Options

100 Pages of [PODCAST] Thread We'll Never Get Back

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    kmz wrote: »
    The Garfbody Pamhead/Pambody Garfhead wedding was one for the ages.

those ages, specifically, were 18+

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    Y'all got me to start the Amory Score this morning.

In my senior year of high school I and a couple of friends drove to Rochester, NY from southwest Michigan because C&C hadn't announced any closer tour dates and we were worried that since No World for Tomorrow had just come out there might not be another chance to see them. I distinctly remember there being rumors that since the story was "done" the band might break up. One of those friends has a giant dragonfly tattooed on her arm. We took Coheed and Cambria Very Seriously.

I've fallen away from C&C a lot since then but this podcast is simultaneously making me very embarrassed but also fuck yeah some of these songs are bangers.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Charizard Jones is still the best real name you can make with a pokemon name as one of the two names

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Charizard Jones is still the best real name you can make with a pokemon name as one of the two names

Holy shit
    I wish my last name was Jones so I could name a kid this

...this is also assuming I could fool some poor woman into marrying me and bearing a child

• Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    Thank you, baby naming thread. This has been very helpful for my wife and me.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »
    The Magic names are a deep well of jokes, I see.

We didn't figure it out until his second kid, because the first one was, while kind of nerdy sounding, still like, a normal human name. But his second child... not so much (it's technically a name as well, but not one you say very often in English speaking countries).

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

Holy shit

...this is also assuming I could fool some poor woman into marrying me and bearing a child

I know right! Its a great name and I can't really explain why

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Boy I got my Ancient Membership badge today
    How have I wasted so much of my life here

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    This is probably the best tangent one of these threads has ever produced. Also really hoping @Lorahalo's internet gets fixed because I know he's got some good IRL ones

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    if you don't name your kid Neo The Magic Swordsman I honestly don't know what you're doing

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
  • Options

Holy shit

I think a multisyllabic first name with a good strong single syllable last name like Jones is generally a good combo, it puts a nice firm point on it

And Charizard is a badass word

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    if you don't name your kid Neo The Magic Swordsman I honestly don't know what you're doing

This single post is exactly why you're my best friend

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Listen

RE5 isn’t bad.

sig.gif
  • Options
    SimBen wrote: »
    Listen

RE5 isn’t bad.

I still can’t believe i work with people who like Resident Evil 5

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular

Holy shit

I think a multisyllabic first name with a good strong single syllable last name like Jones is generally a good combo, it puts a nice firm point on it

And Charizard is a badass word

I'm a big fan of the +/- one syllable rule, personally. It gives names a good meter.

• Options
    Resident evil 5 plays basically identically to 4

I don't like either but I've always been confused about why people like one but not the other

• Options
    Also it is much better to play in co-op than single.

sig.gif
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    RE5 is fine aside from the weird racial implications of the virus turning the african people into their 'primitive' state

• Options
    RE5 has a much worse story and stuff than 4, but having a co-op version of Resident Evil 4 outbalances that for me.

• Options
    It plays just fine, but 4 has a very likable goofy Leon Kennedy and is like a fun gory action movie and 5 has the most boring muscledude Chris Redfield and its plot is dull garbage

• Options
    I don't actually have any strong opinions about Resident Evil 5.

The only RE opinions I have are

1. The attache case is cool
    2. The merchant in RE4 is one of the best characters in video gaming
    3. Revelaitons was a really funny typo

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    RE5 is fine aside from the weird racial implications of the virus turning the african people into their 'primitive' state

"The flu is fine aside from the fever, sweat, and constant shitting"

• Options
    I would never play Resident Evil 5 again if I didn't have a friend sitting next to me to play it with

But I played the whole game that way the first time and it was great

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    godmode wrote: »
    Okay, I have to know: is someone eating a bowl of cereal in Episode 1 of Let’s Place?

Probably

There's one later on where I and someone else... Geebs maybe? Are both building a lego model while also placing

It seems on brand

Yeah, that sounds like something I would have done

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    All this name talk made me think of a good local name

sWQfF9d.jpg

A very good local name

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular

Holy shit

You mean like Osmosis????

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    Flattop
    Jimbo
    Indiana
    Junie B.
    Jughead
    Neighbor J.

It's tough keeping up with the Joneses

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I have a manager's business card from some burrito place nearby. Their name is Tesla Beau. I have no idea if they are a man or a woman but I know for sure they're a Friends at the Table character.

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    I had a customer the other day whose name was Memory Pheifer

• Options
    DimosarDimosar I am the Brain Genius Registered User regular
    we named the dog Charizard

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    Huh, Amory Score does not like the mid-section of Second Stage Turbine Blade, but that stretch from Delirium Trigger through Neverender is what I consider the strong part of the album.

It's also the most detached from the story so maybe that's part of it.

• Options
    Flattop
    Jimbo
    Indiana
    Junie B.
    Jughead
    Neighbor J.

It's tough keeping up with the Joneses

Astronaut

sig.gif
  • Options
    There's an attorney at my office here named Richard Bone

• Options
    Moriveth wrote: »
    There's an attorney at my office here named Richard Bone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mU7IUprPqag

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    There's a law firm I sometimes drive past on my way home from work called Bangs McCullen, and I know it's almost certainly two different last names, but I want to believe so badly it's just one dude

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    I want to let everyone know that San Antonio is the home of an attorney by the name of Glenn J. Deadman

• Options
    I want to let everyone know that San Antonio is the home of an attorney by the name of Glenn J. Deadman

I hear several members of his family have tried to become novelists but could never get even a single story written

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Some Car dealerships in my area are owned by a man named Dick Smith and another man named Dick Torque

• Options

How are his theories?

This discussion has been closed.