As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [NFL] officially blows ass.

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Get as much money as you possibly can up front and guaranteed. I would not bet on any kind of long term payout from this league.

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    And it's also nice to see that a league with much less money than the NFL is willing to pay the guy who's not even really in charge almost as much as Goodell?

Is Vince going to try to get the players to work for the proverbial handshake and a hot dog?

I mean, I know stadium hot dogs are expensive but...

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    There's a model for attracting talent that worked for the USFL: pay rookies more. The current NFL rookie pay scale makes that at least for some key players.

The biggest issue they'll face is getting on TV. The major networks have no incentive to draw attention to a competitor with long term deals in place and most cable companies share a parent company with those networks.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    They finally got his robot arm right.

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Clearly fake. You can see the pixels.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Reciever making a split second decision.

Catch the ball

Or

Catch Lucks arm

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    That could be anyone under that helmet.

Just throw a #12 jersey on some 5th string camp arm and send him out there.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Skwigelf wrote: »
    That could be anyone under that helmet.

Just throw a #12 jersey on some 5th string camp arm and send him out there.

At this point I wouldn't put it past the colts so they can sell season tickets

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Torn between being happy we're one step closer to him being out of the league, and being sad he's clearly never going to throw a pass in a regular season game in the league, which means no NFL fan gets to share in the misery I experienced at Penn State

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    can the Falcons sign him

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Doubt it, the team is apparently not thrilled with Julio's workout buddy:
    He also alludes to the T.O. element to this holdout as being something that might drive a rift between Jones and the Falcons.
    “The fact that he’s running around with Terrell Owens has the front office uneasy. The fact that he’s held out and is kind of bucking the whole Brotherhood thing has them a little bit uneasy, too. So, they’ll have to mend some fences, no question about it, once he returns.”

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Of all the petty, stupid shit. Oh no, he's hardballing them in negotiations and practicing with someone they don't like, these must be related and it's a direct offense to the team and he owes them an apology!

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    Of all the petty, stupid shit. Oh no, he's hardballing them in negotiations and practicing with someone they don't like, these must be related and it's a direct offense to the team and he owes them an apology!

The proletariat shall behave or they shall feel the sting of the lash!

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    It's like... what are they a highschool clique now?

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    It's like... what are they a highschool clique now?
    I mean, with every Social Media account trying to be sassy as fuck, especially when rivalries are involved... probably.

sig.gif
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Things the NFL front offices don't like: players that understand how good they are and the salary value they're worth

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Oghulk wrote: »
    Things the NFL front offices don't like: players that understand how good they are and the salary value they're worth

The NFL front office doesn't like being known by mortals it works in secret

• Options
    In all fairness, did TO not prove himself to be a gigantic pain in the ass on every team he played for? Did he not have a history of throwing his teammates and coaches under the bus whenever times got difficult?

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Butters wrote: »
    In all fairness, did TO not prove himself to be a gigantic pain in the ass on every team he played for? Did he not have a history of throwing his teammates and coaches under the bus whenever times got difficult?

https://youtu.be/WwEihRd7fKA

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    beep

Xehalus on
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Jeff Garcia was actually a pretty well-liked player, IIRC.

But all of this is neither here nor there, frankly. The real point is fuck the Atlanta Falcons for trying to dictate who Julio Jones is friends with. Friends. Whether you like Terrell Owens or not, Julio Jones has a right to be his friend and hang out with him, and if you think that Terrell Owens is going to somehow corrupt probably the quietest, humblest WR superstar the league has seen in years (along with Calvin Johnson), then you're just as much a patronizing silly goose as NFL owners are. I'd be more concerned with Beckham Jr hanging out with himself than I'd be with Jones hanging out with Owens.

hippofant on
  • Options
    Yeah, who talked shit about Jeff Garcia? He was the most milquetoast regular ass QB ever.

• Options
    Maximum wrote: »
    Yeah, who talked shit about Jeff Garcia? He was the most milquetoast regular ass QB ever.

Terrell Owens. Terrell Owens talked shit about Jeff Garcia, in particular about his being gay.

• Options
    edited June 2018
    hippofant wrote: »
    Maximum wrote: »

Terrell Owens. Terrell Owens talked shit about Jeff Garcia, in particular about his being gay.

Also, Jeff Garcia isn't gay

Butters on
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    I too am gay.

• Options
    I am too gay

• Options
    Gay Am Too I

• Options
    I too, Am gay
    In my head I was going for a similar styling to "Et tu, Brute" so that's what the comma is doing there in the middle

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Well

Jeff Garcia was a Browns QB

Just going to leave that there

• Options
    Well

Jeff Garcia was a Browns QB

Just going to leave that there

4 Pro Bowls though, 3 with the 49ers and 1 with the Buccs. After 5 seasons in the CFL to boot. Garcia was legitimately good, but he got injured a bunch at unfortunate times and because he was a CFL transplant, he never had the cachet of being a 1st round pick nor the scouts/coaches/GMs/personnel people that'd champion him. Kinda the same stuff that stopped Doug Flutie from getting anywhere in the NFL, though Garcia wasn't quite as short as Flutie.

• Options
    edited June 2018
    Garcia also had a great partial season in Philly when he relived an injured McNabb which got him the starting job in Tampa. Garcia wasn't a hall of famer but he had a fine career.

Owens' mocking him was based entirely on him having a soft speaking voice.

Butters on
  • Options
    Winston suspended 3 games for his Uber incident.

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    it’s a bucs life

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Yes but now it is Fitzmagic time

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
This discussion has been closed.