Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

I'm eating lunch, you dumb robot [chat]

24567100

Posts

  • Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    a
    Yeah what the fuck is that

    “Here is a block of sweet dessert, now rub it on your feet”

    Neco
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Eddy wrote: »
    I think Amazon HQ should be in the DC area so Bezos can rule his two kingdoms from the same throne

    I feel part of the reason the DC area is attractive to Amazon is they already have a large group here who runs the Federal Cloud services so they have folks to pull from right away internally.

    Top it off DC is still the most educated city in the country.

    Our public transit is ballz though.

    metro is pretty great; it just needs more investment in ongoing maintenance

    Metro is a trash fire right now. Maybe even actually on fire right now.

    It needs a stable standard funding source and a less fucked management system and probably a complete overhaul of its workforce/maintenance culture.

    03x29di.png
  • NecoNeco desert harpy Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    b
    b is for neco

    Neco on
  • ChanusChanus Sugoi! ^_____^Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    When I saw this poll I knew deep down in my heart 3 would clean up but I still chose b without regrets

    "b for beta..." I mumbled to myself, my chest caving from ignominy and shame

    "no eddy" you whispered fiercely

    "b for brave"

    psst it totally means brave

    **Winner Softest and Most Comfy Hugs Award Summer 2018**

    Blueberrywerewlf on the Sony Anime Games Box | BluberryWerewlf on the BroBone
    Neco
  • descdesc bare man are locked in Registered User regular
    3
    Eddy wrote: »
    When I saw this poll, I knew deep down in my heart 3 would clean up but I still chose b without regrets

    "b for beta..." I mumbled to myself, my chest caving from ignominy and shame

    "no eddy" you whispered fiercely

    "b for brave"

    Eddy you thought about this too hard, which is to say at all

  • ChanusChanus Sugoi! ^_____^Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    credeiki wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Eddy wrote: »
    I think Amazon HQ should be in the DC area so Bezos can rule his two kingdoms from the same throne

    I feel part of the reason the DC area is attractive to Amazon is they already have a large group here who runs the Federal Cloud services so they have folks to pull from right away internally.

    Top it off DC is still the most educated city in the country.

    Our public transit is ballz though.

    metro is pretty great; it just needs more investment in ongoing maintenance

    Metro is a trash fire right now. Maybe even actually on fire right now.

    https://ismetroonfire.com/

    say not yet

    **Winner Softest and Most Comfy Hugs Award Summer 2018**

    Blueberrywerewlf on the Sony Anime Games Box | BluberryWerewlf on the BroBone
  • descdesc bare man are locked in Registered User regular
    3
    What if I buy the Output Strings VST

  • So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Geth, recycle the thread on page 99

    Geth, the word Trump is forbidden in the thread

  • GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative So It Goes. Thread will be recycled after 99 pages.

  • GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative So It Goes. "trump" is forbidden in this thread.

  • RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Or just "Ron" Registered User regular
    It is D&D day my dudes

    Chanus
  • KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    a
    Actual, Tide pod-like candy would be a gold mine.

  • Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    a
    Chanus wrote: »
    Eddy wrote: »
    When I saw this poll I knew deep down in my heart 3 would clean up but I still chose b without regrets

    "b for beta..." I mumbled to myself, my chest caving from ignominy and shame

    "no eddy" you whispered fiercely

    "b for brave"

    psst it totally means brave

    Butt
    Balls
    Boobs
    proBoscis

    ChanusArch
  • credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    3
    Neco wrote: »
    credeiki wrote: »
    Is the new amazon HQ going to have the same toxic/overwork culture as the old one, probably? It's the sort of place that might be worth considering as a resume booster (if it ends up in a city I like) but also being miserable for N years at work is not great.

    I don’t have any skills to get myself into amazon, but I would happily work there long enough for their tax insurance so I could get my transition surgeries covered

    Also yeah it would be great on a resume

    I can’t think of any other good things about working there

    Apparently the warehouse type jobs pay pretty well and I think have good benefits? Not totally sure.
    I...don't actually have the skills to do the sort of job I would apply to at the level of seniority I would want, but I think there's a chance I could bullshit it maybe
    But also that job would not be fun at all so I don't know

    credeiki on
    Steam, LoL: credeiki
    air-photos.tumblr.com
    Neco
  • milskimilski Their Will comes, at last, to Earth, to the Neath, as a storm crosses the sea. Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    b is for neco

    If Neco were a condiment primarily made of tomato she'd be neco de gallo

    High, cold, eternal, immobile, minuscule. You endure; you burn.
    NecoSummaryJudgment
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    Neco wrote: »
    credeiki wrote: »
    Is the new amazon HQ going to have the same toxic/overwork culture as the old one, probably? It's the sort of place that might be worth considering as a resume booster (if it ends up in a city I like) but also being miserable for N years at work is not great.

    I don’t have any skills to get myself into amazon, but I would happily work there long enough for their tax insurance so I could get my transition surgeries covered

    Also yeah it would be great on a resume

    I can’t think of any other good things about working there

    Apparently the warehouse type jobs pay pretty well and I think have good benefits? Not totally sure.
    I...don't actually have the skills to do the sort of job I would apply to at the level of seniority I would want, but I think there's a chance I could bullshit it maybe
    But also that job would not be fun at all so I don't know

    Considering how many pies Amazon has fingers in there are probably things that you would find interesting.

    Its easy to forget they make their money doing all sorts of automation and back end cloud shit and all sorts of weird ass stuff.

    03x29di.png
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    My boss worked for amazon way back in the late 90's and he's had nothing but positive things to say about his time there.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    a
    Krathoon wrote: »
    Actual, Tide pod-like candy would be a gold mine.

    This is a huge market just waiting to be disrupted

    “People who eat soap because they think it’s candy”

    Jokes are funnier when explained!

  • descdesc bare man are locked in Registered User regular
    3
    milski wrote: »
    Neco wrote: »
    b is for neco

    If Neco were a condiment primarily made of tomato she'd be neco de gallo

    Hello I am neco's lawyer and this post is infringing on her intellectual property

    Neco
  • credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    3
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    credeiki wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Eddy wrote: »
    I think Amazon HQ should be in the DC area so Bezos can rule his two kingdoms from the same throne

    I feel part of the reason the DC area is attractive to Amazon is they already have a large group here who runs the Federal Cloud services so they have folks to pull from right away internally.

    Top it off DC is still the most educated city in the country.

    Our public transit is ballz though.

    metro is pretty great; it just needs more investment in ongoing maintenance

    Metro is a trash fire right now. Maybe even actually on fire right now.

    It needs a stable standard funding source and a less fucked management system and probably a complete overhaul of its workforce/maintenance culture.

    I agree it needs actual funding and not a demented pass the bill between DC/MD/VA arrangement. I just think that the foundation is pretty good. It has great potential, I guess? And the architecture is nice and the stations are clean and pleasant. Also it is reliable enough for me to ride every day.
    A portion of my friends are urban planning enthusiasts or professionals so I end up hearing a lot about metro when I'm around certain people, and they don't unequivocally shit on it, which is interesting.

    Steam, LoL: credeiki
    air-photos.tumblr.com
    Kamiro
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx Spicy Rudolph Registered User regular
    a
    See you at 4, my pretties.

    dycqcc8h2vn0.jpg

    Make. Time.
    descChanusKamiro
  • NecoNeco desert harpy Registered User regular
    b
    desc wrote: »
    milski wrote: »
    Neco wrote: »
    b is for neco

    If Neco were a condiment primarily made of tomato she'd be neco de gallo

    Hello I am neco's lawyer and this post is infringing on her intellectual property

    I’m going to overlook it desc, the pronunciation there is on point.

  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies Registered User regular
    3
    desc wrote: »
    milski wrote: »
    Neco wrote: »
    b is for neco

    If Neco were a condiment primarily made of tomato she'd be neco de gallo

    Hello I am neco's lawyer and this post is infringing on her intellectual property

    Hello I am milski's muse and your post is infringing on his artistic freedom

    sig.gif
    Eddy
  • Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    a
    See you at 4, my pretties.

    dycqcc8h2vn0.jpg

    Are you bbq’ing a used arc reactor with your ribs?

    DoodmannChanusjungleroomxHahnsoo1
  • NecoNeco desert harpy Registered User regular
    b
    desc wrote: »
    milski wrote: »
    Neco wrote: »
    b is for neco

    If Neco were a condiment primarily made of tomato she'd be neco de gallo

    Hello I am neco's lawyer and this post is infringing on her intellectual property

    Hello I am milski's muse and your post is infringing on his artistic freedom

    Hello I am powerpuppies

    Captain InertiaPowerpuppiesjungleroomxArch
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    3
    Preacher wrote: »
    My boss worked for amazon way back in the late 90's and he's had nothing but positive things to say about his time there.

    Most of the people I talk to say the same. The negative shit I hear are from people in fulfillment. Which, if we are honest, is a shit job anyway.

  • jungleroomxjungleroomx Spicy Rudolph Registered User regular
    a
    See you at 4, my pretties.

    dycqcc8h2vn0.jpg

    Are you bbq’ing a used arc reactor with your ribs?

    It's a foil cup for the liquid smoke.

    There's also a cup in the back with water in it.

    Make. Time.
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    credeiki wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Eddy wrote: »
    I think Amazon HQ should be in the DC area so Bezos can rule his two kingdoms from the same throne

    I feel part of the reason the DC area is attractive to Amazon is they already have a large group here who runs the Federal Cloud services so they have folks to pull from right away internally.

    Top it off DC is still the most educated city in the country.

    Our public transit is ballz though.

    metro is pretty great; it just needs more investment in ongoing maintenance

    Metro is a trash fire right now. Maybe even actually on fire right now.

    It needs a stable standard funding source and a less fucked management system and probably a complete overhaul of its workforce/maintenance culture.

    I agree it needs actual funding and not a demented pass the bill between DC/MD/VA arrangement. I just think that the foundation is pretty good. It has great potential, I guess? And the architecture is nice and the stations are clean and pleasant. Also it is reliable enough for me to ride every day.
    A portion of my friends are urban planning enthusiasts or professionals so I end up hearing a lot about metro when I'm around certain people, and they don't unequivocally shit on it, which is interesting.

    I think the biggest issue was in the initial building they didn't double the tracks to allow maintenance and such to occur like most subway systems so instead we have just one pair of tracks for each section. Which is a lot of wear and tear and such.

    Really there probably needs to be a billions spent to rebuild a lot of the system and modernize it.

    03x29di.png
    Chanus
  • HenroidHenroid Radio Demon Internet HellRegistered User regular
    3
    I just got a couple breakfast croissants from a place but I asked to have mayo put on them (because they come dry normally), and when I was paying / receiving my order the wise ass goes "any condiments like more mayo?"

    1) Fuck you.
    2) Who do I look like, Mike Pence?

    Centrism is just the cowardly way to be a bigot w/o being explicit about it.
    American politics isn't 4D chess, it's just if you give a shit about other people or not.
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    hello I am the specter of death and all of your petty squabbles will be lost in time and the people who have forgotten about them will also be forgotten

    NecoChanusSleep
  • kedinikkedinik Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Neco wrote: »
    I have to dye my hair but I have a very busy morning of videogames ahead

    ze struggle,

    *puffs cigarette*,

    eez reel

    kedinik on
    Neco
  • ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Eastern coastal temptressRegistered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    credeiki wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Eddy wrote: »
    I think Amazon HQ should be in the DC area so Bezos can rule his two kingdoms from the same throne

    I feel part of the reason the DC area is attractive to Amazon is they already have a large group here who runs the Federal Cloud services so they have folks to pull from right away internally.

    Top it off DC is still the most educated city in the country.

    Our public transit is ballz though.

    metro is pretty great; it just needs more investment in ongoing maintenance

    Metro is a trash fire right now. Maybe even actually on fire right now.

    It needs a stable standard funding source and a less fucked management system and probably a complete overhaul of its workforce/maintenance culture.

    I agree it needs actual funding and not a demented pass the bill between DC/MD/VA arrangement. I just think that the foundation is pretty good. It has great potential, I guess? And the architecture is nice and the stations are clean and pleasant. Also it is reliable enough for me to ride every day.
    A portion of my friends are urban planning enthusiasts or professionals so I end up hearing a lot about metro when I'm around certain people, and they don't unequivocally shit on it, which is interesting.

    Which is good, because it doesn't need extra fuel for its fires.

    Mazzyxcredeiki
  • NecoNeco desert harpy Registered User regular
    b
    Ludious wrote: »
    hello I am the specter of death and all of your petty squabbles will be lost in time and the people who have forgotten about them will also be forgotten

    Lud

    Put the Arby’s down man

    Just put it down

    Captain Inertia
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies Registered User regular
    3
    Neco wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    milski wrote: »
    Neco wrote: »
    b is for neco

    If Neco were a condiment primarily made of tomato she'd be neco de gallo

    Hello I am neco's lawyer and this post is infringing on her intellectual property

    Hello I am milski's muse and your post is infringing on his artistic freedom

    Hello I am powerpuppies

    You will be receiving a bill for the therapy this post caused me to need :bigfrown:

    sig.gif
    Neco
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    hello I am the specter of death and all of your petty squabbles will be lost in time and the people who have forgotten about them will also be forgotten

    Lud

    Put the Arby’s down man

    Just put it down

    I dunno neco I find that thought kinda comforting

    Neco
  • credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    3
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    credeiki wrote: »
    Neco wrote: »
    credeiki wrote: »
    Is the new amazon HQ going to have the same toxic/overwork culture as the old one, probably? It's the sort of place that might be worth considering as a resume booster (if it ends up in a city I like) but also being miserable for N years at work is not great.

    I don’t have any skills to get myself into amazon, but I would happily work there long enough for their tax insurance so I could get my transition surgeries covered

    Also yeah it would be great on a resume

    I can’t think of any other good things about working there

    Apparently the warehouse type jobs pay pretty well and I think have good benefits? Not totally sure.
    I...don't actually have the skills to do the sort of job I would apply to at the level of seniority I would want, but I think there's a chance I could bullshit it maybe
    But also that job would not be fun at all so I don't know

    Considering how many pies Amazon has fingers in there are probably things that you would find interesting.

    Its easy to forget they make their money doing all sorts of automation and back end cloud shit and all sorts of weird ass stuff.

    Yeah, I mean the issue for me is that maybe I don't want to do technical work at my next job

    But maybe I do....? I'd probably try to stick with image science/computer vision rather than be a generic data scientist, if I did that. I'm sure they use machine vision for warehouse robots and inventory recognition (?) and possible future delivery drones and the like.

    Steam, LoL: credeiki
    air-photos.tumblr.com
  • HenroidHenroid Radio Demon Internet HellRegistered User regular
    3
    Ludious wrote: »
    hello I am the specter of death and all of your petty squabbles will be lost in time and the people who have forgotten about them will also be forgotten
    Hey no nihilism.

    Centrism is just the cowardly way to be a bigot w/o being explicit about it.
    American politics isn't 4D chess, it's just if you give a shit about other people or not.
  • kedinikkedinik Registered User regular
    I tried to draw today and was too sad

    but I like drawing -_-

    Necowandering
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx Spicy Rudolph Registered User regular
    a
    Henroid wrote: »
    I just got a couple breakfast croissants from a place but I asked to have mayo put on them (because they come dry normally), and when I was paying / receiving my order the wise ass goes "any condiments like more mayo?"

    1) Fuck you.
    2) Who do I look like, Mike Pence?

    tbf

    mayo on croissants wtf

    Make. Time.
    matt has a problemRedTide
This discussion has been closed.