Options

100 Pages of [PODCAST] Thread We'll Never Get Back

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    My roommate's brother has named both of his children after Magic cards, so honestly, nothing is going to surprise me at this point

Meet my children Black Lotus and Demonic Tutor.

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Someone I work with named their son “Draco” and every time they say it’s not a Harry Potter reference I am more convinced it’s a Harry Potter reference

The thing they fail to realize is there's nothing it could be that's any less embarrassing. There was just no way to win with that one.

Oh I dunno, he could be named after Malfoy's son Scorpius.

• Options
    replacewythyreplacewythy Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    My roommate's brother has named both of his children after Magic cards, so honestly, nothing is going to surprise me at this point

My kids Pot of Greed and Pumpking, King of Ghosts

• Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular

They can have playdates with my kids, Broken Jace and Even-Better Broken Jace.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Someone I work with named their son “Draco” and every time they say it’s not a Harry Potter reference I am more convinced it’s a Harry Potter reference

The thing they fail to realize is there's nothing it could be that's any less embarrassing. There was just no way to win with that one.

That would be even more clearly a Harry Potter reference and also have the same problem.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    How come corn's the only food with a cob

What's that about

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular

That would be even more clearly a Harry Potter reference and also have the same problem.

Naming your kids after the popular literature for the day is a pretty common trend throughout history so I don’t really think it’s particularly embarrassing.

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular

These are my children, Demonic Tutor and Swamp.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    How come corn's the only food with a cob

What's that about

please, allow me to point you toward the Inception-shaped mac 'n cheese line that mr nolan put out 7 years ago

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options

Naming your kids after the popular literature for the day is a pretty common trend throughout history so I don’t really think it’s particularly embarrassing.

People have been doing things they should be ashamed of since we evolved the capability to make bad decisions. Just because we don't learn from our bad choices doesn't make them less bad

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I'd like you to meet my son, Stuart Wellington, and my son, Dan McCoy

• Options
    The Magic names are a deep well of jokes, I see.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Gonna name my first kid Young Sheldon

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »

These are my children, Demonic Tutor and Swamp.

i believe you've met my boys, swamp, swamp, and full-art swamp? they disgust me

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    Gonna name my first kid Young Sheldon

HE SPUN-OFF OF THE BIG BANG I HAD WITH HIS MOTHER pooro is heard repeating at dinner parties until his final days in the cyberfolks home

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options

My four kids, Left Arm of the Forbidden One, Right Arm of the Forbidden One, Exodia the Forbidden One, and Left Leg of the Forbidden One, we're trying to have one more.

• Options
    edited January 2018
    My children, Hundred-Hand Slap and Tatsumaki Senpuu Kiyaku

SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited January 2018

I think it's less obvious than the influx of daughters named Khalessi by parents unaware that it's Dany's title and not her actual name.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    I do think there's something to be said for putting "Young" in your kid's name. Starts out endearing, then becomes increasingly more ironic as time ravages the kid, ensuring you can continue to dunk on them even from beyond the grave.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options

My four kids, Left Arm of the Forbidden One, Right Arm of the Forbidden One, Exodia the Forbidden One, and Left Leg of the Forbidden One, we're trying to have one more.

My kids, Blue Eyes White Dragon, Blue Eyes White Dragon, and Blue Eyes White Dragon. Someone else used to have a kid named Blue Eyes White Dragon, and they don't anymore.

• Options
    My children, Good Egg Galaxy and Scrap Brain Zone

sig.gif
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    My daughter Young Pope

• Options
    My kids Reverse, Skip, and Wild Draw Four

• Options
    simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular

My kids, Blue Eyes White Dragon, Blue Eyes White Dragon, and Blue Eyes White Dragon. Someone else used to have a kid named Blue Eyes White Dragon, and they don't anymore.

I hate that I get this.

• Options
    Have you met my kids, The Constant and The Best Of Both Worlds, Part One

sig.gif
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    My darling twins, Ace (High) and Ace (Low)

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular

They grew up and all got in a polyamerouszation relationship with this kid named Black Luster Soldier.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options

Pooro I want you to know that I hate your third kid more deeply than I thought I could ever hate a person in my life.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    kmzkmz Registered User regular

[Scifi hipster voice] Frell you, that's a Farscape reference which is obviously way cooler than a Harry Potter reference.

• Options

Pooro I want you to know that I hate your third kid more deeply than I thought I could ever hate a person in my life.

I'm banking on a "Boy Named Sue" situation, where she grows up tough as hell

• Options

I'm banking on a "Boy Named Sue" situation, where she grows up tough as hell

I mean, she's named after a destroyer of worlds. I expect great things from her

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    kmz wrote: »

[Scifi hipster voice] Frell you, that's a Farscape reference which is obviously way cooler than a Harry Potter reference.

I thought it was a reference to Vigoro's flagship in Skies of Arcadia?

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    if I had a daughter, I'd name her Creedence

if I had a son, I'd probably name him after me, so he can be a 'the Third'

• Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    I have two nephews by the names maximus and leonidas

• Options
    Stand Out (Reprise) Johnson, will you take Duel Of The Fates Mason as your lawfully wedded husband

sig.gif
  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    oh wait no, I'd name him after me but with an extra letter in the name and tell him

"you're a clone, son. a clone son, my cloneson."

• Options
    Uriel wrote: »
    I have two nephews by the names maximus and leonidas

"...and that's the story of how your grandfathers started the Society from Red Rising, kids."

• Options
    kmzkmz Registered User regular
    The Garfbody Pamhead/Pambody Garfhead wedding was one for the ages.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Double!

WeedLordVegeta on
This discussion has been closed.