As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Can Family Guy Get worse?

FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular
edited May 2007 in Social Entropy++
Seriously, new one on right now.

they are doing the chicken fight joke, again.

Has to be like the third one.

Its just fucking terrible now.

FortyTwo on

• Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I would like to watch the simpsons now

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    musanmanmusanman Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    so one of my students asked me if I like family guy and I told him it's the worst show on tv and explained to him why

his response was "no way it's so awesome" and I was like god damn it my efforts are futile

musanman on
    sic2sig.jpg
  • Options
    Ninja BotNinja Bot Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Yet the Simpsons surprisingly had some pretty good jokes though. I miss when both of those shows were good.

Ninja Bot on
  • Options
    FizFiz Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    musanman wrote: »
    so one of my students asked me if I like family guy and I told him it's the worst show on tv and explained to him why

his response was "no way it's so awesome" and I was like god damn it my efforts are futile I must tell the internet

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
  • Options
    Cosmic SombreroCosmic Sombrero Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    eh

it isn't good

i'll still watch it though because i am a bitch

Cosmic Sombrero on
  • Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Holy shit this has been going on for five minutes.

Sheri on
  • Options
    FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Guys, christ the damn chicken joke.

its been going on for like 7 minutes. one fucking dumb joke.

My God, end this abortion

FortyTwo on
  • Options
    musanmanmusanman Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Fizban wrote: »
    musanman wrote: »

his response was "no way it's so awesome" and I was like god damn it my efforts are futile I must tell the internet

yes the internet will hear my pain

if not that then scotch

musanman on
    sic2sig.jpg
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Last weeks episode had a few really funny bits but it was mostly garbage. The show has gone from fantastic to mildly disappointing to painful to watch. It had 4 stellar seasons which, which is more than most shows I guess, but save a few episodes in the last two years the show is pretty much shit.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    NewtronNewtron Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Family Guy is alright.

Newtron on
  • Options
    FizFiz Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I forgot to ask what it is that you teach.

And scotch should be the first thing you turn to.

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
  • Options
    rockmonkeyrockmonkey Little RockRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Being on top just means you have that much further to fall.

rockmonkey on
    NEWrockzomb80.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    rockmonkey wrote: »

And christ, how they have fallen.

I mean The Simpsons was NEVER this bad. never

FortyTwo on
  • Options
    TyrantCowTyrantCow Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Everyone thought it was really bad when it originally came out.

TyrantCow on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    TyrantCow wrote: »
    Everyone thought it was really bad when it originally came out.

Nah, when it first came out I thought it was great.

But christ, my GOD its soooo bad

FortyTwo on
  • Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited May 2007
    Futurama was the only related show that ended before it could get dragged through the mud, and they want to bring it back and fuck you all because it's going to suck like the return of Family Guy or the last 10 seasons of the Simpsons and then I'll cry because I was happy with it ending when it was so good.

Larlar on
    iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    FortyTwo wrote: »
    rockmonkey wrote: »

And christ, how they have fallen.

I mean The Simpsons was NEVER this bad. never

I agree. The worst Simpsons episodes are just boring not painful.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    RedeemerRedeemer Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I disagree

The worst Simpsons episodes are really painful

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Larlar wrote: »
    Futurama was the only related show that ended before it could get dragged through the mud, and they want to bring it back and fuck you all because it's going to suck like the return of Family Guy or the last 10 seasons of the Simpsons and then I'll cry because I was happy with it ending when it was so good.

That is the one thing that I think could survive a return. It was so well written, but this, this, they have run out of "edgy" shit. Now its either just cruel and mean or the same joke recycled over and over.

FortyTwo on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Yeah, Family Guy was it's best at it's first season in my opinion. It was fresh, it was fun. It was steadily downhill from there sadly.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Man, since when did some of these shows require pot to become funny?

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Man, since when did some of these shows require pot to become funny?

They should start packing in an ounce bag with each DVD sold.

Butler on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Yeah, Family Guy was it's best at it's first season in my opinion. It was fresh, it was fun. It was steadily downhill from there sadly.

Nah there was a lot of great episodes in seasons 2,3, and 4. But then season 5 was really weak and this season anything remotely amusing gets trumped by some old bit or musical number that goes on for way way too long.

Butters on
  • Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    oh god

that goddamn dance number from anchor's away

It's eternity in there

Skull Man on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Skull Man wrote: »
    oh god

It's eternity in there

See that might have been funny if it they didn't do the whole god damn number. Not only is it painful but it's lazy on the part of the writers. Like when they did that entire "Shapoopie" song from The Music Man during the football episode.

Butters on
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007
    Butters wrote: »
    Skull Man wrote: »
    oh god

It's eternity in there

See that might have been funny if it they didn't do the whole god damn number. Not only is it painful but it's lazy on the part of the writers. Like when they did that entire "Shapoopie" song from The Music Man during the football episode.

What made that funny for me, was our school doing The Music Man at the same time as that episode aired.
    We saw a truncated version, with a couple of songs, the day after that episode aired.
    They played "Shapoopie," and I just kept hearing Peter.

Me Too! on
  • Options
    Wrench N RocketsWrench N Rockets Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

That is the one thing that I think could survive a return. It was so well written, but this, this, they have run out of "edgy" shit. Now its either just cruel and mean or the same joke recycled over and over.

Exactly. Futurama was awesome because it had writers that could tell a story.

Family Guy's writers only have to srting one flackback gag to another.

Wrench N Rockets on
    sig_lambo.jpg
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I never really liked Family Guy, or Futurama. but they were always better than anything else on at that specific time.

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    edited May 2007

Exactly. Futurama was awesome because it had writers that could tell a story.

Family Guy's writers only have to srting one flackback gag to another.

I guess that's what it is now. I was real optimistic after how awesome the 4th season really was but then I found out most of those episodes (and like all of the jokes) were written or at least pitched before cancellation. After finding that out, I am not too surprised at how the last two seasons have gone.

Butters on
  • Options
    SupramanSupraman Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Man , Futurama had like the perfect ending. While I would love new Futurama, wouldnt it just ruin the great end to the series ?

Supraman on
    Sellin my comics. PM for huge list and low low prices. this the is craaaaazy supraman suprasale. All TPBs. over 142 trades. Marvel DC Image.
  • Options
    BasicBasic Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I have not seen the latest Family Guy episodes. From reading this thread I'm glad I am too lazy to watch TV.

Basic on
  • Options
    NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    When futurama first aired, I thought it was total shit. But I think I must've been too young to appreciate it. As now, I have revisited them and have fallen madly in love. I just bought the first season, and and about to get the second.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Basic wrote: »
    I have not seen the latest Family Guy episodes. From reading this thread I'm glad I am too lazy to watch TV.

I missed most of them as well and then became very discouraged when trying to catch up. If you haven't seen it and get the chance, Season 4 (volume 3) is definitely worth owning on DVD. I got Season 5 (volume 4) for Christmas and I couldn't even make it through the first disk it was so weak. It wasn't even annoying like this season is, it just wasn't funny.

As for season 6 I will make sure that my next Christmas list says "PLEASE NO MORE FAMILY GUY" on the top and bottom of it.

Butters on
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    futurama tells a nice story I just wish it was funny

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Man

People still watch that show?

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I got Family Guy volume 1 on DVD, and tried listening to the commentary once. It was bad.

Wrench N Rockets on
    sig_lambo.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I got Family Guy volume 1 on DVD, and tried listening to the commentary once. It was bad.

The commentary on season 4 is pretty awesome.

Butters on
  • Options
    BasicBasic Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Does anyone here think Seth Green's other projects are still worth something besides Futurama?

I know that he has also done Robot Chicken and ...umm...Robot Chicken.

Yeah, Robot Chicken, whats your opinion guys? I like it, but I don't watch religiously.

EDIT: PS Oh and thanks for the recommendation Butters.

Basic on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Basic wrote: »
    Does anyone here think Seth Green's other projects are still worth something besides Futurama?

I know that he has also done Robot Chicken and ...umm...Robot Chicken.

Yeah, Robot Chicken, whats your opinion guys? I like it, but I don't watch religiously.

EDIT: PS Oh and thanks for the recommendation Butters.

Seth Green had nothing to do with Futurama. This is why it is good.

Wrench N Rockets on
    sig_lambo.jpg