Options

The [NFL] officially blows ass.

• Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »
    KC didn't want to trade him in conference though.

Denver is already in cap hell, aren't they? I don't know how they legitimize paying Cousins 30 million, or whatever. If it's money that he wants, Cleveland it will be.

I am really interested to see what Cousin's will take money wise...on one hand I think the only reason he was asking for huge money in Washington was because he would be leaving money on the table after the franchise tag and he really felt it was a slap in the face to begin with. On the other he just became the biggest name on the market and could hold out for a huge pay day and may have gotten used to those huge dolla dollas the last two years.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    With the current QB crop out there..
    Cousins is going to get PIZZAID

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Why would he need an ID for pizza?

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    yeah I don't really understand what the deal is, but the QB position just sucks these days.

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    has it ever been great

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    AJ mccarron is going to be a starter in 2018 for mike glennon money. What a world we live in

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    AJ mccarron is going to be a starter in 2018 for mike glennon money. What a world we live in

WARBLEWARBLEWARBLE

• Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    has it ever been great

It ebs and flows...but there is a definite equivalency between the rise of the spread offense in college and there being generally fewer quality QB prospects coming out of college. Kids just aren't developed like they once were to play pro ball.

• Options
    They need a minor league for QBs

• Options

The NFL in general would really benefit from a NFL like system but careers are so damn short that it just doesn't seem super feasible.

• Options
    Hawkstone wrote: »

The NFL in general would really benefit from a NFL like system but careers are so damn short that it just doesn't seem super feasible.

The issue is they would have to get in the NFL Development league early, like at 20 or 21 but there's no fucking way the NCAA would ever let that happen

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    I read the headline and closed it

don't ever open any philly.com sports articles. they have never once added value to this world.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    There has always been an equal amount of terrible QB's, but I think it's the lack of development of offensive lineman in college that's causing such a problem for offenses now.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Cousins is better than 8-8, especially with a really good D

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    oh and you know he has a really good D

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »
    There has always been an equal amount of terrible QB's, but I think it's the lack of development of offensive lineman in college that's causing such a problem for offenses now.

Yup. The NFL doesn't have a QB crisis, there's as much QB talent in the league as there has ever been, if not more. NFL scouts have yet to figure out how to consistently identify spread O-linemen in college who will successfully adjust to the pro-style game, though, and it's tough to develop young QBs when they're constantly under pressure.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    There is also something of a dearth of coaching talent in the nfl so you frequently see talented young dudes drafted high and then shoehorned into a system that doesn’t fit their talents because it’s the way that some recycled old dude thinks the game should be played.

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »

While that's true, is he worth 30% of your cap space for the next five years?

And is that more valuable than a potential franchise QB on a rookie payscale?

Denver's not in a "Oh playoff's and we're happy" situation. Signing Captain Kirk to that much money is a Super Bowl play.

So the real question is can Kirk Cousins win a Super Bowl on Denver, while taking up the cap space necessary to improve/ or even keep the team they have at this point.

• Options
    Or you draft the next sure thing superstar QB and fucking break him.

I will never forgive the Colts if they've ruined Luck forever.

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Denver's stuck in an awful spot. Their elite defense from a couple years ago is starting to show cracks, and Wade Phillips isn't walking back through that door. Meanwhile, the OL is pretty poor. They desperately need to hit on a good QB on a rookie contract, so they can spend a little to patch the rest of the roster, but Elway (hilariously) has yet to show that he has any aptitude for identifying QB talent. If they overspend on Cousins there's a good chance that team goes down like the Hindenburg in the next couple of seasons.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2018

While that's true, is he worth 30% of your cap space for the next five years?

And is that more valuable than a potential franchise QB on a rookie payscale?

Denver's not in a "Oh playoff's and we're happy" situation. Signing Captain Kirk to that much money is a Super Bowl play.

So the real question is can Kirk Cousins win a Super Bowl on Denver, while taking up the cap space necessary to improve/ or even keep the team they have at this point.

I mean, it depends on your sense of urgency, as a team. If you think your window is still open, you go with Cousins. If you're ready to start over, you go for some schmoe (like they've done with Osweiler) and draft somebody (which they did in Lynch and Semien). So yeah, if you think maybe this time they'll get it right, by all means.

Goose! on
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Also, I recall reading a report that they were gonna try and move Talib* because he's making $11 million this year?

EDIT: I'm dumb and wrote the wrong name.

Goose! on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    shalmelo wrote: »
    Denver's stuck in an awful spot. Their elite defense from a couple years ago is starting to show cracks, and Wade Phillips isn't walking back through that door. Meanwhile, the OL is pretty poor. They desperately need to hit on a good QB on a rookie contract, so they can spend a little to patch the rest of the roster, but Elway (hilariously) has yet to show that he has any aptitude for identifying QB talent. If they overspend on Cousins there's a good chance that team goes down like the Hindenburg in the next couple of seasons.

You are right if they sign Cousins write them off
    The defence is fine Talib needs to go with Shane Ray not being on the field this last season Von Miller never got to shine
    They don't need Wade Phillps they need Ray back and Talib gone

• Options
    edited January 2018
    Also, I recall reading a report that they were gonna try and move Von Miller because he's making $11 million this year?

That would be the dumbest thing Denver has done since losing Elvis Dumervil because of a fax.

Nevermind. Moving Talib would be smart.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Honestly, Alex Smith being in the division is great. He's 2-3 vs the Giants with a 74.4 passer rating (including Playoffs).

Goose! on
  • Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    Trading Von Miller would be dumb as hell.

Pass rushers aren't easy to find, and he's one of the best in the league.

• Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    There is also something of a dearth of coaching talent in the nfl so you frequently see talented young dudes drafted high and then shoehorned into a system that doesn’t fit their talents because it’s the way that some recycled old dude thinks the game should be played.

If anything, it's because there was so much QB talent in the league that precipitated this crisis in the first place. Your Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Peyton Mannings, they seemed to be beyond coaching, so teams started rolling the dice on young QBs that they somehow figured wouldn't need coaching. Oops.

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular

A reminder that both quarterbacks in the NFC Championship game played under Jeff Fisher in the past few years.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Or you draft the next sure thing superstar QB and fucking break him.

I will never forgive the Colts if they've ruined Luck forever.

I could make an argument they were borderline criminally negligent.

• Options
    BIG BREAKING NEWS

https://trib.al/h67ZCWl

They've discovered the identity of Left Shark!

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Not sure why people are saying he's mediocre. He's sixth in passer rating and seventh in Total QBR over the past three years. And that is with only 1 pro-bowl caliber player on offense in Jordan Reed. While he'll be expensive, a team can do much worse than spending it on a proven QB talent.

Also there is no guarantee he'll demand top $ money. Based on stuff that's come out, part of the reason he didn't take Washington's offers had less to do with the money and more to do with the disrespect the owner and front office showed him in his tenure there.

The Bronco's are in an interesting situation. KC should be pretty good next year, the Raiders could be good, and LAC could also be good. Cousins or not, their O-line is a mess, they don't have a great RB, and it's hard to say how good Thomas and Sanders still are, both are now 30. The flip side is that the Bronco's defense was ranked #1 overall this year according to league official rankings.

There are risks in every option, rebuilding is never a guarantee (ask the Browns). Listen to analysts this fall talk about the top QB prospects and none of them are Andrew Luck sure fire wins (hell there was better certainty last year). Or Cousins could come in and elevate the offense but with all the other weak pieces around him, not have enough to make the playoffs. Or the offense could improve a ton but key members of the defense get hurt and you still end up with not making the playoffs. If it was my decision, I'd go with Cousins. You'd still have your high draft pick that you could then trade to a QB needy team to pick up O-line help. RB depth in this years draft is really good, so they can grab someone in the 2nd or 3rd. If Thomas or Sanders is cut, pick up a WR in the 2nd or late 1st.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Von Miller really wants Cousins in Denver

Who's the KC starter QB now with Smith gone?

Also bad College Oline play has absolutely moved to the pros finally

• Options
    Oghulk wrote: »

Mahomes will be the KC starter.

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular

CFB Twitter: yeeeeeessssssss

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular

Swapped out a ball protector for a gunslinger

Really hope that Mahomes turns out to be more Favre than Grossman.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Kaep finished his $1mil donations goal

x6joagH.png
    q9Fh6Wu.png

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    Fuck Chris Brown.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    So the NFL is that fixed?

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    On the one hand, with everything else that had people raising eyebrows towards the end of this season, it certainly is a bad look. On the other hand, surely anyone who's a likely contender has this stuff written for them ahead of time, right? I kinda suspect this is just some Patriots mind-game bullshit and that it was an "accident".

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
This discussion has been closed.