As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Camp Comic] Friday, January 19, 2018 - Why We’re Here

• NagoraNagora Registered User regular
    Uh oh - snow.

WINTER IS COMING!

• hajenhajen Registered User regular
    Linus wrote: »
    We're here for each other.
    Thank you.

• exohobbitexohobbit Registered User new member
    So... They're there for each other. Like, every camper needs something that another camper provides. Or maybe, specifically, every camper needs something from Malachi...?

Linus needed someone who believed in him.
    Neiman needs someone who understands him.
    Seventeen needs someone who cares about her.
    Brian needs someone who needs him to protect them.
    What about the others?

Is it just coincidence that Malachi seems to be the one they all need? What does *he* need? For others to need him to think about them instead of himself!

• XastionXastion Registered User regular
    I like how this mirrors how the arc started.

Thanks Briguy for providing us updates! It is greatly appreciated.

• smokingcatnipsmokingcatnip Registered User new member
    Damn it, I didn't get on the internet today to feel feelings!

• MikhandreiMikhandrei Registered User regular
    If we're here for each other then WHY DID YOU LEAVE, LINUS? You... HYPOCRITE!

• ShamrockSeraphShamrockSeraph Registered User regular
    You guys hit this out of the park. The visuals are amazing. The message is even better. What a wonderful story.

• phillipPborphillipPbor Registered User regular
    marry christmas

• Hawk1966Hawk1966 Leiche Central FloridaRegistered User regular
    I feel like we should form a drum circle or something. . . anyone up for a chant?

Give them their due they truly deserve a break and time to catch their breath but I already miss the comic terribly. I've read others longer but none have ever touched me as deeply. Take your time guys! Come back soon!

• sagelynaivesagelynaive Registered User new member
    This page gave me a major urge to go listen to Everything Stays. Would highly recommend, especially if you're coming off a reread (or a first read in my case :D).

• BrobBrob Registered User regular
    Does anybody else keep checking back knowing there's going to be a wait for a new strip, just to see if there's any new comments left? :)

• briguybriguy Registered User regular
    Brob wrote: »
    Does anybody else keep checking back knowing there's going to be a wait for a new strip, just to see if there's any new comments left? :)

Me!
    I really enjoy reading the comments because a lot of the time it’s something I’ve never thought of or someone adds their personal experience that gives me new perspective.
    I like seeing what the comic brings out in people.

• Taurus_childTaurus_child Registered User new member
    This comic series is honestly such an inspiration for me

• Hawk1966Hawk1966 Leiche Central FloridaRegistered User regular
    I check every day or two to see if there's new messages.

• AdamRWAdamRW Registered User regular
    Thanks so much for all of your kind words about the comic, everyone! We'll get a blog post up real soon to talk about the future of the comic and our plans and all that.

AdamRW wrote: »
    Thanks so much for all of your kind words about the comic, everyone! We'll get a blog post up real soon to talk about the future of the comic and our plans and all that.

Is it you'll be making this comic until you're old and grey and physically unable to make it anymore? Any other update is unacceptable.

• SavageValkyrieSavageValkyrie Registered User new member
    This comic is meaningful and important. I really didn't expect it to have such an impact on me but it really has. And the comments show that I'm not alone. Depth; nuance; an engaging balance between humor and solemnity... well done! And thank you for enriching our lives with your creations!

*Seconds the old & grey motion*

We're already starting to go grey, so we're halfway there!

• Ilze123Ilze123 Registered User regular
    please tell us that you are going to sell part 1 and 2 also bundled for those who have not bought part 1 (yet). You do ship to Europe, right?

• DMDannyDMDanny Registered User new member
    Oh man, I love this comic. It has real depth and the occasional hidden symbology. The feels, the feels.

• uatc79uatc79 Registered User new member
    Did anyone else notice the amount of time that has passed between Linus leaving camp and Malachi finally sharing the inscription? He had a fresh (involuntary) haircut when he returned from the deep woods, and now he's back to his original, shaggy locks.

• AbelhawkAbelhawk Registered User regular
    Oh man, now they're all going to die of cold. :(

• cmgreenecmgreene Registered User regular
    = )

• pennypie34pennypie34 Registered User new member
    AdamRW wrote: »

Thanks for always keeping us to date. :) You'll have supporters no matter what you guys decide/need to do! Any possible chance in that blog post you might confirm if you are headed to PAXEast? ::crosses all fingers and toes that you are:: (Hope this doesn't come across as pushy or demanding or weird - I know you guys get a lot of comments that sometimes come across sort of entitled...)

• SargeSarge Registered User regular
    When did they get winter clothes?

edited February 2018
    Sarge wrote: »
    When did they get winter clothes?

*pushes up nerd glasses*
    That’s the jacket Malachi arrived in and Seventeen’s sweater and Malachi’s jacket appeared in issue #3 “The Legend of Proto Kid.”
    http://campcomic.com/comic/24

briguy on
    I wish we could like and comment on others comments rather than having to do the linking their comment into a new one which I still don't know how to do. :)~
    Think we're turning this into their most commented on strip ever, shall we call it the "Linus Factor?"

• Peter RoganPeter Rogan Registered User regular
    Raise the blinds, greet the Nieman of the new day....

• OUCHTHEFEELSOUCHTHEFEELS Registered User new member
    Hit me right in the feels. Also, am I the only one who thinks this needs to be a TV show?

I wish we could like and comment on others comments rather than having to do the linking their comment into a new one which I still don't know how to do. :)~
    Think we're turning this into their most commented on strip ever, shall we call it the "Linus Factor?"

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/categories/camp-weedonwantcha
    The comments are graciously hosted on the penny-arcade forum, so you go to the forum itself you can directly quote and agree and awesome posts!

• BytEfLUShBytEfLUSh Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    (nvm, delete this)

BytEfLUSh on
  • SDReevesSDReeves Registered User new member
    Long time lurker, just wanted to say that this is such a wonderful, beautiful comic. Cheers!

• metfanscmetfansc Registered User regular
    Love this comic, missing reading it every week. I hope it is back up soon, and get that kickstarter going for Season 2, I want my beautiful hard cover to go next to Season 1 :biggrin:

briguy wrote: »

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/categories/camp-weedonwantcha
    The comments are graciously hosted on the penny-arcade forum, so you go to the forum itself you can directly quote and agree and awesome posts!

Now we're cookin' with gas! Thanks briguy :D

And still I come here. I am not questioning why.

edited February 2018
    am I the only one who thinks this needs to be a TV show?

We know that Nickelodeon doesn't think it should be...

AdamRW on
    Yeah, well, they’re wrong.

I mean, yeah, I’d say that. But, uh, you know my opinions on that.

I think you go the independent route. Get seed money. Found an independent studio. Get a licensing deal with Netflix or Amazon or YouTube.
    Look, I don’t know how these things work. I just know it was good. Really good. And it needs to be made. And I believe in you guys.

It starts with belief ;)

• bandizzzlebandizzzle Registered User regular
    One comic in a month, what's going on?