As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - Comic - Paragone

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited January 2018 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Paragone

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Dodo SandvichDodo Sandvich Registered User regular
    Aww poor him. Maybe they should do a cookie update. Or marshmallow update in case Gabe is doing a third person, he looks somewhat upset.

In other news, I'm really liking the verticality of the new areas.

• T-DangerT-Danger Registered User regular
    Damn, is Paragon really that bad?

I mean, when they're not ripping of Overwatch, some of the characters look pretty unique.

• DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    T-Danger wrote: »
    Damn, is Paragon really that bad?

To paraphrase what the AVGN said about another game before: it's not terrible, it's... okay. But that's the problem; it's so okay that it doesn't even need to exist.

Djiem on
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Paragon is probably the best looking MOBA, or was the best looking MOBA anyway. I don't think Paragon was receiving much in the way of developer support even before their PUBG mode finally brought some attention to the pile of mediocrity that is Fortnite.

That one guy probably hasn't noticed much of a change.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Has Epic continued to neglect the co-op mode Fortnite launched with that folks like myself shelled out money for?

Edit:
    The progression system had serious grind issues when I bailed awhile ago.

GONG-00 on
    Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
    GONG-00 wrote: »

Edit:
    The progression system had serious grind issues when I bailed awhile ago.

AFAIK it still does. Also why I bailed.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Not interested in PVP, not interested in battleground modes. Disappointed that a side activity/mode in Fortnite seems to have become the primary focus.

I just want a game where me and my friends can build a fort and defend it against zombie hordes. Without loot crates.

• BehrditzBehrditz Registered User regular
    "I just want a game where me and my friends can build a fort and defend it against zombie hordes. Without loot crates."

I THINK this is what MGS Survive is. I havent seen a placeholder for lootbox buying in the beta, but who knows what the full game will have. Then again, it does contain actual boxes with loot inside them at the end of multiplayer matches, sooo....*shruggo the mighty*

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    God I love the battleborn level jokes about a community with like 3 people in it. They are the best.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Undead MonkeyUndead Monkey Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular
    Paragon is/was a really damn good game, one of the better MOBAs I've played, but they gutted and changed the core mechanics enough (some for the better, some for the worse) that it fundamentally altered the identity of the game and drove people away over time.

And the "it's in beta" excuse only works for so long when it comes to a lot of the things the game has been lacking and sorely needing, like proper matchmaking or even ranked modes. People can only put up with one-sided pubstomps for so long.

And the community is actually pretty decently sized - queue times are very short (but that is likely because there is only one game mode to queue into, thereby not dividing the player base). Again, though, what does that matter when matchmaking doesn't exist?

SteamID: Pudgestomp
    XBL: InvaderJims
    Bnet: Pudgestomp#11153
  • rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Usually there's nothing special about matchmaking, its just that many games don't have the thousands of people queuing simultaneously that it takes to get good matchmaking in skill-dependent team games. Which brings us back to community size.

rahkeesh2000 on
  • ziddersroofurryziddersroofurry Registered User regular
    Paragon is/was a really damn good game, one of the better MOBAs I've played, but they gutted and changed the core mechanics enough (some for the better, some for the worse) that it fundamentally altered the identity of the game and drove people away over time.

And the "it's in beta" excuse only works for so long

So they pulled from the Dungeon Defenders playbook?

• outcast341outcast341 Registered User new member
    I must be the really upset guy. I love this game. They should use some of that Fortnite money on marketing and getting the game out of beta. Then they could have two hits on their hands.

Epic should just release a free, new and unique game mode to Paragon. Something where a bunch of players load into a big map with some schmootz that forces them to a central point. Last player standing wins a delicious dinner of some kind. They could call it "Paragon's Unknown Battlegrounds" or PUBG for short.

• dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
  • AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    dennis wrote: »

All I remember about this game is people bagging it out heavily on its release for being like Overwatch.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    Aegeri wrote: »
    dennis wrote: »

All I remember about this game is people bagging it out heavily on its release for being like Overwatch.

Wait, wasn't that Paladins? (And Battleborn?)