As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wrestling] 2017 goes to 8,760 hour time limit draw

• Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    Yeah, I agree. All three have had mixed reactions from the fans to say the least, but (Show for me especially) have given me enough good moments that I would have liked to have seen some sort of sendoff for him.

I wonder how they as wrestlers feel. Are they so burnt out by the end that they're just happy they don't have to do the grind anymore? Plus I bet there's always that 'I can come back anytime' feeling as well.

• Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    Mark Henry explicitly stated he didn’t want a big send-off as he’s transitioned to a backstage roll, and so he can still come back every blue moon.

Kane I do t think is officially done yet?

For Big Show, wasn’t his send-off pretty much losing to Braun and being thrown through the cage? That seems like a send-off he would be happy with.

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Nirya wrote: »
    Honestly, like, ROH is a pretty big deal still. They are bigger than the other indies.

There's a reason why during Mania week all the other companies bend over backwards to work around the WWE's schedule and ensure their fans that their shows will be over in time to make it to WWE's shows, while ROH just runs directly against Takeover without giving a fuck.

How much is that because of RoH itself, though, and how much is it because they’re the ones with all of the New Japan guys on loan trying to pretend they’re a big national brand?

Like, I don’t even know if you can really say they’re still bigger than all the other indies. PWG is bigger than them, to the point that RoH had to sign a deal with them to allow their guys to wrestle there because otherwise guys weren’t signing with RoH. I’d say the same about AAW in Chicago, and this is to say nothing of Progress. But RoH really does feel like it’s a shell of itself doing whatever it can to stay relevant while other promotions run circles around them.

The only New Japan guys that are actually regulars are the Bucks. They sell tickets and shows well without NJPW guys all the time.

But regardless of how they do business, they are doing good business. It doesn't really matter what is getting those tickets sold, as long as they sell. When discussing wether or not they are successful, I mean.

I think it's absolutely insane to suggest something like PWG is bigger. ROH is more successful than any Indy based on any metric besides a subjective quality one.

LockedOnTarget on
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    ROH could have been relevant like NXT is now if it weren't for Cornette's booking and the low production values that plagued the company for years.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular

Holy shit that is comically bad

I legitimately thought it was edited

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    Reading all the birthday wishes tweet for Big E has been heartwarming.

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Sunny got arrested twice this week for DUIs

This obviously violating her probation means she's likely going to spend years in jail

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    :-/

Poor sunny.

• Options
    edited March 2018
    TNA showed that awful spot where Sami Callihan almost killed Eddie Edwards with the bat. Eddie posted pics on his twitter of the aftermath post-hospital visit, not linking for blood

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    Just watched the latest upload WWE did for alexa bliss, after watching the "My daughter is a WWE superstar" right before the elimination chamber. I must say, I love this girl. All the current diva's really. You can tell all of them are really huge fans, and have a lot of respect for the business. A lot of women paved the way for them, and they realize that and push themselves to be even better. Women's wrestling has come a long way. When I was a huge fan it was bra and panties matches, showing tits, and sex appeal. These women can work in the ring, and are breaking ground.

I used to hate the women's stuff, not I'm a huge mark.

• Options
    TNA showed that awful spot where Sami Callihan almost killed Eddie Edwards with the bat. Eddie posted pics on his twitter of the aftermath post-hospital visit, not linking for blood

Sami is bragging about on twitter and how he still gets bookings so there's another reason to say fuck that dude.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular

I don't even know what the fuck they were going for with that spot either. It makes no sense.

Callihan stands the chair up over Eddie then misses the seat and smokes him in the face. If he had hit the chair it wouldn't have done anything. And he is nowhere near hitting the chair either. It's so fucking stupid.

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    If he'd hit the chair, per WrestleLogic, the kinetic energy of the bat would transfer through into the crossbar between the front legs of the chair and onto Edwards.

He was just a sloppy prick in a spot where you absolutely cannot afford to be sloppy.
    Ms Dapper wrote: »
    Sami is bragging about on twitter and how he still gets bookings so there's another reason to say fuck that dude.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Ms Dapper on
    2ohWien.png
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Yeesh.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Oedo Tai has a LOOOOONG history of trying to kill Mayu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbm6dbygJU0

2ohWien.png
  • Options
    DXZLOX8VoAAOiKo.jpg

Next WWE comic arc "Fight Forever" and is centered on Kevin and Sami. Comes out in June

2ohWien.png
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    I wanna see Sami's happy fun time ska adventures, and Kevin plotting Sami's destruction while at a zoo.

• Options
  • Options
    DXZLOX8VoAAOiKo.jpg

Next WWE comic arc "Fight Forever" and is centered on Kevin and Sami. Comes out in June
    FUCK YES

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    If you subscribe to Honor Club there is a live show at 7 tonight. I dont know the card, but im going to watch it.

• Options
    Magell wrote: »
    If you subscribe to Honor Club there is a live show at 7 tonight. I dont know the card, but im going to watch it.

Manhattan Mayhem

Deonna Purrazzo and Tenille Dashwood vs Sumie Sakai and Jenny Rose
    Kenny King and a fan's choice team vs Silas Young, Beer City Bruiser and Brian Milonas
    Dalton Castle and Volador Jr vs Jay Lethal and Ultimo Guerrero
    Punishment Martinez vs Soberano Jr
    SoCal Uncensored vs Bullet Club
    Cody vs Flip Gordon

• Options
    edited March 2018
    Why isnt it a womans tournament match RoH why is it a tag match?

The card has made me lose a lot of interest except the team of Castle and Volador Jr

Magell on
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular

They did a groupwatch of this event on twitter and it briefly became the number one trending topic in ireland

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    *sami/kevin cover*

This is one of the variants for that cover and I need it
    k6867n4aenj01.jpg

• Options
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    Rusev Day might be the best wrestling thing

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular

Man, i'm having a good time of Cody giving Flip lots of shit for being a flat earther.
    Also not being ALL IN

Also a second note I really hate that I like the new Cody snapback hat but in the wake of whats going on with guns in the US uts just really not a good thing to be wearing.

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    Oh man that baseball bat hit. Such a dumb spot. You wouldn't even need to change it much to make it way safer. It would still be dumb though.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    Apparently Lesnar had a 30 second match with Kane at a house show in Chicago, after being advertised for the show for a while.

The crowd was not happy

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    The Liger match is probably off, Rey tore his bicep https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/rey-mysterio-injured-during-match-northeast-wrestling-252761?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

(And isn't insane like Tana so he won't work for a year after the injury instead of healing it)

• Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Apparently Lesnar had a 30 second match with Kane at a house show in Chicago, after being advertised for the show for a while.

The crowd was not happy

What exactly did they expect? That seems like an average match for him.

• Options
    noir_blood wrote: »

The crowd was not happy

What exactly did they expect? That seems like an average match for him.

Every other match of Brock's since coming back has had much more length than that, even the one where he got squashed by Goldberg was 90 seconds

In terms of what they should expect going forward, it's fair to say he's in his "fuck this I'm leaving for UFC/anywhere but here" mode like he was in the Dean Mania match and the Goldberg with Ref Austin Mania match, so lower than what it was last month

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    To be fair, it does actually play into the story they’re trying to tell with Brock and Roman right now, and I wouldn’t be shocked if they mentioned the match on Monday.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    The Liger match is probably off, Rey tore his bicep https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/rey-mysterio-injured-during-match-northeast-wrestling-252761?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

(And isn't insane like Tana so he won't work for a year after the injury instead of healing it)

Wrestlemania speculation talk:
    Aww that sinks the rumor mill now of Rey maybe wrestling Cena for Wrestlemania, which I think actually would have been a pretty cool match.

• Options

The crowd was not happy

Making mainstream news

https://www.cbssports.com/wwe/news/wwe-fans-furious-after-brock-lesnar-works-35-second-match-at-chicago-live-event/amp/

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular

The crowd was not happy

I'd imagine this is the culmination of making sure that everyone is fed up with Brock and hates him come Mania. I mean everyone was already fed up with him but now they're into beating a dead horse territory.

• Options
    Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    *sami/kevin cover*

This is one of the variants for that cover and I need it
    k6867n4aenj01.jpg

I don't know why James Van Der Beek is driving Rusev around, but I'm ok with it.

This discussion has been closed.