Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Subnautica] Below Zero Early Access Jan 30th

12425262729

Posts

  • ErlkönigErlkönig Registered User regular
    BladeX wrote: »
    Step off the steps of the base at the start. Fall through the world and take fall damage off the ice under the world. This must be what early access Subnautica felt like haha.

    Back during the EA of Subnautica, I distinctly remember being at the helm of my Cyclops exploring some deep areas and being all chill and mellow (this was back when the Cyclops was indestructible). Suddenly, I fell through the deck and the game physics didn't acknowledge that I was in water. My oxygen meter did, though. So there I was, walking along the ocean bottom, bleeding oxygen and low on health, and just staring straight up at the hatch leading back into the Cyclops...but there I was, unable to swim. I put the game down until the next major update (which, I think, was the one that implemented Cyclops damage states).

    | Origin/R*SC/Steam: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum |
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    I heard that this is a survival game that might actually be fun (I have yet to find one that isn't a torturous grind.)

    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • VoodooVVoodooV Registered User regular
    Cantido wrote: »
    I heard that this is a survival game that might actually be fun (I have yet to find one that isn't a torturous grind.)

    yep. It does involve horrible sea creatures sneaking up on you and scaring the piss out of you though.

    Commander ZoomBladeX
  • ErlkönigErlkönig Registered User regular
    edited January 31
    VoodooV wrote: »
    Cantido wrote: »
    I heard that this is a survival game that might actually be fun (I have yet to find one that isn't a torturous grind.)

    yep. It does involve horrible sea creatures sneaking up on you and scaring the piss out of you though.

    And some aren't horrible looking, but are, in fact, quite horrible.

    Erlkönig on
    | Origin/R*SC/Steam: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum |
  • President RexPresident Rex Registered User regular
    Don't forget drowning in a cave while the world slowly goes black around you. I feel like that's more likely than getting eaten.

    GONG-00Elvenshae3clipse
  • VoodooVVoodooV Registered User regular
    Cantido wrote: »
    I heard that this is a survival game that might actually be fun (I have yet to find one that isn't a torturous grind.)

    This is how myself and others got hooked:


    Commander ZoomElvenshaeFleebCantido
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Cantido wrote: »
    I heard that this is a survival game that might actually be fun (I have yet to find one that isn't a torturous grind.)

    If you're really really opposed to anything that even remotely resembles a grind, you can look up a list for all the resource requirements for all the critical upgrades so you never run into the issue of having to backtrack for basic materials. I personally enjoyed the exploration element quite a bit, but there are points where having to backtrack for materials can be a potential burden.

    Drovek
  • BitTWistBitTWist Kitsap CountyRegistered User regular
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    Hrum, found the rebreather blueprint, still no sign of the habitat constructor.

    The habit constructor is delivered as part of the story. My big issue is finding Lithium. Can't build a big base without it for reinforcement.

    Items of Notice (Not wrong, just things that have stood out, and can be changed):
    1. The story so far is interesting, but the pacing feels a little off.
    2. No sense of isolation, as you have multiple beings talking in your ear/head.
    3. I feels like I have seen this movie/plot before.

    3DS:2552-1222-3225 / PSN:BitTwist
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Did they ever put in female character models? I know that was on their roadmap at some point.

    Do they ever actually show the character model at all? Being entirely first person (as far as I have seen), I honestly do not know what gender the player character is.

  • LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    They need to make a new DLC after this one is done that just has the protag relaxing on the beach at a luxury resort. "Gathering and crafting" will be tracking down bars and ordering drinks. "Exploration" will be getting back to your hotel room before it gets too late while you're sloshed.

    Dr. Phibbs McAthey
  • BladeXBladeX Registered User regular
    Erlkönig wrote: »
    BladeX wrote: »
    Step off the steps of the base at the start. Fall through the world and take fall damage off the ice under the world. This must be what early access Subnautica felt like haha.

    Back during the EA of Subnautica, I distinctly remember being at the helm of my Cyclops exploring some deep areas and being all chill and mellow (this was back when the Cyclops was indestructible). Suddenly, I fell through the deck and the game physics didn't acknowledge that I was in water. My oxygen meter did, though. So there I was, walking along the ocean bottom, bleeding oxygen and low on health, and just staring straight up at the hatch leading back into the Cyclops...but there I was, unable to swim. I put the game down until the next major update (which, I think, was the one that implemented Cyclops damage states).

    This sounds both hilarious and incredibly infuriating at the same time.
    Cantido wrote: »
    I heard that this is a survival game that might actually be fun (I have yet to find one that isn't a torturous grind.)

    If you really hate food and water management there's also a mode that's survival without those meters. But coming from someone who hates that in a survival game, it really quickly becomes a non-issue.

    destroyah873clipseElvenshaeDrovek
  • 3clipse3clipse I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Once you've got a reasonable base running and some mid-game tech, you have ready supplies of food and fresh water, so it just becomes something you tend to every so often. Which is like...basically how real life works? I actually found it fairly immersive to how my actual human body works.

    drowning in the ever heaving waters of mother Earth's salty tiddy.
    BladeXElvenshaeCommander ZoomDrovek
  • BladeXBladeX Registered User regular
    Early game question, will put in spoilers to be safe (shortly after the tutorial and first coordinates uploaded to PDA to try and be as non-spoilery but give a general sense of where I'm at):
    is the conversation about the first alien place in the twisty bridges supposed to give you coordinates? Not sure if my game bugged because early access or I'm just supposed to go exploring

    Also please tell me that the (creature name):
    Pengwings are a reference to Benedict Cumberbatch being unable to say penguin.

    MichaelLC
  • BitTWistBitTWist Kitsap CountyRegistered User regular
    BladeX wrote: »
    Early game question, will put in spoilers to be safe (shortly after the tutorial and first coordinates uploaded to PDA to try and be as non-spoilery but give a general sense of where I'm at):
    is the conversation about the first alien place in the twisty bridges supposed to give you coordinates? Not sure if my game bugged because early access or I'm just supposed to go exploring

    Also please tell me that the (creature name):
    Pengwings are a reference to Benedict Cumberbatch being unable to say penguin.
    I found it by exploring, no way point was given. I just assumed it was 200 below the survival capsule.

    3DS:2552-1222-3225 / PSN:BitTwist
    BladeX
  • SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    BitTWist wrote: »
    BladeX wrote: »
    Early game question, will put in spoilers to be safe (shortly after the tutorial and first coordinates uploaded to PDA to try and be as non-spoilery but give a general sense of where I'm at):
    is the conversation about the first alien place in the twisty bridges supposed to give you coordinates? Not sure if my game bugged because early access or I'm just supposed to go exploring

    Also please tell me that the (creature name):
    Pengwings are a reference to Benedict Cumberbatch being unable to say penguin.
    I found it by exploring, no way point was given. I just assumed it was 200 below the survival capsule.

    Yeah the audio makes it seem like they're going to give you coordinates but they don't.

  • BladeXBladeX Registered User regular
    BitTWist wrote: »
    BladeX wrote: »
    Early game question, will put in spoilers to be safe (shortly after the tutorial and first coordinates uploaded to PDA to try and be as non-spoilery but give a general sense of where I'm at):
    is the conversation about the first alien place in the twisty bridges supposed to give you coordinates? Not sure if my game bugged because early access or I'm just supposed to go exploring

    Also please tell me that the (creature name):
    Pengwings are a reference to Benedict Cumberbatch being unable to say penguin.
    I found it by exploring, no way point was given. I just assumed it was 200 below the survival capsule.

    Awesome thanks! Found it and good lord the developers keep impressing me with their ability to get me to go: "damn this is gorgeous but absolutely terrifying at the same time".

    ElvenshaeCommander Zoom
  • Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Did they ever put in female character models? I know that was on their roadmap at some point.

    Do they ever actually show the character model at all? Being entirely first person (as far as I have seen), I honestly do not know what gender the player character is.

    You can see the shadow of your character often enough - male in body shape.

    And this time around - female in body shape.

  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    Once you've got a reasonable base running and some mid-game tech, you have ready supplies of food and fresh water, so it just becomes something you tend to every so often. Which is like...basically how real life works? I actually found it fairly immersive to how my actual human body works.

    My usual solution was to put three single-tree planters with bulbo trees, eventually moved to the bridge of the Cyclops. All I did was eat until thirst and hunger were completely gone whenever I returned to base/the ship, replant as needed, and keep a couple water bottles and a food ration in my inventory. Except for really extended trips, never ran into thirst or hunger issues after that point, and the planters take up fairly minimal space (I'd stick them beside the entrance to the Cyclops bridge and they never even get in the way).

    DrovekElvenshae
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 31
    Nova_C wrote: »
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Did they ever put in female character models? I know that was on their roadmap at some point.

    Do they ever actually show the character model at all? Being entirely first person (as far as I have seen), I honestly do not know what gender the player character is.

    You can see the shadow of your character often enough - male in body shape.

    And this time around - female in body shape.

    I seem to recall that it was either some promotional material that show the male character model or perhaps earlier versions of the game you could see your character model with the paper doll but I don't know what's changed because I haven't played recently

    Just_Bri_Thanks on
    Some days I just want to smack people with a rolled up newspaper. Or a phone book.
    A folding chair is looking like an attractive option right now too...
  • VoodooVVoodooV Registered User regular
    If the wikia is accurate, you can apparently see yourself with the scanner room drones. never tried this myself though.

  • UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular
    How is the PS4 port?

    Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
  • BladeXBladeX Registered User regular
    BitTWist wrote: »
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    Hrum, found the rebreather blueprint, still no sign of the habitat constructor.

    The habit constructor is delivered as part of the story. My big issue is finding Lithium. Can't build a big base without it for reinforcement.

    Items of Notice (Not wrong, just things that have stood out, and can be changed):
    1. The story so far is interesting, but the pacing feels a little off.
    2. No sense of isolation, as you have multiple beings talking in your ear/head.
    3. I feels like I have seen this movie/plot before.

    I'd have to agree with everything you've said in your items of notice.
    I thought I was crazy on the rapid crafting pace, so I went back and played the beginning of Subnautica and it's at a lot slower pace but it makes sense. Now I get they don't want it feeling too much like the same thing, just has me a bit concerned they'll pad the length in later game by making these crazy hard recipes. The story itself also has some weird pacing issues and I can only assume they'll flesh out the beginning part a bit more than go find Jeffreys whoever the fuck that is, why should I care? Okay.. The game is going to focus more on story and a narrative so I'm sure they'll give me a reason to care.. oh nevermind the base is destroyed and we're back in the water already.

    If you've already gone through the short story you should go check out (spoiler for location and creature):
    behind the island with the completely bugged out rocket they need to fix. There's an incomplete lily pad looking biome where random creatures just seem to spawn in, you can find gel sacks, rubies, haven't looked too hard for lithium, and an old friend scared the shit out of me

  • BitTWistBitTWist Kitsap CountyRegistered User regular
    BladeX wrote: »
    behind the island with the completely bugged out rocket they need to fix. There's an incomplete lily pad looking biome where random creatures just seem to spawn in, you can find gel sacks, rubies, haven't looked too hard for lithium, and an old friend scared the shit out of me
    You can actually fix the rocket, as you have to launch your bio scan to the station. As for the old friend, that has to be one of the babies you freed from the first game. So gives you a bit of time frame on how long has passed between the first game and S:BZ.

    I think I have hit the end of what story is in the game so far. Just wish I could find lithium to play with base building a little more.

    3DS:2552-1222-3225 / PSN:BitTwist
  • BladeXBladeX Registered User regular
    BitTWist wrote: »
    BladeX wrote: »
    behind the island with the completely bugged out rocket they need to fix. There's an incomplete lily pad looking biome where random creatures just seem to spawn in, you can find gel sacks, rubies, haven't looked too hard for lithium, and an old friend scared the shit out of me
    You can actually fix the rocket, as you have to launch your bio scan to the station. As for the old friend, that has to be one of the babies you freed from the first game. So gives you a bit of time frame on how long has passed between the first game and S:BZ.

    I think I have hit the end of what story is in the game so far. Just wish I could find lithium to play with base building a little more.
    ya I finally got it fixed and launched but man is it bugged out.

  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    For those of you who are early adopters on the Below Zero expansion, how many hours of gameplay would you say currently exists? Or how much of the game is actually there?

  • BitTWistBitTWist Kitsap CountyRegistered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    For those of you who are early adopters on the Below Zero expansion, how many hours of gameplay would you say currently exists? Or how much of the game is actually there?

    Developers said there is about 1 hour of story in the game. Will depend on how you play through it though.

    3DS:2552-1222-3225 / PSN:BitTwist
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited February 2
    I'm enjoying this game very much! Food sources are in place at the beginning, and the Lifepod hands you the fundamental recipes you need. I feel confident enough that I don't want to reach for a wiki or youtube video like Ark.

    I had a hiccup where I was unintentionally nerfing myself. I was able to make an O2 tank but did not because I dismissed it as a consumable rather than a permanent upgrade. Now that I have it, I can explore deeper. The music upon grabbing it clearly means it was important.

    Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    Cantido wrote: »
    I'm enjoying this game very much! Food sources are in place at the beginning, and the Lifepod hands you the fundamental recipes you need. I feel confident enough that I don't want to reach for a wiki or youtube video like Ark.

    I had a hiccup where I was unintentionally nerfing myself. I was able to make an O2 tank but did not because I dismissed it as a consumable rather than a permanent upgrade. Now that I have it, I can explore deeper. The music upon grabbing it clearly means it was important.

    Glad you are enjoying it! If you get stuck and don't want to google it, feel free to post here and we'll try to give you some spoiler free hints to get you where you need to be.

    steam_sig.png
  • President RexPresident Rex Registered User regular
    All the drops after launching the sample either ended up inside level geometry or were empty. I suppose that means no habitat builder for me then.

  • BladeXBladeX Registered User regular
    Cantido wrote: »
    I'm enjoying this game very much! Food sources are in place at the beginning, and the Lifepod hands you the fundamental recipes you need. I feel confident enough that I don't want to reach for a wiki or youtube video like Ark.

    I had a hiccup where I was unintentionally nerfing myself. I was able to make an O2 tank but did not because I dismissed it as a consumable rather than a permanent upgrade. Now that I have it, I can explore deeper. The music upon grabbing it clearly means it was important.

    Awesome! I'm glad you're enjoying it, it certainly has a way of just hooking on to you and not letting go. That feeling of being able to explore deeper as you progress just gets you hooked!

  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Yeah, there is a sense of discovery and exploration in this game that is missing from a lot of the other Craft/Build/Survive games. Subnautica is a very fun, unique experience. Very glad I snagged it on the Epic Games Store.

    Commander ZoomKarozElvenshaeDissociater
  • Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    So it turns out (location/plot spoilers for original)
    The Jellyshroom cave is directly over the crater in the inactive lava zone that leads to the active lava zone. I discovered this by phasing through the wall, going yolo and diving. Made it to the primary containment facility, nearly burned up in the process. Of course with no way to open the forcefield it's reload time.

    Sir Carcass3clipseBladeX
  • MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited February 24
    What a gorgeous game. Had it in my library for a long time, finally got around to playing it.

    v0sjf97kl298.jpg
    MARAUDER cyclops

    My seamoth is of course named PROWLER and the prawnsuit is PROWLER SUIT.

    MichaelLC on
    Mugsley wrote:
    So now I need to get it trimmed and adjusted, and all in.

    Steam:MichaelLC
    KarozRaiden333MuddBuddElvenshae
  • chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    I started playing this a little over break, and I have had a fun time of it. I'm trying to be as spoiler free as possible so I apologize if this is answered elsewhere in the thread, but one thing thats been annoying me, and I'm wondering if I've missed something, its more QoL than anything, but:
    Is there anyway to build a beacon or something that allows a spot to show up on your PDA? I just found some place for blood oil and some other stuff, which seems like a good place to build another base, but because it is so far away from any of my other bases, I actually parked my seamoth there, and swam back just so I could follow the seamoth icon on the PDA. Did I miss scanning something that'll do that?

    Also, am I wasting my time/resources building bases around the place? I have one in the tunnel near a crashed lifepod which has been useful for getting diamond and such from the caves, and is by far my biggest base. I built it there partly because the lifepod shows up on my pda right near the entrance to the cave, so I can always find it. The other base that has been useful is one on the island where the rescue craft gets shot down, that one was always hard for me to find my way back to, until I got a scanning room so that the cameras show up on my pda. The scanning room has been a godsend. I starting to get a good chunk of the blueprints for the cyclops(I think thats what its called?) so I'm afraid that after I get that, these bases will be less useful? I dunno. I just don't want to feel like I'm wasting my time.

    Anyways, having a blast so far.

    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett

    George R. R. Martin is not your bitch. ~ Neil Gaiman
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited February 24
    I started playing this a little over break, and I have had a fun time of it. I'm trying to be as spoiler free as possible so I apologize if this is answered elsewhere in the thread, but one thing thats been annoying me, and I'm wondering if I've missed something, its more QoL than anything, but:
    Is there anyway to build a beacon or something that allows a spot to show up on your PDA? I just found some place for blood oil and some other stuff, which seems like a good place to build another base, but because it is so far away from any of my other bases, I actually parked my seamoth there, and swam back just so I could follow the seamoth icon on the PDA. Did I miss scanning something that'll do that?

    Also, am I wasting my time/resources building bases around the place? I have one in the tunnel near a crashed lifepod which has been useful for getting diamond and such from the caves, and is by far my biggest base. I built it there partly because the lifepod shows up on my pda right near the entrance to the cave, so I can always find it. The other base that has been useful is one on the island where the rescue craft gets shot down, that one was always hard for me to find my way back to, until I got a scanning room so that the cameras show up on my pda. The scanning room has been a godsend. I starting to get a good chunk of the blueprints for the cyclops(I think thats what its called?) so I'm afraid that after I get that, these bases will be less useful? I dunno. I just don't want to feel like I'm wasting my time.

    Anyways, having a blast so far.

    Yes, there is exactly that!
    Should be unlocked from the start, look under deployables. What's even better is when you deploy it you can give it a name, and then in your PDA you can toggle all your beacons on and off at will in case your screen starts getting clogged up with icons.

    https://subnautica.fandom.com/wiki/Beacon

    edit: Whoops, I thought it was unlocked from the start of the game, I guess you do have to find and scan it.

    Raiden333 on
    steam_sig.png
    chrono_travellerElvenshae
  • HandkorHandkor Registered User regular
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    I started playing this a little over break, and I have had a fun time of it. I'm trying to be as spoiler free as possible so I apologize if this is answered elsewhere in the thread, but one thing thats been annoying me, and I'm wondering if I've missed something, its more QoL than anything, but:
    Is there anyway to build a beacon or something that allows a spot to show up on your PDA? I just found some place for blood oil and some other stuff, which seems like a good place to build another base, but because it is so far away from any of my other bases, I actually parked my seamoth there, and swam back just so I could follow the seamoth icon on the PDA. Did I miss scanning something that'll do that?

    Also, am I wasting my time/resources building bases around the place? I have one in the tunnel near a crashed lifepod which has been useful for getting diamond and such from the caves, and is by far my biggest base. I built it there partly because the lifepod shows up on my pda right near the entrance to the cave, so I can always find it. The other base that has been useful is one on the island where the rescue craft gets shot down, that one was always hard for me to find my way back to, until I got a scanning room so that the cameras show up on my pda. The scanning room has been a godsend. I starting to get a good chunk of the blueprints for the cyclops(I think thats what its called?) so I'm afraid that after I get that, these bases will be less useful? I dunno. I just don't want to feel like I'm wasting my time.

    Anyways, having a blast so far.

    Yes, there is exactly that!
    Should be unlocked from the start, look under deployables. What's even better is when you deploy it you can give it a name, and then in your PDA you can toggle all your beacons on and off at will in case your screen starts getting clogged up with icons.

    https://subnautica.fandom.com/wiki/Beacon

    edit: Whoops, I thought it was unlocked from the start of the game, I guess you do have to find and scan it.

    I had the same issue, missed it until 2/3 of my way through the game. I was creating scanning room since their cameras would be marked on screen.

    chrono_traveller
  • MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    Handkor wrote: »
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    I started playing this a little over break, and I have had a fun time of it. I'm trying to be as spoiler free as possible so I apologize if this is answered elsewhere in the thread, but one thing thats been annoying me, and I'm wondering if I've missed something, its more QoL than anything, but:
    Is there anyway to build a beacon or something that allows a spot to show up on your PDA? I just found some place for blood oil and some other stuff, which seems like a good place to build another base, but because it is so far away from any of my other bases, I actually parked my seamoth there, and swam back just so I could follow the seamoth icon on the PDA. Did I miss scanning something that'll do that?

    Also, am I wasting my time/resources building bases around the place? I have one in the tunnel near a crashed lifepod which has been useful for getting diamond and such from the caves, and is by far my biggest base. I built it there partly because the lifepod shows up on my pda right near the entrance to the cave, so I can always find it. The other base that has been useful is one on the island where the rescue craft gets shot down, that one was always hard for me to find my way back to, until I got a scanning room so that the cameras show up on my pda. The scanning room has been a godsend. I starting to get a good chunk of the blueprints for the cyclops(I think thats what its called?) so I'm afraid that after I get that, these bases will be less useful? I dunno. I just don't want to feel like I'm wasting my time.

    Anyways, having a blast so far.

    Yes, there is exactly that!
    Should be unlocked from the start, look under deployables. What's even better is when you deploy it you can give it a name, and then in your PDA you can toggle all your beacons on and off at will in case your screen starts getting clogged up with icons.

    https://subnautica.fandom.com/wiki/Beacon

    edit: Whoops, I thought it was unlocked from the start of the game, I guess you do have to find and scan it.

    I had the same issue, missed it until 2/3 of my way through the game. I was creating scanning room since their cameras would be marked on screen.

    There are worse things than having scanning rooms all over the map.

    steam_sig.png
    chrono_travellerElvenshae
  • DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Cantido wrote: »
    I heard that this is a survival game that might actually be fun (I have yet to find one that isn't a torturous grind.)

    It being a survival game with an actual narrative and endgame helps it a lot, I find. You have objectives, you're not just futzing around.

    Steam ID: Right here.
    Commander ZoomElvenshaeMichaelLCKarozGONG-00
  • Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    I am addicted to early access survival/crafting games, and nothing touches Subnautica for how good it is, and it's because of what the developers set out to accomplish with this one.

    Subnautica's mechanical progress is all based on exploration. About finding more clues and hints and accessing deeper, more hostile regions. Most, if not all other survival/crafting games make you grind the shit out of building stuff to access further tiers.

    It's a vastly more rewarding experience because the progression is about the world, about experiencing the game, rather than arbitrary numbers on a thinly veiled spreadsheet.

    SatsumomoHandkor
Sign In or Register to comment.