Holy crap yes.

Uh...uhm....I'm not liking the massive amount of hand grenades I'm seeing here...

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Bah, you lucky guys, already having your PMs *jealous*

Edit: Yay, no longer jealous.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    Elbonian ManElbonian Man Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

Here's the thing skippy, I'm not doing stuff in the main thread to keep me and my team alive in the main thread because only two people here are sympathetic to that. My PM-ing and actions have been strongly geared towards the safety of me and mine.

The only thing I can see the group collaborating on is finding the damn Lone Wolf. Other than that we're just going to be hunting people who have already lost a team mate and can be taken down with the vote.

I'm really, really not seeing how my plan is an aid to the Lone Wolf. If it is,

Feel free to talk about how that'd work.

We're testing this so we need to provide feedback to Ardor. We won't be doing much of that if we all sit huddled trying to not die in a game that will have no winner.

If the LW decides you're the biggest threat at the moment and kills you, your team becomes even more endangered and less likely to win. As it is, you should be shying away from the public so that you'll be less likely to be targeted, but as it is you're stealing the spotlight.

Elbonian Man on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Got through the PM, great..backpacks. I'm waiting for someone to pull out an anti-tank missile launcher.

Celebrim on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Guys, guys.

Tofu's got dynamite and firecrackers. This is one high explosive SOB.

Be wary.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    If the LW decides you're the biggest threat at the moment and kills you, your team becomes even more endangered and less likely to win. As it is, you should be shying away from the public so that you'll be less likely to be targeted, but as it is you're stealing the spotlight.

Yea, he'd have to find me and their are some difficulties involved with that. Regardless killing the Lone Wolf (Who absolutely none of us can take in a 1 on 1 fight) is a higher priority for the good of my team (and should be for all teams) right now.

Honestly at this point everybody is going to get themselves LW'ed. None of us can take him in a 1 on 1 fight and since we don't know who the fuck he is he's likely to get a first strike on any given team. So the likely outcome of 3 man team versus lone wolf is 1 survivor if they're all around and he doesn't have something like an Uzi...

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I apologize and missed something, tormented soul is still alive. I'll update that now before I finish the last few pm's.

Ardor on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Well damn. That changes a lot of things.

Locus on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Shits getting interesting...

thorpe on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I am eating dinner now. I'll be back in about an hour to discuss everything that went down. Don't do anything without me!

Locus on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    On an unrelated note, I just chipped a tooth. SHould I be worried? Should I be posting in the advice forum?

Celebrim on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I !vote tormented soul

We know for sure that he survived a bloodbath. What we don't know is what happened there.

I say we threaten him with votes to reveal whatever information he may have. We can then use that information to determine if we should retract and vote for another.

• Options
    edited May 2007
    B:L wrote: »
    I !vote tormented soul

We know for sure that he survived a bloodbath. What we don't know is what happened there.

I say we threaten him with votes to reveal whatever information he may have. We can then use that information to determine if we should retract and vote for another.

Wild guess? He had a bulletproof vest on.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Ok, I should have gotten all the pm's out. I'll update the thread to Day 3 and then start reading responses.

Ardor on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Also, to the dead. Feel free to further contribute to the thread, but do not share any game knowledge you know. Chances are, someone out there already knows. I sent you all a pm listing what you saw go down in your final moments for your curiosity.

I'll be back later tonight, I need to go work out and get home.

EDIT: Also, for those curious, the firecrackers in zone 5 prevented all actions from taking place, which means you do not lose uses of your items etc.

Ardor on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Ardor, what about my item? In my PM you seemed to make it clear that I used it.

Edit: I don't mind asking this out in the open since a signifcant number of people already know what that item is.

Locus on
  • Options
    telcustelcus Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I'm really liking the concept you've got going here Ardor. A nice mix of complexity and general bloodbathiness.

However, it seems like a lot of work for the GM. You wouldn't want to make this game too large, unless you had a second person helping you out with the PMs etc.

telcus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    telcus wrote: »
    I'm really liking the concept you've got going here Ardor. A nice mix of complexity and general bloodbathiness.

However, it seems like a lot of work for the GM. You wouldn't want to make this game too large, unless you had a second person helping you out with the PMs etc.

Honestly this game just screams for some kind of external web form where each player could toss in their actions and it'd get entered into a database. Of course, that'd require a large amount of specialized knowledge to make happen.

DevoutlyApathetic on