As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hella [Chat]

• Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    I'm in the office all this week and it's boring torture having to be on location instead of in pajamas at home.

Bet I get sick from interacting with these animals.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Qanamil wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    Thinking my home birthday project should be to hook my psvr headset up to my desktop to try out Steamvr. Apparently it was doable a year ago so I’d think by now it’d be extra doable

oh, I should look into this too, had no idea.

https://m.vrheads.com/how-play-steam-games-playstation-vr

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    tyrannus wrote: »
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    Also it's worth it to get someone to take some good shots of you, at least with a good phone camera.

Those pictures mean a lot in online dating

definitely agree but like, I'm utterly a singleton in every facet, aside from coworkers...at work, and have been to one meetup group up here. I mean do I go to a fucking mall or find a photographer from the internet or what?

I guess I could dress in a suit and take a picture in my apartment of against a non-terrible wall. And stage one with Rosie.

Can find a photographer but doing stuff with friends is easier

Actual image after Dynagrip’s adventures finding a photographer to help him take some “good candid pictures.”
    Xs3thGTl.jpg

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Can only do standing vr. No roomscale.

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Six wrote: »
    Also it's worth it to get someone to take some good shots of you, at least with a good phone camera.

definitely agree but like, I'm utterly a singleton in every facet, aside from coworkers...at work, and have been to one meetup group up here. I mean do I go to a fucking mall or find a photographer from the internet or what?

I guess I could dress in a suit and take a picture in my apartment of against a non-terrible wall. And stage one with Rosie.

Actual image after Dynagrip’s adventures finding a photographer to help him take some “good candid pictures.”
    Xs3thGTl.jpg

too late, my brother made this exact joke on facebook when i said i was gonna dye my beard.

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2018

totally agree, hence the conundrum. I am garbage at making friends from scratch. I need an in with one person, that exists for whatever reason, and then I'm usually in good shape. Meetups are pretty much my best shot but ugh. The ones I'm interested in are all in Boston, so it's a bit of a production to get there.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    That xbox thing is neat. I did a trial of game pass and ended up not playing any of the games on there but the ability to subscribe to play newer stuff I might not want to fully purchase sounds awesome.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    i'm opening an artisanal dickpic studio

want a free pass?

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    good morning chat.
    i am the egg man
    i am the walrus
    coo coo kachoo

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Ludious, on iPhones there is a way to set permanent autocorrect things to fix the "like" problem you are having.

You would have to type the bad word then intentionally hit the autocorrect disable cue to have it not just turn it into like for you, easy peasy.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    SadgasmSadgasm Deluded doodler A cold placeRegistered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    good morning chat.
    i am the egg man
    i am the walrus
    coo coo kachoo

Thats actually "goo goo gajoob"

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    Ludious, on iPhones there is a way to set permanent autocorrect things to fix the "like" problem you are having.

You would have to type the bad word then intentionally hit the autocorrect disable cue to have it not just turn it into like for you, easy peasy.

Assuming you're using default keyboard

sig.gif
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular

I only use the bitmoji keyboard. if it cant be said with bitmojis it probably doesnt need to be said

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular

I only use the bitmoji keyboard. if it cant be said with bitmojis it probably doesnt need to be said

Post contains a severe lack of bitmojis.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    ChelleYeahChelleYeah Mrs. Ludious Living it up in Cinderella's CastleRegistered User regular
    Happy Birthday @Ludious !

*Insert mushy stuff here to make him uncomfortable in public*

<3<3<3<3<3

I post Makeup stuff and Schnauzers on instagram.

I react like a dyslexic crash test dummy. Hit the wall then the brakes.
  • Options
    Athenor wrote: »

Post contains a severe lack of bitmojis.

im not on my iphone.

Also hapypb irthday @Ludious let's make love under the cold unfeeling lights of the imperial palace.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    I mean I am weird and I will type out my message and fix typos at the end so a lot of times I will blaze through a message and just hit the far left “I meant what I meant” then have to double take and fix it.

And still wind up with 5 typos in my post.

Ludious on
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    hmmm "matt has a problem" recommendations for selling a gun? consignment takes forever, not interested in going half price to a pawn shop. previously when buying/selling guns i was part of the local community but not knowing anyone who'd be interested makes it annoying.

fwiw it's not rare or anything (g19 p much new condition)

Look for a state message board - Michigan has Michigan Gun Owners and has an active classifieds subforum.

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    I’m looking at pc parts and video card prices have skyrocketed this year. 1080s (not ti) were $500ish last year....now they’re 7-900

What happened? Stealth iteration change? Production disaster? I haven’t kept up.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Got a message asking for an informal interview at the government department I applied to.

Finally. This 10-month hiring process. Wow.

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    awwwwwwwwwwww happy birthday lud!

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    I’m looking at pc parts and video card prices have skyrocketed this year. 1080s (not ti) were $500ish last year....now they’re 7-900

What happened? Stealth iteration change? Production disaster? I haven’t kept up.

Bitcoin mining. My 1060SC has doubled in price since I bought it. (Also happy birthday)

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular

Bitcoin

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular

Bitcoins

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular

bitcoin mining (iirc not actually bitcoin but some other cryptocoin but who cares)

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    ULTRA-COMBO

• Options

probablly memory shortage. i know standard memory for PCs has been up recently

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    or its bitcoin

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    or its bitcoin

Too late. Turn in your echo chamber hivemind membership card

• Options
    I'm such an old i had to ask what a bitmoji is

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular

BitCoin miners.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Got a message asking for an informal interview at the government department I applied to.

Finally. This 10-month hiring process. Wow.

Man, you guys are as bad or worse than the US government.

I mean we average about 300 days, so uhh the same then.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options

BitCoin miners.

The future gets dumber every year

• Options
    when the best advice you could give your 2014 self is "buy dogecoin" its already over

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Sadgasm wrote: »

BitCoin miners.

This is dumb, that is true, but it's going to drive some innovation for about 8-10 months (my view on how long for the bubble to truly break and bitcoin to crater hard), which will yield 1-2 years of improved video card functionality smaller size and cheaper lower end cards. Sometimes what drives R&D and innovation isn't as important as the results themselves. So while in the short term this is annoying, long term this will have a net positive.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    when the best advice you could give your 2014 self is "buy dogecoin" its already over
    Shit there's all sorts of advice I'd give my 2014 self, but I actually did pretty well so other than ridiculous min maxing, I chose my level ups pretty good, unfortunately there isn't a gamefaqs on my life.

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular

I'm getting irrationally irritated by the cryptocurrency trend because it's such a shockingly dumb craze

• Options
    Burnage wrote: »

I'm getting irrationally irritated by the cryptocurrency trend because it's such a shockingly dumb craze

2018-cryptocurrency-bubble.jpg

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    Is there a difference between bitmoji and bitcoin?

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    zepherin wrote: »
    Sadgasm wrote: »

BitCoin miners.

This is dumb, that is true, but it's going to drive some innovation for about 8-10 months (my view on how long for the bubble to truly break and bitcoin to crater hard), which will yield 1-2 years of improved video card functionality smaller size and cheaper lower end cards. Sometimes what drives R&D and innovation isn't as important as the results themselves. So while in the short term this is annoying, long term this will have a net positive.

A lot of the stuff we have now is either the result of war, or of the U.S and USSR having a 50-year long dick measuring contest, so I guess that makes sense

This discussion has been closed.